Cowboys win NFC East, secure rematch with Eagles

For the past year, Eagles fans have been trumpeting the final score of last year’s regular-season finale:  44-6.

For a week, the Cowboys will get to replace that with a new number:  24-0.

They got their via 311 passing yards from quarterback Tony Romo, and 91 yards rushing from Marion Barber and 91 from Felix Jones.

Next weekend, one of the teams will be able to spend the rest of the year with a new rallying cry based on the final score of the game.

By beating the Eagles, the Cowboys won the NFC East, and they’ll host the Eagles in the wild-card round.

It will be the fourth time that the two rivals have gotten together in the postseason.  In 1995, the Cowboys beat the Eagles at home, 30-11.  Three years earlier, the Cowboys won at home 34-10.  In 1980, the Eagles won in Philly, 20-7.

Permalink 113 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
113 Responses to “Cowboys win NFC East, secure rematch with Eagles”
  1. Slow Joe says: Jan 3, 2010 7:46 PM

Let the smack talk between the two teams’ fans begin.
    Should be fun. Hey, I’m a Bucs fan. I have so little to look for in life.

2. boysroll says: Jan 3, 2010 7:48 PM

HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!!!! WHERE ARE ALL THE ANTI BOYS AND ROMO HATERS? AWFULLY QUIET OUT THERE YOU BUNCH OF WIMP HATERS.
    THIS REMINDS ME OF THE 90′S WHEN WE WERE KICKING TAIL WEEK TO WEEK FOR ALL THOSE SB’S.
    COME ON BOYS FANS….LETS LIGHT THIS BOARD UP.
    HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!!! SB BABY….

3. robolundgren says: Jan 3, 2010 7:48 PM

NFC BEast circle of destruction this year, Cowboys swept Eagles, Eagles swept Giants, Giants swept Cowboys, and everyone swept the Redskins. Cowboys goin’ all the way baby, love it.

4. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 3, 2010 7:48 PM

Suck yellow snowballs, philthy.
    Way to show up. 24-zip.
    a damn zip.

5. spanky2525 says: Jan 3, 2010 7:49 PM

6. DaMayan says: Jan 3, 2010 7:50 PM

It’s very weird to say but the Cowboys got hot at right time!
    WTF…

7. Favre On HGH says: Jan 3, 2010 7:52 PM

8. Hot_Carl_On_You says: Jan 3, 2010 7:53 PM

24 0 – Gotta love it Philthy fans

9. Child_Please! says: Jan 3, 2010 7:54 PM

The Boys will spank them again next week.

10. MNFANINAZ says: Jan 3, 2010 7:54 PM

THANK YOU, BRETT FOR AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING SEASON… Killing the 9ers, Ripping the hearts out of the Cheese head fat ass slobs, winning our 2nd (18th overall) Division title and the 2nd seed in the NFC! We owe it all to you!!! With you…and dome field, NOTHINGS GONNA STOP US NOW!!!
    Looking in your eyes, I see a paradise.
    This world that I found is too good to be true.
    Standing here beside you, I want so much to give you this love in my heart that im feeling for you
    Let them say we’re crazy.
    I don’t care about that.
    Put your hand in my hand, baby, don’t ever look back.
    Let the world around us just fall apart.
    Maybe we can make it if we’re heart to heart.
    And we can build this thing together, stand in stone forever, nothing’s gonna stop us now.
    And if this world runs out of lovers we’ll still have eachother.
    Nothing’s gonna stop us, nothing’s gonna stop us now.
    I’m so glad I found you, I’m not gonna lose you, whatever it takes to stay here with you.
    Take it too the good times, see it through the bad times.
    Whatever it takes is what I’m gonna do.
    Let them say we’re crazy.
    What do they know?
    Put your arms around me, baby, don’t ever let go.
    Let the world around us just fall apart.
    Baby, we can make it if we’re heart to heart.
    Oh, all that I need is you.
    All that I ever need.
    All that I want to do is hold you forever, forever and ever.
    And if this world runs out of lovers we’ll still have eachother.
    Nothing’s gonna stop us, nothing’s gonna stop us now.
    And if this world runs out of lovers we’ll still have eachother.
    Nothing’s gonna stop us, nothing’s gonna stop us now.

11. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 3, 2010 7:55 PM

“Each time, the home team won — and the winner ultimately went to the Super Bowl.”
    The difference being that the Cowboys actually did something WITH the Super Bowl once they got there.
    BUUUUUUUURN!!!!

12. TheWizard says: Jan 3, 2010 7:56 PM

Ouch

13. ryancl05 says: Jan 3, 2010 7:56 PM

Im an Eagles fan but that was an all around ass whoopin. I just hope that next weekend is alot different. Its very hard to beat a NFL team three times in one season. The Philly offense was awful. They had to many dropped passes. Dallas played well against the zone defense.

14. HappyBunny says: Jan 3, 2010 7:57 PM

My Boys won the East! Great job. I’m happy, but obviously, next week is what really counts. Hope they bring the same intensity and focus and beat down Filthy again!
    BTW, WTF is up with the refs? TWO cheap shot late hits on Romo at the end of the game! Hope Spencer and the other defensive guys see that this week and get payback!

15. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 8:00 PM

Saints 48-22
    Chargers 31-23
    Cowboys 20-16 and 24-0

16. dogman04 says: Jan 3, 2010 8:01 PM

The Beagles got chewed up and spit out. Sit….stay….good dog.

17. sabomnim says: Jan 3, 2010 8:03 PM

how did they win the east if eagles got a better record?
    didnt the eagles win the NFC east?

18. bigrig says: Jan 3, 2010 8:03 PM

Every time the winner of Dallas- Philly playoff went to SB.
    Dallas won both of those SB’s. Big difference. Philly got blown out by Oakland 27-10 in theirs.

19. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 3, 2010 8:04 PM

24-0, 24-0, 24-0
    Philly fans can shut the hell up. A sweep and a beating to finish the season before an even bigger beating next week. 44-6, is now irrelvant you classless clowns.

20. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 8:10 PM

“Vox Veritas…..a dorky, magic card playing virgin. Please, go get laid Vox. You are an enormous nerd:”
    A “nerd”, eh? Man that really hurts.

21. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 8:11 PM

“THANK YOU, BRETT FOR AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING SEASON”
    What does Packer bratwurst taste like, anyway?

22. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 8:12 PM

“Its very hard to beat a NFL team three times in one season.”
    On Fox they said out of 19 opportunities, the team that swept the other team has won the playoff matchup 12 times. Just sayin’.

23. redsquare says: Jan 3, 2010 8:12 PM

Two of the most convincing wins of the season for the Cowboys have been against the Eagles. At home or away, the same result–a calm, cool, collected Cowboys team takes all the air out of the Eagles, leaving them looking flat, lifeless, and helpless.
    The Eagles have really been pumping themselves up these last few weeks, but the calm, organized team has looked way, way better in these two games.
    Say goodnight, Eagles. Not even a field goal?
    Ah, but they’re saving their secret weapon, Michael “Unrepentant Sadistic Dog Torturer” Vick, for next week! We’ll finally find out what they’ve been grooming him all season for! Right, you schmuck Philly fans?

24. Hot_Carl_On_You says: Jan 3, 2010 8:13 PM

Where are the excuses Eagles fans? I mean come on, I’m sure you got something. Why is it just us in here celebrating, lets hear how Andy Reid blew the game so he would know what to expect next week or how your offensive line wasn’t gelling, or someones tweaked hamstring… Huh? Whats that? Nothing but crickets…

25. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 8:14 PM

“Hope Spencer and the other defensive guys see that this week and get payback!”
    Yeah I wouldn’t expect them to pull up on McNabb if they get a chance to hurt him after that bush-league typical Eagirl BS.

26. danielcp0303 says: Jan 3, 2010 8:16 PM

That McNabb fumble and the whiff by Maclin…classic Eagles.

27. Dawkphan says: Jan 3, 2010 8:18 PM

Well that was a Serious ASS Wuppin’ Well played cowboys. I hope that next Week our defense shows up.
    I have to give the cowboys props they came to play and the Eagles didn’t.
    As I said before , I will show up and take my medicine, unlike VOX who goes into hiding after a loss!
    Today the Cowboys owned the Eagles but we’ll see next week.
    The boys kicked our ass today and Earned the NFC EAST Championship , We’ll see you next week, and hopefully it will be a Different outcome!
    GO EAGLES!
    PS: I don’t talk TRASH like Vox , So much for the Ignorant Eagles fans , when I think there is more trash spoken from Cowboys fans ( Not all of them , but a Certain Few) All teams have Trashy fans .

28. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 8:20 PM

“lets hear how Andy Reid blew the game so he would know what to expect next week”
    Idiot Terry Bradshaw said as much after the game.

29. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 3, 2010 8:22 PM

@ sabomin
    They had the same record but Dallas SWEPT the season series winning the tiebreaker

30. calabash says: Jan 3, 2010 8:23 PM

“Thank you, Brett”…????
    Gawd, that was as close to gay as you can get in a football post!

31. MNFANINAZ says: Jan 3, 2010 8:23 PM

Thank you, Dallas!
    Sincerely,
    Viking fans WORLDWIDE!!!
    Vikings = SUPER BOWL HOMEBOY!

32. BigD5RingzsEagzNone says: Jan 3, 2010 8:25 PM

I’ll see your 44-6 and I’ll raise you 24-0. THAT’S RIGHT…The “High powered” Media driven Philly Offense(surely not powered by McNabb)…SHUT OUT.. THAT”S 2 STRAIGHT for DALLAS D and I think an average of about 8 pts. per game allowed over the last 10 games. What did anyone see that makes anyone think that McNabb, Jackson?(blanketed) or the ROOKIE Maclin will do anything about the ass kicking they took? I saw a few passes to Celek, big deal!…He couldn’t save them…Dallas D is BEST in the NFL by far!! Let’s put the chips on the table, roll that Dallas D out and see what happens! Dallas left pts on the field but I’m happy with 24-0 with the Eagles playing for the 2 seed and everything on the line! Dallas D will outclass the “High powered offenses”… They just keep doing it!!!

33. Dawkphan says: Jan 3, 2010 8:25 PM

As usual Vox and the other Classless CLOWNS are taking the low road, Yeah cowboy fans are the classiest in the league!

34. boysroll says: Jan 3, 2010 8:27 PM

beagles are the biggest choke artists and classless org in the league. those punk ass fans deserve this beat down and another one next week. Hell….I might drive my ass up their after the beating next week and kick some beagle ass.
    HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!!!! MAN ITS QUIET OUT THERE TONIGHT BEAGLE FANS.
    SB BABY….I AM FEELING IT.

35. boysroll says: Jan 3, 2010 8:30 PM

DAWKPHAN IS MAD. YOU PROBABLY WERE ONE OF THOSE LOSERS THROWING SNOWBALLS AT THE OPPOSING FANS.
    TALK ABOUT CLASSLESS CLOWNS YOU WIMP. BRING IT ON BUDDY…..YOU GOT NOTHING PAL.
    HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!!!!!

36. MNFANINAZ says: Jan 3, 2010 8:33 PM

Thank you, BRETT FAVRE!!!
    Nothings gonna stop us now!

37. BigD5RingzsEagzNone says: Jan 3, 2010 8:36 PM

We..DALLAS Fans took a beating for the 44-6 game. What’s wrong with talking about the 24-0 beatdown TODAY? Philly D not the same and Dallas D much better than Philly O. Two straight shutouts and holding “High scoring” teams doesn’t happen too much in the NFL…Maybe the old Ravens and Pitt D did it some. I think it’s time that fans look at Dallas D as dominant as those defenses!! Eagles look lost(like other “High powered” offenses) against pressure D, C’mon do you really expect 7 days to cure it? Don’t buy the media machine hyping the Eagles, Saints, or Vikings…Dominant D gets it done!…I’ll take my chance with Dallas!

38. Al D says: Jan 3, 2010 8:36 PM

Nice win for the Boys, but let’s face it ( and this coming from a Boys fan), next week is THE game. If the Boys lose that game, it would be torture beyond words.
    I think the Boys will win it, but I would much rather it have been the Cards or Pack in that first game. Philly will come out swinging hard-

39. slutnuts says: Jan 3, 2010 8:37 PM

dawkphan, are you new here? the cowboys fans have been taking it worse since the 44-6 loss last year. philly fans have been ruthless, and now its their turn to eat some crow.

40. howiseeit says: Jan 3, 2010 8:38 PM

Great win but next game is only a few days away. Blitzes from every angle on Romo (cheap shot btw at the end of the game — expect a fine from the front office on that one Philly) and we still have to be careful about Celek and Jackson. Great game plan by the Cowboys today…need to be even better next week!

41. howiseeit says: Jan 3, 2010 8:38 PM

Dawk – Bitter much?

42. Dawkphan says: Jan 3, 2010 8:46 PM

I Don’t know what happened to my first post but I said the The Cowboys Kicked our Ass, and I
    also said that I am MAN enough to own up to the Beating the the cowboys put on us.
    Well played Cowboys , you deserved the NFC East CHAMPIONSHIP the Boys EARNED it.
    So I’m Bringing it , All teams have their A–hole fans , it’s not exclusive to 1 team! See you Next week.
    PS: I think that your cap lock is stuck, boyroll ( is that what you do for a hobby?)
    WHIMP THIS!
    is Vox going to show up now?

43. Q-in-Memphis says: Jan 3, 2010 8:46 PM

For all of you supposed cowboy fans, enjoy it now. You won a battle, but not the War. What makes it so bad, as horrible as we played today, and as hard as you tried to run the score up, you only amassed 24 points. Shutout true enough, but don’t get content and start smelling yourselves. We’ll be back, oh yeah, we’ll be back!!

44. Dawkphan says: Jan 3, 2010 8:48 PM

Howiseeit, NO

45. redsquare says: Jan 3, 2010 8:51 PM

@Dawkphan – surely you must be joking. This is some of the mildest trash talk you’ll see on PFT. Far from the “low road”. (Go read the handful of comments glad for Wes Welker’s injury if you want to see what that looks like.)
    After listening to repeated refrains of “44-6″ all year long, Cowboys fans have earned their bit of celebration at your team’s expense. The comment above about the Eagles’ failures this year against playoff teams is ringing pretty resoundingly right now.
    All the Eagles have to do to shut up the Cowboys fans is to win next week. Against a team that’s completely dominated them twice this year.
    Vick karma looms.

46. Landry's Ghost says: Jan 3, 2010 8:51 PM

Hey shoeman aka SHEMAN……
    where are you at you philly piece of crap????? Up on the roof ready to jump wearing only one sock is my guess. I hope the fire company can hose you off the chimmeny tonight!!

47. jan van flac says: Jan 3, 2010 8:52 PM

you Dallas homers are going to look pretty stupid if they lose next week.

48. n0hopeleft says: Jan 3, 2010 8:53 PM

Philadelphia Eagles:
    Choke artists of the CENTURY!
    8 Playoff Appearances this decade -
    you will have NOTHING to show for any of them!!!!

49. kolbfan says: Jan 3, 2010 8:54 PM

Yea, yea, yea, Superbowls. We get it. Knew it would be an interesting week in Dallas. It wasn’t that one main thing killed us. It was just all the small things that added up to crappy game. Did Reid possibly lose this game on purpose? I would hope not. I wish they would use Vick more often though or even ran the ball for that matter. Ten total rushes? Mccoy 1ra? Weaver 1ra? The defense was pretty terrible which mainly highlighted how crappy our lb’s are and how asante loves to try and play the ball and not focus on the tackle. I could go on, but the game is over with. Time to think about next week.

50. stevemcguigan says: Jan 3, 2010 8:58 PM

To be honest, I’ve felt deep down the entire time that the loser of this game will win next week. Vox agreed. While I am sorry the Eagles lost (more so than the Cowboys winning), I think next week is the real matchup, and while it won’t be a blow-out like 44-6 or 24-0, the Birds will come away with the win. Good on Romo and Co. for shaking the stigma of not winning a big game, because as far as establishing momentum goes, this was about as big as they come.
    See you next week, jerks!

51. BigD5RingzsEagzNone says: Jan 3, 2010 8:58 PM

Dallas better in all phases head to head..Their penalties kept them from scoring 35 plus….There’s no real gameplan for speed, rush and blanketed wide receivers. Sustaining drives is a great way to score…Good luck Eagles..Dallas=Team no one wants to play. WHEN they kick McNabb’s innaccurate, clueless, helpless butt to the curb then Dallas can move on to Favre. Dallas D does not play the Giant’s “pack it in, I wanna go home” scheme. They’ll play hard like the Cardinals and Bears did Vikings fans. Dallas is business like, much as Giants and Steelers recent Championship teams…Coincidentally, Their teams started with dominant defense and pass rush also? Get the feeling that Dallas is tired of hearing all the BS and ready to roll through the NFC!

52. Dawkphan says: Jan 3, 2010 9:03 PM

If anyone doubts my previuos statement about earning up chech the earlier post “Cowboys cruising Early” and check the time that it was posted, I just want you to know that I’m not like your homeboy Vox , I actually show up after a loss and give props where they are deserved.

53. DJSlyBri says: Jan 3, 2010 9:03 PM

Congratulations to the Cowboys, who just got the equivalent of a year’s supply of Turtle Wax for winning that game. If anyone here thinks that what happened today is an indicator of what will happen next week, then all I can do is welcome you to the life of a football fan because it is obvious you have no concept of how the NFC East works and you are new to football.

54. boysroll says: Jan 3, 2010 9:03 PM

SHUT UP DAWKPHAN. YOU ARE THE TYPICAL PUNK ASS THUG THROWING SNOWBALLING FAN THAT GIVES THE BEAGLES A BAD NAME.
    YOU GOT YOUR ASSES KICKED AND ROMO AND COMPANY KICKED YOUR ASSES. ACCEPT YOUR BEATING LIKE A MAN AND GO TO BED WIMP. SPELL THAT RIGHT NEXT TIME TOO PAL.
    YOU GUYS HAVE NOT WON ANYTHING FOR A COUPLE OF DECADES AND ARE THE CHOKE ARTISTS IN THE LEAGUE SO ENOUGH OF YOUR GARBAGE TALK. WIN A BIG GAME FOR ONCE AND YOU CAN TALK TRASH.
    HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!!!!!

55. zeke777 says: Jan 3, 2010 9:08 PM

Let me remind all you dopey Dallas fans that 44-6 knocked your asses out of the playoffs. While the Cowboys did put a 21-0 whooping on the Eagles, at least the Eagles still made it in.
    I’ve lost all confidence in this team while it’s led by Reid and McNabb. However, don’t count them out. Next week is a classic playoff trap.

56. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 9:09 PM

“PS: I don’t talk TRASH like Vox”
    You couldn’t talk trash like me on your best day anyway. However, you are a pretty decent liar.
    “He did not say Self ” NAMED” Americas team ” – you
    “Vox is still an ASS!!!” – you
    “The cowboys fans should be happy that Jerry gave them new 3D glasses . He was trying to draw the attention away from the field where the game was being played, this way they at least got to see something entertaining !” – you
    “I can’t believe that Giants fans are still CRYING it’s Tuesday already, don’t you have a game this weekend to worry about?” – you
    “But then again you were probably blinded with anger after bieng SWEPT THIS YEAR by the EAGLES !” – you
    “I think he would be better in NY since you want to keep all the trash in one place , he could bunk with Plaxico and Peirce.” – you
    I could provide dozens more examples if you need them.

57. BigD5RingzsEagzNone says: Jan 3, 2010 9:10 PM

Run it up? That’s how bad the beating was! Without the penalties etc, Dallas scores 35 or more. I think Dallas wanted the shutout and got it. How many times can the “High Powered Media Driven Eagles” have the ball and fail? I predict that Dallas opens the offense even more and the Eagles get even more frustrated after another scoreless 1st quarter(Dallas D allowed 27 TOTAL pts in 1st quarter over 16 games)…Bring on the “High powered/octane”, whatever you want to call it. Dallas just keeps shutting them down. Dallas 31 Eagles 7 (Late pick from Kitna while Romo and TEAM are high fiving and celebrating as time burns off) Same dumb look from Mcnabb.

58. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 9:12 PM

“For all of you supposed cowboy fans, enjoy it now. You won a battle, but not the War. What makes it so bad, as horrible as we played today, and as hard as you tried to run the score up, you only amassed 24 points.”
    Are you serious? LOL The Eagirls are lucky that the Cowboys went into eat the clock mode in the 3rd quarter.

59. stnmmc says: Jan 3, 2010 9:18 PM

nothing says I’m a winner like typing a post in all caps.
    GO YOU!!!!!!!

60. 5RINGS says: Jan 3, 2010 9:19 PM

RE : Q in memphis
    I think the kerosene fumes in your trailer must be getting to you ……. NEVER once did we try to run the score up on the egirls, we simply went to ball controll football, i know that you may not understand it , but that is what TEAMS do in order to protect a lead, in having an unconventional coaching system in philthy i know you might not get it ! granted, we did leave a few on the field…. but in no way running it up !
    just sound text book football,
    GO BOYS

61. itwasn'tme says: Jan 3, 2010 9:19 PM

There is a big difference between a 44-6 game that sent one team home and another to the playoffs. The 24-0 did nothing but make the Eagles travel back to Dallas for the wild card. Now if the Cowboys win next week in a blow out that sends the Eagles home and the Cowboys on to the next round then the score would mean something. If the Eagles win next week, tonights game means nothing.

62. Dawkphan says: Jan 3, 2010 9:25 PM

Well I have 1 thing going for me, I’m not a GIANTS FAN!

63. Cowboysmitty9 says: Jan 3, 2010 9:30 PM

Man what a GAME!!! I’ve been saying all year that we could do it and win the division and make it to the Playoffs! No one wanted to believe me but check it out now! “Dallas Cowboys” NFC East Champions! Eagles fans you can no longer say 44-6. But hey just so ya know……………….24-0:)

64. dlew2191 says: Jan 3, 2010 9:32 PM

Vox can you count?
    “Big game (?) against an opponent that got fat on weaker teams. The Eagirls played four games against playoff teams this season and lost every one, losing by 12 points or more in three of them.
    Saints 48-22
    Chargers 31-23
    Cowboys 20-16 and 24-0″
    Let’s see…
    48-22 = 26
    31-23 = 8
    20-16 = 4
    24 – 0 = 24
    Therefore, your statement is FALSE.
    Also 44-6 = 38
    24 – 0 = 24
    38 > 24

65. Hooby says: Jan 3, 2010 9:41 PM

@dogman04: theyre birds, nice try tho
    @danielcp0303: getting all hyped up and going one-and-done, classic cowboys
    @howiseeit: thank you for being an intelligent fan
    i remember the last time the cowboys won the nfc east and clinched a first round bye. do you? they had upwards of 10 probowlers and were superbowl favorites. and then…you know. i respect the cowboys for the defense they played today (against a backup oline) and the way they scored against us. it really humbled us, and i admit it was humiliating. but we did pretty much the same thing last year, and now were even in that category. the category that were still way ahead of you in is playoff wins since 2000. the score is 10-0 us. thats the shutout that really matters. and you can say that the superbowl score is 5-0 you, and youd be right, except nobody remembers that. all they remember is that the cowboys dont win playoff games anymore.
    if anyone posts a reply to this, please make it intelligent. the word ‘eagirls’ or ‘beagles’ isnt that funny

66. spanky2525 says: Jan 3, 2010 9:42 PM

Now go get into your LARP gear dork……Lightning Bolt!!!!!

67. Q-in-Memphis says: Jan 3, 2010 9:43 PM

Tell that shit to someone else Vox and 5rings. Eat the clock mode is simply handing it off on every possession & we all know that wasn’t the case until the final possession with a minute or so on the clock! You brought Romo back in after he got his bell rung to desperately try and add more. Let’s see if you can do that to us when we actually do get going. We sucked today enough, but Cowboys of all people should know it’s gone be hell to pay for next week.

68. Q-in-Memphis says: Jan 3, 2010 9:46 PM

Vox a loser like you would relish the 20-16 victory in which the refs gave you (i.e. Donovans first down run). Enjoy it we’d rather advance, we understand you guys have gotten all your seeking in a NFC East Championship and Playoff birth!

69. ryancl05 says: Jan 3, 2010 9:49 PM

You retard Dallas fans if think you are gonna win next week think AGAIN! Eagles only brought six blitzes. They didnt wanna show their whole defense. We will see if the all of the Dallas recievers throw their hands up on ever pass like they did tonight. Good luck Dall ass Cow Bitches!

70. TRAMO says: Jan 3, 2010 9:54 PM

The thing about it is we had to beat the eagles and the refs ,they ignored the holding by the eagles the whole game ,then toward the end they ignored cheap late hits on ROMO. I guess since philly is the more political correct team,the comish told the refs to go easy on them

71. the Shoeman says: Jan 3, 2010 9:57 PM

Landry’s Ghost says:
    January 3, 2010 8:51 PM
    Hey shoeman aka SHEMAN……
    *******************************************
    geez …
    No .. I am here.
    Watching Jets/Bengals game.
    Good game by the Boys today ..
    Congrats on winning the NFC East.
    They played their “A-Game” and looked good doing it .. but,,take it easy dude … nothing happend yet.
    but it’s just the end of the season …
    It really doesn’t change anything.
    All you did was “kiss your sister”!
    maybe you got excited ..
    but it don’t-mean-a-thing!
    The Birds looked like crap and the Boys still haven’t won a play-off game in ?..well you know.
    The season starts next week ..
    I expect a much different game,from both sides.
    from here on out its 1 and done .. so, I will wait for the “smack” next week.
    So ,, enjoy your success while you can .. starting next week,someones team will never be the same again.

72. mikedog69 says: Jan 3, 2010 9:58 PM

A lot of smack talking on here for a team that hasn’t won a playoff game since the 90′s. You might want to stow that or you might eat crow next week. Any given Sunday. I’m from Chicago, so I could care less about either team, but would much rather see the Eagles move forward than the Cowgirls. That team is just annoying, with their gay blue and white uniforms, and the camera constantly looking at botox boy JJ in the booth. The camera is on him more than the game. Can’t imagine these clowns going all the way. JJ would need a channel all to himself so the twisted Cowgirl fans could watch him through the whole game.

73. howiseeit says: Jan 3, 2010 9:59 PM

Dawk –
    I gotta give it to you. You may be the only Eagle fan posting tonight. I agree with one of the other posters — next week is huge. One and done would be the worst. I, for one, am hoping for a three-sweep.

74. howiseeit says: Jan 3, 2010 10:09 PM

Mike — In case you haven’t been on this website before, talking smack is the number one thing that happens on PFT. And none do it better than the Boys and the Eagles. You gotta have the hatred to make it real good and these two certainly have it. So, maybe in your division it’s a little tamer than in the NFC BEast…such a shame.

75. cowboys1 says: Jan 3, 2010 10:18 PM

HOW ‘BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!
    I dont think the eagles can score on this D. ever

76. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:22 PM

“you Dallas homers are going to look pretty stupid if they lose next week.”
    You Eagirl idiots will look pretty stupid if the sun rises tomorrow.

77. Stinemonster says: Jan 3, 2010 10:23 PM

@MNFANINAZ
    You like Favre a little too much. They are going to stick you on stocker watch.

78. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:23 PM

“I could care less about either team, but would much rather see the Eagles move forward than the Cowgirls.”
    Thanks, I was wondering which team you favor.

79. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:25 PM

“Vox a loser like you would relish the 20-16 victory in which the refs gave you”
    Phildo, lend this chick your hanky please.

80. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:26 PM

“There is a big difference between a 44-6 game that sent one team home and another to the playoffs.”
    Maybe you can tell yourself that tonight as you cry softly into your pillow.

81. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:28 PM

“I just want you to know that I’m not like your homeboy Vox”
    Part of the reason that you’re not like me is that you lie. Don’t forget about that part.

82. Stinemonster says: Jan 3, 2010 10:29 PM

Dallas won their first game of the new decade and the Eagles got shut out in their first game of the decade. Dallas didn’t just win the first game over the Eagles but they slapped the Eagles around and took the division out of their hands.
    If we win next week I will eat almost every word I spoke against Phillips.

83. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:29 PM

“the category that were still way ahead of you in is playoff wins since 2000.”
    That sure helped this season, didn’t it? SWEEP.

84. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:30 PM

“Congratulations to the Cowboys, who just got the equivalent of a year’s supply of Turtle Wax for winning that game.”
    And their 20th division championship. And a home playoff game.

85. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:32 PM

“Let me remind all you dopey Dallas fans that 44-6 knocked your asses out of the playoffs.”
    Let me remind you that the Eagirls have won jack-shit of real consequence in your entire life.

86. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:38 PM

“i remember the last time the cowboys won the nfc east and clinched a first round bye. do you?”
    Do you remember the last time the Eagirls won the Super Bowl?
    “i respect the cowboys for the defense they played today (against a backup oline)”
    And a backup defense. Well, backups if they were on any other team.
    “you can say that the superbowl score is 5-0 you, and youd be right, except nobody remembers that.”
    You obviously do. Eagirl fans continue to prove themselves to be the dumbest animals on the planet.
    “win a playoff game and then youll have the upper hand. not by a lot though.”
    Yeah, I sure wish the Cowboys had no Super Bowl trophies, a losing overall record, a losing head-to-head record, more than a dozen fewer playoff wins and a playoff record that hovers around .500 just like the Eagirls!

87. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:39 PM

“Eat the clock mode is simply handing it off on every possession”
    Go away, the men are talking.

88. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:40 PM

“win a playoff game and then youll have the upper hand. not by a lot though. and to do that youll have to beat the eagles for the third time in a season. and that rarely happens.”
    Actually it’s happened 12 out of 19 times.

89. Al D says: Jan 3, 2010 10:40 PM

# ryancl05 says: January 3, 2010 9:49 PM
    Now THIS sounds like a true Eagles supporter- good luck with that remedial English class!

90. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:41 PM

“Vox don’t you have a magic card game or a dungeon and dragons convention to attend? Lord knows you don’t have any pussy waiting for you.”
    I’ve got you waiting for me, don’t I?
    “You are just excited because the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game you actually saw a naked woman….and you paid for it.”
    That reminds me, your mom owes me $5 change.

91. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 3, 2010 10:43 PM

“Eagles only brought six blitzes.”
    Yeah, the coaching over there is tragic. Andy Reid outcoached by Wade Phillips yet again, whodathunkit?

92. Hooby says: Jan 3, 2010 10:43 PM

@cowboys1: they already have. and odds are they will next week.

93. BigD5RingzsEagzNone says: Jan 3, 2010 10:44 PM

Hmm? If Dallas had gone to Philly and been shut out with no results from anything they tried (all deep balls contested), I wouldn’t be too confident going back the following week. Playoff experience makes no difference when Philly can’t beat playoff teams this year anyway? Especially when the Dallas defense simply outclasses Philly. Dallas offense is efficient and all business. Philly fans, losing a close game would have been much better for confidence as opposed to having no answers to anything. Dallas has 8 quarters of shutout ball, coincidence? Against the “won six straight averaging 30+/game Eagles”? Dallas has the answer to Philly, it’s time that Philly starts by scoring . Dallas offense will only get better and Philly fans can keep holding your breath when Romo sets to throw…He’s more likely gonna make another play on your defense!!

94. BigD5RingzsEagzNone says: Jan 3, 2010 10:50 PM

95. Stinemonster says: Jan 3, 2010 10:58 PM

Al D says:
    ==================
    I would rather us play Philly than the Packers. I think the Packers are much stronger team right now than what Philly is.
    Philly had the Division and a Bi-week which may have stopped them from having to play the Cowboys a 3rd time and they didn’t just blow it but the got shut down.

96. Stinemonster says: Jan 3, 2010 11:11 PM

jan van flac says:
    you Dallas homers are going to look pretty stupid if they lose next week.

97. andy reid's belt says: Jan 3, 2010 11:13 PM

Hey ryanclo5…..why would Chokeadelphia hold anything back if they had a chance for a first round bye you jackazz? You know as well as everyone else that Chokeadelphia took their best shot today.Perhaps the eagirls where overwhelmed by playing in a real stadium vs their high school field. However, I must give Chunky soup boy his props by not puking today in the huddle even though he did look like Eli a few times. Philly’s annual choke has already begun

98. Stinemonster says: Jan 3, 2010 11:14 PM

Hooby says:
    …one thing i forgot to mention…if youre americas team, why is it that everyone in america besides other cowboys fans hate you
    ========
    Not everyone. Just you few jealous fools whose team can’t win the big game.

99. Landry's Ghost says: Jan 3, 2010 11:19 PM

See you next week sheman…….

100. Favre On HGH says: Jan 3, 2010 11:26 PM

Did Reid possibly lose this game on purpose?
    ——
    They win they get a 1st round bye. No one passes up that chance.
    Eagles lost to every playoff team they faced this year, not a promising stat.

101. andy reid's belt says: Jan 4, 2010 12:54 AM

This just in from FOX Sports…..Jumbotron at Cowboys Stadium did not fail today as previously reported….Fox cameraman accidentally took a wide angle shot of Andy Reid’s ass

102. mustbechris says: Jan 4, 2010 1:19 AM

i have another number for you: “1996″
    and a phrase to go with it: “maybe next year, cowboys fans.”

103. Dawkphan says: Jan 4, 2010 7:29 AM

VoxVeritas says: You couldn’t talk trash like me on your best day anyway.
    I could fill a couple of pages of your shit spewing with just taking the Lowlights from one post.
    As I said before, I show up to face the music after a bad loss unlike YOU who goes into the “Witless protection program” after a loss so you ?STILL have no Credibility

104. Dawkphan says: Jan 4, 2010 7:40 AM

VoxVeritas says:
    “Vox is still an ASS!!!” – you
    I Still stand by that Statement!

105. csmith56 says: Jan 4, 2010 8:13 AM

Hey Cowboys fans: You are reacting like the game was a playoff game! Jesus Christ – it was a regular season game. We’ll see next week.
    1996 anybody?
    What bothers me the most is the trashy Cowgirls fans that call Eagles fans scum. Look at this message board. You pieces of crap are hypocritical assclowns.

106. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 4, 2010 8:34 AM

“one thing i forgot to mention…if youre americas team, why is it that everyone in america besides other cowboys fans hate you”
    Because they don’t like it when the Cowboys kick their team’s asses as often as they have.

107. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 4, 2010 8:36 AM

“Exactly my point, how many months of posts did you have to go through to find all of that Trash Talk ? plus most of them were about the giants.”
    Just admit that you’re a liar and move on.

108. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 4, 2010 8:38 AM

“What bothers me the most is the trashy Cowgirls fans that call Eagles fans scum.”
    It doesn’t bother me that lowbrow Eagirl fans call Cowboy fans trashy. You wanna see real trash? Go check out everybody in that Novacare Complex thing.
    24-0. And 20-16. In Philly.

109. DarkBrownBro says: Jan 4, 2010 9:49 AM

csmith56 says:
    January 4, 2010 8:13 AM
    1996 anybody?
    AN EAGLE FAN ASKING ABOUT 1996???
    HOW BOUT REMEMBERING THE EAGLES LAST SUPERBOWL WIN….. OH NEVER MIND MY BAD!!!!!
    FOOL

110. csmith56 says: Jan 4, 2010 10:03 AM

Maybe I can check out the Novacare Complex thing wearing my 3-D glasses, courtesy of Jerry Jones.
    Vox, you are a tool.

111. csmith56 says: Jan 4, 2010 10:12 AM

A typical response from an uninformed football “fan.”
    The Eagles do have 3 NFL Championships. Did you know that? Probaly not genius.
    Let me help you with the next response:
    “But that was so long ago…”
    So were the Super Bowls nut gobbler.
    Haha, I win.

112. redsquare says: Jan 4, 2010 12:20 PM

@csmith56:
    Eagles = zero Super Bowls.
    Every other NFC East team = at least 3 Super Bowls each.
    Last Eagles championship of any kind (pre-Super Bowl era) = 50 years ago.
    You lose.

113. Whiterhino says: Jan 4, 2010 5:35 PM

# spanky2525 says: January 3, 2010 7:49 PM
    ——————-
    Then Vox tries to act like he’s not bothered by it!
    Remember when he threatened to SUE PFT and some poster because they kept telling people to Google Vox’s handle?
    I mean, that would make us all think he was a giant pussy – you know, if he didn’t HIDE FOR A MONTH after the Cowboys choked in the elimination game last year.