Packers rolling over the Cardinals

In the penultimate week of the preseason, the Packers went to Arizona and outscored the Cardinals in the first two quarters, 38-10.

In the final week of the regular season, Green Bay is back at University of Phoenix Stadium, and the home team once again is mailing it in.

The Packers lead at intermission, 26-0.

Last time around, Matt Leinart had a big performance in the second half to nearly pull out the win.  This time around, he’ll need to reverse a two-interception performance in the first half if he hopes to dig the Cardinals out of their current hole.

The Packers will get a chance to win three times in Arizona this year next weekend; they’re on track for a return to the desert in the wild-card round.

84 responses to “Packers rolling over the Cardinals

1. “Pervy_Harvin says: January 3, 2010 5:49 PM
    Enjoy the victory over the scrub team. Won’t be that next week!”
    Yes, you guys also proved your mettle against a team that laid down like dogs..bravo…

2. @ Pervy: You should talk. Nice win in a “glorified scrimmage” against a team that can’t play defense.

3. *this season
    they won once in 2009, are on track to win another in 2010
    and may do so again next week in 2010

4. Pervy- you too brotha. At least we are smokeing a playoff team.
    Didn’t you guys win your second game since thanksgiving today. Awesome job. ( note the sarcasm.)

5. Vikings fans to csaber2007: But we do, Thanks Ted Thompson for the 2nd seed and the first round bye!

6. The cards are rolling over just like how favre rolled over for Michael Strahan a few years back

7. @charisma
    That’s great, you know, tell me again how one player wins it all? Oh wait, they don’t. Call me when this so-called #1 defense plugs its gaps in the line.

8. Note packer fans: Much like your vaunted preseason games, playing against arizona’s backups doesn’t mean didly. On the brightside the packer players will have a fantastic view of the vikings march to Miami from their couches after next weekend.

9. “Vikings fans to csaber2007: But we do, Thanks Ted Thompson for the 2nd seed and the first round bye!”
    I believe Brent was released by the Jets, after “retiring” again this offseason…but nice try there FoF.

10. Pervy_Harvin says:
    January 3, 2010 5:49 PM
    Enjoy the victory over the scrub team. Won’t be that next week!
    ————————–
    You’re absolutely right. The Packers were having their asses handed to them when Kurt Warner was in the game. It was 14-0 when he went out.
    Go drink some more purple kool-aid, Pervis.

11. MN football watchers are idiots.
    GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!
    knowledgeless, if that’s a word, that best describes them.

12. What kind of celebration was that Rodgers did after rushing for a TD. He looks like he wanted someone to give him oral. It doesn’t suprise me, he looks like a homo.

13. “AR12isBetter says: January 3, 2010 6:24 PM
    MN football watchers are idiots.
    GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!
    knowledgeless, if that’s a word, that best describes them.”
    They’re just dumb, plain and simple. They’ve never won ANYTHING, so they think because throw out all their childish little taunts and support a guy they hated for years and years just because he wears purple, now they think they’re “cool” now.

14. Oh man leave it to Pervy to make toolish comments, you’re such an idiot. Vikes one and done comming up…

15. Bunch of jealous viking fans up in here, keep making yourselves look stupid you “Lombardi” non winning trophy jaggoffs. Yes isnt it funny, the damn trophy is named after a Packer, LOL. Packers have 3, Steelers 5 and Vikes 0…… Suck it Harvo and your Lorin park pokin chokers.

16. Fan of Football says:
    January 3, 2010 6:01 PM
    ————————————————–
    A-Rod threw for more yards then Brent ever did, and less Int’s then Brent ever did. But your right he sucks. Step back in to your ice shanty and smoke some more tree you tool!

17. Rodgers 2nd season as starter – 30 tds 7 ints
    Packers record 11-5
    Favre 2nd season as starter- 19 tds 24 ints
    Packers record 9-7, with playoff win at Det on great throw by Brett to Sharpe.

18. The people of Minneapolis should first learn how to build a bridge correctly, then watch football.

19. @ Pervy:
    the queens may be unstoppable at home; until they will actually have to play a good team! Maybe they’ll have better luck in their new home, LA! Do you think you’ll be able to sell out a playoff game this year? Or will the PLAYOFF GAME be blacked out until the tv station is forced to buy the remaining tickets just like last year? PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON’T EVEN DESERVE AN NFL FRANCHISE!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s why they are on NFL welfare!! I can’t believe the Pack has to give up some of their profits to support a team with this $hitty of a fan base!! Especially when the owner is a billionaire!!! I can’t wait till I get to vote on their next stadium bid. BIG FAT NO!!!!

20. # FootballPhil says: January 3, 2010 7:03 PM
    I lost a relative in that disaster.
    Hope you rot in He!! for that post.

21. FootballPhil
    Hey asshole you think thats funny. I had an aunt get killed in that. I am not a Vikings fan, but damn I have never seen so many aholes in my life.

22. Pervy_Harvin says:
    January 3, 2010 6:43 PM
    Don’t it suck guys? To know that Vikings are unstoppable at home. Give up already.
    ————————–
    There’s a big difference between unstoppable and unbeaten. A few weeks ago both Indy and New Orleans were unbeaten. Were they unstoppable?

23. I find it alarming that out of the 13 people that died in that bridge collapse, 2 out of the 10 regular Viking posters ‘lost relatives’.
    It’s easy to make stuff up on the Internet to try and prove a point.
    Let’s get over it, the Packers won.

24. @Bones and Perry Mason:
    Are you related? Only 13 people died in that collapse. Statistically speaking, it would be a fairly big coincidence if two relatives of the bridge collapse victims happened to be on this site within 20 minutes of any particular comment.

25. FootballPhill
    I suppose I should say that all packer fans are idiots for such a classless remark. After all you guys put all Vikes fans in one class for the idiots that speak there crap because they dont have a brain. It is amazing to read the lack of intelligence or maturity on this website . And to the people that lost a loved one in the bridge collapse you have my condolence and I am sorry that there are people like this in the world.
    Congrats to both the Vikes and Pack for strong showings today . I think that any team in the NFC could come out on top but I hope the Vikes can finally bring something home besides disappointment.

26. Jealous Viking fans?? LOL Certainly not jealous of the Packers,we kicked your asses twice!
    Wow,the bridge comment had to be a Packer fan right? Most classless thing ever on PFT.

27. I hope the guy who made the bridge comment isn’t a Packer fan. What a tool.
    Sure looked to me that the Arizona first team offense was having a little trouble against a Packer D that called a pretty conservative game. I think they blitzed more in that preseason game.

28. if any of you think the cardinals gave the packers all they had then i want some of what you’re smoking
    “AR12isBetter says: January 3, 2010 6:24 PM
    MN football watchers are idiots.
    knowledgeless, if that’s a word, that best describes them. ”
    -this from someone that can barely put a sentence together…
    “# FootballPhil says: January 3, 2010 7:03 PM
    -stay classy douchebag…be glad you’re safely anonymous behind your computer

29. “Note packer fans: Much like your vaunted preseason games, playing against arizona’s backups doesn’t mean didly.”
    I can see you are jealous that the Packers actually pummeled the Cardinals unlike the Vikings.
    The Packers dismantled the Cardinals even with the starters in there.

30. “Note packer fans: Much like your vaunted preseason games, playing against arizona’s backups doesn’t mean didly.”
    The Packers dismantled the Cardinals even with the starters in there.

31. Bones22… Rodgers celebration was the “Champs Belt”. But I suppose it takes a fag to spot a fag, you “asshat”. Wait a second… have I ever known you to discuss football? BTW… I’m glad your ficticious aunt died in the bridge accident. Gives you one less excuse when you’re caught talking to yourself on the short bus. The pinch of credibility you once had just got flushed.
    Pervy… nice win against NY Girlscout Troop 2009. I bet you have false hope now. YAAY!!

32. Good lord some of you packer fans are embarrassing!! Arod had a great season but he’s no BF. And no matter how much shit you guys talk, it doesn’t change the fact that the vikes are the number two seed, division champs and BF had his best season ever! Why don’t a few of you show some class (for once) and give it up for the first 40 year old qb to ever start a playoff game and (hopefully) win mvp. 33td’s and 7 int’s demands respect.

33. Typical Viking fans raiding a packer post sounding like assholes. But when packer fans make one comment on their Viking posts, they get all upset over it. It works both ways retards.
    Gotta love how Viking fans keep hoping and saying the Packers will lose in the first round. They just don’t wanna see the hottest team in the NFC right now. Like all of these analysts have been saying on tv all day, its not easy beating a team three times in one year.
    Your defense is a shell of itself from earlier this year. Your #1 cornerback sucks. Your safety’s can’t cover a tight end. Your run defense isn’t what it once was. Your #1 linebacker has a noodle for a leg now. Kevin Williams is just about washed up. Jared Allen barely got sacks in the other 14 games he’s played in this year(hence why he doesn’t deserve defensive MVP). Am I missing anything else?
    The Packers offensive line has much improved since those two embarrassing showings against the Vikings. Jermichael Finley will be torching your weak secondary all day long if we play you again. AP will once again fail to run against our #1 ranked run defense. That, or he’ll find ways to fumble the ball away like he always does. Favre will fold under pressure, just like he always has over the last ten years of his playoff history. He knows this game will matter more than those other two ever will. He wins or goes home. He’s the biggest choker in the playoffs, and I’m glad he’s on your team. No fans deserve it more than you punks.
    And by the way, damn that Ted Thompson for building this team. He builds a playoff team for today and the future and yet douchbags like “Fan of Football” can’t accept the fact that he knows what he’s doing.
    Enjoy these two division crowns Viking fans. Its coming back home to Green Bay next year and years to come. We’re built for the future. You’re built for this year. I like our chances.

34. “Good lord some of you packer fans are embarrassing!! Arod had a great season but he’s no BF. And no matter how much shit you guys talk, it doesn’t change the fact that the vikes are the number two seed, division champs and BF had his best season ever!”
    Oh jeebus, where to begin…you’re right, Arod is no BF, since he’s not trying to be the diva running rough-shod over the coach (Earth to you morons, Brent wanted out of Green Bay because McCarthy didn’t put up with his crap, not Ted Thompson who is convenient target for the dullards and Favre jihadists).
    Second, if ANYONE needs to pipe down it’s you Vikings fans…WIN something for once rather than choking when it counts, mmkay?
    And finally, #4 had his best seasons in 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001 and 2007, not just 2009.

35. Bones22 says:
    January 3, 2010 6:41 PM
    ——————————–
    It takes a homo to know a homo. You must have your gaydar on.
    By the way, Rodgers’ girlfriend is hotter than any girl you’ll ever jerk off to.
    Grow up loser.

36. packers4life:
    Arizona pulled their Defensive starters after the first series, dumbass. Nice win though.
    Chuck Woodson:
    You are a complete disgrace to the human race.
    Emoney:
    If you have all the answers, why aren’t you a tv analyst or in a front office position with an NFL team? It might look like the packers are built for the future on paper but until it happens shut your pie whole.

37. Chuck Woodson
    My father died of pancreatic cancer too, you want say something about that too. I guess I made that up too right. I would give you my aunts name, but there is no need to, its none of your business. I don’t have to explain myself to probably some white trash piece of shit like yourself. I like your comment you have never known me to discuss football. Hey you dumb fu*k I have been on this site for about a month. You act like I am on everying board on this site. The bottomline is you have no class. I am not a Viking fan, but I really can’t wait until the Packers lose, but I am sure you and the other packer touch holes will have some excuse.

38. I respect Brett Favre a great deal but look at his stats this season off play action – they are unbelievable. They showed it briefly on Sunday Night Football last week. As an intelligent football fan, why do you think that is? Adrian Peterson has not been as dominant this season but you don’t think that defensive coordinators for most of this season game planned to slow him down & that defenses don’t still fear him more than just about any back in the NFL?
    On the other hand Aaron Rodgers played the first half of this season with Allan Barbre at RT and a gimpy Clifton at LT. Daryn Colledge and TJ Lang started at LT for the 2 Vikings games and Rodgers was abused. Rodgers also does not have the same level of threat in the backfield as Favre does. Teams aim to stop the Packers passing game, than the running game. Minnesota it’s the other way around.
    Aaron Rodgers will never duplicate Favre’s records in every category except maybe completion percentage & less int’s. But Packers fans should be very encouraged that they have potentially a top 5 QB in the next few years that could do even more damage if they strengthen the OLine and find a dangerous WR to replace the aging Donald Driver. And just maybe Rodgers will 1 day duplicate Favre in the only category that matters Super Bowl trophies in the Packers Hall of Fame – 1.

39. Emoney
    Are you that of a low life that you actually know what Rodgers girlfriend looks like. He is a goofy looking bastard, but I guess when you make millions it makes a difference.

40. pkrlvr-
    get your head out of your ass. I lost all respect for Brett Favre after he started to show his true colors and that pretty much started the second the Pack drafted AR and BF refused to help him learn the ropes. He was a jerk then and he is a jerk now. And this is coming from a diehard BF fan(formerly). I hope he gets his ass handed to him by Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs and decides to hang it up after that. The only people that like him anymore are fake packer fans and fake Viking fans(those the only kind). Aaron Rodgers is twice the teammate Brett ever was and it shows. Brett will have one lonley retirement after he faces the fact that he really is a dickface. That’s probably why he can’t retire because he knows that this is really all he has left. Go A-Rod!!!! You deserve it so much more than dickface Brett does!!!

41. “The people of Minneapolis should first learn how to build a bridge correctly, then watch football.”
    Two things about that comment:
    1. WOW, talk about poor taste.
    2. I probably shouldn’t be laughing as hard as I am.

42. “Rodgers also does not have the same level of threat in the backfield as Favre does.”
    Well, Ryan Grant only gained 138 yards less than Peterson and scored 11 TD’s to 15 by AP…I’d say he’s as credible a backfield threat as Edgar Bennett or Dorsey Levens in their prime years. Ahman Green was on a different level a few years, but ol’ #4 was more worried about playing puppet master with Mike Sherman during those years.

43. I love all the haters, the pack are going into the playoffs 7-1 in the last 8, and charles is the greatest.

44. ACDC84 says:
    Two things about that comment:
    1. WOW, talk about poor taste.
    2. I probably shouldn’t be laughing as hard as I am.
    ____________________________________
    Those were my thoughts exactly. In a way, they better hope they DON’T get a new stadium. A lot of people could get hurt or worse if that thing is next to collapse..
    Shalhoub66 says:
    I love all the haters, the pack are going into the playoffs 7-1 in the last 8..
    ____________________________________
    Lest we forget, if not for some typically pathetic Pittsburgh officiating, WE would have taken the division, and Minnesota would be on the outside looking in.
    After having swept the Pack, the Vikings are still the better team until proven otherwise. I’d love nothing more than to get another shot at them though. Packers are on a roll right now.

45. It is hard to believe how many hyprocrite Viking fans are on this site. Well actually come to think of it, no I am not surprised. You idiots go prancing around saying the Packers beat a lousy Cardinal team who didn’t play many of their starters. But when the Vikings beat the Giants, they chump their chests thinking they beat a playoff team.
    Also, why are you morons up this late? Don’t you have school tomorrow now that Christmas break is over?

46. RWFV says:
    January 3, 2010 8:54 PM
    ————————————-
    Google it retard. I’ve heard about her on ESPN and local radio. I suppose all of them are low life’s too. At least I’m not online commenting about how other men look, when the topic should be about football. But you must like that, right? Does Rodgers turn you on RWFV? Do you have a secret little crush on him? Why don’t you just come out of the closet and let your parents and the rest of the world know what you really are? You probably only watch football so that you can see all of those guys in their tights.

47. csaber2007 says:
    January 3, 2010 9:42 PM
    =========================
    Um, Peterson had 18 touchdowns….but that doesn’t make grant look quite as good…does it?

48. RWFV says:
    January 3, 2010 8:54 PM
    Emoney:
    ——————————————
    I wouldn’t say I have all of the answers, but I think logically. I’m a realist. Not some idiot living in a fantasy world who thinks that because my team got the #2 seed who can’t win on the road, that they’re world beaters. The Vikings believe it or not, are not unbeatable. Everybody trips once in a while. Your team has a lot of holes and it’ll only get worse next year when your “lord and savior” retires on you again.
    Great win against a Giants team who probably should of just forfeited yesterday’s game.

49. rudedog36 says:
    January 4, 2010 6:53 AM
    Why get so upset with pervy? This kid is 10 years old and you let him into your head.
    ————————————————–
    That’s why I was with your mom last night idiot?? 10 my ass.
    Pervy prediction: Packers lose in Arizona for Rodgers can’t handle the pressure of big time ball,playoffs. Warner will shine.
    Dallas will beat the Eagles again and come face the Vikings. And we all know what happens when you come to our house- we are 8-0.
    Don’t whine and cry,these are my predictions and I’m entitled to them. A true great football mind!

50. Emoney says:
    January 4, 2010 8:33 AM
    RWFV says:
    January 3, 2010 8:54 PM
    Emoney:
    ——————————————
    ==============================
    No, you aren’t a realist, you are like every other packer fan on here( well, 99.9%).
    Your team also has holes and are definitely beatable.
    What makes you think Favre is retiring? He had probably his best season ever at 40 years old!
    1st you jerkoffs predicted a mid season train wreck and then a late season collapse, neither has happened. Now, you are predicting he’s not coming back? lol
    Great win against a Cardnails who actuallyDID forfeit yesterday’s game.
    By the way, Vikes won’t be on the road until the Championship game, if the Saints happen to lose and the Vikes are still alive, then the game is in the dome…….where they are undefeated this year.

51. Rodgers is the first quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 4,000 yards in each of the first two years in which he started a game.
    The packers are the first team in NFL HISTORY to ever have back to back 4000 yard passer, 2 1000 yard receivers and a 1200 yard rusher.
    Congrats on a great season.
    Win or lose in the playoffs. This season was a great piece of work. Rodgers put on a passing clinic for 3rd down efficiency. NFL take notice he is the real deal.

52. H4X0R says:
    ____________________________________
    Then, and ONLY then, will I consider this season a success. If it is shown that it took Thompson five years just to get back to the same perpetual one-and-done that Sherman had before him, he needs to be fired immediately.
    Getting fat off of an easy schedule doesn’t prove anything. Good teams win when it counts.

53. Pervy,
    Thanks for the tip. Im heading to reversesportsbetting.com right now. fell much better thank you!! 85 percent loser Pervy is with his predictions!!
    Beer Cheese,
    You gave up! Youcannot celebrate another world title if it were to come in 5 weeks.

54. jeffragnarchicken says:
    January 4, 2010 9:24 AM
    Your team also has holes and are definitely beatable.
    Great win against a Cardnails who actuallyDID forfeit yesterday’s game.
    —————————————-
    I love how Viking fans think this was Favre’s best season of his career. Believe it or not, he was a THREE TIME MVP in the 90’s for a better team with a better record. His stats were off the charts. The only difference was he had a few more INT’s. I’ve watched Favre his entire career during the Packer years, and he played much better against tougher competition during those years, as opposed to when he played one of the easiest schedules of this year. We’ll see how good he is next year when the NFC North has a much more difficult schedule. No more bottom feeder teams on the schedule, with the exception of the Lions, Bills, and Redskins. Vikings should get at least 4 wins there.
    And the Packers aren’t bragging about beating the Cardinals yesterday. The game meant nothing. But that doesn’t change the fact that the Giants didn’t show up yesterday. They just wanted to get their season over with. Thats a fact.
    Viking fans are far from realists. When their team struggles, their fans are nowhere to be seen.
    You’re right about the Vikings not playing on the road though this year. They won’t get past the second round. They can stay home and watch the Packers in the NFC championship game, just like the majority of the analysts are agreeing on. But they must not know anything either.

55. Beer Cheese Soup says:
    January 4, 2010 10:43 AM
    H4X0R says:
    ____________________________________
    ================================
    You do realize the Packers are the 6th seed, correct?
    They have to beat the Cards and the Saints before they have a chance to get to the Vikes.
    That is if Minnesota wins.
    I’m embarassed for you that you didn’t know that.

56. Supersuckers says:
    January 4, 2010 11:10 AM
    Pervy,
    Beer Cheese,
    ================================
    Don’t worry Super, neither of you will be celebrating anything in 5 weeks except Groundhog’s day.

57. jeffragnarchicken says:
    You do realize the Packers are the 6th seed, correct?
    That is if Minnesota wins.
    I’m embarassed for you that you didn’t know that.
    ____________________________________
    Of course I know that. Note how I didn’t say WHICH dome. Either would be fine with me.
    I’m embarrassed for your reading skills.

58. You do realize the Packers are the 6th seed, correct?
    That is if Minnesota wins.
    I’m embarassed for you that you didn’t know that.
    ——
    They are the 5 seed. Oh my. How could one not…oh my goodness….and Beer Cheese to reply with of course I know that…….oh my goodness…..

59. Also,
    If Philly happens to win and GB wins…Gb would go to Minnesota….oh my goodness. To miss that one and be embarrased for someone is not good Jeff.

60. Supersuckers says:
    ____________________________________
    Congratulations! After all the times you’ve been so blatantly wrong on here, you finally caught me making a mistake ONCE. Live it up while you can.
    As for my giving up meaning I can’t celebrate with you if, by some MIRACLE, the Pack wins the Superbowl, you can go to hell. I am, and always have been, a Packers fan. Just because I don’t love Ted like you do doesn’t change what I am. I was a Pack fan long before Ted came, and I still will be after he’s gone.
    Jeff is probably right in that we won’t have anything to celebrate (not that he will either), but my loyalties to the team haven’t changed regardless.

61. Beer Cheese says
    “I was a Pack fan long before Ted came, and I still will be after he’s gone.”
    —-
    Going to be a long time. Thankfully!
    —-
    “Jeff is probably right in that we won’t have anything to celebrate”
    ——-
    jeffs wrong 85 percent of the time.
    “As for my giving up meaning I can’t celebrate with you if, by some MIRACLE, the Pack wins the Superbowl, you can go to hell.”
    You did give up. Miracle? Hardly. If you think this is the same team that lost to Minnesota the day after halloween you are mistaken. I feel way better about this years team prior to the 2007 teams chances.

62. I got my info from a rival site and siad site evidently is censored on PFT.. This is the 3rd time I have answered to Super.
    Suffice it to say, i am embarassed for my self.
    I actually would welcome GB into the dome.
    I prefer that scenario…..

63. Supersuckers says:
    January 4, 2010 2:55 PM
    Beer Cheese says
    “I was a Pack fan long before Ted came, and I still will be after he’s gone.”
    —-
    Going to be a long time. Thankfully!
    —-
    “Jeff is probably right in that we won’t have anything to celebrate”
    ——-
    jeffs wrong 85 percent of the time.
    —————————-
    I find it humorous that you think my predictions have anything to do with the actual outcomes of games.
    Way to concentrate on the vikings, Super.
    You have a game against a good Arizona team in case you forgot.
    A team that did not go balls out in a meaningless game.
    I would not expect the same outcome. You will be in a dogfight this week-end.

64. jeff says
    “That being said, I should predict a Packer win, you know, because my predictions have such bearing on the outcome…..:)”
    —-
    please don’t. Pervy has already predicted a loss and seeing that you two use the same crystal ball I have to say that you would predict the same as Pervy using the same ball.
    jeff says
    “I actually would welcome GB into the dome.
    I prefer that scenario…..”
    ——-
    Site you are refering to had a interesting article about who the Vikings would rather see in their first game. You should check it out. If you havent already. Finley, Clifton, Tauscher, Chillar. All unavailable last time they played.

65. Hell with that. The knock on Packer QBs for the last 20 years is that they couldn’t win when it counted. F– that “win or lose” BS. I want to beat Arizona this week, and then I want to march right into a certain dome and send its residents all home for the winter.
    ————————————————-
    I want them to win as well. Getting fat off an easy schedule has been said about many good teams over the years.
    The 49ers played the weak sister of the west throughout the 80’s. Oh ya the buffalo bills had a hard division with Jim Kelly and company(note sarcasm).
    We could go throughout NFL history with examples of weak schedules and divisions. NONE OF THEM EVER have done what GB has done.
    I believe they deserve respect for the quality of play they have produced over the last 3 years.
    You have to admit that Ted and Mcarthy have put a quality competitive team on the field every year. With a little luck, good execution and talent they may just win a super bowl. I believe are moving in the right direction. Getting rid of brent was the correct move. It was good for GB, the NFL and the fans.

66. Supersuckers says:
    Going to be a long time. Thankfully!
    jeffs wrong 85 percent of the time.
    ____________________________________
    I’ve told you what this team has to do for me to quit hating on your true love. They’re close, but they haven’t done it yet.
    Of course this isn’t the same team that lost to Minnesota (or Tampa). The re-addition of Tauscher alone made them competitive, but more than that, the defense has stepped up in a way I’ll admit I didn’t think was even possible.
    This is a good team without a doubt. It would be pretty foolish to predict a Super Bowl win though. Too many variables. I prefer to leave the delusions of grandeur to the Viking fans. Pride goes before the fall.
    H4X0R says:
    ____________________________________
    I don’t think 6-10 or 4-12 are “quality and competitive”, but I do like the direction we seem to be headed.
    I also agree that trading Favre was the best move Ted has made. However, when those moves include things like drafting Hawk, Brohm and Harrell, cutting Sharper and Longwell, matching an offer to keep Jarrett Bush, among MANY other things, It’s not exactly enough to call him a genius.

67. Cutting sharper was a good move. He is a homerun hitter. strike out or homerun. Not a steady solid player. He gets torched alot. I feel the same way about bush.
    I never called TT a genius. He has made mistakes. But give him credit for this team and knowing what he had in rodgers.
    Hopefully they will be good for a good long time to come. They have decent core on both sides of the ball. So no excuses. They should compete for A super bowl in the next few years the pieces are nearly in place. They have a few holes to fill

68. People who blame Ted Thompson for picking Hawk at five are idiots. There was not a draft board that year that didn’t have him as a top ten pick and the Packers needed a LB. He didn’t turn out to be Brian Urlacher. Get over it.

69. badfish69 says:
    ____________________________________
    Most draft boards had Ryan Leaf fairly high too. That doesn’t make him a good pick.
    Good GMs know how to actually scout talent and tell who will make it at a pro level. Thompson has only recently (like last year) learned that skill.

70. ” also agree that trading Favre was the best move Ted has made. ”
    So was Thompson trading away that self-centered piece of trash Javon Walker. We wouldn’t have Greg Jennings had we kept that moron on the team.

71. How in the world is Javon Walker a self centered piece of trash? That’s pretty harsh. Some of you take this way too seriously. LOL
    Beer Cheese
    I don’t know how you can compare Ryan Leaf and AJ Hawk. One was a head case who couldn’t make it anywhere, the other a starter since his rookie year and actually been playing really solid in this 3-4 scheme. He isn’t living up to his draft position, but he isn’t a horrible player either.
    Justin Harrell on the other hand? Bash away.