Mark Cuban unhappy about Cowboys' playoff schedule

Most people in Dallas are thrilled that the Cowboys are hosting a playoff game on Saturday night.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is not like most people.

Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com reports that Cuban is angry with the NFL for scheduling the Cowboys’ game against the Eagles for Saturday night, when the Mavericks are also hosting the Utah Jazz.

“I know we’re just little pissants compared to the NFL, but seriously, the NFL is turning into the ugly American when it comes to sports leagues,” Cuban said. “They don’t give a crap about anybody but themselves.”

Cuban, who got into the football business this year with the UFL, said he thinks the NFL should view itself as a partner with the NBA and other sports leagues, and should treat its partners with respect.

“There’s a balance between all the leagues,” Cuban said. “They deal with similar issues. They deal with issues with copyright, antitrust, [Federal Communications Commission], all kinds of things. And it’s going to bite them in the ass one day.”

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to respond. Probably because he figured it wouldn’t be diplomatic to say, “If Cuban thinks we’re going to alter our playoff schedule for one pissant regular-season NBA game, he’s crazy.”

Permalink 119 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
119 Responses to “Mark Cuban unhappy about Cowboys' playoff schedule”
  1. bigfog says: Jan 5, 2010 9:20 PM

Boo hoo Cuban. For the most part, no one gives two shits about the NBA.

2. SwedishMurderMachine says: Jan 5, 2010 9:20 PM

F basketball

3. darlak says: Jan 5, 2010 9:20 PM

i didn’t even know they were playin b-ball yet….. don’t they do that in march or something….

4. jasper6 says: Jan 5, 2010 9:23 PM

what is this guy kidding me? a regular season nba game!!! even if it was a playoff game im sure people could careless!!!!!!!!!!!

5. bigbolt says: Jan 5, 2010 9:24 PM

Shouldn’t have gotten involved with the UFL, Cuban. The NFL probably scheduled it this way on purpose just to stick it to you.

6. RaiderMight says: Jan 5, 2010 9:24 PM

Hey Mark… Want some cheese with that whine? What a joke. Should have bought an NFL team instead of a dumb NBA team.

7. jersey73 says: Jan 5, 2010 9:24 PM

Mark Cuban…STFU!

8. Deb says: Jan 5, 2010 9:24 PM

ROFL
    Cuban was on “Dancing with the Stars” … which airs opposite MNF. Just sayin’ …

9. xacvol says: Jan 5, 2010 9:26 PM

Cuban, more like…eh, I got nothin…

10. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 5, 2010 9:27 PM

So it pissed of Mark Cuban?
    That is a huge reason to cheer it on!
    Grown men running around in shorts and dribbling a ball.
    F Mark Cuban.

11. BradyGazelle says: Jan 5, 2010 9:27 PM

Funny. I live in Dallas, and I didn’t even realize the Mavericks season had started.

12. BillsFan27 says: Jan 5, 2010 9:28 PM

It’s not that the NFL or the Cowboys were trying to disrespect Mark Cuban or the Mavericks – it’s that they simply forgot they were even there.

13. *Legion* says: Jan 5, 2010 9:28 PM

So we can expect to see the Mavs and the NBA at large stepping around the “pissant” NHL and their playoff schedule, right?

14. DEMOLITION says: Jan 5, 2010 9:29 PM

Cuban, just STFU. You are the most annoying owner in all of sports. Quit with your crying.

15. gibbs4life says: Jan 5, 2010 9:31 PM

Who cares about basketball in January? Shut up until May.

16. skinsman says: Jan 5, 2010 9:32 PM

17. PurpleNGold says: Jan 5, 2010 9:32 PM

Since when does Dallas have a professional basketball team?

18. froggy says: Jan 5, 2010 9:34 PM

Take your team, your league and your game and shove it, Mark.

19. TampaJoey says: Jan 5, 2010 9:34 PM

Guess I’m a odd ball here… I enjoy the NFL and NBA. That’s why I have two big screen TV’s in my livingroom complete with NFL Ticket and NBA League Pass … and probably why I’m divorced :) Bengals and Cavs baby!!!
    The NBA has Cuban and the NFL has Al Davis and Dan Snyder. Insert idiot joke here.

20. Sjoebarry says: Jan 5, 2010 9:35 PM

whats an NBA?

21. ladybucs&steelersnut says: Jan 5, 2010 9:35 PM

Hey, Cuban… get over yourself. Some people couldn’t give a rat’s tail end about ANY sport that is on at the same time as the NFL. I count myself among those people. I woudn’t watch your dumbass basketball game if it was between that & a freakin’ infomorcial! I would do yardwork instead, which I truly hate. I hate the Sunday night during the World Series when they have no Sun. night football B/C of freakin’ baseball.
    People that like basbetball will Tivo one or the other, leave the rest of us the hell alone!

22. Majik doesn't know says: Jan 5, 2010 9:35 PM

“According to Cuban, it’s just another example of the big, bad NFL doing whatever it wants and not much caring about how its actions affect anyone else.”
    You’re exactly right Cuban, that’s why the NFL can do what they do. Because they are big and bad, and they don’t give a shit what the corrupt NBA does. This guy is such a joke. Let me know if the NBA is ever relevant in this country Cuban.

23. j-wil says: Jan 5, 2010 9:36 PM

Cuban is a tool…………………does anyone really care??

24. JimmyY says: Jan 5, 2010 9:37 PM

Yea and if the Cowboys did not make the playoffs its a non-issue. Just an effort to bring attention to himself and a meaningless regular season game. Blowhard.

25. tomzilla says: Jan 5, 2010 9:38 PM

I usually hate anything that comes out of Mark Cuban’s mouth, but he’s right. The NFL is evil.
    I still hate them for forcing exclusive licensing for NFL video games and ruining Gameday (which was 100000% better than Madden).
    Then the fact that they force Sunday Ticket through DirecTV, which forces me to pay for DirecTV (which is just awful compares to cable).
    The NFL executives are some of the biggest assholes in business, which is saying a lot!

26. ToledoLions says: Jan 5, 2010 9:40 PM

Who cares what Cuban has to say. This guy is a crybaby about everything. And even if there wasn’t an NFL playoff game in Dallas on friday nobody would go to the Mavericks game. they suck and nobody cares about their games.

27. Satanic Hell Creature says: Jan 5, 2010 9:40 PM

Right now, NFL commissioner Roger Godcomplex is trying to figure out how he can fine Cuban.

28. SirSuperSouthern says: Jan 5, 2010 9:40 PM

I remember when basketball was cool – Jordan, Barkley, etc were genuine superstars and not everybody could dunk.
    Nowadays basketball is part of hip-hop culture, everyone is over six-and-a-half feet and can dunk, everyone has an attitude problem, etc. I can’t think of a single good thing about the NBA, which is a shame because basketball is one of the few sports I still play.
    As far as Cuban getting his feathers ruffled over a regular season game being upstaged by an NFL playoff game – tough shit, weirdo. Cuban is a disgrace to NBA owners as it is, making a spectacle of himself in the stands while his team’s on the court. Do any other owners in pro sports act like that? Of course not, they’re up in their box drinking expensive Scotch, laughing at all the fat, poorly dressed, stupid looking mullet wearing fans getting drunk on over-priced domestic beer.
    Screw MLB (my childhood favorite), the NBA, the NHL, and every soccer league in the world – when the NFL comes to town, know your places and disappear…

29. Zoology says: Jan 5, 2010 9:40 PM

It’s not even halfway through the NBA season and NFL playoff games have been played on Saturdays for quite a while now. Plus the Mavericks play like 60 more games than the Cowboys do in a given season.

30. dhodgejr says: Jan 5, 2010 9:42 PM

Hey Mark – To quote something my grandfather used to say, “if I wanted to hear from an A**hole, I would have farted…”

31. jrg1263 says: Jan 5, 2010 9:42 PM

Cuban the NBA can’t compete with the NFL or MLB. Grow and act like an adult, you’re whining like a little girl.

32. nflhof says: Jan 5, 2010 9:42 PM

The NBA is unwatchable its that simple.

33. mrf47 says: Jan 5, 2010 9:43 PM

What is the NBA?

34. PhD says: Jan 5, 2010 9:45 PM

Mark is right about one thing. The frog in his pocket and him ARE irrelevant little piss ants. He helped ruin internet radio and now has moved on to leave his destructive egotistical mark in the sports world. Too bad Mr. Loser!

35. kayC says: Jan 5, 2010 9:46 PM

Who the hell asked Cuban, anyway? If the NFL wants his opinion on how to run their league– or his thoughts on any hot stocks he thinks you should buy low on– I’m certain they know how to contact him.

36. cunn9305 says: Jan 5, 2010 9:50 PM

He should worry more about havin’ metal detectors in his locker room …

37. BobsCountryBunker says: Jan 5, 2010 9:50 PM

Gee, I don’t know why people would rather watch an NFL playoff game as opposed to just another mailed-in NBA regular season game. Why, just the other evening Cuban’s pissants barely showed up in a 40-point smackdown by the Lakers.

38. Marv_Sleezy says: Jan 5, 2010 9:51 PM

I think Dallas was big time – Cant they handle two events on the same night? TV isnt an issue cuz no one would have watched the Basketball game anyway

39. whatabucnmess says: Jan 5, 2010 9:54 PM

The NBA is nothing but a bunch of over paid thugs. Who gives a crap about The Mavs.

40. jd says: Jan 5, 2010 9:54 PM

Who gives a shit about basketball? The reason the NFL is the king of american sports is because there are so few games per year, each game is a big deal, and they are treated as such.
    How many basketball games are there in a season, 120? Does it matter if they lose a game? Does it matter if they lose one playoff game?

41. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 5, 2010 9:54 PM

Isn’t the NBA the same organization that just had one of it’s employees come to wrok with 4 guns and place them in his locker only to draw one on a teammate who then in turn drew his back? One of those 4 guns was a gold plated desert eagle which is something we all must have. The NBA is nothing but a bunch of thugs who try to act like millionaire gangsters. No one cares about the NBA and PFT’s sister network ESPN did an article a weak or so ago about how they have no fans and no money. Mr. Cuban, no one cares what you, or the thugs you employ have to say to those of us in the civilized world.

42. TheBigOldDog says: Jan 5, 2010 9:55 PM

I thought he was in jail for insider trading. Shows what I know.
    Kind of ironic that a guy who made so much money under the free market system would complain about open competition.
    However, there’s nothing ironic about him taking a shot at the country where he made all that money. It’s just the way the guy rolls. Anti-American to the core.

43. danielcp0303 says: Jan 5, 2010 9:56 PM

This is the same guy that bitched and moaned about losing to the Rockets a few weeks ago, tried to get a do over. Somebody slap this clown

44. emeeler says: Jan 5, 2010 9:56 PM

dont worry mark….they will only need to schedule one cowboys post-season game per year. tops!

45. Brewster says: Jan 5, 2010 9:56 PM

I generally don’t share the same opinions as Mark Cuban, but after reading his comments I find myself agreeing with many of his points.
    I don’t think it’s realistic for the NFL to reschedule a playoff game because another sports team in the market has a home game scheduled, but he’s right on target about the NFL not caring about anyone but itself, such as the fans, players or the municipalities they play in.

46. HBOilers24 says: Jan 5, 2010 9:57 PM

you know he just made these comments so people would realize there is a team in dallas right?

47. ladybucs&steelersnut says: Jan 5, 2010 9:57 PM

@ Satanic Hell Creature
    Thanx a lot for that one…ROFLA!!

48. VoxVagina says: Jan 5, 2010 10:00 PM

Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones in one city = chaos. Could you have more overbearing owners in one city? Cuban is a pain in the ass though. The NBA regular season is almost meaningless

49. gopher says: Jan 5, 2010 10:00 PM

Cuban got what he wanted, more press.

50. jd says: Jan 5, 2010 10:04 PM

The only reason the NHL and NBA have any sort of agreements with each other is because many teams share arenas.

51. TylerDurden says: Jan 5, 2010 10:05 PM

NFL > NBA….always has been…alway will be.

52. Alzado's Vein says: Jan 5, 2010 10:06 PM

The NBA couldnt wipe the NFL’s ass. Maybe more people would start to watch if all of the players actually showed some effort, instead of doggin it 90% of the time.
    Eat it Cuban!

53. TheBigOldDog says: Jan 5, 2010 10:06 PM

I’m pretty sure the term ass-clown was coined just to describe Mark Cuban.

54. PurpleNGold says: Jan 5, 2010 10:11 PM

Cuban is right, all sports are balanced. There’s the NFL on one side, and the rest of the sports on the other side.

55. sbhntr says: Jan 5, 2010 10:11 PM

Hey Cuban……
    Why do NBA players need GUNS?
    They should be using condoms to protect themselves.
    Thanks to Jay Leno.

56. FireJerryJones says: Jan 5, 2010 10:11 PM

Utah.
    Nuff said.

57. joughblough says: Jan 5, 2010 10:16 PM

NBA = No Babies Allowed!! Quit your crying, no one wants to hear it ass-clown.

58. DirtMcGirt24 says: Jan 5, 2010 10:16 PM

At least the Giants still have $20,000 PSLs for sale for next season…

59. Fart Face Killa says: Jan 5, 2010 10:16 PM

Yea because it’s not like they have 25 more home games left in the season….
    How much money is that taking from them anyway? None of those people would be spending money on Playoff tickets AND Mav’s tickets.
    Ridiculous.

60. Indyeagle says: Jan 5, 2010 10:17 PM

Is Cuban serious? NBA?
    Ha! That’s funny.
    Mark, the NFL and 80% of the educated world don’t care about the NBA. Enjoy your half empty arena Saturday night.
    Tool.

61. SterilizeTHenry says: Jan 5, 2010 10:19 PM

“I know we’re just little pissants compared to the NFL”
    Yes, you are…and you always will be.

62. SDCharger1969 says: Jan 5, 2010 10:21 PM

don’t you cry for me Argentina

63. INTENSEG says: Jan 5, 2010 10:22 PM

Cuban, Why would the NFL seek your approval on when and where they are scheduling THEIR playoff games? I’m highly unsympathetic to your bitching, crying and whining. GROW UP its one damn game.

64. Ravenmaniac says: Jan 5, 2010 10:24 PM

Jones should send Cuban 2 upper level tickets for the game and a coupon for $2 off of a soda at the concession stand…..

65. doe22us says: Jan 5, 2010 10:26 PM

Love the NFL and the NBA in that order but Cubes son you are wrong. its just a regular season game one of 82 get over yourself.

66. Deb says: Jan 5, 2010 10:29 PM

@tomzilla …
    “Not to mention the NFL won’t let me cable company give me NFL Network, unless they give it to me for free, even though I’d be willing to pay for it.”
    Wrong. Comcast Cable has the NFL Network and customers have to pay to get it. I have buy a sports package that includes umpteen useless channels when all I want is the NFL Network and RedZone. The NFL would cut the same deal with Time Warner–if TW were willing to pay the NFL’s price for access to the network. They won’t. TW is cheap cheap cheap. My parents have TW, pay more than I do, and get a lot less.
    DirecTV simply has a megabuck exclusive with the NFL for Sunday Ticket–that’s why cable can’t give us the same package. The deal comes up for renewal–I think this year. If cable out-bids DirecTV, they can get Sunday Ticket. Don’t hold your breath–satellite knows Sunday Ticket is their meal ticket and they’ll pay to keep it. It’s all about the $$$.

67. Richm2256 says: Jan 5, 2010 10:30 PM

Sjoebarry says:
    whats an NBA?
    Funniest post on the thread. I actually did laugh out loud!
    Oh, and Mark Cuban, go back to the NBA where you’re almost relevant.
    almost.

68. sic62 says: Jan 5, 2010 10:35 PM

I think I made myself stupid by reading some of these comments.

69. RWFV says: Jan 5, 2010 10:38 PM

A lot of these comments are hilarious. What is even funnier is the Minnesota Timberwolves. They basically give the tickets away and still nobody shows up.

70. BobsCountryBunker says: Jan 5, 2010 10:46 PM

No BigoldDog, he beat that rap. The Feds had bigger fish to fry. They thought that he was a pissant too.

71. GoBrowns19 says: Jan 5, 2010 10:48 PM

When there’s 82 games you’re going to take some lumps guy. The world can’t close down every time your business is having it’s most productive moments.

72. Real Football Fan says: Jan 5, 2010 10:49 PM

If he’s advocating this kind of partnerships between leagues, why didn’t he change the start time for this Mavericks’ home date? Furthermore, why wouldn’t you brace for such an occurrence during scheduling anyway since the Cowboys were considered strong contenders to reach the post-season?
    That pendulumn swings both ways ina partnership and I think most would agree NFL playoff game > meaningless regular season NBA game.

73. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 5, 2010 10:51 PM

“Why would Dallas fans want to go watch the Cowpukes lose another playoff game…How many have they won the last 10 years?”
    Very original. Enjoy the playoffs, Deadskins fan.

74. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 5, 2010 10:52 PM

“Since when does Dallas have a professional basketball team?”
    Since Minnesota has a professional football team. How ’bout those Lakers? haha

75. Indyeagle says: Jan 5, 2010 10:57 PM

Wow,
    After reading all the posts on this one, I think PFT has finally found something that almost all of us agree on. The NBA Sucks.
    Now, can we get back to bickering and insulting each other? I hate it when we insult an outsider like Cuban.
    Carry on….

76. gbbrady10 says: Jan 5, 2010 11:02 PM

I’m sure we will be hearing from him again when the NCAA doesn’t consult him on when they should play the Final Four and a Texas-Kentucky game conflicts with the Mavs vs. Blazers or Warriors or some other nothing game. Basketball is a great sport but it doesn’t hold a candle to football, hockey or baseball and the NBA is a joke compared to March Madness so Cuban shut up until your refs start calling traveling again.

77. bigbolt says: Jan 5, 2010 11:07 PM

@SirSuperSouthern
    ————————————————-
    Until the NFL and NFLPA both get greedy and have an ugly work stoppage after next season.

78. jjared1101 says: Jan 5, 2010 11:11 PM

Some of you are missing the point.
    He’s simply saying that they should at least collaborate with other major sports when you’re going to have multiple games in one city playing at the same time. The Mavericks (whether you like basketball or not) are very popular in Dallas and he’s simply saying that a little acknowledgment would be nice. Not that it’s in jeopardy, but the Mavericks do have an impressive home sellout streak that they would like to maintain.
    I agree that it’s a little unrealistic to have the NFL cancel a game for the sake of the NBA, but when there is an option for time slotting with these wild card games, and you don’t even talk to the NBA about it, it’s a slap in the face to them.
    And yes, if nothing else, a lot of people (at least on this site) are talking about it. Free press.

79. jjared1101 says: Jan 5, 2010 11:13 PM

Chapnasty2 says:
    ——————–
    You think the NFL is much better?

80. houstonsimpleton says: Jan 5, 2010 11:14 PM

Listen. You don’t know, who don’t live around here. Way back, already, Cuban’s Mavericks Canadian player Steve Nash called our American president a liar in a local news interview; Cuban no reaction. Again later, one of Cuban’s American-rich international players pissed on our American pants leg (I forget just how); Cuban no reaction. Then you know about last year, Cuban’s player Josh Howard being videotaped during a national anthem exclaiming how he didn’t celebrate that s__it. Cuban defended him around here, angry against the backlash.
    The guy’s a bug to be stepped on. Don’t pay him any attention.

81. scrapdawg12 says: Jan 5, 2010 11:20 PM

Cuban why don’t you buy a franchise. Better yet, please buy the Eagles. I know at least you will spend every dollar to bring in a winner

82. jjared1101 says: Jan 5, 2010 11:24 PM

Hey Cuban……
    Why do NBA players need GUNS?
    They should be using condoms to protect themselves.
    Thanks to Jay Leno.
    ——————-
    NFL players have quite a few illegitimate kids too.
    Travis Henry
    Derrick Thomas- Died with 7 children by 5 women
    Ray Lewis
    Marshall Faulk
    Charles Rogers
    Ricky Willams
    ect….

83. Chargers-Superhero says: Jan 5, 2010 11:27 PM

Cuban is a D-Bag. The playoff schedules are set BEFORE the season starts. Dallas ended up with the #3 seed, therefore plays on Saturday. If they had the #1, or #2 they wouldn’t be playing the Eagles.
    If he’s complaning that the Cowboys got the night time “primetime” game, well the Cowboys get better ratings on tv than pretty much all other teams in the NFL, and for being in Dallas all these years he should know that. Even if the Cowboys are bad, they still draw a tv market.
    This is the same D-Bag who engages in WWE “fake” wrestling as a “celebrity” guest in the ring.

84. JaredAllen69 says: Jan 5, 2010 11:33 PM

Basketball sucks.

85. jjared1101 says: Jan 5, 2010 11:35 PM

houstonsimpleton says:
    Cuban defended him around here, angry against the backlash.
    The guy’s a bug to be stepped on. Don’t pay him any attention.
    —————
    Cuban didn’t defend his actions. He said they were wrong and that he discussed it with him in house. What he did do was publish all the racist emails that came in to his blog along with their email addresses.
    Steve Nash spoke out against the war in Iraq. So sue him. You think he was the only one? Many people agreed with him. Plus, why would Cuban address another man’s opinion?

86. Favre On HGH says: Jan 5, 2010 11:45 PM

That is a huge reason to cheer it on!
    Grown men running around in shorts and dribbling a ball.
    —————
    Watching men in tights run and throw a ball is any different?

87. jlstrumb says: Jan 5, 2010 11:47 PM

As Allen Iverson would say, “We’re talking about basketball? Basketball? I mean we’re talking about basketball, come on? Basketball?
    Who gives a s$$t about Cuban or the Mavs…

88. SpartaChris says: Jan 6, 2010 12:01 AM

Here’s Basketball in 4 easy steps:
    1) Put 100 points on the board per team
    2) Put two minutes on the clock and go.
    3) ?
    4) Profit!

89. troll_aikman8 says: Jan 6, 2010 12:02 AM

Screw baseball, basketball and badminton. An NFL playoff game is superior to all sporting events.

90. Deb says: Jan 6, 2010 12:15 AM

@Favre On HGH …
    Is there a difference between watching tall, skinny basketball players in shorts … and lean, mean, muscled defensive backs, receivers & linebackers in tights? From a woman’s perspective?
    Um, yeah … there’s a difference.

91. jjared1101 says: Jan 6, 2010 12:22 AM

—————-
    Really…. ?
    Was that funny when you were typing it out?

92. Stinemonster says: Jan 6, 2010 12:24 AM

I’ve seen them train rats to carry a ball back and forth and put it in a goal. It was more entertaining.

93. bringbacktheflex says: Jan 6, 2010 12:32 AM

One frickin basketball game out of 82, versus an NFL playoff game. Hmmm. Gee Mark, if it was reversed and Dallas was playing a pre-season game and you were hosting a playoff game I wonder if you would feel obliged to move your game.

94. MasterShake says: Jan 6, 2010 12:34 AM

If he would just take care of the eybrows. Oops, I mean eyebrow. It’s hard for those that are so pasionate with their field to remember about the little things, but how can anyone take someone serious when they have a uni-brow? He made a ton of jack by being heard and not seen and now that’s he’s seen and heard he comes off as a communist.
    Dallas Mavericks = Planet of the Apes

95. Setobakura says: Jan 6, 2010 12:40 AM

Wheres the Rooney Rule in the NBA?? Larry Bird was the last white dude in the NBA

96. Hooj says: Jan 6, 2010 12:48 AM

don’t normally mind Cuban, however he’s dead wrong here. As many have stated, Basketball is irrelevant.

97. ACDC84 says: Jan 6, 2010 12:53 AM

He sounds like the Texans or Steelers complaining about someone screwing them over. The moral of the story is if you take care of your own sh*t, it doesn’t matter what anyone else does, whether you are hoping for help making the play-offs, or you hope your sec0nd rate sport gets max ratings.

98. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 6, 2010 12:56 AM

A Skins fan talking smack after they gave several teams their first wins in a while. And they got swept by the whole NFC East. Stupid DC crackheads.

99. CanadianVikingFan says: Jan 6, 2010 1:01 AM

What the hell is basketball?

100. SeaColt213 says: Jan 6, 2010 1:33 AM

Last time I checked, the big dog in the park makes the rules.
    If anything, the NBA should take an extra day prior to the season to figure out how to schedule key markets NBA games around POSSIBLE NFL playoff games. He is a smart guy, he should know which game will get the ratings in an NBA/NFL square off. Even if Kobe, Lebron and Shaq got traded to the Mavericks and they were playing Jesus Christ himself on Christmas day… If there is a Cowboy playoff game on, guess what the people of Dallas will be watching?
    Granted, the Mavericks probably didn’t expect Dallas to be playing in any playoff games… But Cuban— You are a whiney bitch.

101. 6250claimer says: Jan 6, 2010 3:05 AM

Somebody should light Cuban’s hair on fire, and smoke him.. like a good Cuban cigar.

102. Farves sweet Hair says: Jan 6, 2010 3:24 AM

FYI Mark,
    Only idiots like you guve a sh!T about basketball

103. GreenBird- says: Jan 6, 2010 6:24 AM

I hate Cuban, but he has a point in this. Cowboys SUCKS!!

104. NoKoolaidCowboy says: Jan 6, 2010 6:45 AM

“I know we’re just little pissants compared to the NFL…”
    No, you’re the pissant! You are the whiney, little troll pissant! So go play with your money, another reality tv show or whatever it is you are into these days.
    Oh, and have someone check the player’s lockers for guns while you are at it. Someone forgot to tell those idiots that it’s not a good idea to bring guns into the workplace.

105. mbbrazi says: Jan 6, 2010 7:05 AM

The NBA is like the NHL. The season is dragged out, they should go from 82 games to 60 games so the games mean something. The NBA playoff system is a death march, the worst thing the NBA did was expand the opening round to 7 games. The NBA is like the NHL, it’s like watching paint dry. Does anybody give a rat’s ass about the NBA? And even less about Mark (I can’t get enough of myself) Cuban. Anyone stupid enough to own an NBA or NHL franchise gets what they deserve! P.S. Why is college basketball so much fun and the NBA so terribly boring!!!

106. BearsFan18 says: Jan 6, 2010 7:18 AM

Well for one Mr. Cuban, the Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington not Dallas as all Arlington residents like to point out. So I guess this should not be an issue then……SINCE IT ISN’T THE SAME CITY. If the Mavericks are in the playoffs, do you think they ask the Texas Rangers if they have a game on the same night? I am sure they don’t.

107. Jeff says: Jan 6, 2010 7:29 AM

Cuban is right here. The NFL could have chosen three other games for primetime, but they chose the Cowboys of course. Because the world is going to end if the Cowboys don’t get preferential treatment. If the Cowboys don’t play in primtime, nobody is going to watch the game, and the NFL will go bankrupt. It’s the version of the NFL’s self fulfilling prophecy. The Cowboys have gotten a national audience for EVERY SINGLE GAME since Thanksgiving, and the the NFL says the Cowboys get the primetime playoff game too because “the Cowboys get the highest ratings.” You don’t say! If every Bengals game was shown to the entire country and the media force-fed stories about Carson Palmer to us, the Bengals’ ratings would be as high as the Cowboys.

108. Audient says: Jan 6, 2010 7:35 AM

Cuban should move his NBA game to earlier in the day — his game being a regular season game and the Cowboys game being a playoff game.

109. bustabloodvessel says: Jan 6, 2010 8:27 AM

Didn’t the NFL not show a Sunday or Monday night game because of the World Series? Sounds like they are looking out for the other leagues to me.

110. Bigbluefan says: Jan 6, 2010 8:28 AM

Whats the NBA?
    Lets see watch a football game or basketball?
    Hmmmm Basketball a sport that has refs taking payoffs to throw the game yeah thats the ticket

111. radioboy20010 says: Jan 6, 2010 8:40 AM

Mark Cuban didn’t make a billion dollars being a dummy. He’s one of the shrewdest publicity whores around. He knows full well the NFL can do whatever it wants, whenever it wants. Does the NBA care that its ridiculously long season cuts into the NFL? Hell, no. Does baseball care that their ridiculously long season cuts into the NFL? Hell no. Cuban is trying to stir up interest in his team with some well-placed publicity. Florio fell for it, as well. Free pub from all the whiny pants-wetting sports media. Nothing new.

112. CapsLockKey says: Jan 6, 2010 10:24 AM

No sport schedules their playoff games around another sports regular season game. The other sport is the one that makes the accommodations. The NFL works their regular season schedule around the MLB playoffs, so get over yourself Cuban. So if the Dallas Stars asked you to move a playoff game that interfered with one their games you would? OK buddy.

113. SF Saints Fan says: Jan 6, 2010 11:17 AM

First off, Mark Cuban should be Redacted.
    Second, the NFL should send somebody to the basketball game and videotape the people in the stands. Take that tape to a marketing person and figure out the demographics of the audience. I have no idea who will be at the game and have no agenda here. After you have received a demographic analysis of the audience at a regular season basketball game instead of watching a playoff game against one of your most hated rivals, you will know which demographic group IS NOT one you should target as the NFL.
    I have absolutely no interest in basketball. Regular season or post-season. I would rather watch any fourth NFL Pre-Season game than game seven of the NBA Finals. I am a football fan. Over and out.

114. texasPHINSfan says: Jan 6, 2010 12:10 PM

I agree with everyone, but see it as it is the NBA in the wrong here.
    When baseball is playing their playoff games & world series, the NFL doesn’t play games on that Sunday or Monday night.
    Why can’t the NBA respect the NFL playoff schedule the same way? This is more the NBA disrespecting the NFL than the NFL disrespecting the NBA.
    Cuban is an idiot, but we already knew this. Who’s ever even heard of HDNet? :P

115. Whodey08 says: Jan 6, 2010 12:11 PM

Damn another Cuban that slipped through the embargo.

116. Deb says: Jan 6, 2010 12:41 PM

@ACDC84 …
    You idiot. One player with a big mouth is not an entire organization. The Steelers and their fans posting on PFT have repeatedly acknowledged that we made our own bed and we haven’t been whining. The cross-currents have short-circuited your brain. Maybe you should start following a less complicated sport … like basketball. I hear there’s a Mavs game on Saturday.

117. Mark0226 says: Jan 6, 2010 3:57 PM

Isn’t it true that the NFL playoffs are ALWAYS scheduled on Saturday night? Perhaps the NBA should have considered that when they scheduled THEIR games.

118. manofaiki says: Jan 6, 2010 6:20 PM

There are 41 NBA home games in a regular season.
    In the NFL, NOBODY is guaranteed a playoff home game.
    In the NBA, you make the playoffs, you’ll get at least one home game in the best of 5 first round series.
    Dallas has a home playoff game this Saturday; Mavericks have just one of 41 home games.
    Mark Cuban should just STFU.

119. StevenM says: Jan 6, 2010 9:42 PM

Hey “manofaiki”, they changed the NBA playoffs to best of 7 for all rounds because they didn’t think they drag them out long enough. The NBA sucks. When will that & the WNBA go out of business? LOL
    NFL is king, and there is a reason why it gets more $$$ per year for TV then the NBA, NHL, MLB, NASCAR (is this a sport?), Golf, plus some others COMBINED!