Report: Terry Glenn arrested for auto theft

Former NFL wide receiver Terry Glenn has been arrested on a charge of auto theft, the Dallas Morning News is reporting

Glenn was reportedly booked into the Irving jail Tuesday evening and released at about 1 a.m. today. The charge apparently involves a Black Chevrolet Suburban rental car that was reported stolen by the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

This is not Glenn’s first run-in with the law. He was arrested last year at an Irving hotel for public intoxication and possession of marijuana, and he had four outstanding traffic warrants at the time.

Glenn played from 1996 to 2001
for the New England Patriots, in 2002 for the Green Bay Packers and from 2003 to 2007 for the Dallas Cowboys.

Permalink 44 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
44 Responses to “Report: Terry Glenn arrested for auto theft”
  1. Leviathan says: Jan 6, 2010 2:37 PM

She shouldn’t be stealing cars.

2. PFTiswhatitis says: Jan 6, 2010 2:47 PM

I never liked her.

3. Leto_II says: Jan 6, 2010 2:50 PM

I can’t beleive these stupid athlete’s getting into trouble after their NFL career is over. What a bunch of idiots.
    Signed,
    Maurice Clarett, Jimmy Smith, Nate Newton, Travis Henry and Ryan Leaf

4. bake says: Jan 6, 2010 2:51 PM

She, indeed. I always thought Mr/Mrs/ Whatever Glenn looked a little feminine. Then Parcells came out with that. Now it is stealing cars, another life-after-football story gone bad………………..another former cowboy going to jail, i might add. Terrell Owens never got in trouble with the cops………………………

5. HarrisonHits says: Jan 6, 2010 2:51 PM

Its insane what these players and former players get involved with. The DUI and weed I can understand. But stealing a car ? With the millions he made how could anyone with a functional brain be involved in something like that ?

6. mustbechris says: Jan 6, 2010 2:52 PM

I can’t wait to see Vox Veritas’ comment…

7. Pervy_Harvin says: Jan 6, 2010 2:56 PM

8. BleedGreen says: Jan 6, 2010 3:08 PM

Pervy_Harvin says:
    January 6, 2010 2:56 PM
    ________________________________
    Maybe he’ll drive 120+mph like your boy AP. Maybe he’ll rent a party boat and rape strippers like Mike Tice & co. Maybe he’ll run into a cop car a la Randy Moss. Maybe he’ll get into a street fight with Bryant McKinnie. Maybe he’ll get hammered and run from the cops like Koren Robinson. Perhaps they’ll get arrested for beating people up outside a club like Anthony Carter, Carl Lee and Darryl Harris.
    Should I go on?

9. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 6, 2010 3:13 PM

“another former cowboy going to jail,”
    And another Patriot. Or Packer. I mean, since he hasn’t been playing for ANYone for a couple of years now.
    Some of you can’t be that stupid. I take that back.
    You obviously can be.

10. cbrianwatkins says: Jan 6, 2010 3:14 PM

HarrisonHits says:
    January 6, 2010 2:51 PM
    ————————————————
    just because someone makes millions doesnt mean said person has common sense. very few people who come into money as quickly as some of these players do, end up doing well financially
    there is a HUGE difference between being wealthy and being rich, and 99% of these players are just rich, not wealthy
    do a search on how many lottery winners are bankrupt after they win, same goes for athletes

11. Richm2256 says: Jan 6, 2010 3:19 PM

Wow.
    Wow.
    This is sad. Glenn made some good scratch in his day, and he had a hell of a lot of them. How the hell does this happen? Another sad ex-jock. I don’t remember hearing about last year’s arrest.
    By the way, the “she” comments will live with him the rest of his life, but let everyone who posts that here today remember that when he went to the Cowboys, Bill Parcells brought “her” with him.
    That ought to say something about Terry Glenn.
    (or Theresa Glenn, as the case may be).

12. Deb says: Jan 6, 2010 3:20 PM

Well, hello there, Perv. What? Not speaking today? :-)

13. chipwade says: Jan 6, 2010 3:21 PM

Dumb ass should have played 2 seasons ago for the money Dallas offered. He could have not-stolen 10 Suburbans. I wonder if it was a sting like the ones on TV.

14. chipwade says: Jan 6, 2010 3:26 PM

BleedGreen says:
    January 6, 2010 3:08 PM
    Pervy_Harvin says:
    January 6, 2010 2:56 PM
    ________________________________
    Should I go on?
    ——————————————-
    I swear that I saw a chubby Koren Robinson eating at Wendy’s in Seattle just before the season kicked off. Good thing he never got into trouble (sarcasm). Something you both can agree on :D

15. csloan99 says: Jan 6, 2010 3:30 PM

Congrats to THE Ohio State University for turning out both Maurice Clarett and this upstanding citizen, Terry Glenn.
    I’d love to hear tOSU sell their recruits on how a tOSU education will get them far in life after their playing days are over. Then they can cite these guys are proof.

16. NasirMoss says: Jan 6, 2010 3:39 PM

R. Moss ran into a Cop car??? Damn how drunk was he? Did anybody die? How did i miss this story. How long was his bid? Surely he did some time. Do u recall Mr BleedGReen? Please enlighten me

17. Deb says: Jan 6, 2010 3:51 PM

What is up with my posts today?
    Okay I’ll try again:
    HarrisonHits says:
    ——————————————–
    Because with arrests for DUI and weed–you know, the stuff you understand–maybe he has some substance-abuse issues and no longer has a functioning brain. Usually by the time people start getting arrested, they have bigger problems than everyone realizes.

18. Sporting_One says: Jan 6, 2010 3:51 PM

Pervy_Harvin says:
    January 6, 2010 2:56 PM
    What will Clay Mathews do?
    Kicking Pervy’s ass sideways would be a great start….

19. Chuck Woodson says: Jan 6, 2010 3:56 PM

Pervy_Harvin is insignificant. We got into an arguement on here and so I gave her my phone number. When (s)he called- I had a sneaking suspicion that “he” was a she trying to disguise herself with a low voice… until I heard her mother yelling in the backround “How many times do I have to tell you Nancy! No phone time until your homework is done!!” It was the funniest thing and I swear I am not making this up. Pervy is a school girl with a crush on Brent Farve. Try not to react to her foolish games anymore. It still cracks me up though!

20. BleedGreen says: Jan 6, 2010 4:00 PM

NasirMoss says:
    January 6, 2010 3:39 PM
    I missed a 2 words. Ran into a cop WITH HIS car. Sorry. Thats even worse actually. Hitting a person.

21. surefooted says: Jan 6, 2010 4:04 PM

Wait I thought MDS left PFT?

22. 6ringSteelers says: Jan 6, 2010 4:13 PM

She was on her way to San Andreas…

23. TheBigOldDog says: Jan 6, 2010 4:13 PM

Deeed…Deeed – Dee-Eye-Deeed play for the Patriots

24. TrueFan says: Jan 6, 2010 4:16 PM

Umm “BleedGreen” (More like “BrainBleed”) you have just about EVERY one of those claims about Vikings players wrong:
    “Maybe he’ll drive 120+mph like your boy AP. ” Actually 109 to be exact, and not a felony like auto-theft. Not a very good comparison. And I’ll take this guys character ANY DAY.
    Maybe he’ll rent a party boat and rape strippers like Mike Tice & co.
    Hmmm.. Interesting choice of words. “Rape” a stripper? BTW, Mike Tice was not aboard.. idiot. And several others who were accused were subsequently found not guilty.
    Maybe he’ll run into a cop car a la Randy Moss.
    You’ll have to let me know WHEN this happened. Actually it was failing to STOP his vehicle when instructed to do so by a Meter Maid, who then choice to CLIMB ON HIS CAR. Idiot.
    Maybe he’ll get into a street fight with Bryant McKinnie.
    Again, not defending the action.. but this was in a BAR. He did get into it with the bouncer outside the first club, but the charges were for a brawl in the club, not a “street fight”. Idiot.
    Maybe he’ll get hammered and run from the cops like Koren Robinson.
    Congrats. You got ONE right. Idiot
    Anthony Carter never “beat someone up outside a club”. It was a domestic dispute and in 1988 he was charged with “disorderly conduct”. Idiot.
    Get your facts straight.
    Maybe you should have brought up Mark (pedophile) Chamura…. Idiot.

25. Quagmire says: Jan 6, 2010 4:23 PM

Maybe stealing a car is his only way to escape the crappy Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

26. I_Hate_Yams says: Jan 6, 2010 4:23 PM

I guess the Tuna was right about her.

27. favrecansuckit says: Jan 6, 2010 4:26 PM

BleedGreen – 1 Pervy_Harvin – 0

28. CliveRush says: Jan 6, 2010 4:28 PM

Terry was a great side pro receiver along the sideline. He had talent but nothing upstairs. When the Pats released him he had dared BB to act and act quickly he did. The next day Glenn was gone from Foxboro and a SB winning team. This was something he probably wished he had never done. A night earlier the question was posed to him on a local TV station by the sportscaster (Steve Burton) “Do you want to play for this team?” Reply, ” I did, D-I-D want to” The next day he was late for practice and was told to leave the field. It was the last time he set foot on the Foboro turf.

29. Pervy_Harvin says: Jan 6, 2010 4:38 PM

Pervy: 100 favrecansuckit,BleedGreen,Chuck Woodson,and Sporting _One : BIG FAT 0
    I will really miss you guys after the Cardinals smash you Sunday. I know you will all hole up like groundhogs for the winter. Who will I own then?? Most likely Cowboy tools. We will have them next!

30. Tjackfan says: Jan 6, 2010 4:45 PM

Pervy_Harvin: 2
    Idiot, et al.: -1

31. LBPACKFAN says: Jan 6, 2010 4:45 PM

The Vikings play a game against a team who has packed it in and missing half its starters…and now life is good. Wow.
    Too bad the season ends in a little less than 2 weeks for the soon-to-be LA Vikings. DeMarcus is licking his chops against the futile O-LINE of the Queens.
    “…and that silence you hear is the Metrodome…”

32. Sporting_One says: Jan 6, 2010 4:48 PM

Pervy_Harvin says:
    January 6, 2010 2:56 PM
    What will Clay Mathews do?
    Kicking Pervy’s ass sideways would be a great start….

33. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 6, 2010 4:56 PM

The semi-literate mouth continues to roar.
    “Mike Jenkins ain’t never shut me down, so y’all chill out over there. Them boys are scared of me. I’m a dual threat on that field. They be having like four people on your boy out there, but it’s all good. I probably get man coverage like 10 percent every game. But I like those odds. I’ll take that.”
    - T.Rex Jackson

34. Pervy_Harvin says: Jan 6, 2010 4:59 PM

Sporting_One says:
    January 6, 2010 4:48 PM
    Pervy_Harvin says:
    January 6, 2010 2:56 PM
    What will Clay Mathews do?
    Kicking Pervy’s ass sideways would be a great start….
    ===================================

35. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 6, 2010 5:17 PM

“Wrong answer tool! Never,and I mean never would I allow myself to get beat up by a dude with hair like Courtney Love!”
    You mean all the way up to the bellybutton?

36. toe-to-toe bird law says: Jan 6, 2010 5:20 PM

37. Pervy_Harvin says: Jan 6, 2010 5:41 PM

.VoxVeritas says:
    January 6, 2010 5:17 PM
    You mean all the way up to the bellybutton?
    ————————————————–
    LMAO Yep! Vox +1

38. NoKoolaidCowboy says: Jan 6, 2010 5:56 PM

Come on, sounds like garbage. Why would the rental company have a credit card and not use it to charge him while he kept the car?
    For Terry to be out stealing cars, he would have to be a real mental case. And if so, time will tell.
    In the meantime this will be sorted out and the rental company can probably expect a lawsuit of some kind.
    Next!

39. AbeFreshly says: Jan 6, 2010 5:58 PM

What? Another broke, former NFL player reduced to being a criminal, & in trouble with the law?
    Jamarcus Russell, behold thy future…

40. JimmySmith says: Jan 6, 2010 6:11 PM

So Percy is really a girl? Isn’t that sweet, hey Percy, post some naked pictures of yourself so we can finally say that being a viking fan does have one redeeming quality, even if your face is ugly as Brent Favre’s hairy ass.

41. manofaiki says: Jan 6, 2010 6:12 PM

How many current Cowboy players have been arrested the past 3 seasons?
    Just keeping count if you guys are going to keep bringing up this ‘former Cowboy player’ BS.

42. packers4life says: Jan 6, 2010 6:16 PM

“Another fine example of the long term damage that is caused from spending time in GreenBay WI. Johnny Ray Jolly Jr likes the purple syrup.Najeh Davenport started pooping in strange places.Mark Chmura starred in To Catch a Predator.Matthew Dorsett became a kidnapper.Ross Verba took to gambling. Now Terry Glenn is a thief. Favre was on pills and booze. Green Bay is a very dangerous place to spend time…the writings on the wall. What will Clay Mathews do?”
    Let’s give it up for the great citizens of Minnesota. Fred Smoot for hosting a sex party on Lake Minnetoka. Bryant McKinnie fighting at a night club. Randy Moss ramming a cop car. Darrion Scott putting a bag over his kid’s head. Onterrio Smith carrying a Whizznator through a Minneapolis airport. Carl Eller beating up cops. Eramus James punching a friend at a bar. Adrian Peterson AND Bernard Berrian caught speeding.

43. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 6, 2010 6:58 PM

toe to toe bird said
    “It’s just like they say, you can take the player out of the Cowboys, but you can’t take the Cowboy out of the player.”
    Sounds like you have experience with Cowboys in you.
    How precious.

44. roscoe says: Jan 7, 2010 2:02 AM

“toe-to-toe bird law says:
    January 6, 2010 5:20 PM
    Yet he was most recently a Patriot??? Two words you idiotic Philthadelphia fan….Mike Vick.