Boldin feels a "a lot better" than last week

A.Boldin.jpgAnquan Boldin missed one game on the way to the Super Bowl last year, and the Cardinals didn’t seem to miss him.

They also didn’t miss him when they put up 51 points against Green Bay last week, which included a breakout game by Early Doucet.  Still, the Cardinals would love to have him back and there are signs he could return against the Saints.

Boldin sat out practice Tuesday, but said he felt “a lot better” and “definitely” optimistic that he could play against the Saints.   Linebacker Gerald Hayes was also seen with a walking boot on.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Injuries, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
20 Responses to “Boldin feels a "a lot better" than last week”
  1. Jack Factor says: Jan 12, 2010 5:21 PM

He could have played last week as no one would have touched him – and I am a Packers fan – Yeesh.

2. afiresnake says: Jan 12, 2010 5:23 PM

One question: The top article being visible on the homepage but not immediately on the latest rumors and news: Is that a caching issue with the servers (hamsters not fast enough?) or geared to driving more clicks?
    I go directly to latest rumors, and btw use a banner blocker and never see any ads:)

3. Pervy__Harvin says: Jan 12, 2010 5:29 PM

Boldin is so over-rated, Shanco is top flight over this scumbag,however he is pretty decent at blocking but can’t catch a ball if his life depended on it,look challenge me if you wish I will soon have my NFL site opened and I already have 3 investors,1 EAS Sports. Go ahead haters and jealous fudgepacker fans start hatin.
    SKOL

4. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 12, 2010 5:38 PM

Wouldn’t it be great to see the Cardinals do it again this year? I don’t know why but I cannot help but be a fan of Kurt Warner and Fitzgerald. I dont thinkt he Saints or the Vikings are really that good right now and think they are both vulnerable.

5. nowathand says: Jan 12, 2010 5:41 PM

It’s pretty easy to overrate the NFL’s all-time leader in yards per game. Q runs better routes than Shiancoe, drops fewer passes than Shiancoe, and breaks tackles better than Visanthe Shiancoe. In fact, you could say Anquan is a combination of Visanthe Shiancoe and Percy Harvin.
    586 catches in 95 games. Can’t catch a ball to save his life but made the play of the year against Minnesota.

6. jackers252 says: Jan 12, 2010 5:53 PM

“The Saints pass rush doesn’t scare anyone, so another shootout could be on tap Saturday.”
    Yeah, they are only tied for 9th in the league in sacks, and Gregg Williams’ exotic blitz packages from all positions on the field only led 26 interceptions (3rd in the league). Not to mention Will Smith and his 13 sacks (2nd in the NFC) or the Saints top three cornerbacks missing half of the year.
    Really….really…..

7. BigTrav03 says: Jan 12, 2010 5:54 PM

Anquan=Play of the Year vs. Minnesota??
    Did you see Favre throw the ball to Greg Lewis??
    You’re better than that nowathand…

8. Boudin says: Jan 12, 2010 5:55 PM

Will Smith had a season very similar to Jared Allen’s, without the benefit of feasting on Green Bay two games early on, and the Saints pass rush doesn’t scare anyone?
    with both starting CBs back, and the secondary as a whole completely healthy, i guarantee Kurt Warner will have fear in his eyes.

9. scomibord says: Jan 12, 2010 5:55 PM

# Pervy__Harvin says: January 12, 2010 5:29 PM
    SKOL
    The real Pervy is in the house!!!

10. danielcp0303 says: Jan 12, 2010 5:57 PM

In another NBC note: Profootballtalk will be moving to 12:05, just to make Jay Leno seem relevant.

11. broncosfan1129 says: Jan 12, 2010 5:58 PM

Cardinals OVER Saints

12. Bob S. says: Jan 12, 2010 6:31 PM

As good as he is, Cards under Whisenhunt after last week are now 7-1 in games Boldin did not start.

13. slizz says: Jan 12, 2010 6:32 PM

I remember Joe Buck muttering something like the Cardinals are 5-1 without Boldin in the lineup before the Green Bay game started…so chalk this one up as a “L” should he play…lol

14. Pervy__Harvin says: Jan 12, 2010 8:25 PM

It’s funny people challenge my NFL mind but I always leave them in the dust,Rodgers=Bust!Bring it!

15. pm18=goat says: Jan 12, 2010 8:35 PM

If Warner is heating up and Boldin is felling better, WATCH OUT FOR THE CARDS….AGAIN

16. Pervy__Harvin says: Jan 12, 2010 8:42 PM

I own you all, get over it!I am your worst nightmare like the Vikes vs the NFL.We own the future of the NFL and we are setting standards for years to come,I can almost bet that the Vikes make such an impact on the house that it is written in the rule book that purple is a color that takes place of the blue in the logo and shoes worn by other teams must have purple in them or huge fine!Mark it!Morons!
    SKOL VIKES! The Future and the Present!

17. lskynard87 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:52 PM

Boldin didn’t make as big of a play as Nate Poole did, when knocking the Vikings out of playoff contention several years ago.
    If Boldin did something against the Vikes, I missed it.

18. RaiderChile says: Jan 12, 2010 9:55 PM

Will the Raiders make a run for that guy? Franchise then trade Seymour to the Cards a 2nd round pick for 2012 and get Boldin.

19. Cardsfan81 says: Jan 13, 2010 11:26 AM

Anquan Boldin will play and probably play well. If targeted, Q will han an impact on the outcome of the game. He dominated in the Vikings game. Just owned there secondary.

20. Jimsjam33 says: Jan 15, 2010 7:03 PM

Doucet wanted it bad and played like a man possessed against the Packers . He had spark , pozazz , and a natural nastieness that good receivers need . Boldin ? I don’t know if he wants it bad enough . The Cardinals shouldn’t break up what worked . For me Doucet first and put Boldin in reserve !
    The Team baby ! That’s all that counts .