Pennsylvania woman claims she was assaulted by Eagles fans

A Bethlehem, Pennsylvania woman claims that two Eagles fans cut her face on Friday night because she was wearing a Tony Romo jersey.

The Eagles and Romo’s Dallas Cowboys played on Saturday night.

Jamie Wert claims that, as she was entering a convenience store, two men wearing Eagles’ jerseys said from behind her, “Hey, Romo.”  She says that when she turned around, she was struck with an object that cut her face.

I had blood running down my neck, all down the front of my shirt,” Wert said, according to FOX 29.

But the video doesn’t include images of the blood-stained jersey.

“When I came home I had to wash everything off,” she said.  “It was scary.”

But it wasn’t scary enough to keep her from hanging over the porch to her home a sign that said “Kill the Birds” and “Go Cowboys.”

Wert wasn’t able to describe the alleged assailants in much detail beyond the fact that they were wearing Eagles jerseys.  In the FOX 29 video, Wert’s face was partially covered with a bandage, and she at no point revealed the injury.

For some reason, we have a feeling that the wound (if there is one) looks like a backward R.

Permalink 189 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
189 Responses to “Pennsylvania woman claims she was assaulted by Eagles fans”
  1. WashingtonRedstorms says: Jan 12, 2010 7:55 PM

I am a completely stunned……………..
    Eagle Fans are so kind…

2. WashingtonRedstorms says: Jan 12, 2010 7:58 PM

Whats even sadder is that these are men abusing women.
    Eagle fans are vermin and cowards. There will be a green light on any persons wearing your putrid logo in America.
    We always knew you were cowards and child molesters, now we have proof.
    The death of this franchise is coming soon.

3. Bob Loblaw says: Jan 12, 2010 7:58 PM

Not saying she deserved that, but she should have known better.

4. The Real Shuxion says: Jan 12, 2010 7:58 PM

Shocker.

5. Alzado's Vein says: Jan 12, 2010 7:59 PM

Eagles fans are the scum of the earth, which is why the Eagles will never win a Superbowl. Bunch of low life losers.

6. thediesel28 says: Jan 12, 2010 7:59 PM

Hahaha philly fans…

7. hay1111 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:00 PM

yeah, and? you have all the freedom of expression you can want but there are consequences that come with that freedom. besides, she should have known better than to wear that around those animals

8. Bob Loblaw says: Jan 12, 2010 8:03 PM

I was thinking about that McCain supporter’s hoax as soon as I read the first paragraph. Hopefully it is a lie, but you never know. Especially in Philly.

9. pugdog1228 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:05 PM

What a stupid post. If I put on a Cowboy jersey and shoot a congressman would the headline read “Cowboy fan kills congressman”? As a Philadelphian and Philly sports fan, I am sick of this crap. When the Dodgers played the Phillies Dodger fans (Gang Members) were literally knifing Phillies fans in the stands…. no media. But, one lady runs into 2 idiots in Bethelehem and it’s jump on Philly fan time. I am sick of it.

10. Kam88 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:05 PM

Yep sounds like typical Eagles fans

11. TheWontonMan says: Jan 12, 2010 8:06 PM

Oh please! She should be thankful she didn’t have an Irvin jersey on!

12. Gruden the Guru says: Jan 12, 2010 8:06 PM

Did she have a backwards B carved into her face?

13. DJSlyBri says: Jan 12, 2010 8:07 PM

Oh stop it. This happens everywhere. I have traveled to away games and even Cardinals “fans” get out of hand. Don’t even begin to act like this is exclusive to Philly. (Of course, this lady might not even be telling the truth).
    How about Bears fans blinding that Steelers fan, for example? I don’t recall much outrage around here on that one.

14. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:08 PM

As a Cowboys fan and HUGE Eagle hater….. this woman is full of crap.

15. Ravenmaniac says: Jan 12, 2010 8:08 PM

News flash….news flash……

16. Duck Fallas says: Jan 12, 2010 8:08 PM

WashingtonRedstorms says:
    January 12, 2010 7:58 PM
    Whats even sadder is that these are men abusing women.
    We always knew you were cowards and child molesters, now we have proof.
    The death of this franchise is coming soon.
    —————————————————-
    Yea, because all Eagles fans condone such behavior. Nice try troll. Go ahead and try to act on that “green light”

17. silverreign says: Jan 12, 2010 8:09 PM

my 14 year old brother (panthers fan) was mugged by a bunch of eagles fans after a football game.

18. Ross'sSweetMinus says: Jan 12, 2010 8:09 PM

I always said that for the most part Eagles fans are low class. Its a low class city.

19. dpa6 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:12 PM

Eagles fans suck, just like their team does in the playoffs. Karma is a #@%#@.
    On second thought, maybe I would be a total $@%@ head if I lived in that hellhole that they call a Philadelphia.

20. Fike Mlorio says: Jan 12, 2010 8:13 PM

cowboys fans should move out of philly, not saying she deserved that, but seriously, go move to dallas

21. FloriosPhillyFan says: Jan 12, 2010 8:14 PM

Washington Redstorms/Alzandos Vein,
    You’re generalizing thousands of people to an action from one person. Your ignorance is unbelievable.
    Go F yourselves.

22. Gergie says: Jan 12, 2010 8:14 PM

Eagle fans, you say……

23. db3300 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:14 PM

I’m sure there are some good people who live in Philly. I’ve just never seen them. If I never have to visit that hell-hole again, I’ll die a happy man.

24. robertamberg says: Jan 12, 2010 8:14 PM

Unfortunately, wearing opponent’s jerseys and colors is akin to gang colors provoking this kind of a response. I have had problems in other cities as well.
    It is sad in a supposedly free country to have to hide your loyalties when travelling but it is clearly the most rational choice.
    When did things change so much? Why are games enough to cause someone to hurt people?

25. pkrlvr says: Jan 12, 2010 8:15 PM

Worst fans in the biz……

26. Fapplejax says: Jan 12, 2010 8:16 PM

She was kinda askin for it

27. Contra says: Jan 12, 2010 8:16 PM

Damn…the officially puts Eagles fans in a tie with Raiders fans.

28. bornman3 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:16 PM

This sounds so bogus. I know Eagles fans have a bad rap, but you can’t believe everything you hear.

29. Stinson says: Jan 12, 2010 8:20 PM

Cowboys fans are always clamoring for attention.

30. Merton Hanks says: Jan 12, 2010 8:22 PM

Well she probably was.

31. The Real Shuxion says: Jan 12, 2010 8:25 PM

The Scarlet Letter???
    HE HE HE………..Book humor.

32. Fike Mlorio says: Jan 12, 2010 8:26 PM

hey you guys are idiots, you see one philly fan acting like an idiot and claim that all philly fans are the scum of the earth, there are idiots in every city but if it happens in philly it becomes a story, you jackasses who judge all philly fans because of a couple morons are probably the most judgmental hypocrites in the country, Alzado’s Vein, you are the scum of the earth, and you are vermin and a coward washington redstorms, big shot calling people out on the internet, say that to my face you loser

33. casper67 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:26 PM

Eagles fans are the worst…what a bunch of pussies…

34. Stinemonster says: Jan 12, 2010 8:26 PM

Classy fans.
    Maybe they were dumb enough to think they had Romo. Then she turned around.

35. dmciggle says: Jan 12, 2010 8:27 PM

What is this story got to do with this site. An unsubstantiated rumor about something that did not happen at a football game.

36. Eagles4life says: Jan 12, 2010 8:27 PM

Blah blah blah. I don’t condone the acts of these chumps. It’s pathetic. But don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. Not all Eagles fans are as pathetic as these guys. Personally, I think harassment of a person wearing another teams jersey should be limited to in the stadium or around the stadium on game day…. WHO WEARS A COWBOYS JERSEY IN PHILLY!? It’s like all the people that tell me New Orleans isn’t safe because they know someone got mugged down there! I’ve been here for 7 years and never had an incident. How is that possible? Because I don’t put myself in stupid situations!
    Either way, to the lady who was harmed by the cowards that give true, classy eagles fans a bad name… Sorry. I hope the cops can get the guys.

37. SkeeterK says: Jan 12, 2010 8:28 PM

This incident occurred, therefore every Eagles fan is a bad person. Makes sense.

38. Hugh says: Jan 12, 2010 8:28 PM

Santa Clause says:
    January 12, 2010 8:28 PM
    I am truely surprised!

39. CanadianVikingFan says: Jan 12, 2010 8:29 PM

Raider fans have competition.

40. toonster says: Jan 12, 2010 8:30 PM

Mike,
    Love visiting your blog, but your wording almost makes it seem like you think “she asked for it”. I’m not sure you intended that, but irregardless of her actions in showing her Cowboys support, there’s no excuse if this incident occurred as stated.
    Btw, seriously with the generalizations on Eagles fans? All fan bases have morons. I’m not an Eagles fan, and I certainly know the history of Philly fans, but geesh.

41. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 8:32 PM

0-3gle fans are so tough, sucker punching a woman like that. Cue the “I have no idea why we’re considered the worst fans!” bleatings.
    “In the FOX 29 video, Wert’s face was partially covered with a bandage, and she at no point revealed the injury.”
    Right, because it would have been a good idea to remove the sterile bandage and expose it to the filthy Pennsylvania air. Maybe you should investigate, Florio. Anything to keep from having to write an article on how the Cowboys punked the 0-3gles twice in the span of six days, taking the division in the first game and their pride in the second game with an “undrafted slappy that doesn’t have the intelligence or drive to be a high-end NFL QB” at QB.
    P.S. Please pick the Vikings this weekend.

42. kjl451 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:33 PM

Eagles fans are the best. I love you Philly guys. Cockiest boys out there. Keep it up, love you boys. Most entertaining fans of any sports team.

43. gaklein says: Jan 12, 2010 8:33 PM

I think she’s full of shite.

44. BroadStreetBully9286 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:34 PM

lol@everyone assuming it’s true.

45. Ralph Gre Nader says: Jan 12, 2010 8:35 PM

WashingtonRedstorms says: January 12, 2010 7:58 PM
    “…We always knew you were cowards and child molesters, now we have proof.”
    No, you don’t. What you have is an article from a football blog and an outlandish claim purporting to have evidence about alleged sexual assault with no basis whatsoever for making that claim. Had you walked into a jailhouse full of sex offenders with anxiety disorders then your statement would have made a touch more sense.

46. Mavpa says: Jan 12, 2010 8:37 PM

She shoulda gone all the way with it and just claimed it was Eagles players who did it.

47. ppdoc13 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:38 PM

You people like Alzado’s Vein and Washington Redstoms who are willing to tar and feather all the fans of the Eagles because of the actions of a couple of stupid people are JUST AS BAD as the idiots who perpetrated the crime. Just look at what you miscreants wrote. You need to see a psychiatrist for your issues.
    It sounds like the woman is a real credit to society as well having a sign on her home saying Kill the Birds. And while that in NO WAY gives anyone the right to assault her, you have to question her intelligence and whether or not she was looking to poke a stick into a hornets nest.
    I am a Ravens fan. I can’t stand the Steelers or their fans because I find many of them obnoxious boors. But I also have a number of friends who love the Steelers. It would never cross my mind to hurt someone who is wearing a Steelers jersey. I might tease them about it. I may tell them that I think the Steelers and their fans are all stupid, but I certainly wouldn’t assault any and I also certainly wouldn’t generalize my feelings to every person in the world that liked Black and Gold.
    These idiots need to get a life. It is a game. And while we wrap ourselves up in it, this is the perfect example of taking it way way to far. Both the victim, the accused, and the idiots who write their tripe on this forum.

48. Pervy_Harvin says: Jan 12, 2010 8:38 PM

I don’t believe her. Why does Philly get such a bad rap? I ,being an Iowa boy,fought on the Meldrick Taylor-Glenwood Brown WBA title fight undercard at Philadelphia’s Convention Hall in 1992. They were good people. Bad people everywhere.

49. VoxVagina says: Jan 12, 2010 8:38 PM

Oh right, cause 2 asshole Eagles fans means we’re all like that, right?
    @Alzado’s vein and WashingtonRedstorms
    If they were fans of any other team nobody would’ve cared. And yeah Alzado’s Vein, the few jerk fans means the team won’t ever win a Super Bowl. Some people don’t even think before they spit dumbass comments based of what they hear from the media.
    Every team has asshole fans. It’s the Eagles fans that make it into the news though. Sad, really. Most of us are really not bad.

50. F-Dallas says: Jan 12, 2010 8:41 PM

One easy way to avoid the attack:
    DON’T WEAR THE DALLAS JERSEY!

51. supermonkey321 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:42 PM

While Eagles fans often do go too far, I have to agree with Florio’s assertion on this one that the story may be a little less than true. I’ll believe it when I see the wound.

52. Big Tex says: Jan 12, 2010 8:42 PM

To quote the late, great Warren Oates as Sgt. Hulka in “Stripes”, “Gutless punk!”

53. XxGoCanesxX says: Jan 12, 2010 8:42 PM

Quick, cue all the Cowboys, Packers, and Vikings fans who live on here to chime in with their 2 cents and talk about how bad philly is, and how that team will be out of the league within 5 years or some other failed logic.

54. FBGeek77 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:42 PM

Even as a Boys fan, I have my doubts about this. No revealing the injury, no blood on the jersey … Did she call the cops? Did she go to the hospital?
    My gut says this is the backwards B hoax all over again. What is it about PA that attracts this particular kind of nonsense?

55. WashingtonRedstorms says: Jan 12, 2010 8:43 PM

So if a child wears a Cowboys jersey he should know better when a criminal Eagle fan punches him in the face??
    These wimps would of never said anything if these wear men who were bigger than them.
    This is classic picking on the weak.
    Eagle fans are child molesters……

56. New Calfornia Stadiums says: Jan 12, 2010 8:44 PM

Philly is just full of horrible people, not even surprised
    So happy the Eagles always get their asses kicked come playoff time

57. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 8:46 PM

“yeah, and? you have all the freedom of expression you can want but there are consequences that come with that freedom.”
    You’re an idiot. This wasn’t a “consequence”. It was an assault. Two guys on one girl. A “consequence” would be if people started kicking the birdshit out of lowbrow 0-3gles fans on-sight over this and all the other crap they’ve pulled over the years.

58. trickbunny says: Jan 12, 2010 8:47 PM

Eagles fans are obnoxious. The sky is blue. Water is wet. Fire is hot.
    Kinda all goes together.

59. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 8:49 PM

“No, you don’t. What you have is an article from a football blog and an outlandish claim”
    Right, “outlandish” because everybody knows that 0-3gle fans are kind and gentle creatures.

60. WhySoSerious says: Jan 12, 2010 8:49 PM

Funny how Philly fans are asking that these guys not be used as example of all Philly fans, yet they go and use Vox, and other fairweather fans as examples of all Dallas fans.
    Sucks for the lady that this happened. She shouldve known that there are cowardly pieces of shit running around waiting to sting that ass.

61. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 8:51 PM

“One easy way to avoid the attack:”
    Move out of the filthy industrial waste dumping ground known as Pennsylvania?

62. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 8:52 PM

“Oh right, cause 2 asshole Eagles fans means we’re all like that, right? ”
    Not just that. Also the snowballs, batteries, pissy snowballs, fighting, and general lowbrow attitude play into it.

63. wrath4771 says: Jan 12, 2010 8:56 PM

Philly fans are the scum of the Earth and not just the Eagle fans. This is also the same city of morons that punch out people at hockey games, boo Santa and arguably the best third baseman in the history of baseball. If it was up to me (and be glad it isn’t) I’d move the Liberty Bell and then nuke Philadelphia from orbit – it’s the only way to be sure.

64. TampaJoey says: Jan 12, 2010 8:56 PM

stop the presses…. Philadelphia fans are idiots. Who knew?

65. TommyEhrlich says: Jan 12, 2010 8:56 PM

Cool, my home town just got mentioned on pft! Also, the Eagles training camp is in Bethlehem…Go Dolphins

66. pdxbolt4life says: Jan 12, 2010 8:56 PM

If she was walking into a convenience store I assume there’s video evidence of this assualt?? Big brother watches everything nowadays you know…and any respectable FOX affiliate would have obtained this correct??

67. ACDC84 says: Jan 12, 2010 9:04 PM

Were they wearing Todd Stinkston jerseys??

68. ninerblitz says: Jan 12, 2010 9:06 PM

It takes a real man (or men) to attack a defenseless woman with weapons. While this type of thing happens in our land of freedom and equality, ultimately it will make things bad for all of us. This is the way to punish the few idiots that engage in these savage activities. To sum it up until we learn how to respect one another as individuals, prejudice and hate crimes will continue to exist. I really sad for our children.

69. spanky2525 says: Jan 12, 2010 9:07 PM

“Vox, come on up to Philly, bring your Magic cards and your dorky, virgin friends, and see what happens. Maybe you guys can come up for the next comic book convention or something”
    Yeah, I put that above in quotes, but I wrote it, just to mock Vox and his stupid method of putting everything people write in quotes, and then responding to it below.
    Vox, I have said it before, and I will say it again: You play Magic cards, so no one cares about your personal opinion on professional football. Stick to what you know goober. And try to get laid, chicks are really turned on by Magic cards, espescially hot chicks.

70. Hooby says: Jan 12, 2010 9:09 PM

“eagles fans have no class”
    i agree that there are eagles fans that go too far but to say all fans are classless is a blaring generalization.
    im not convinced this is real, she probably just got harrassed and took it too badly. if i see definitive proof, none of which is given or written about in this article, ill believe it.

71. trigzter says: Jan 12, 2010 9:10 PM

casper67…feel free to come to philly and tell us that to our faces.

72. TommyEhrlich says: Jan 12, 2010 9:12 PM

73. Romo Romeo Romano says: Jan 12, 2010 9:15 PM

Vox.
    Could you please just take a nice dose of Shut the F up pills.
    In fact. Overdose.
    Because in reality.
    No one really cares what you have to say to their particular comment.
    @ This Story=>
    I wanted to see a police report filed before this is taken seriously.

74. emmittsmithfan22 says: Jan 12, 2010 9:16 PM

Eagle fans would kill thier children if they decide they like another team thats not the eagles

75. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 12, 2010 9:23 PM

That is why Philly fans are above and beyond the worst fans on the sporting planet. This particular situation is some idiot fan trying to get 10 minutes of fame and creating the worst story since balloon boy.

76. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Jan 12, 2010 9:28 PM

FloriosPhillyFan says: January 12, 2010 8:14 PM
    Washington Redstorms/Alzandos Vein,
    Go F yourselves.
    ——————-
    They might be generalizations, but why is Philly the one place they say to never attend an NFL game at as the fan of another team? The NFL even warns family members of the opposing team to avoid attending games in Philly for fear of being a victim of violence. Broad generalization? Sure. Warranted? You bet.

77. CanadianVikingFan says: Jan 12, 2010 9:31 PM

wrath4771 says:
    January 12, 2010 8:56 PM
    __________________________
    Dude, cockroaches live through those things. You have to come up with a new plan.

78. INVAIDUH says: Jan 12, 2010 9:40 PM

Bethlum me ol’ hometown Is mosdef not Philly..

79. NoKoolaidCowboy says: Jan 12, 2010 9:42 PM

As a ‘Boys fan, I’d like to wait until all the facts come out. And if she did this to herself it would be silly to write her off as typical of those that follow the Silver and Blue.
    Now on the other hand, if she did not make this up – it is sick that someone woulld go so far as to attack a woman over the team she roots for.
    Either way, nothing should surprise us anymore.

80. RaiderChile says: Jan 12, 2010 9:47 PM

Dumb ass Cowboys fan what do you expect from Philly fans!?

81. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 9:55 PM

spanky2525, I don’t listen to metrosexuals.

82. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 9:56 PM

“if i see definitive proof, none of which is given or written about in this article, ill believe it.”
    nobody asked you to believe it, lowbrow.

83. whocaresaboutdallas says: Jan 12, 2010 9:57 PM

I love all these people bashing philly and state of PA. Please going forward when you bash philly on this post, please tell us your town and your team. I am sure we will get a laugh.
    I am sure there are few Cowboys fans on here that live in OK or AL living on top of a Walmart smoking meth.
    Please stop hiding behind your posts…..come out.

84. JJCheesehead says: Jan 12, 2010 9:57 PM

instead of saying….”i wouldnt even wish that on my worst enemy” i am going to start saying “i wouldnt even wish that on an eagles fan”
    their lives are so depressing in philadephia that they wait til youre on their turf, when they couldnt possibly be outnumbered, and then they bully you.
    congratulations philly! only here would it take 1.5 million retards to hurt anyone.

85. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 9:58 PM

“Could you please just take a nice dose of Shut the F up pills.”
    Ooh, tough talk from a Philly lowbrow. You realize that I’m a guy, and as such not anything that you want to mess with unless you have 10 other cowardly lowbrows with you, right?

86. bunker says: Jan 12, 2010 9:58 PM

doesn’t exactly qualify as “breaking news”

87. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 9:59 PM

“I wanted to see a police report filed before this is taken seriously.”
    This isn’t enough for you, genius? Pretty good indication that cops were called.
    “Police said they’re now looking for the two men wearing the Eagles shirts in connection with the assault”

88. mikenjess143 says: Jan 12, 2010 10:03 PM

Unbelievable..To think such a great group of average people could be accused of something like that…
    Seriously to the city of Philadelphia.. Its Fan
    NOT Fanatic.
    Classless. Disrespectful. Losers.

89. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 12, 2010 10:04 PM

“casper67…feel free to come to philly and tell us that to our faces. ”
    E-THUG!!! E-THUG!!!
    Stupid Philthy fan.

90. Deb says: Jan 12, 2010 10:04 PM

Oh good grief!!
    1. If you wear a Cowboys jersey in Philly, you’re asking to be assaulted? What if you’re wearing shorts in front of a man who thinks women must wear dresses? Don’t go there. No one “asks” to be assaulted.
    2. The behavior of 2 low-lifes is not an indictment of a city, a team, or thousands of fans. All teams have some low-life fans.
    3. No one saw the attack. No one saw the bloody jersey. No one saw the wound. Anyone can slap on a bandage. This isn’t “proof” of anything.

91. TRAMO says: Jan 12, 2010 10:05 PM

Vicks dogs needed a advocate like FLORIO. YEA RIGHT

92. Florio is a Hack says: Jan 12, 2010 10:08 PM

Great logic: ‘well, don’t wear your team’s colors and you won’t get knifed’. Eagles fans have such a hatred and jealousy of other teams they cannot even show basic tolerance or anything approaching respect.
    The entire Eagles organization is classless- the website director wasn’t disciplined for filming himself spitting on the star and putting it on the Philthy website.
    And Philly fans have the nerve to act all surprised the rest of the country thinks they’re filth? You’re reaping what you’ve sown for so long.

93. TRAMO says: Jan 12, 2010 10:09 PM

When you lay with dogs you get fleas or better yet When you lay with dog killers you get your butt kicked 3 times in one season!

94. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 12, 2010 10:11 PM

“I couldn’t believe they cheered when Michael Irvin got hurt,” said Donovan McNabb, the team’s No. 1 pick who was nearly booed off the stage by Eagles fans attending the draft. “You don’t know what to expect from them.”
    Michael Zellman, an 18-year-old fan from Philadelphia, said he won’t attend Eagles games anymore.
    “If you’re not wearing the right jersey, you’re guaranteed to get beat up,” Zellman said.
    Fans are so rowdy that a municipal judge holds court during games to charge offenders on the spot.
    “If I want to go to a game, I go to another city. I go to New York or Baltimore,” said a 78-year-old fan who insisted on not giving his name. “I don’t want my name to go on anything that has to do with this city, the way these people act.”
    On Nov. 10, 1997, a fan shot a flare gun across the field into the stands during a nationally televised Monday night game against the San Francisco 49ers. Fans pelted national TV broadcasters with snowballs during a Cowboys-Eagles game in 1989. Santa Claus was booed and pelted with snowballs during a game between the Eagles and Minnesota in 1968.
    This year, fans threw batteries at St. Louis Cardinals outfielder J.D. Drew, expressing their anger that he didn’t sign with the Phillies after they drafted him in 1997.
    No one is safe. Mike Schmidt, one of the best third basemen in baseball history, was booed for much of his career with the Phillies.
    “Ron Jaworski told me one time that he had completed like 14 passes in a row, and on the 15th one he had an incompletion and they booed him,” said Randall Cunningham, the Eagles’ star quarterback from 1985-95.
    Irvin, who stayed overnight in the spinal trauma unit of a Philadelphia hospital with swelling in his spine near the base of his skull, was released Monday and flew home. The Cowboys are optimistic he’ll play again this season.
    “There’s no excuse for what we did,” Rendell said.

95. j$$ says: Jan 12, 2010 10:15 PM

Since when did Pennsylvania become the most dirty state? I thought that was New Jersey.
    They weren’t complete scum… they felt bad it was a girl…

96. JimmySmith says: Jan 12, 2010 10:18 PM

No wonder they signed Micheal Vick, the fans needed someone they could relate to.
    Throwing snowballs at Santa, now beating up girls, what’s next, shooting babies?

97. SlaveToBankers says: Jan 12, 2010 10:20 PM

Pennsylvania woman claims she was assaulted by Eagles fans
    …AND BIGFOOT ATE HER GRANDMA!! News at 11!
    Sigh, just one more crazy liar given a podium and spotlight by Fux news.

98. coz says: Jan 12, 2010 10:23 PM

eagles fans are the only fans more dumb that jets fans

99. JoeSixPack says: Jan 12, 2010 10:28 PM

This isn’t surprising. Eagles fans are weird.
    Haven’t you ever seen that faraway look they get whenever “Desperado” comes on the radio?

100. Deb says: Jan 12, 2010 10:36 PM

@Chunky Soup …
    Okay, that was funny!

101. scrapdawg12 says: Jan 12, 2010 10:41 PM

Who wears a Tony Homo jersey anyways? Second, Why would you wear it in Eagle country? What a ditz

102. Hooby says: Jan 12, 2010 10:48 PM

florio did you post this just so you could watch the madness that ensues? this isnt breaking news, its not even news. its a crime. do you all associate jodie foster with the reagan assassination attempt? no, the guys a sick person and was overly obsessed with something.
    odds are theres people like this for everything.
    assuming of course it actually happened. maybe, florio, if you want to be a good journalist, you could post a follow up when/if they find out it was real or fake.

103. God's Own Silver and Blue says: Jan 12, 2010 10:52 PM

Put a Beagles cap on this jamoke and you’ve got the perfect Philly fan.

104. DarkBrownBro says: Jan 12, 2010 10:57 PM

Ralph Gre Nader says:
    January 12, 2010 8:35 PM
    WashingtonRedstorms says: January 12, 2010 7:58 PM
    “…We always knew you were cowards and child molesters, now we have proof.”
    *******************************************
    Or if you walked into THE VET OR THE LINC

105. Lowes_Islander says: Jan 12, 2010 11:03 PM

In 1983, my dad and I went to the Vet to see the Cowboys play the Eagles. I was 6. My dad had a Staubach jersey on, and and Eagles fan threw a beer bottle and hit him in the head, requiring 14 stitches. Completely unprovoked attack. City of Brotherly love my ass.

106. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 12, 2010 11:10 PM

The telling thing about this: even if it turns out to be fake, it’s so believable that a philthy fan WOULD do something like this that no one is flat out dismissing it.
    And if there was a backwards ” R” it would even make it more believable.

107. Favre On HGH says: Jan 12, 2010 11:18 PM

Part that was left out was when the first guy left to get his friend because he was scared to attack her alone.

108. vikestwinswild1 says: Jan 12, 2010 11:20 PM

I remember in January of 2004 a friend of mine who’s a Packer fan went to the Packers @ Eagles playoff game that season and he said he would never go back to Philadelphia again. He said the fans were not just rude but very violent. Didn’t appreciate death threats from Eagles fans just for wearing a different jersey. This is something that would never happen in Pittsburgh. They’re Pennsylvania football fans that actually know how to behave.

109. Abe71 says: Jan 12, 2010 11:36 PM

Makes perfect sense….the Eagles can’t beat the Cowboys so might as well beat on Cowboy fans. LMFAO!

110. hendeeze says: Jan 12, 2010 11:41 PM

Whoa Whoa Whoa, Tuff guy eagles fans beating on a woman? You don’t say? Shes is lucky all she got was a cut. They are eagles fans, it coulda been much worse.

111. Vet735 says: Jan 12, 2010 11:43 PM

Bensalem huh? She must have missed her last trailer payment and has concocted this affair to stave off eviction.

112. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 12, 2010 11:55 PM

actually even with the attack this woman beat the philly fans 34-14.

113. annetally says: Jan 13, 2010 2:21 AM

To all you philly “men” who say she deserved this for wearing an opposing teams jersey, no doubt you’re the same “men”who believe a woman wearing a mini-skirt is asking to be raped. You’re weak little cowards picking on women because you’d never have the stones to face a man. Well, unless you have snow and batteries. Stay classy.

114. baugh316 says: Jan 13, 2010 2:40 AM

There is no way this is true, granted Eagles fans are wild. This is as transparent as the oil stain on the play book in Andy Reid’s office. She has some deep seeded psychological issues that require her to strive for constant attention. It is a shame that she played on the negative image of Eagles’ fans to call attention away from her apparent injury and ultimately fraudulent behavior. Just look at the post for proof on that. This just another in a long line of backward B’s, run away jiffy pop hot air balloons and tragically, Susan Smith.

115. Roboto says: Jan 13, 2010 5:33 AM

Ha!

116. shadowman1433 says: Jan 13, 2010 7:46 AM

Eagles fans = pathetic losers

117. kravon says: Jan 13, 2010 8:04 AM

Is this NFL in the US or Soccer in Angola?
    Come on people, its just a damn game.

118. Popeye says: Jan 13, 2010 8:08 AM

Eagles fans are what everyone knows they are…..scumbags…plain and simple. The worst fans in the NFL. Low rent trash….sitting home once again while other teams play for a ring…..

119. Steeler-lady says: Jan 13, 2010 8:19 AM

well roboto dont start the broad bs either.. I would say the same if this happened to a man… Noone should have to deal with that bs just becus they like another team..
    I like to talk smack with opposing team fan bases but i would never physically harm someone just BECUS of their choice in another team.Just absurd.

120. Branephood says: Jan 13, 2010 8:22 AM

I wear my Cowboys jersey in the heart of Redskin territory all the time and not once has one of their chump fans given me a hard time and they truly are the scum of the Earth…
    Philly fans must be whatever’s underneath the scum of the Earth…”Sting Dey Ass” indeed haha losers….

121. raw B says: Jan 13, 2010 8:40 AM

Popeye says:
    January 13, 2010 8:08 AM
    STFU, First off this is the first time in a long time we are at home – Remember when we sent you home last year 44-6? yeah so we are even now bro. Vikings are gonna whoop that ass anyway.

122. AirlineGuy says: Jan 13, 2010 8:44 AM

F-Dallas says: January 12, 2010 8:41 PM
    One easy way to avoid the attack:
    DON’T WEAR THE DALLAS JERSEY!
    ———————–
    THug mentality

123. AirlineGuy says: Jan 13, 2010 8:47 AM

I’d like to see Florio’s take on this if it had been two Cowboy fans assaulting an Eagle fan. I think the story would go like this:
    “Two Dallas fans assault Eagles fan. A woman was grievously injured when two Cowboy fans attacked a woman wearing an Eagles jersey. The woman was unable to show the horrible injuries on camera, and the jersey is with the police as evidence. Dallas fans take out their past 13 years of frustration on this innocent woman who was just trying to buy groceries for her 3 young children and was ruthlessly attacked for no reason…”
    Florio is Dallas hater and can rot for all I care.

124. mmdd1111 says: Jan 13, 2010 8:52 AM

Hey Washingston Redstorms and the rest of you idiots, did you read the title only or did were you smart enough to read the ENTIRE story. Didn’t happen. The stupid Cowturd fan is making it up. Get a freaking clue. Oh never mind, you morons probably can’t read that well and couldn’t get past the title. That’s the kind of fans Dallas has, ones that have to make stuff up just to make Ealges fans look bad. I guess next you’ll bring up the stupid snowball incident that happened over 40 years ago. By the way, reporting a crime that didn’t happen is a CRIME. Typical stupid Boys fan.

125. kravon says: Jan 13, 2010 8:52 AM

man I needs to say something that Ive been thinking about.
    I aint no bandwagon cowboys fan. ive been a fan since aikman, emmitt, irvin and crew. yeah we had some down years (where I thought about not rooting for dallas, and I put my car flag away) but we back now, and I bought a new car flag!
    if you dont like us, then start watchin hockey, fools.

126. ray da nation says: Jan 13, 2010 9:00 AM

I live in bethlehem not far from where this happened. let me clear up some things based on what we know around here from local news and such. First, it was cold and windy and she had a hood on. she said when she was hit and the hood came off she could tell they were shocked that it was a woman. they didnt knowingly attack a woman. Second, on the local news she wasnt wearing a bandage and she had a scratch/cut on her face about an inch and a half long but didnt look to deep. this type of stuff happens all the time with all types of fans. sports bars across the country always have fights during football season. its nothing new. there have been news stories about dozens of women being harrassed and attacked at the medowlands by rowdey jets fans. cleavland fans threw bottles on the feild u think no one has ever been attacked in there?
    but lets face it, eagles fans do have the rep of being the dirtiest roughest fans in the leauge. so what do you expect from them??

127. gmenfan56892710 says: Jan 13, 2010 9:07 AM

Eagle fans are nothing but white trash! They make Jet fans look classy

128. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 9:10 AM

“No one saw the attack. No one saw the bloody jersey. No one saw the wound. ”
    And you know this exactly how?

129. fuhgyou says: Jan 13, 2010 9:12 AM

Just like the Cowboys the last thirteen years! (and next week…)

130. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 9:17 AM

“Geographically I live opposite the country of Philly”
    Hence the name “PhillyMike”. Poser. Naw, 0-3gle fans aren’t violent, and they don’t stalk people, either. Thtay in Than Franthithco, Nanthyboy.

131. the Shoeman says: Jan 13, 2010 9:17 AM

I don’t mind the “trash-talk” from Dallas FANS ..
    This shouldn’t of happend to anyone.
    but,,do the Cowboys-Nation forget their own ??
    TOP 10 DALLAS COWBOY ARRESTS OF ALL-TIME
    10. Rafael Septien: January 22, 1987 Former Cowboys kicker, Rafael Septien, was indicted in Dallas County, Texas on a charge of “indecency with a child.” He was accused of having sex with a 10-year-old girl,
    9. Dwayne Goodrich: January 15, 2003 On the evening of Jan. 14 , 2003 , defensive back Dwayne Goodrich, an active member of the Cowboys at the time, was arrested on two counts of vehicular manslaughter.
    8. Larry Bethea: August 1987 This former Cowboys defensive lineman was arrested and later convicted of stealing $ 64,000 from his own mother.
    7. Dexter Clinkscale 1998 arrested for having sexual relations and molesting an 18-year-old “boy” in 1998.
    6. Harvey Martin August 13, 1996 After “smoking crack all evening” this former end on the “Doomsday Defense” was arrested for domestic violence.
    5. Bob Hayes 1978 A couple of years after his playing career ended, former Cowboys star receiver Bob Hayes was arrested for distributing cocaine.
    4. Lance Rentzel 1970 This former star wide receiver was arrested for exposing himself to a 10-year-old girl.
    3. Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson November 8, 1983 In November of 1983 colorful former Cowboys linebacker Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson was arrested for smoking crack with two under-aged teenage girls. He was accused of threatening them with a gun and sexually assaulting them.
    2. Nate Newton November 4, 2001 Looking to expand his employment opportunities following his career as a hefty NFL offensive lineman, Nate Newton was arrested with 213 ponds of marijuana in his car.
    1. Michael Irvin March 4, 1996 The most famous Cowboy arrest of them all! (Like there was any doubt who was going to end up # 1 on this list!) Actually, Irvin would likely have multiple spots here but I tried to spread the wealth.
    In March of 1996 police burst through the door of Irvin’s hotel room. He was celebrating his 30th birthday and as police poured into the room Irvin was apparently snorting cocaine off of a stripper’s breast.
    After a circus trial (which Irvin attended wearing a full-length mink coat) ”The Playmaker” eventually plead “no contest” and was sentenced to community service, and ordered to pay a $ 10,000 fine .
    thanks for the moals lesson BIG D’

132. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 9:19 AM

“Seriously all this talk from someone whos home teams state has a crime rate 10 places higher”
    UKEagle? Seriously? Kill anybody lately, hooligan?

133. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 9:20 AM

“I have no problem with this. Anyone wearing a Tony Romo jersey deserves to have the $hit kicked out of him…..or her, in this case.”
    Tell it to 0-3gles players.

134. pkswally024 says: Jan 13, 2010 9:20 AM

“What a load of crap. When a person can’t wear a jersey of their team for fear they will get attacked, then it is time for Philly to get their fat cops out of the donut shops and back on the streets to protect the people.”
    are you serious… do you know how hard the wonderful men and women of the philly pd work for this city… I can’t think of anywhere i’d rather be then philly. I’ve met some of the greatest people in the world in this city and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. Don’t lump all of us in with a couple of idiots. Things like this happen all over the country, but when it happens in philly we are all scumbags.. 2200 and the parkway, come find me and call me a scumbag.

135. Chris Fiorentino says: Jan 13, 2010 9:22 AM

First, we had Mark McGwire stun the world with his admission of steroid use…now this? Are you kidding me? Eagles fans attacked a woman with a Dallas Cowboys jersey on? Say it ain’t so Eagles fans…say it ain’t so…….

136. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 9:22 AM

“Please everybody, when you are done your post, enlighten us – tell us what glorious city you are from. Please. Share with all of us.”
    Why? It’s not going to change the fact that Philly is a filthy city full of ex-cons, future cons and other lifetime losers that take their pathetic life situations out on others.

137. fuhgyou says: Jan 13, 2010 9:23 AM

I don’t mind the “trash-talk” from Dallas FANS ..
    This shouldn’t of happend to anyone.
    but,,do the Cowboys-Nation forget their own ??
    TOP 10 DALLAS COWBOY ARRESTS OF ALL-TIME
    thanks for the moals lesson BIG D’
    Bwah ha ha ha ha!!!
    Classy franchise, classy fans!

138. raw B says: Jan 13, 2010 9:29 AM

VoxVeritas says:
    January 13, 2010 9:20 AM
    Tell it to 0-3gles players.
    Vox, why dont you go juggle jerrys coconuts. And 0-3gles is the stupidest name ever. Cowboys fans are so lame they cant even make up good names to call other people! I would say its that texas education, but we all know most cowgirl fans live in NEW JERSEY.

139. Birdbrainsnj says: Jan 13, 2010 9:29 AM

Thats what you get for wearing a homo jersey in eagle country, lucky it wasnt the jugular. hahahaha. Seriously though, sounds like a total fabrication. We throw snowballs and fists. Not much for stabbings. Love the “obama thugs” reference. lol. Did “prison mike” have something to do with this?

140. Count Sacula says: Jan 13, 2010 9:29 AM

Vox, Dungeons and Dragons superstar, put down your Mountain Dew and Funyuns and try, I don’t know, going outside.

141. scomibord says: Jan 13, 2010 9:30 AM

Eagles fans are the Charlie Brown’s of the NFL, “Why is everybody always pickin’ on me?” Maybe because they are total douchebags. Now I see why they have made the NFC championship game like , what 6 times in the last ten years and won 1(Then lost the S.B.) Karma’s gotta be a bitch, huh Charlie???

142. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 9:31 AM

“STFU, First off this is the first time in a long time we are at home – Remember when we sent you home last year 44-6? yeah so we are even now bro.”
    Really? REALLY? Forget for one second that the Cowboys have a huge head-to-head advantage over the 0-3gles, you think that one 44-6 flukey game is equivalent to three ass-kickings in one season, including two blowouts that happened inside of six days? Seriously? You’re an idiot.
    20-16
    24-0 to take the division
    34-14 to take their pride after talking so much smack and kick their overrated asses out of the playoffs. And maybe force the 0-3gles to get rid of air guitar-playin’ grinnin’ Donnie Mac.
    All indications are that the ass-kickings will continue next season. I suggest the 0-3gles load the back of their pants with telephone books instead of poo next time. Here’s to Wade Phillips extending his 5-2 winning record over Andy Reid’s 0-3gles.

143. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 9:32 AM

“And please, I have never seen a group of more bandwagon riding, ignorant morons than cowboy fans.”
    History shows that you’ll all revert back to being Steeler fans when the 0-3gles assume their rightful place at the bottom of the NFCE food chain.

144. SHamburg says: Jan 13, 2010 9:33 AM

Completely skeptical. I dont believe it for a second.
    How are there no survailance videos from the convenience store?
    Why wouldnt she show the wound?
    How come she couldnt describe them men?
    Someone just looking for attention and some free tickets or something.

145. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 9:35 AM

“First, it was cold and windy and she had a hood on. she said when she was hit and the hood came off she could tell they were shocked that it was a woman. they didnt knowingly attack a woman.”
    OHHHHH. So they thought they were going two on one against a GUY, not a girl. That changes everything!

146. PhillyFan950 says: Jan 13, 2010 9:35 AM

You know these guys should be punished. However to judge an entire city (again) on two thugs/hollagins actions is ridiculous. I am a die hard Eagles fan and it is assholes like this that ruin this city.
    For those of you who are not familiar with the area… Bethlehem is not the best town in the area… Not to bash my area, but NE philly and its “territories” are not that great. So it is unfortunate for us true fans that have scum like this in the area… See what cheap real estate does to your area? It brings trash…

147. Birdbrainsnj says: Jan 13, 2010 9:39 AM

Reading these comments from people talking about how low class philly is obvioulsy have no clue what they’re talking about. They think the fans are a bunch of poor trash that like to hurt people, lol. You do know that half the fans in that stadium are ridiculously wealthy families that hail from Southern NJ. My whole row is from NJ. Ive been a season ticket holder for years and the worst thing I’ve seen was a snowball fight, asshole chants, and some spilled beers. These comments people write are so off base its insane!!! I havent even witnessed a fist fight for Gods sake and were talking ten years! Once in a while something bad happens, which happens in every single stadium in this country!!!, and only philly gets the headline because we threw snowballs at santa. My god were the anti-christs!! People are so in fear of eagles fans its hilarious!

148. Opie says: Jan 13, 2010 9:50 AM

kravon: based on your post, you are not a Dallas fan, but a bandwagon jumper.
    I once attended a Dallas game with my grandmother. My grandmother! 3 jack legs wearing Dallas gear got up in my face taunting me and yelling at me like I was insulting their intelligence by wearing another team’s jersey. They knocked my beer out of my hand and I tried to talk them down, but they were clearly enraged. I could tell by the frothing at the mouth and pupils dialated. I was 19 at the time and it was very uncomfortable. They kept at it til halftime, throwing food and beer at the both of us. So, we decide to leave at halftime rather than endure this type of treatment. They follow us up the stairs, still yelling about how they are going to kick my ass, all the way to the top………I’m with my 83 year old grandmother for crying out loud. We’re just trying to leave……..
    Out of no where, she kicks one in the groin, clips one with her ring right in the nose and looks the 3rd in the face before saying, “you piece of shit, you couldn’t hang 30 minutes in Philly!” Then hits him right in the throat and sent him tumbling back down the stairs…….
    Headline in paper next day:
    “Kung Foo master and her pupil commit unprovoked assault on three community volunteers while attending a Cowboys game.”
    True story, I saw it happen.

149. kravon says: Jan 13, 2010 9:51 AM

man my cowboys is ready for whoopin on the vikings dis week.
    I saw jason witten at the 7-11 last night – he was buying a 5 hour energy and lottery tickets. I was like – YO JAY, you ready to score 4 touchdowns this weekend? He was like – Heck ya I am Kravon. And I gave him a chest bump. I was like good because we already winning 10 – 0.
    thats what Im talkin bout!

150. chunky soupy sales says: Jan 13, 2010 9:53 AM

“I guess next you’ll bring up the stupid snowball incident that happened over 40 years ago. ”
    Wow, that is ALMOST as long as the last time you guys won any type of championship!
    Almost. Not quite.
    20-16
    24-0
    34-14

151. Count Sacula says: Jan 13, 2010 10:00 AM

Kravon – you may be as big a tool as Vox.

152. UKEagles says: Jan 13, 2010 10:01 AM

Either way you put it, any man who lays their hands on a woman is a coward. whatever he or they are a fan of.

153. UckTheFeagles says: Jan 13, 2010 10:05 AM

I like how the eagles fans are making excuses and denying this happened…much like they do at the end of every season after the embarassing loss to end the season. Pathetic Team = Pathetic Fans.

154. fuhgyou says: Jan 13, 2010 10:14 AM

funny how now cowboys fans are becoming real proud again. one playoff win and they are right back on the bandwagon!
    41-14
    40-18
    36-3
    44-13
    27-3
    36-10
    49-21
    38-24
    23-7
    oh, and:
    44-6, the worst loss in Cowboys history!
    That’s a lot of humiliation!

155. fuhgyou says: Jan 13, 2010 10:20 AM

41-14
    40-18
    36-3
    44-13
    27-3
    36-10
    49-21
    38-24
    23-7
    oh, and:
    44-6, the worst loss in Cowboys history!
    That’s a lot of humiliation!

156. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 10:30 AM

haha well let’s see. There’s convicted felon Ron Mexico, bankroller of an international gambling ring and sociopathic pseudo-QB that takes joy in throwing toy poodles into the pit bull ring just to see them get torn apart. Not to mention the dozens… perhaps hundreds of dogs that he personally killed in all sorts of creative ways from electrocution to just plain slamming them on the ground repeatedly. Also knowingly transmitted herpes to an unsuspecting woman, probably a Philly chick that had to look outside the state to find what she thought was a real man. I could spend all day on Vick but let’s move on.
    Then there’s Andy Reid, a guy that raised two druggie sons in what a JUDGE characterized as a “drug emporium”. Got it? That didn’t come from a Cowboys fan. That came from a JUDGE. He used his experience with his moronic offspring as justification for bringing the above-mentioned felon in. What a guy. Bringing a guy with legal problems into any situation that Andy Reid is in charge of team is like bringing a crackhead into a crackhouse and giving him a pound of crack, then asking him to be a good boy. Correll Buckhalter, Juqua Parker, Mike Patterson, Terrence Carroll, Darrel Crutchfield, Steve Everett, James Darling, Mike Mamula, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth, Dhani Jones, Freddie Mitchell… the arrest list goes on and on and includes current players.
    I’d list all of the 0-3gle players that have been arrested for DUI, public intoxication and theivery, but the limitations of time and space restricts me to this statement: There have been many.
    Which brings me to the fans. I have two words for you: Stadium Jail. No such facility at the Linc, but there is a hotline that fans can use to call stadium police to report violence reported against them, as if the stadium police will really do anything about it. See below.
    Two more words: Bounty Bowl. If that had happened outside of a game, Buddy Ryan would have done hard time in prison over that. He probably should have, anyway. But we know how criminal justice works in Philly, don’t we? As we all saw very recently with that snowball thing, Philly is the place where victims are removed and criminals are left to victimize someone else.
    Even two more words: Assault and battery. i.e. what Buddy Ryan committed against a fellow coach on the sidelines of a game after the 0-3gles fired him not because he’s a sociopathic freak, but because they finally realized what a crappy coach he really was.

157. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 10:36 AM

“How are there no survailance videos from the convenience store?”
    Didn’t happen in the store. Read the damn story.
    “Why wouldnt she show the wound?”
    Not a good idea to expose an open wound after it’s been cleaned and dressed with sterile bandage. Too logical for you to comprehend?
    “How come she couldnt describe them men?”
    Because they cowardly sucker-punched her as she turned around.
    “Someone just looking for attention and some free tickets or something.”
    Reading is fundamental, lowbrow.

158. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 10:40 AM

“never mind all the ass kickings they’ve gotten the whole decade from the Eagles.”
    haha the NFL existed before your football gods McNabb and Reid came on the scene with their constant under-performing.
    20-16
    24-0
    34-14
    4 of the last 5, bitches.

159. AirlineGuy says: Jan 13, 2010 10:49 AM

# pkswally024 says: January 13, 2010 9:20 AM
    2200 and the parkway, come find me and call me a scumbag.
    —————————–
    Thanks for making my point. Eagle fans and Philly residents are all scum. Any time you deal with them it always boils down to one thing…”YOU WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT”?
    Tool

160. fuhgyou says: Jan 13, 2010 10:59 AM

WOW
    Reid cut Carroll as soon as he was arrested-I don’t think he ever played a down in Philly.
    Gaffney also never played a down in Philly, nor was he in any trouble the five months he was there.
    Stallworth’s trouble came two teams later.
    I don’t even recall the other guys ever getting in any trouble. Even Vick’s problems were before Philly.
    This is your response? Really?

161. smiley says: Jan 13, 2010 11:01 AM

Branephood – just keep buying our seats that we sell to you. We’ll just keep taking your money.

162. kravon says: Jan 13, 2010 11:04 AM

listen fools – my buddy called me, nate newton and he was like you know the eagles and cowboys combined dont have as many super bowls as the steelers.
    i said so what, nate? that aint got nothin to do with this year. We going to win it.

163. fuhgyou says: Jan 13, 2010 11:11 AM

4 of the last 5, bitches.
    Again:
    41-14
    40-18
    36-3
    44-13
    27-3
    36-10
    49-21
    38-24
    23-7
    oh, and:
    44-6, the worst loss in Cowboys history!
    That’s a lot of humiliation!
    That’s all one decade! Ten years!
    Which isn’t even as long as it’s been since the Cowboys were relevant.

164. BUDDY_RYAN says: Jan 13, 2010 11:13 AM

If you get harassed by Philly fans and get things thrown at you, then you brought it on yourself. I don’t go to Fed Ex field wearing a DJax jersey, get blasted, and then go around talking trash to Redskins fans in their 20’s, it’s just not a good idea. When Philly fans start harassing someone, they always have a good reason.
    I’ll tell you this, they’re a hell of a lot better than VA Tech fans, when I tried to throw food at a bunch of obnoxious UVA fans at Lane Stadium one day a bunch of jackass Hokie fans were apparently upset by it, what a bunch of stinkin vaginas. I’ll take Philly fans over VA Tech fans any day of the week.

165. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 11:16 AM

“Reid cut Carroll as soon as he was arrested”
    Yeah, and a bunch of Cowboys players that were mentioned got in trouble after they left the team, too. Six of the ten mentioned, in fact. A 7th was a member of the team only because his contract had not yet expired in that off-season. It was common knowledge at the time that the Cowboys weren’t bringing him back. Two guys were dumped after they got in trouble. Then there’s Mike Irvin.

166. Count Sacula says: Jan 13, 2010 11:21 AM

@ AirlineGuy – Back to work and fetch my peanuts – bitch.

167. MastaFace says: Jan 13, 2010 11:48 AM

This woman MADE THIS UP in response to the TRUE STORY of the 14 Cowboy fans that surrounded a 12 yr old girl in a Eagles jersey, and started advancing on her while making threats.
    So she kicked the crap out of all 14 of them.
    Rumor has it Vox was there.

168. whatthef? says: Jan 13, 2010 12:31 PM

It’s a stupid hoax, you idiots! Cowboy fans are so desperate for attention, they have to make up stories that, oh by the way, is punishable by law.

169. Stinemonster says: Jan 13, 2010 12:31 PM

Chapnasty2 says:
    ——————–
    .VoxVeritas says:
    ========================
    Thought they needed to be reposted again down lower so everybody gets a chance to see them.

170. Stinemonster says: Jan 13, 2010 12:38 PM

@the Shoeman
    We are talking about FANS not Players. Every team has their list of players with their troubled life off the field. Come on. Look who’s on the Philly team right now. They didn’t take him on until after he proved he was trouble.
    And gain if you didn’t get it. This thread is about fans.

171. Opie says: Jan 13, 2010 1:27 PM

paranoidandroid: um, what you don’t see from that “edited” video is that these guys started the “good natured” heckling. The snowball fight that ensued was AFTER they were throwing snowballs at various other folks.
    Vox: you keep bringing up the damn “santa story” and that is irritating. It was some drunk dude out of the stands. The “real” santa couldn’t get to the stadium that day. He was drunk, falling over himself and being, well, drunk. He got pelted……ESPN did a whole backround on it, you should watch it sometime.
    Some fans of every team have zero class. Philly just doesn’t suffer fools very well. I was at Philly v. Atlanta game. BUNCH of Philly fans in my section, all having fun. No fights, arguments and no snowballs………of course, we were inside!

172. kravon says: Jan 13, 2010 1:29 PM

I was playing flag football with my boy Alvin Harper last night…..I bet he could start on several NFL teams today.
    I said you remember the glory days winning all those championships, gettin all those woman, being allowed to enter the clubs without paying a cover charge?
    He said – I sho do.
    Dats where these Cowboys are headed – for greatness and all those free perks…
    Go big D!

173. paranoidandroid says: Jan 13, 2010 1:33 PM

yeah i’d say its pretty bad when you are recognized by a major sports magazine as having the worst fans.

174. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 1:34 PM

BUDDY_RYAN says:
    Nobody cares what Buddy Ryan says. He was a career .500 head coach who got severely out of every playoff game his teams were in (0-3 by scores of 21-6, 21-7 and 20-12).

175. Count Sacula says: Jan 13, 2010 1:37 PM

(Second attempt)
    Moderator must be a Giants or Dolphins fan since he/she took down my posts about my two miserable experiences in Giants Stadium and Dolphins Stadium. Wow, play favorites much?
    Let the world know: At Giants stadium – wore Dawkins jersey – spit on, yelled and cursed at, bumped into “accidently” a thousand times, and antenna broken off of car.
    In Miami: much of the same AND my car was keyed up.
    You hooligans are everywhere. And please, let us know what crappy city you are from.

176. paranoidandroid says: Jan 13, 2010 1:39 PM

so 3 sf fans were talkin smack to the surrounding 100 or so philly fans around them? right, that makes total sense.
    Fair enough Opie, maybe they did start it but in that video they weren’t retaliating any more so why not leave them alone?
    almost all of those snowballs were coming out of frame so how is it that the sf fans were talkin smack to them? its the dog-pile mentality and thats bs and classless.

177. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 1:40 PM

“Vox: you keep bringing up the damn “santa story” and that is irritating. It was some drunk dude out of the stands. The “real” santa couldn’t get to the stadium that day. He was drunk, falling over himself and being, well, drunk.”
    So basically he fit right in with the rest of the Philly lowbrows. And for that he was assaulted.
    “Philly just doesn’t suffer fools very well.”
    You misspelled “Philly just can’t handle their alcohol”.

178. MastaFace says: Jan 13, 2010 1:41 PM

@Vox
    “Probably one of the trannies that Philly is so famous for”
    Two words:
    BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
    Ha-Ha Cowboy Round-em Up

179. kravon says: Jan 13, 2010 1:50 PM

Man I was just tweeting with homie Darren Woodsen, he was just talking about Brokeback Mountain starring Jay Whitten and Tony Romo.
    thats not cool – i like girlz.

180. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 13, 2010 2:05 PM

“paranoidandroid: um, what you don’t see from that “edited” video is that these guys started the “good natured” heckling.”
    Typical. It’s always somebody else’s fault when you’re talking about Lowbrow Nation.

181. the Shoeman says: Jan 13, 2010 2:08 PM

Stinemonster says:
    January 13, 2010 12:38 PM
    @the Shoeman
    And gain if you didn’t get it. This thread is about fans.
    ********************************************************
    Exactly … but because a FEW idiots do some idiotic-things,,Cowboy fans start labeling ALL Eable fans as scum.
    Maybe if you all didnt worry about throwing snowballs 40+ years ago, You may find MOST Eagle fans don’t act like idiots.
    So .. try NOT to group all of us in together,because someone threw a snowball,before I was born!

182. Stinemonster says: Jan 13, 2010 2:18 PM

@MastaFace
    You must have watched that gay movie so where did that movie take place? I thought it was up north a long ways from Texas. Wouldn’t surprise me if the writer came from Philly.

183. Stinemonster says: Jan 13, 2010 2:24 PM

@the Shoeman
    By reading the SI article it’s not Cowboys fans that started labeling Philly. It already had the rep.
    But it’s like anything else, it’s not as funny unless you can stereotype.
    And the snowball incident in the link above was not that long ago.

184. Count Sacula says: Jan 13, 2010 2:25 PM

It’s all okay. We all realize that Cowboys fans are the biggest front-runners on the planet. We were you bandwagoners for the last ten years?
    Besides, who the hell wants to be associated with being “Cowboys?” Cowboys are sysnonymous with being racist, inbred rednecks.

185. PhillyMike5959 says: Jan 13, 2010 2:37 PM

That’s nice that whoever moderates this has been taking down certain comments…. For all the verbal diarrhea that’s been left up here…nice censoring…I’ll re-iterate the fact that once you publicly proclaim you’re a D & D and Magic Kingdom disciple your sports opinions are now null and void Vox…Like someone said earlier try going outside and getting some fresh air.

186. Whiterhino says: Jan 13, 2010 3:26 PM

# MastaFace says: January 13, 2010 11:48 AM
    So she kicked the crap out of all 14 of them.
    Rumor has it Vox was there.
    ————–
    This is patently false. Vox Veritas isn’t allowed within 200 feet of an adolescent girl. There’s Megan’s Law stipulations about it.

187. Whiterhino says: Jan 13, 2010 3:28 PM

# Stinemonster says: January 13, 2010 2:18 PM
    @MastaFace
    ——-
    Not that you’d know where the writer was from – or even who it is without looking it up online – because after 16 years in the amazing Texas education system (and an early dropout, as is custom) you’re essentially an illiterate.

188. paranoidandroid says: Jan 13, 2010 3:32 PM

Count Sacula says:
    January 13, 2010 2:25 PM
    _____
    very intelligent. what part of philadelphia are you from? so racists only reside in texas? i think you’re confusing texans with the neighbors to our north, oklahoma.

189. Stinemonster says: Jan 13, 2010 3:48 PM

@Whiterhino
    And what does your ignorant response have anything to do with that post?
    Talking about an illiterate ignorant idiot. You make the articles point about Philly.