PFT Daily: January 12, 2010

Though it’s not quite the same as the Football Night In America studio, the PFT Daily digs will have to do.

And so I’ve fired up the NBC Sports camera and I’ve put together — in only one take, for a change — a three-minute, three-topic tour of the NFL, including some talk about Aaron Rodgers, Wade Phillips, and the latest baseball player to admit to doing something that anyone of sound mind already knew he had done.

Watch it, and then drop your comments regarding the latest baseball player to admit to doing something that anyone of sound mind already knew he had done.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
14 Responses to “PFT Daily: January 12, 2010”
  1. tinshaker says: Jan 12, 2010 1:09 PM

What does the ‘latest baseball player to admit to doing something that anyone of sound mind already knew he had done” (might was well repeat it, everyone else is) have to do with football?
    Are you changing format to Pro Sports Talk?

2. GoBrowns19 says: Jan 12, 2010 1:14 PM

Isn’t there supposed to be a meteor heading this way? I sure hope it hits right here.

3. pats suck, blow and cheat* says: Jan 12, 2010 1:15 PM

Personally, I think McGwire is a joke and his “coming clean” tale laughable, but any Cheatriot fan who cracks him better be ready to say the same about HGHarrison – they both used the same, lame “did it get back from injuries, how noble of me” excuse.
    Btw, nice show on Sunday.

4. dakotah says: Jan 12, 2010 1:17 PM

McGwire admitted using steroids, but he still attributes his success to “God-given ability” and hard-work. I guess after so many years of lying its difficult to be completely honest, even with yourself.

5. danlinker says: Jan 12, 2010 1:25 PM

The reason florio mentions the mcguire thing is that he just cannot resist a controversy of any kind. So if he has to, he will go outside of football whenever possible to do it. This doesn’t surprise me.

6. Myballshurt says: Jan 12, 2010 1:43 PM

As a Packer fan I am asking you to quit patronizing us. We lost….we’ll deal with it. Don’t give us this “keep your heads up, Aaron Rodgers is good”. We dealt with that during the 80’s. Lynn Dickey was great…..the NFL is a NOW league. Aaron Rodgers is one unfortunate hit and injury away from being an answer to a trivia question. Packer fans know much more about Aaron Rodgers than Florio does. We know what we have…..but again the NFL is about THIS SEASON….who knows what the future brings. What are the odds of the Packers being fortunate enough to have two straight QB’s that stay as healthy as Favre did?
    So Florio….why not go try to console the Bengals, Eagles or Pats. You continually trying to make us feel better only makes it worse. Next year is for losers.

7. jamesz23 says: Jan 12, 2010 1:50 PM

I lost more respect for McGwire after hearing his interview than I had before yesterday. How can he possibly think anyone would believe that steroids didn’t contribute to his numbers?? Yeah your hitting 70 hrs in your mid-30’s because you’re that unbelievable Mark.
    We get it you took steroids to get back out on the field with all the injuries you’ve had. I can think of numerous players, Don Mattingly that comes directly to mind who were way better players than you and their numbers went down and they simply had to call it quits because they refused to be a big, fat cheater like yourself.

8. CaseyInKC says: Jan 12, 2010 3:33 PM

9. CaseyInKC says: Jan 12, 2010 3:37 PM

Steroids took MM from being a mediocre hitter to the best ever. My problem? I really couldn’t care less if pro athletes use steroids
    PS Florio you always look stoned/half-awake.

10. bluestree says: Jan 12, 2010 3:42 PM

@Myballshurt; You say that the NFL is about THIS season. But that’s true only if you’re still playing. If your out of the playoffs then it’s about NEXT season. You must subscribe to the adage that there is only one winner in the NFL, and 31 losers. In my world, the only losers are quitters. A quitter is someone who gives up on tommorow. I think most Packer fans would agree. In the years between Bart and Bret, Pack fans never wavered in their support of their team. In my eyes, those people are winners.

11. MasterShake says: Jan 12, 2010 4:42 PM

The NFL (and maybe that’s why it’s relevant on this site) should be concerned about how this plays out in MLB. There’s already been discussions on having Olympic testing applied to baseball and the reprocussions in the NFL would be far worse. The big four need to take a hard look at this and try to be proactive before Congress finds the free time to “investigate” this further. I hope the NFL doesn’t hide behind the b.s. that baseball and their supporters are spewing now with the whole “it was the era” crap, because it just makes you look shallow.
    Mama always said:
    If everyone jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge: Would You?

12. dakotah says: Jan 12, 2010 5:00 PM

13. MasterShake says: Jan 12, 2010 7:26 PM

BTW
    Mama used the Golden Gate compared to the East coast bridges because she was certain people died by jumping off that badboy. Are any Eastern bridges (Brooklyn) high enough to die from? Enlighten me please. Another reason why Flo needs some West Coast representation.

14. biglebronski10 says: Jan 12, 2010 9:34 PM

I don’t care about baseball. At all. I come here to hear about football. Aaron Rodgers is better than Favre.