Jared Allen vows to "kick butt"

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre indirectly has given the Cowboys some bulletin-board material in advance of Sunday’s division-round game at the Metrodome, essentially saying he’ll be “shocked” if the Vikings fail to beat Dallas.  (Favre has since tried to undo any potential damage.)

Vikings defensive end Jared Allen was far more direct in a recent radio spot on KFAN in Minneapolis.

At the tail end of the segment, the host says that a prediction for the game is coming up.  Allen then says, “We kick butt.”

The ball is now in your court, Mr. Sensabaugh.

116 responses to “Jared Allen vows to "kick butt"

1. There is no potential “damage.” He was just trying to put your media-bobble-heads back on a little before y’all drowned in your own breathy spittle.

2. ‘If/when Sensabaugh replies, maybe Allen will claim that he said “kiss” not “kick.”‘
    No. He won’t.

3. If/when Sensabaugh replies, maybe Allen will claim that he said “kiss” not “kick.”
    ———————————————–
    Are you serious? Sensabaugh couldnt carry Allens dirty jock to the laundry!

4. Man,I sure hope Allen would say this. You need that attitude in anything,life or sport. Don’t matter who says what or talks the most smack,the game will be settled on the field. Cowboys are in for a letdown Sunday…it is Vikings time to shine. Romo will look like Vox Veritas at the helm…running for his life!

5. Listen to Jared….
    Demarcus WHO? ROFLMAO
    ——————————
    Jared Allen probably dreams he could play half as well as DeMarcus Ware.

6. Favre and Allen have really made you work this week, Mike. Their remarks haven’t exactly been incendiary. You’ve had to stretch to make something of them. And the only Cowboy biting is safety Gerald Sensabaugh? Uh … who?
    Given Allen’s reputation, I doubt he’ll care how anyone takes his comment. If he winds up using the word “kiss,” it will probably be followed by “my a–.” But it should be a great game.

7. Can’t these two back up thier words? How about if the Vikings lose, Allen cuts of his Billy Ray Cyrus and has it surgically attached to quatro’s head?

8. Jerry is bringing up 53 head of steer. Romo should feel privileged that All Pro Allen is the one to rope him…again and again

9. AxleRose…..
    I think you meant AP couldn’t carry his jock to the laundry, ya know, cuz he fumbles all the time.
    Damn I’m funny!

10. Ok Florio, I’ve been fine with everything… but really that last line was dumb. I’m not going to be a massive hater or anything, but really, kiss not kick? That makes ya look … like a lawyer.

11. Only thing the Cowgirls have is steers and queers.
    And Jared Allen’s going to rope some queers. Because he needs fresh meat in his own ass.

12. JA makes Reggie White look like an idiot,remember my bro JA is true champ any fudgepackers wishes he had that much talent. Lets go cowgirls
    SKOL

13. “Are you serious? Sensabaugh couldnt carry Allens dirty jock to the laundry! ”
    Why would he want to?

14. “I came here to catch muskies and kick butt, and I’m all out of muskies.”
    So… catch some more?

15. Apparently this is what every player that is still playing this time of year should be saying.
    “Gee, I sure hope we can win”
    Really, what do you want to hear these players say when asked about the coming game?
    Favre said “I would be shocked if we lose this game”
    Allen said “We kick butt”
    Wow, way to light a fire under the Cowboys’ Ass. Get over it, they want to win, nobody goes into a game thinking they are going to lose. It’s not like they are saying the Cowboys don’t even belong on the same field as them.
    And as far as some of the Allen/Ware comments. Allen has done nothing but talk positively about Ware. If you are going to comment on here about something, try to know about all that is going on.

16. So, What are the Cowboys saying?
    My guess is they are talking also, it’s just not making it on PFT.
    I would sure hope Farve and Allen have the mindset that they will win. My guess is every player that steps on that field thinks that way. If not they need to go partying with Bruce Smith and not playing Sunday.

17. “Jerry is bringing up 53 head of steer. Romo should feel privileged that All Pro Allen is the one to rope him…again and again”
    Yeah he was really good trying to get to stone-footed Kurt Warner. 0 tackles, 0 sacks, 0’s across the board.

18. Wow I don’t get why Florio gets her panties all in a wad whenever a player appears to “guarantee” a victory. Okay, in the interest of full disclosure, I’m a huge Cowboys fan. Think Vox but with a life and a little sanity. But it doesn’t bother me at all if Favre and Allen guarantee their team’s win. I sure as hell hope they plan to win … it will make it much more enjoyable when my Boys sting dey aces. 😉

19. Hey Vox, don’t you think it seems fitting that we arm wrestle at halftime? Being such big homers and all.

20. This is my least favorite media paradigm, the “trash talk” one. You bitch when players stick to a script, but when they don’t you make their comments so overblown to be ridiculous. If asked about an upcoming game, the correct answer for players seems to be “oh it will be a great game, we’re all winners!” In a few more years there will be no reason at all to interview players or coaches because of the dreaded bulletin board material “news” story.

21. Romo will be ok as long as he doesn’t wander near any trees. If he does, Allen may spear him from above like we saw him do on Inside the NFL. Wow, what a great hunter! F’n loser.

22. AR12isBetter says:
    January 14, 2010 10:32 PM
    Nice mullet Allen, you’re weak
    Packer boy-
    Maybe if your team had Mr. Allen they wouldnt have given up 51…yes, thats 51 POINTS. Have a good time watching some real teams this weekend.

23. Cowboys suck and will get destroyed..just how you Florio is all pro Dallas and everybody else in the nation.. cant wait to have you all cry and then jump once again back on the bandwagon.. See you in Miami…

24. Florio is such a fag for that “kiss” instead of “kick” comment…lol You need to tell whoever is writing your material, that they’re fired!!! Smh…

25. Is this the same Jared Allen who was All-Pro solely because of the Packers terrible O-line and did nothing the rest of the year?

26. Hey Percy Harvin Your a F’n retard. RW would use JA’s head as Toilet paper you douche.
    You’re a Loser! Man I can’t wait for the queens to lose this weekend.

27. c.carterhof says:
    January 14, 2010 11:04 PM
    My moneys on Pervy, cause Vox is really a woman!! (no offense Pervy)
    ————————————————–
    LOL Vox looks like Ron Jeremy but lacks the pork sword! Search him on MySpace LOL You do draw good Ronny, just don’t know Fooseball!

28. c.carterhof says:
    January 14, 2010 11:02 PM
    Packer boy-
    —————————–
    That probably would’ve made more sense if the Jared Allen led-defense hadn’t allowed more points all season than the Packers… And if they hadn’t been absolutely bitch-slapped by the team the Packers just lost to in overtime.
    Don’t forget Allen hasn’t done crap when he hasn’t been playing the Packers.

29. Jimmysmith,you’re aids test came in the mail today,you are positive.Better get you’re dogs and cows checked.

30. # .VoxVeritas says: January 14, 2010 10:28 PM
    Was he drunk when he said it? Again?
    lololololol

31. Defense rested and hungry. JA is right the defense when healthy kicks ass. The team is even better when it plays at home so fools get a clue.

32. I love the “fact” that if you believe your team will win (which every pro athlete should believe) that you are guaranteeing a win. Stupid story line they should stop reporting on.

33. “JA makes Reggie White look like an idiot,remember my bro JA is true champ any fudgepackers wishes he had that much talent. Lets go cowgirls”
    Jared Allen is not even comparable to Reggie White. At least White played consistent unlike Allen who has one good game then disappears for 5 games until he has another good game and then disappears again.
    With that said, you need go to hell, jackass.

34. I thought Jared Allen stopped drinking?
    Now maybe if McKinnie were allowed to bring his metal pipe to the game to keep De Ware away from Brent, the Biqueens could keep it close. But to even do that, Petersen has to remember to hold on to the ball and Harvin has to lay off the wacky stuff and both need to drive 55 to get to the game. That’s a lot of stuff that has to go their way and in the end, you still have the mental midget calling the plays, I just don’t understand all this false bravado on the part of Biqueen fans but how can you expect me to? I’m a sane hetrosexual football fan whose team has previously won a Superbowl. All traits notably missing amongst most of these Biqueen posters.

35. JimmySmith says: I’m a sane hetrosexual football fan
    ————————————————–
    …and a bullshitter! More like insane homo.

36. People over play the “damage” caused by trash talk. This is a playoff game. Both teams were going to go in fired up and doing everything they can.
    It is in my opinion a dis to even suggest that comments like these will affect how the Cowboys or Vikings play. It suggests that barring a comment they wouldn’t have given their all?
    Seriously, aren’t there other things to talk about? What formations do the Cowboys usually run? Crap like that. I don’t know.

37. He said “lick” not “kick”. Jared loved ‘Brokeback Mountain’ and is into guys dressed like a viking.

38. BREAKING!!!!!
    Sidney Rice says he will “play hard” on Sunday.
    Put in on the motivation board Cowboys. How insulting! Where’s the respect? The nerve of this guy, right?
    Florio, you’re just a joke now.

39. JimmySmith says:
    January 15, 2010 6:12 AM
    I thought Jared Allen stopped drinking?
    ===============================
    All those things happened, yet somehow, they managaed to finish at 12-4 ahead of the packers, manhandled the pack twice.
    Whats a dusty SB trophy have to do with this year? Have they won in the recent past?
    Didn’t think so.
    Shouldn’t you turds be crying on the thread about ths packer “screw job’?

40. Like I said Packers are done, its the Vikes that will rein superior in the North, we got our man Favre to #18 my man,this is what it takes to get to the super bowl this year. Jarred Allen is a beast by far greater then Reggie White could of ever been…
    SKOL

41. Jared Allen is way overrated. Guy has one good game against GB and disappears. We will run at him all day long and win this game easily.
    Viks are not as good as everybody thinks. They have struggled lately and contain petersen and pressure favre with a couple of turnovers and we win this one easily. 24-7.
    This team reminds of the team on the 90’s. Solid in every area and dominate. I predict 4 -5 SB’s this decade.
    HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!!!!

42. When Allen was on the radio in KC yesterday he also mentioned they laugh at 99% of the BS the media puts out. This guy is a beast.

43. JimmySmith says: January 15, 2010 6:12 AM
    I’m a sane hetrosexual football fan
    Sorry dude but now that you have come out of the closet like most Packer fans and are openly supporting a gay quarterback you are no longer heterosexual.

44. One can only imagine what Florio would have thought of the ’85 Bears and their “Shuffle” video etc. Apparently now days you aren’t supposed to be confident. Yeah, I want my team to grovel and whine and tell you how they’re lucky to be on the same field as the other team…
    Whatever! Half the fun of watching Muhammad Ali was his bravado. Sure, it was great he could back it up (usually), but an Ali who won just as many fights without the swagger would not be “The Greatest”.
    Let em talk! Make your judgements after the game, just like we did with Da Bears.

45. Taking a shot at a dead guy (late great Reggie White) who HAS won a Super Bowl, IS in the hall of fame, and was Defensive player of the year. What’s JA accomplished Pervy Harvin? DWI isn’t much of an accomplishment. This is the type of fan base Vikings have? Pathetic!
    Go Cowboys!

46. JimmySmith,
    Maybe you finally broke up with Bob Nelson since I haven’t seen him around here in a while, but you’re still a homo.

47. JimmySmith says:
    January 15, 2010 6:12 AM
    I thought Jared Allen stopped drinking?
    ___________________
    I thought the Packers stopped playing?

48. 9to19 says:
    January 14, 2010 10:07 PM
    Listen to Jared….
    Demarcus WHO? ROFLMAO
    ——————————
    Jared Allen probably dreams he could play half as well as DeMarcus Ware
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    And we already have a winner for the 2010 moron statement of the year!

49. theReapercalls says:
    January 14, 2010 9:55 PM
    Jared Allen is a fag
    =========================
    This crap gets through and you censor my statement on the Cowboys beating themselves yesterday? Who the hell is on the switch back there? Must be some Texas yahoo.

50. Someone better tell Jared Allen that he’s not going up against the Packers 2nd and 3rd string tackles where he rang up more than half his sacks this season. One of them was a rookie guard playing left tackle for crying out loud. He’s been mostly invisible all season except for those 2 games against the Packers. Allen’s nothing but a loudmouth with a mullet.

51. @boysroll
    Have a drink of Colt ’45 you drunken idiot. Comparing these Cowgirls to the Cowboys of the 90s is the biggest stretch ever made.

52. jeffragnarchicken says: January 15, 2010 8:32 AM
    JimmySmith says:
    January 15, 2010 6:12 AM
    I thought Jared Allen stopped drinking?
    ===============================
    Didn’t think so.
    Shouldn’t you turds be crying on the thread about ths packer “screw job’?
    ———————-
    This is why most people characterize Vikings fans as such douchebags. You’re lame excuse is always about the recent and you talk about dusty Super Bowl trophies as your way of trying to make yourself feel better about having none. Currently, the Vikings have no “recent” Super Bowl trophies and after this Super Bowl, they still won’t have any. The thing that championships and Super Bowl trophies do is create history and rich tradition……something the Vikings will never have unless it’s for losing the most Super Bowls and being one of the biggest choke job’s in the NFL over their history.

53. Cowgirls are finished,Vikes are the future.
    The Fudge – RIP
    Cowgirls – RIP
    Red Birds – RIP
    Aints – RIP
    Colts – RIP
    Dirty Birds – RIP
    Jets – RIP
    Vikes pound the Chargers in Miami,Vikes get the respect they deserve,Allen MVP. Haters will finally love and respect my boys the Vikes….
    SKOL VIKINGS!

54. I think Allen really said “my mullet goes down to my butt”.
    So Viking fans are douchebags, but the usual cheesers that post on Viking articles to bait Viking fans are classy? What constructive or even remotely entertaining comments have you nimrods said other than the usual wait till next year, we won a supebowl a million years ago, and Vikes will lose to Dallas crap? Why don’t you losers stick to posts on your own team? Well, we know the answer to that one — no one cares about the Pack, particularly now that they are even more irrelevant after gagging against a Cardinal team they were supposed to beat.
    Dallas fans at least have a team still playing to talk trash about. Vox looks like a frigging brain surgeon compared to you cheesers.

55. RealPervyHarvin; says: January 15, 2010 10:19 AM
    Cowgirls are finished,Vikes are the future.
    The Fudge – RIP
    Cowgirls – RIP
    Red Birds – RIP
    Aints – RIP
    Colts – RIP
    Dirty Birds – RIP
    Jets – RIP
    SKOL VIKINGS!
    ————————–
    Sorry, but that has about as much of a chance of happening as Brent does of playing until he’s 50. The Vikings will never win a Super Bowl in your lifetime. The history of choking sticks with them like flies on sh*t.

56. mnmaverick, Let’s take a look at the stats then shall we. Ware has been in the league since ’05 and Allen since’04, so I’ll compare just the totals since ‘o5.
    SACKS
    Ware 64.5 Allen 61
    FORCED FUMBLES
    Ware 23 Allen 22
    TACKLES
    Ware 280 Allen 255
    ASSISTS
    Ware 77 Allen 48
    So explain to me again how the stats show that Jared Allen is a better player.

57. Big Tex,
    Don’t try to use logic or statistics to reason with a Vikings fan. They aren’t interested in dealing in reality, so it’s rather pointless. A true Viking fan prefers to spout off without having anything to back their ridiculous assertions.
    The best one of the day so far: Jared Allen is better than Reggie White. Jared Allen is half the player Reggie White was and will never come close to being mentioned in the same breath.

58. “Popeye says: January 15, 2010 8:17 AM
    Jared Allen is a racist”. . .Popeye. . .what a total dope. . .SHUT UP!!!!

59. Ware is the best LB in the game….Allen is the best DT in the game…..should be interesting to see each O line deal with them. I would expect double coverage for each.

60. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says:
    January 15, 2010 10:16 AM
    jeffragnarchicken says: January 15, 2010 8:32 AM
    JimmySmith says:
    January 15, 2010 6:12 AM
    I thought Jared Allen stopped drinking?
    ===============================
    Didn’t think so.
    Shouldn’t you turds be crying on the thread about ths packer “screw job’?
    ———————-
    ====================================
    This is why most fans call packer fans inane idiots.
    When your team is winning, thats all we hear about, how great they are …this year.
    When they suck ass or fall short like this year, then we have to drag out trophies from 13 to 42 seasons ago.
    Great, you had a winning tradition in the 50’s and 60’s! What does that have to do with the present day team? That’s right absolutely nothing.
    It’s as sure as death and taxes. As soon as the crying and whining is done after the last loss of the season…..this year they were screwed…lol…whatever. Then the ancient trophies get drug out.
    I guess this somehow makes you feel better about the current team, not being good enough this year? It sure doesn’t have anything to do with 2009.
    Yep you have a winning tradition, congrats.
    That and a box of popcorn, still doesn’t deny the fact that your team fell short THIS year.
    I’m sure A-Rod and the boys feel better after their loss, knowing that the Packers won a lot of titles years ago.
    Idiot.

61. When he said he’d “kick butt” maybe he’s saying they’re going to play him on offense. It is a “kick ass offense”, right?

62. Excellent. Jared can join DeSean Jackson on the crow-eating all pro team next week. For all the talk about the Coyboys’ hype machine, it sure seems it’s their opponents that run their soon-to-be-busted mouths before games.
    Take this fairy out Flozell!

63. “mnmaverick says:
    January 15, 2010 9:51 AM
    Look at the stats, Vox, can’t argue with the FACTS.”
    Post some facts then, instead of the word “facts” in capital letters. Ware is better in almost every area, per Big Tex’s post above. Those are facts. Get to know them before you run your yapper.

64. Allen has a whole 7 sacks this year against teams not named the Packers. What happened to him being an unstoppable forced lined up next to the Williams boys? Allen is good but he’s vastly overrated.

65. Wow, can’t believe all the viking fans on here!
    Both teams have very good skill players on both sides. Dallas is playing almost flawless and as an outsider, I would honestly be surprised if they didn’t win this game by more than 10 pts.
    Dallas 31
    Minn 17

66. You tools picking Dallas big or thinking Minnesota will lose are in for a big reality check. Dallas will get beat by 10 or more. You big mouths look ME up on Monday,sure you will be silent though.

67. wtf is up with all the Allen hate. He’s a funny guy that is always throwing quotes out there. No defensive end in the game is as consistent as he is over the last half a decade, yet people talk about his like he’s not just because he hasn’t had a lot of sacks in the last 8 games.
    Jared Allen is a better player, statistically and in terms of how teams approach him, as well as pro bowl ballet wise, than DeMarcus Ware. Sure Allen has only 4 sacks last 8 games (including fumble recoveries and forced fumbles) but he still has more sacks than Ware on the season so what gives.
    Allen is always getting pressure and also plays the run very well. Dude’s a beast.

68. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere,
    “Lets get the facts straight. Oh wait…you are a Viking fan.”
    “Oh and for the record…the Packers were the won more games in the 90’s than any other team in the NFL”
    You might want to get the facts right yourself before making idiotic comments. The Cowboys had 101 regular season wins during the 90’s compared to the Packers’ 93 wins.
    Please go back to Wisconsin where you will be considered a genius.