Allen acknowledges he "might be pissed off" by late score

In a Monday night phone interview on the 6:00 p.m. ET SportsCenter, Vikings defensive end Jared Allen talked about the controversy regarding the team’s decision to go for the end zone while leading by 24 points late, prompting Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking to call the move “classless” and “B.S.”

“Heck, I was on the team that was running the score up I guess, so heck. . . .  I figure, hey, it’s the professionals,” Allen told Brian Kenny.  “It’s not like Pop Warner where you’re gonna have to write a letter after the game apologizing for it.  I thought Coach did what he thought he had to do, and if I was on the other end of it, I might be pissed off, too.”

Then again, it’s not as if Brooking had clean hands.  Or, as the case may be, clean forearms.

Consider this bit of evidence.

Permalink 95 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
95 Responses to “Allen acknowledges he "might be pissed off" by late score”
  1. JSS84 says: Jan 18, 2010 7:53 PM

This topic is stupid. Dallas couldn’t stop Minnesota. All this talk leading up to the game, DeMarcus Ware, Spencer, Ratliff…think the Vikings OL played pretty well. DeMarus Ware one sack…then where did he go? DeMarcus Where?????????????????

2. CanadianVikingFan says: Jan 18, 2010 7:56 PM

Oh wow. What a dirty bastard. What was he trying to do kill him? I think this should be made more aware publicly. All against Keith Brooking, whos new name is Keep Bitching.!!

3. kjkluever says: Jan 18, 2010 7:56 PM

Keith Brooking should shut the F up and stop being a baby. I’m sorry is this football or is it or Chutes and Ladders. The Cowboys wanted to keep playing, hence the timeouts so the Vikings obliged them. Maybe they should work on their egos and toughen them up. Brooking should go suck a bag of dicks.

4. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Jan 18, 2010 7:58 PM

talk about beating a dead horse

5. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:01 PM

“Then again, it’s not as if Brooking had clean hands. Or, as the case may be, clean forearms.”
    Congrats, you just earned another 20 hits from me tonight and the comments likely to follow. Although that wasn’t cheap, nor illegal nor classless. He was in a difficult position and had to get up somehow. Loving the bias, smart business man.

6. Jason says: Jan 18, 2010 8:01 PM

People who compare Brookings “forearm” to the Vikings running up the score are idiots. Just look at how tired brooking is (and the rest of the defence for that matter) and realize he was just trying to hold´╗┐ him down as long as possible so that they could get to the 2 minute warning without the vikings getting another play in….happens all the time, especially at the end of games.

7. BigSkyVike1 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:01 PM

OK Keith, let’s give back the seven
    you lost 27-3, there I hope you feel better now

8. Mike Quick says: Jan 18, 2010 8:02 PM

I didnt hear Brooking complaining in week 17 when his Cowboys tried to do the same thing the Vikings did.

9. shamemaker says: Jan 18, 2010 8:02 PM

Wow. That footage of Brooking is incredible. Thanks for posting that Mike. I have never seen such a dirty, classless play in all my life. I really thought he was going to break that receivers neck. How was there not a penalty with the referee right there? I’m sure a suspension is eminent.

10. dogma1 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:02 PM

wow, who cares? this should even be a story on Monday, its old news. Vikings won, Cowboys lost.

11. Fighting Sioux says: Jan 18, 2010 8:09 PM

Just give Brooking a participation ribbon and make him feel better!!!!!!!!!

12. dpa6 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:09 PM

13. Outsyder says: Jan 18, 2010 8:15 PM

Dallas went for it on 4 & 2 against the Eagles. It was a pass too. The Eagles actually stopped them though. Otherwise, I guess the Eagles could have whined about it too.
    Except they just accepted the defeat like men.

14. Iggles07 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:18 PM

It appears that most people forget – including the Cowboys – that just the week before they were doing the exact same thing.
    With 2:30 left in the Eagles/Cowboys game, the Cowboys faced a 4th-and-2 from the Eagles’ 35-yard line. They were up, 24-0 (the exact point differential in yesterday’s game before the final TD). Dallas could have taken a knee and given the Eagles’ offense the ball back with 2:20 left, but Romo dropped back and looked for a receiver before getting sacked by Juqua Parker.
    The Eagles didn’t whine about it like babies…they lost fair and square. The Cowboys have NO right to complain when they themselves are guilty of the same thing.

15. Fan of Football says: Jan 18, 2010 8:19 PM

This is what happens when losers get embarrassed, they looks for something to divert attention away. Like this.

16. FireJerryJones says: Jan 18, 2010 8:19 PM

It’s poor sportsmanship.
    Cowboys didn’t play Roy Williams and Demarcus Ware…. Favre shouldn’t have showed up either. :)

17. CanadianVikingFan says: Jan 18, 2010 8:22 PM

dpa6 says:
    January 18, 2010 8:09 PM
    ________________________________
    That’s because you’re a sick son of a bitch.

18. Bob Loblaw says: Jan 18, 2010 8:23 PM

And as Paul Allen pointed out on his radio show today, Keith Brookings was on the ’98 Falcons team that after a stunning come-from-behind OT win in the NFC championship, players mocked the Vikings fans in the dome by doing the “Dirty Bird” celebration dance just to add insult.
    So in Brookings book taunting heartbroken fans is OK; but a team advancing in the playoffs that is just regaining its mojo is classless because they don’t take a knee out of pity on 4th down with 2 full minutes left in the game.

19. TheDPR says: Jan 18, 2010 8:23 PM

Boo freaking hoo.
    Offense plays to score. Defense plays to stop them. Sixty minutes.
    Brooking should know better. I guess becoming a Cowboy has wussified him. Once he’s done screaming and jumping around like King Julien of Madagascar before the game, he expects his opponent to go easy on him. Poor little guy.

20. LoganSF2 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:27 PM

Tell Brooking to get the sand out of his vagina.

21. Vikingsfaninpa says: Jan 18, 2010 8:27 PM

Brookings has no clue what class is neither do those of you who think that his forearm gesture was no big. ( and yes compared to nuclear warfare you would be right ) in a game that penalizes a team for unnecessare roughness it should have been 15 yards. and phone call from Mr Commish informing him of his 5000$ fine

22. grunt24 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:27 PM

Who cares if they threw on 4th down with under 2 minutes left in the game–they must have thought 7 points and some more stats for favre was more important then a fg–i mean it was only 27-3 with 1:51 left to play–i just wonder if that was Favre or Chillys call

23. cowboys1 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:28 PM

seriously who cares? cowboys lost to a better team and shouldnt cry about a late TD. The boys will be back!!!!!

24. Jimmysmith. says: Jan 18, 2010 8:30 PM

What a bad few weeks this has been for me,it the Packers lose,then the Vikings win,then Bob_nelson breaks up with me.I had time to do alot of soul searching and have come to trems that I was a Viking hater because I was jealous of them .I have been a fool and hope that eveyone on here will forgive me for all the stupid comments I have made about the Vikings.
    Us Packer fans are really the worst fans in all of football,but we are brought up that way and the influence is HUGE.I am no longer going to live in a trailer and beat my boyfriends or abuse animals in a sexual way or get drunk every night.Thank you all for forgiving me.
    PS.Bob_nelson,I still love you and I have changed,please call me.

25. Herrmannator says: Jan 18, 2010 8:30 PM

Hey wasn’t that Keith Brooking doing the Dirty Bird around the Metrodome in 1998? Classless? He is surely the one who should be throwing stones. Now, maybe Favre should have spit on a star.

26. facelessman says: Jan 18, 2010 8:32 PM

they dont show the stuff that sets people off..seeing this I wish the vikings would of scored 50 now..

27. shamemaker says: Jan 18, 2010 8:32 PM

@ Outsyder
    practice makes perfect.

28. RealPervyHarvin says: Jan 18, 2010 8:32 PM

Brooking is a f@cking pussy and should have took it like a man. Remember Dirty bird in the dome in 98 lil bitch? You were dancing.

29. Tom says: Jan 18, 2010 8:32 PM

Losers sometimes pout about things to justify their lose to attract sympathy. Some on the Cowboys are trying to mask their inept play with this outrageous score in their eyes. Give me a break!!

30. Pervy__Harvin says: Jan 18, 2010 8:33 PM

Packers are finished so are the Saints!

31. SkolVikings says: Jan 18, 2010 8:35 PM

# dpa6 says: January 18, 2010 8:09 PM
    ——————-
    Yeah, if you can’t beat em, hurt em. Now that’s class.
    What ever happened to “the better team won”?

32. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK 2.0OH! says: Jan 18, 2010 8:35 PM

The pride of Georgia Tech.

33. Bob Loblaw says: Jan 18, 2010 8:35 PM

Keith Brooking will get a couple of chances to get back at the Vikings next year — when he plays for the Detriot Lions as a last-gasp attempt to keep his NFL career alive.

34. Vikes-N-Favre says: Jan 18, 2010 8:37 PM

Why does everything Vikings related get blown out of proportion? I swear, if the NFL didn’t have the Minnesota Vikings, then there wouldn’t be anything to talk about.
    How about talking about the useless piece of shit officials that screwed over just about every team in the NFL at least once this year?
    How about talking about how good the Vikings looked and how they completely dismantled the so called best defense left in the playoffs? The way I see it, the Vikings are the best defense left in the playoffs.
    The game Sunday will be a good one, and I will go on the record by saying that whoever wins between the Vikings and Saints will be the SB Champions this year.

35. troll_aikman8 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:39 PM

That was the Vikings Superbowl and Brett wanted to walk away on top. That’s fine. It’s not like they have a chance outside of Minnesota, this week. Congrats Vikings, relatively speaking you are the Superbowl Champions. You are a bunch of gentlemen and scholars. Now lets talk about the real Superbowl, which will include the Saints and some AFC team.

36. Bob Loblaw says: Jan 18, 2010 8:39 PM

dpa6 says: “What I don’t understand is why someone didn’t pile drive Brett Favre on the TD play. I would have thought to myself, “fine, if they want to disrespect us, I’m not going to show them any respect and I’m going to blast Favre’s shoulder and end their Super Bowl hopes.”

37. Bobby Bushay says: Jan 18, 2010 8:40 PM

I am not a fan of either team. That late in the game with that big of a lead, the classy thing to do is run the ball on 4th down. If you make it, then so be it. Kick the field goal – fine, it’s fourth down and you are in the red zone. But passing in that situation, yeah, that is classless. Perhaps Brookings isn’t a classy player either. Whatever. The Vikings more than proved to be the superior team long before that play. I think passing there was a Favre decision, not a Childress decision.

38. Agamemnon says: Jan 18, 2010 8:44 PM

Chapnasty2 says:
    January 18, 2010 8:01 PM
    ****************************
    Are you effin’ kidding me? At the very least it was a cheap shop by Brookings on Berrian. When is it EVER okay to lean on someone’s -=neck=- to get up? Put a hand on the ground. There’s NO WAY any reasonable person can look at that and not say it’s a cheap shot. Brookings is an emotional guy and getting beat down as bad as the Cowboys did on Sunday, especially when they were so very confident that they would win, is just bringing out the worst in him.
    ****************************
    Jason says:
    January 18, 2010 8:01 PM
    *****************************
    Okay, this is a worse explanation than using Berrian’s neck to get up. Brookings is not just resting. He’s leaning into Berrian’s neck.
    And the reason some players lay on top of other players at the end of a game is to keep that team from scoring -=when the other team is behind=-; you try to waste as much time as possible to spot the ball. If this is indeed what Brookings was attempting (which I highly doubt!!) then all the more reason for the Vikings to score.
    The truth of it is, as I mentioned above, Brookings is an emotional guy. He was beaten up all day and was extremely disappointed. He lashed out, first at Berrian, then at Farve and the Vikings sideline after the TD. But, after the Berrian cheap shot, the response to the Favre tirade would maybe involve something about stones and glass houses.

39. remnar says: Jan 18, 2010 8:45 PM

As a vikings fan, I am admittedly biased, but after watching the video, I think his arm is not on his neck, just across his chest. Brooking is still an idiot.

40. Jimmysmith. says: Jan 18, 2010 8:47 PM

You mean just like how the cowgirls tried to hurt Bradshaw and Swann in the 2 Superbowls of the 70′s?I guess not all teams are cheap artists like the Cowgirls are.Dont cry to many tears in your Texas size beer lol.Did you all see the look on Jerry Jones face at the end on the sideline?That was priceless.

41. Nevisyakker says: Jan 18, 2010 8:47 PM

Wow jason, you are a classless idiot…OK, classless is being over used, but you are definitely an idiot.
    Brooking was pissed and acting like a jerk. His forearm on the neck would have easily drawn a penalty if the refs weren’t trying to get out of there.
    No seems to want to mention that on the play in question the Vikings play call was for a short pass to the fullback after the run fake. They wanted a three yard gain to hold the ball and end the game. The saftey left his zone area to run up and cover the fullback and that left the tight end wide open over the top. Favre couldn’t throw it to the fullback so his options were to throw it away or throw the easy completion.
    I guess Brooking and all the rest of you whiners think he should have thrown it away or taken a sack.
    Riiiiiiiiight, like that is going to happen.

42. Dave The CynicL1 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:54 PM

’cause dpa6 the Dallass Cowgirls tried all game long and COULDN’T.. It’s not disrespect it is called playing the game to win. It was not the Vikings job to quit scoring, it was the Cowgirls job to stop them and they couldn’t. The moment you let up on the gas the other team tries to get back into it.

43. schooney says: Jan 18, 2010 8:54 PM

Favre padding his stats what an ego mainaic more hot air in his head than in the dome mayb a Saint will blast him like they did Warner let’s HOPE

44. Johnnyb612 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:55 PM

Pervy,
    Yeah, I do remember the dirty bird in the dome in 98′. It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever wittnessed! Do you remember back in 03′ when the queens lost to the Cardinals on the last play of the season and gave the Packers their playoff spot? That was also pretty funny. You guys just can’t get rid of that loser stink! Now you have the biggest playoff choker of all time playing qb for you guys! I hope he gets his ass handed to him by the Jets in the superbowl. The stage is set! What goes around comes around Bretty boy! Do you he think he’ll come with after Ziggy moves the team to LA?
    P.S. Your still a homo.

45. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 18, 2010 8:59 PM

@ bob loblaw
    “You mean the way Bradie James pile drove Brett Favre five seconds after a play was whistled dead on a false start and everyone else on the field stopped playing?”
    You oblivously didnt watch the game or you would have a clue what you are talking about here. Favre acted like he had a free play and continued to throw the ball. Even if you had watched the replay which was shown imediately after a commericial you would have heard a whistle come in right at the same time James hit Favre. You are reaching here.

46. DarkBrownBro says: Jan 18, 2010 8:59 PM

RealPervyHarvin says:
    January 18, 2010 8:32 PM
    ….Brooking is a f@cking pussy and should have took it like a man…..
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    He DID take it like a man…which is why he walked over to the Vikings bench to address the issue…
    Whatever man…. the better team one that day…
    You Vike fans kill me…you won the game… rubbed it in even… and you’re more worried about Drew Pearson 20 years ago and Brooking a decade ago… YOU ARE 2 WINS FROM THE SUPERBOWL…Move on
    YOU TOO FLORIO!!
    you shouldn’t need these cheap posts after all these years….soft

47. Jimmysmith. says: Jan 18, 2010 9:05 PM

The Cowgirls(or Jerry’s bitches) could of let ap get a 1st down then tackle him and then we would of ran out the clock.But who cares,we kicked the Jerry’s bitches all day all over the field and this is all Jerry’s bitches can talk about?

48. savagenation says: Jan 18, 2010 9:06 PM

Haha! Wait till Brees pours it on this week , then the Vikes fans attacking Brooking will be crying like little girls ….”That was classless man…running up the score!”

49. golfrules says: Jan 18, 2010 9:11 PM

Hey Keith, Did you take you pasifier out of your mouth before you complained?? Poor little baby!! Moma will hold you, don’t cry, Moma will change your diaper. Does my baby need a nap?

50. Bwa Ha Ha says: Jan 18, 2010 9:12 PM

Turns out that he didn’t have to, didn’t it?

51. BigEasy says: Jan 18, 2010 9:15 PM

Not sure how the Viqueens, more importantly their fans are so confident going into the Dome and escaping with a “W”
    A little stat for all you Viqueens escaping your igloos so you can talk shit:
    Viqueens on the road on ’09: lost 1/2 their games and the 4 that they won….Cleveland 5-11, Detroit 2-14, St Louis 1-15, Green Bay 11-5….1 playoff team which was the Pack who was destroyed by the Cards who in turn destroyed the Viqueens a month ago….pls tell me again where the confidence is coming from.
    Do us all a favor and shut up…then again by Sunday around 8:45 it won’t matter……Game Over!!

52. Occam says: Jan 18, 2010 9:25 PM

So you’re both a crybaby AND a sore loser? Good for you. Want a cookie?

53. comment_submission_error says: Jan 18, 2010 9:32 PM

Brooking should go play for the Chargers. They can teach him how to lose without getting too upset about it.

54. ninjaneer says: Jan 18, 2010 9:36 PM

talk about sand in your vaginas…all you little bitches hide behind your computers and peck away on old keith brooking cause thats all you got…i wanna see a show of hands who would say a single word to his face…im a big guy, but keith brooking could kill me with a cold stare…you all are little dick, pimple faced jag offs

55. Chris Fiorentino says: Jan 18, 2010 9:39 PM

Cowboys hater are the worst….and Mike, you are one of the worst among them. The fact is that the Viking won their Super Bowl on Sunday…or at least they danced around like they did after the game. “Pants on the Ground” acting like fools….and the game wasn’t even to get INTO the freaking Super Bowl. When they get destroyed next week, what will the excuse be?

56. RealPervyHarvin says: Jan 18, 2010 9:55 PM

Johnnyb612- LOL Joke is on you! You are at home watching…..punk!
    DarkBrownBro -Lucky Jared didn’t rearrangr Brookings already ugly mug!

57. Mud Hens says: Jan 18, 2010 9:56 PM

Amazing how soon players forget. What goes around comes around. I don’t think anyone even realizes that Dallas attempted to do exactly the same thing to the Eagles at the end of the week 17 blow out.
    Up 24 – 0 with 2:26 left to go in the 4th qtr, Romo attempted a pass out of the shotgun on 4th and 2 at the Eagles 35 yard line.
    It was EXACTLY THE SAME THING THE VIKINGS DID! The only difference is that Romo got sacked instead of completing a TD pass.
    So if the Vikings are classless, then the Cowboys are classless and not nearly as good.

58. scrapdawg12 says: Jan 18, 2010 10:06 PM

If this mean anything. I liked it………… How bout them Cowboys……….just shut up Brooking and next time, stop them.

59. Franchise says: Jan 18, 2010 10:11 PM

This goes further than Brooking.
    Jerry and The Boys’ late entrance before the game was WAY more disrespectful than a late TD.
    I was at the game. They announced the Cowboys, who decided not to come out. The trolls decide to wait till Viking great Joe Kapp is getting announced and cheered at for the pre game ceremony to come out on the field.
    It was all a setup.
    Not only that, but I’m sure Brett Favre remembered not once, but TWICE Dallas ran up the score on him and the Packers in Dallas in the playoffs.
    Sorry Cowboy fans, your washed up @$$hole of a LBer is a wuss, and not only will we enjoy a NFC title game, but we welcome you back to Minny next year to whoop that ass yet again.

60. DCViking says: Jan 18, 2010 10:14 PM

@BigEasy -
    How about the Vikings just slapped the taste out of the mouth of a team that beat you in your home.
    But, please keep looking past us…

61. Bob S. says: Jan 18, 2010 10:17 PM

the hypocrite brookins of the imitation ray lewis pregame rant
    so vikings scored 34 points on dallas in easy win
    but
    dallas in their last 2 games both easy wins of 20 points or more cowboys scored 34 points each game on the eagles.

62. Tompadre says: Jan 18, 2010 11:06 PM

Nevisyakker -
    You’re exactly right! Tahi was covered in the flat just short of the neccessary yardage, Greg Lewis was double covered on his short crossing route just beyond the first down and Shiancoe was the only one open on the play. Dallas came with a blitz and Favre went to the open man. I think they were initially going for the first down but that was covered. As I said before on another thread, you’re not trying to run it up when two-thirds of your receiving corp on the play is made up of Lewis & Tahi.
    Besides, if they were running up the score they had a better chance of kicking a 28 yrd FG than an 11 yard pass.

63. Tompadre says: Jan 18, 2010 11:25 PM

Chapnasty2 says:
    January 18, 2010 8:59 PM
    @ bob loblaw
    =================================
    That was the SECOND time the whistle was blown, as the refs could see James wasn’tstopping. You can see the lines on both sides relaxing and holding up on the play shortly after the snap because of the first whistle. It didn’t matter if Favvre thought he had a free play or not, the whistle is what matters. Nice try for an excuse though.

64. T A P says: Jan 18, 2010 11:31 PM

Anyone remember when Dallas beat Atlanta earlier this year? Wasn’t it Keith Brooking that couldn’t help but run the the Atlanta sideline continually as Dallas ran up the score yelling, “You shouldn’t have let me go!” What a cock goblin. I used to respect Brooking and then he went to Dallas and turned into every other player there.

65. Purple Delight says: Jan 18, 2010 11:38 PM

SERIOUSLY
    its FOOTBALL. Winner takes it all.
    not kiddie soccer where everyone gets a ribbon for participating.
    Keith – I know your all sad and stuff – but SERIOUSLY
    hush.
    GO VIKES!

66. Tompadre says: Jan 18, 2010 11:40 PM

OK -
    So Brookings pushes on his opponents neck for at least five seconds after the play is dead.
    Brookings does the “Dirty Bird” in ’98 to taunt the fans of the team he just beat.
    The Cowboys delay their entrance to the field until their opponent is honoring a former player.
    The Cowboys do THE EXACT SAME THING WITH THE EXACT SAME SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES (except they fail) the week prior but complain when it was done to them.
    And it’s the Vikings that lack class??
    The Cowboys continued to treat the game like wasn’t over (calling timeouts, going for it on 4th down) which wass their perogative, but to complain when their opponent treats the game the same way is pathetic.

67. Johnnyb612 says: Jan 18, 2010 11:46 PM

Pervy,
    You’ve been at home watching for the last 50 years…punk!

68. FlorioWhorio says: Jan 19, 2010 12:05 AM

Anyone here who thinks that either the Saints or the Vikings are going to crush the other is fooling themselves. I expect to see two evenly matched teams playing on Sunday, with the winner likely being the one who has the ball at the end of the game.

69. mannyfresh209 says: Jan 19, 2010 1:44 AM

“suck a bag of dicks” lol? what are we, 12?

70. argos says: Jan 19, 2010 6:00 AM

You can absolutely blame the media for that last score.
    Overwhelming hype out of the blow holes.
    I’ve never seen so many “thank you for pounding Dallas” posts from other teams’ fans on the Vikings forums.

71. gwinn1952 says: Jan 19, 2010 7:11 AM

It is just amazing how we spent so much time over a guy who is upset because a professional team scored a TD against him. My thoughts…Brookings can’t have it both ways…..score all they can against the Eagles but get pissed when another team is basically running their offense.

72. MR.B says: Jan 19, 2010 7:28 AM

This is stupid. Dallas threw a pass in the last two minutes in the Eagles last seasons game. Dallas was on the 20 or 3o yard line. They were winning 24-0. No one is talking about that! This guy is a sore loser along with his team mates!
    YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!
    LOL

73. MR.B says: Jan 19, 2010 7:29 AM

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!
    LOL

74. wychwood says: Jan 19, 2010 8:47 AM

You can’t win in these situations. Had the Vikings taken their proverbial foot off the gas, then Cowboys would be saying the Vikings disrespected them by letting up and everybody would be criticizing them for not trying hard. If game outcome was already determined then why not just call the game with 5 minutes to go? Sounds stupid, huh? No matter the score, you should play as hard near the end of the game as you would at the start.

75. shadowman1433 says: Jan 19, 2010 8:48 AM

It’s just a case of brett fraud trying to run up the score to make himself look better.

76. cantgetenough says: Jan 19, 2010 9:04 AM

Ran up the score? That’s the most ridiculous thing ever. I understand what people mean by it, but how can you coach a championship team to let off the gas just because your team is up by a large margin? If I were coaching I would say play your heart out for 60 minutes of football. If the Vikes pulled Favre and some other starters, that’s fine. Then the second string can play their heart out for the remainder. But take your foot off the gas? No way. I would bench players that let that mentality get into their heads.

77. Supersuckers says: Jan 19, 2010 9:37 AM

I hope you are right chicken and I hope the Jets win. That would be so totally awesome to the max!

78. Dawkphan says: Jan 19, 2010 9:51 AM

SHUT UP AND TAKE YOUR BEATING LIKE A MAN ALREADY!!!

79. sand0 says: Jan 19, 2010 11:45 AM

Dallas fans, players, coaches, and media all talked real big all week coming into the game. Little did they know the discussion after the game would be all about whether or not the Vikings beat them too badly.
    I love it.

80. Whiterhino says: Jan 19, 2010 2:02 PM

# ninjaneer says: January 18, 2010 9:36 PM
    ———–
    Look, another Internet Tough Guy Keith Brooking impersonator. “WAAAAAAH! I bet a pro athlete could kick your ass so you shouldn’t talk about him negatively because you don’t have a training staff to help you devote your life to physical activity and HE COULD BEAT YOU UP! WAAAAH!”

81. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 3:55 PM

headline in the paper:
    Sissyboys get spanked
    in a related story:
    Sissyboy cries about being spanked “too hard”

82. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 3:58 PM

Dad of cowboy’s player wants apology from Brett Farve for spanking his son “too hard”
    in a related story:
    Cowboy’s player rep. calls for Brett Farve to be fined for scoring too many points

83. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:00 PM

story title:
    Jerry Jones to rename the cowboy’s locker room. It is to be called the “baby changing room” from now on.
    in related story:
    The team is going to have a player only meeting to discuss their feelings about the new name.

84. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:09 PM

story title:
    Keith Brookings starts in clothing company selling blue jeans. They will cater to the sensitive male.
    related story:
    Wrangers out selling “spanky pants” except in San Franciso. Real men prefer blue jeans to wearing their feelings on their behind.

85. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:16 PM

story title:
    Cowboy player (spanky) is to go on Jay Leno to blow the whistle on the cruelty of NFL spankings.
    related story:
    Jay Leno is cancelled.

86. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:19 PM

Story title:
    The NFL commissioner denies allegations that spankings are too harsh.
    related story:
    Congress to investigate if NFL is doing enough to protect the player’s feelings

87. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:26 PM

story title
    Keith Brookings #1 in tweets that start with “Hey Spanky”
    in a related story:
    Keith Brookings copyrights the phases “spanky pants” and “spanky rule”

88. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:31 PM

story title:
    Brett Farve has new hit single, “Pants on the ground”. The music industry calls it lip syncing, but the video is funny as hell.
    in a related story:
    Tony Romeo releases new love song, “Why do my pants hit the ground everytime we meet in the backfield”.

89. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:37 PM

story title:
    The Bradshaw-Johnson debates. To spank or not to spank.
    in a related story:
    Should the NFL have more timeouts.

90. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:45 PM

story title:
    To protect player’s feelings the NFL creates the Bradshaw rule. It is to keep players from getting spanked “too hard”.
    in a related story:
    Does the spanky rule go far enough in protecting the players feelings.

91. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:48 PM

story title:
    Ray Lewis scores 3 touchdowns.
    in a related story:
    Ray Lewis first player to be fines over the spanky rule.

92. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:52 PM

story title:
    Raven’s owner to pay Ray Lewis’s fine and give him a bonus.
    in related story:
    NFL fines owner for insensitivity.

93. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 4:56 PM

story title:
    Hines Ward calls out teammate for “not bringing it” and for “taking plays off”.
    in a related story.
    Hines Ward is sent to sensitivity training.

94. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 5:03 PM

story title:
    Keith (spanky) Brookings makes millions off the copyright to the phrase “spanky rule”.
    in a related story:
    Keith (spanky) Brookings to buy the Dallas Cowboys.

95. ccPunter says: Jan 20, 2010 5:11 PM

story title:
    St. Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay, and Washington deny trade talks about Keith (spanky) Brookings.
    in a related story:
    Kansas City, Seattle, Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, Jacksonville and Dever deny it too.