Pat Kirwan says he's not pursuing job with Seahawks

Pat Kirwan says he’s not going to follow his buddy Pete Carroll to Seattle.

The moment Carroll landed the job with the Seahawks, Kirwan’s name came up as a possible G.M. candidate.  Kirwan never emerged as a possibility for the top personnel job, but he was expected to interview for potential employment as an assistant to the head coach.

Speaking on his Sirius XM show Monday, via the Seattle Times, Kirwan said he won’t be pursuing a job with the franchise.

It’s unclear why Kirwin is staying in the media and we’ll keep our speculation unsaid for a change.  Florio gets back soon anyhow.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
10 Responses to “Pat Kirwan says he's not pursuing job with Seahawks”
  1. kev says: Jan 18, 2010 4:39 PM

best NFL show on the planet
    I hope he stays

2. MasterShake says: Jan 18, 2010 4:51 PM

Has anyone watched the crap that comes out of his mouth? He has zero credibility. I said this, but now I believe this. I wouldn’t trust him in a .99 cent store.

3. Dr Fear says: Jan 18, 2010 5:03 PM

PK is a smart guy. He sees that there is already a day 1 power struggle going on in the front office and wants no part of it. These situations only get worse.

4. PackFanNChiTown says: Jan 18, 2010 5:18 PM

Moving the Chains is an excellent show; I’m happy he’s staying where he is.

5. HarrisonHits says: Jan 18, 2010 5:32 PM

Kirwan can stay in his sit on your ass nice and easy gig that pays him very well, or he can jump into the NFL grinder for probably not a whole lot more money than he’s currently making but with a bucketload of additional stress and travel.

6. JoeSchmoe says: Jan 18, 2010 6:11 PM

It must have been my threat to cancel my Sirius sub that did it… and:
    A) How does one exactly accomplish: “Speaking on his Sirius XM show Monday, via the Seattle Times,” WHICH ONE WAS IT DUDE?? The radio or the paper?
    B) MasterShake: I wasn’t aware you could actually watch crap come out of a guys mouth on radio. I think it’s more realistic to say I’m watching crap come out of your mouth on the internet though… PK rules. Where in the world does the guy lose credibility?

7. rockotica says: Jan 18, 2010 7:14 PM

what kirwan actually was that he said he thought about it, talked w/ his family, and decided to stay at sirius….sure pat. give up the chance to make over $150,000 or stay on with a financially shaky [though amazingly entertaining and creative] company where he makes TOPS $50,000. right pat, like you had a choice.

8. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Jan 18, 2010 7:22 PM

It’s a mess up there in Seattle, hopefully Holmgren can get it straightened out.

9. i'm president charlie! says: Jan 18, 2010 7:53 PM

Moving the Chains > Seahawks

10. Shamrock says: Jan 18, 2010 8:49 PM

Kirwan has more than just the Sirius gig. He also works for CBS, NFL Network, and writes for NFL.com. All of those combined probably pay a good sum, especially considering the lack of stress and limited hours (compared to an NFL front office job).
    He’s also an East Coast guy. He’s got kids at college/marriage age.
    I don’t blame him a bit for not jumping back into the meat grinder of the NFL personnel business.
    Good for him, and good for us Sirius listeners!