Britt posts $165k bail for friend

Kenny Britt is in the legal news again, but he didn’t do anything wrong this time.

Instead, he bailed out a friend for roughly $165,000.  That’s some friend.

Britt’s buddy is a rapper named Albert “Albee Al” Robinson, according to the Hudson Reporter.  Robinson has been convicted twice on gun charges and has three outstanding indictments on
a variety of other serious charges.

We debated whether this was newsworthy, but the words of Hudson County (New Jersey) prosecutor Edward DeFazio made us consider how the Titans may view the incident.

“In our society, people are judged by the company they keep,” DeFazio
said. “It’s clear that there is a long-standing relationship between
the defendant and Mr. Britt. But these charges against the defendant
are very serious, one being a homicide-related incident. You can easily
see what the guy is all about. A victim was shot to death in Jersey
City.”

Permalink 35 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
35 Responses to “Britt posts $165k bail for friend”
  1. PatricktheDookie says: Jan 20, 2010 8:23 PM

Definitely newsworthy.

2. jibfest says: Jan 20, 2010 8:28 PM

Albee uneducated moron, you be the idiot who bailed me out.

3. ChrisJohnsonEnglishProfessor says: Jan 20, 2010 8:30 PM

So the Titans drafted Pac Man Jr.?

4. hizzle1281 says: Jan 20, 2010 8:31 PM

thug

5. Quagmire says: Jan 20, 2010 8:33 PM

I’m sure Albee Al is a very nice man & these charges will prove to be a misunderstanding.
    Kenny Britt also has a rapper name – Assholeio.

6. ChrisJohnsonEnglishProfessor says: Jan 20, 2010 8:43 PM

Kenny Kenny Kenny… You are supposed to take that money to the strip club, and make it rain!
    How long until he has the retarded frohawk?

7. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 20, 2010 8:44 PM

First the hip hop culture ended Gilbert Arenas’ career in the NBA and now it is doing it again in the NFL. Hip Hop needs to be left out of sports.

8. CJ2K says: Jan 20, 2010 8:45 PM

And his official response to this is :
    “Albert (Albee) and I are childhood friends and I am no way condoning any of his past actions. There are a number of people that I grew up with who had problems. Myself and others were fortunate enough to find our way. We want to try to help some of the others who have had problems and show them a way to success. I am hoping Albee can be one of those guys.”
    -FYI

9. comment_submission_error says: Jan 20, 2010 8:57 PM

Was that a cash bond? That’s a nice chunk of change for a rookie.

10. rjgreen3 says: Jan 20, 2010 8:58 PM

hey britt, learn from others mistakes! change people, places and things! if your friend is too dumb not to change his behaviors and you are dumb enough to kickout $165k bail, then I guess it’s dumb of me to say kickout $165k for the underprivaledged kids in Jersey City!

11. Soia311 says: Jan 20, 2010 9:00 PM

Reppin’ Bayonne what what!!!

12. Twiz says: Jan 20, 2010 9:05 PM

This is not even close to football news. It is not our place to judge anyone we don’t know by the friends they keep.
    I don’t think there is a team in the NFL that can pick and choose a person’s friends, is there?

13. Real Vikings fans wouldn't cheer for Favre says: Jan 20, 2010 9:11 PM

My friend and his whore fiancee got trashed one time and I picked them up.

14. BuffaloMike says: Jan 20, 2010 9:18 PM

that really isn’t that much money, people put up their houses for bail all the time.
    this is not newsworthy, this is just a lowly ADA looking to make the news.

15. tombrookshire says: Jan 20, 2010 9:19 PM

No worries, Kenny. You play professional sports. Ain’t nuthin gon happin t’yu.

16. ChrisJohnsonEnglishProfessor says: Jan 20, 2010 9:23 PM

Wait Kenny can pay 165k to bail out a criminal, but he just was arrested himself for traffic warrants? So he can pay a ton of money to someone else, but not a couple hundred for his own tickets… Glad his priorities are straight, and it appears the Titans again drafted Pac Man

17. Atlanta Love says: Jan 20, 2010 9:32 PM

Hey Chapnasty, your comment was stupid. Hip hop didn’t mess Arenas’ career up he did that to himself. Rappers didn’t make him bring guns to the arena. He did that on his own. He is immature and is going to pay for his dumbass actions. Its crazy how people like you LOVE to blame Rap music on how people act. I admit that some rappers aren’t the best role models but its not rational to blame these guys on how a person acts. Its like blaming country music for domestic violence or blaming heavy metal for caucasian teen suicide.

18. Bigbluefan says: Jan 20, 2010 9:34 PM

yeah bail out the thug with the guns
    Plex is lonely

19. ChrisJohnsonEnglishProfessor says: Jan 20, 2010 9:43 PM

Anyways Kenny Britt you sir are a dumbass.

20. jungleman53 says: Jan 20, 2010 9:50 PM

Eat Shit Florio!

21. scrapdawg12 says: Jan 20, 2010 9:52 PM

What an idiot. You have to get far away from people like that Britt.

22. BigEasy says: Jan 20, 2010 10:10 PM

Way to bond out this idiot so he can do what….hang out with you and you all can go to jail together…sounds about right…another “retard” trying to keep it real!!!!!

23. sultanofslot says: Jan 20, 2010 10:34 PM

Wait, I clicked on some link about Kenny Britt and ended up at a Klan rally? How did that happen?

24. mannyfresh209 says: Jan 20, 2010 11:21 PM

well said, atlanta love and sultanofslot.

25. NewYorkJetsFan says: Jan 21, 2010 12:08 AM

Perhaps good insight as to Kenny Britt’s character but still a violation of his privacy.
    Florio, you’re the lawyer, how does this become public?

26. kristoff says: Jan 21, 2010 12:58 AM

buffalo mike, well said!!!

27. Slow Joe says: Jan 21, 2010 1:13 AM

It’s not always easy for high profile athletes to get rid of their loser/gangster friends. If the athlete stops hanging around those guys, he’s doing what they call “big-timing”, and it pisses those friends off. And these are friends with guns and no common sense.
    Maybe Britt bailing Albee out is an act of self-preservation.

28. Route36West says: Jan 21, 2010 3:22 AM

Well I dont fault Britt for this. Alot of professional sports players have ties to people they grew up with whos lives didnt go in a positive direction.
    Britt is new to this kind of publicity and probably didnt realize the kind of negative response bailing out a guy with such an extensive criminal past would create.
    One thing I know is the next time one of his friends get in trouble their going to get a different answer when they ask for bail money. Hopefully for Britt his friends will realize that bailing them out with have negative repercussions for Britt and they will understand and not ask anymore. If they cant then Britt should cut ties with that relationship because they obviously wouldnt have Kenny best interest at heart.
    When your a young man in the public eye you dont think about how these things will effect your career. Now he knows and I think he will be smarter next time around.

29. BIGGJAYY says: Jan 21, 2010 5:54 AM

A lot of money for a dude who is going back to jail anyway.
    This dude has something on Britt.

30. topcide says: Jan 21, 2010 8:34 AM

Route36West says:
    January 21, 2010 3:22 AM
    O whatever.
    When I was in high school I used to run with some crazy kids, and when I got into a decent college I started looking at the big picture and cut ties with most of them. Now some of them are in jail, one distant associate is dead, and the ones that are goos people have remained close to me and we look for each other.
    I had a hell of a lot less to lose at that point in my life compared to Britt and I managed to cut the fat.
    Bottom line is a person who gets paid millions to play a game I used to play for free needs to man up and do the same thing.

31. Lombardi 6 says: Jan 21, 2010 8:34 AM

Got 165K for fencing the 312K worth of jewely from Jerry Porters ride…Douchebag wide receiver story#1654 of the year..

32. bake says: Jan 21, 2010 8:38 AM

Did the Hudson County Prosecutor follow the Rooney Rule???
    —-Mike FLorio

33. cbrianwatkins says: Jan 21, 2010 9:08 AM

Britt was always a punk when he was in college and always rolled with the “bad crowd”
    i’ve seen him get thrown out of numerous bars/lounges in new brunswick for causing trouble
    i see somethings never change

34. Kevin from Philly says: Jan 21, 2010 9:13 AM

“ChrisJohnsonEnglishProfessor says:
    January 20, 2010 9:43 PM
    country music has less about domestic violence than rap. I’m not saying music actually has anything to do with it. I agree its the persons fault, but I’d go more with alcoholics for us country listeners than domestic violence. Heavy metals probably more of a Drug Addiction crowd then suicide too. Suicide is those stupid emo kids who cut themselves in the dark.”
    Well, I guess I don’t have to re-up my subscription to “Rolling Stone”, now that I have the low down on music for the year.

35. DcNinerFan says: Jan 21, 2010 10:16 AM

sultanofslot – Hah, way to defend a scumbag in the name of racism! Did Obama make you do it? Hah.