Favre says he has nothing to prove

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre says he came out of retirement five months ago with the Super Bowl in mind. But if the Vikings lose on Sunday and fall short of the Super Bowl, he says he doesn’t think that in any way diminishes his career achievements.

“People may think I’m pulling their leg, but I really don’t feel like there’s anything left to prove,” Favre said at his press conference today. “Playing 19 years . . .  people forget that I had success, I’ve been in the Super Bowl. I have to remind them sometimes, ‘Hey, I played in the Super Bowl.’ I played so long I have to re-justify my — I was a pretty good player before, I played in the game before, was fortunate enough to win one.”

Favre acknowledged that “I came back for the opportunity and hopes of getting back to the Super Bowl — no doubt about it,” and he acknowledged that he wasn’t happy with the way he played late in the 2008 season with the Jets.

But Favre dismissed a reporter’s question about whether it’s necessary for him to leave the game as a champion, as John Elway did. According to Favre, he’s already accomplished enough.

“I just didn’t play as well as I could have down the stretch,” Favre said of his 2008 season. “But I really didn’t feel like I had to redeem myself.”

Permalink 139 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
139 Responses to “Favre says he has nothing to prove”
  1. downsouth49er says: Jan 20, 2010 1:24 PM

After the Saints whoop that *** this weekend, Favre will be a emotional wreck like he was after the Giants beat them a couple year ago. He’ll then start the retirement crap to keep all the attention on him rather than the superbowl, and the media will all fall for it.

2. Occam says: Jan 20, 2010 1:25 PM

Brett Favre said something??? What a diva.

3. robolundgren says: Jan 20, 2010 1:25 PM

He has yet to prove to have the comprehension to retire.

4. AlanSaysYo says: Jan 20, 2010 1:28 PM

Lying sack of crap. He doesn’t want his only Super Bowl win to have happened 14 years before he retired. He wants another one to prove to everyone that he is the GREATEST QB EVAR, and that’s why he’s still playing and making an ass of himself off the field.

5. rickytheviking says: Jan 20, 2010 1:29 PM

Please lead us to the promised land!!!!!

6. Supersuckers says: Jan 20, 2010 1:32 PM

This guy is so full of shit. 16 years I gave him the benefit of the doubt but after watching insider stuff and interviews the last year he is simply lying. Alot.

7. CYGNUS X-1 says: Jan 20, 2010 1:35 PM

how can anybody forget what you have done when you are always talking about it.nobody said you could not play anymore we are just sick of you being a media whore every year with your will I or won’t I play drama.you just could not accept the fact the packers actualy called your bluff and dared to go on without you.you thought it was all about you and found out it wasn’t you had to prove them wrong and went to the jets and when that did not work out you went to a team desparate enough to put up with your baggage.wonder if they will still worship you when you don’t win it all and play the retirement game again this off season.

8. Action Dan says: Jan 20, 2010 1:36 PM

Nothing to prove? Gee, the other 52 guys on the roster might have something to say about that.

9. SgtSigma says: Jan 20, 2010 1:37 PM

Hopefully this story makes it on PFT most commented. Currently the Vikings have 6 stories in the top 10. I’m proud. Skol.
    On a side note, it probably won’t, because there has been no “guarantee” this week.

10. Bob Loblaw says: Jan 20, 2010 1:37 PM

Nothing to prove or nothing to povre?

11. ElCabong says: Jan 20, 2010 1:38 PM

I’d prefer if favRe had nothing to say.

12. BigEasy33 says: Jan 20, 2010 1:38 PM

Vikes haven’t won a road game since Nov. 1st….they’re playing in the Superdome…..Good news for the Viqueens is that they wil see 10 Viqueens playing in Miami the week before the Super Bowl…..SKOL VIKINGS….lol…….. Who Dat!!!!!!!

13. Vipercwf says: Jan 20, 2010 1:38 PM

What a surprise! Another fail safe comment from Favre!

14. C-Student says: Jan 20, 2010 1:39 PM

then go AWAY!
    prove to me that you understand the concept of retirement.
    prove to me that you not an attention-loving, media whore.

15. TheBetterFaulk(33) says: Jan 20, 2010 1:41 PM

If I was a Vikes fan this would piss me off so much…

16. Vikins says: Jan 20, 2010 1:42 PM

AlanSaysYo says:
    January 20, 2010 1:28 PM
    Oh, you mean ever? That’s making an ass out of himself? Notice, I started with “that” because I can annunciate the difference. Saint fans sound like a failed case of hooked on phonics, not to mention how stupid they look chanting that.

17. Vince says: Jan 20, 2010 1:42 PM

I cant wait till all you bitches cry when the vikings win

18. CheeseGrater says: Jan 20, 2010 1:43 PM

It’s Farve’s world, we are just living in it. You gotta hand it to this guy, he has a mastery of the media like I’ve never seen. He says just enough to make you think he isn’t saying something that he is and it drives people nuts. He said people need to be reminded that he had success, which is exactly what he is trying to do. He’s just being tactful enough to try and avoid the Saints bulletin board, heck even downplaying it enough where they may overlook it, but it is out there.

19. IbleedPurple says: Jan 20, 2010 1:46 PM

I love how worked up you guys get over Favre, I really think its a secret love for him! I respected him when he was a cheesehead and love him as a Viking! He is not a media whore, he is very smart. I don’t know why no one understands the concept of his retirement. So, let me help you… He retired the first time to get away from the Pack, but decided he was not ready to quit. If you did something you loved all your life, no one would fault you for wanting to continue to do that. The second retirement was all strategy. He couldn’t go to the Vikes unless the Jets released him… retire, un-retire… DONE! Now he is playing better than he has before and bringing to the spotlight players that no one knew before this season. He is not selfish, it is not the Favre and Peterson show, it is the Viking show! And I hope that come Sunday, you all love the taste of your foot in your mouth!!!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

20. Supersuckers says: Jan 20, 2010 1:48 PM

Action Dan says:
    January 20, 2010 1:36 PM

21. govikings27 says: Jan 20, 2010 1:49 PM

People are so jealous its funny….there are about 28 teams that would trade their starting QB for favre right now…suck it bitches, Vikes to the SB!

22. RealPervyHarvin says: Jan 20, 2010 1:52 PM

He’s right. He has nothing to prove. His play speaks for itself on the field. Off the field I won’t judge him. Sure he gave up millions of Packer fans but now he has thousands of Viking fans. If he’s happy, and winning we’ll except him here.

23. greenbaygamera says: Jan 20, 2010 1:53 PM

Look at all these crybaby idiots hating on Favre here. He has nothing to prove to anyone. He is a Hall of Famer and won a Superbowl already. If he can win one more great. You idiots do realize the media hypes up everything. Favre has every right to change his mind on things. I’m sure you hypocrites change your mind and manipulate in your lives.
    I hope the Vikings win it all and shut some of your people up.

24. Boudin says: Jan 20, 2010 1:53 PM

nothing to povre! LOLOL!!
    but seriously, the only thing he has left to do is win the Superbowl, look right in the camera and say, “suck it, Thompson. you, too, McCarthy you little bitch.”
    won’t happen this year, tho…

25. zappa says: Jan 20, 2010 1:54 PM

Wow! Always the same posters posting the same crap. This is the week he will lose, this is the week he will break down, Vikes can’t win on the road or outdoors, blah, blah blah. Every game is a new game. Any team in the NFL has a chance to win whenever they take the field no matter whom they are playing. It’s just a game that we all enjoy, why ruin it for yourself getting all worked up about it. Time to hug your kids, stop drinking so much and move out of your parents basement. Lets just hope the games are close and the two best teams playing the best ball move on to the Super Bowl.

26. cbrianwatkins says: Jan 20, 2010 1:56 PM

if i was playing a sport, shit even working a job that i love for 20+ yrs (including childhood) i would have a hardtime leaving, especially if i was good at it
    now i know for a FACT that none of us on here have ever been in his shoes in regards to loving our careers and being great at them for over 20yrs, if any of us did, we wouldnt be wasting our workdays reading and then posting about Florio’s bullshit
    btw, i hate favre

27. BigEasy33 says: Jan 20, 2010 1:57 PM

Only (1) Dome team (ATL)has won a road Chapionship Conference Game since 1967….Who Dat!!!

28. Occam says: Jan 20, 2010 1:57 PM

“He has yet to prove to have the comprehension to retire.”
    People who said that he should retire and couldn’t play anymore obviouisly lack the comprehension to admit that they were wrong, despite a serious mountain of evidence.
    It seems people are more content to look stupid than they are to admit a mistake.

29. sand0 says: Jan 20, 2010 2:00 PM

Like all players that keep hanging around, he probably enjoys the lifestyle more than anything else. His career is too long and successful to really have to prove anything.
    I guess the only thing he would have to “prove” is that last season’s final 6 games weren’t proof that he is washed up. In that sense it is mission accomplished.
    The Saints are favored, better record, and playing at home. If the Vikings lose it isn’t a choke or Brett being washed up. If Vikings win, it would show that the team and Brett are capable of rising to the occasion and outplaying a superior team on their turf with everything at stake.
    That is what Vikes fans are praying for.

30. moreflagsmorefun says: Jan 20, 2010 2:02 PM

Brett has NOTHING to apologize for, he energized the New York Jets last year and it was a good ride, too bad we didn’t get into the tournament. Mangenius HE WAS A JERK!!
    I hope Brett slings it as long as he has the juice
    to do so, why should he listen to someone tell him when to retire especially if he spanked the teAm that let him go, TWICE!!!

31. INTENSEG says: Jan 20, 2010 2:06 PM

I’ve been waiting 33 years for the Saint’s to win a Superbowl. I hope they beat the crap out of the Vikings and Win it all.

32. mbbrazi says: Jan 20, 2010 2:08 PM

Leave Fave alone. he loves to play and he’s not the one who calls the media to come to his house and harrass him about playing or not playing. If you’ve got a problem with Favre do what I do with hockey-don’t watch!

33. scomibord says: Jan 20, 2010 2:09 PM

What is having another pick festival going to prove???
    Who Dat!!! ViQueen fans can have their cheap vodka!!

34. mnmark says: Jan 20, 2010 2:09 PM

Any one 40 or older would understand how impressive this really is. Fan or no fan it is difficult to keep up physically with any 23yr old in any sporting event. I really hope that his o-line really understands how important it is to allow him to make the play happen and run your assignments on every down. This is critical because if the o-line is not in sink neither will the qb. Favre does have something to prove…. the media is waiting for failure so they can bash him and give them the glory of telling the world what a mistake it was for his return. I really wish him his best games ever and then take that John Deere and ride into the muddy swamps where all you hear is an echo of a laugh and a Reggie blessing of nothing but JOY for the rest of his life!!! GO VIKES….this is your day!!

35. Deb says: Jan 20, 2010 2:11 PM

John Elway had lost three Super Bowls prior to his end-of-career success. Despite being considered by many to be the greatest QB of his time, he couldn’t win the big one, and it haunted his career. He’s admitted he felt he needed a Super Bowl win as validation. It wasn’t so much an issue of going out a champion as it was that his career was ending and that was his last chance. He got the gift of a fairy-tale farewell.
    Favre, having already won a Super Bowl, doesn’t need that validation. This would be icing on the cake. You ask any athlete in the league–whether it’s the guy who has zero rings or Brady who has three–if he’d like another shot at the Lombardi and he’ll say yes. But there’s a difference between needing it and wanting it. Elway needed it. Favre wants it. Now that he’s proved his arm won’t fall off in December, he really doesn’t have anything left to prove.

36. stetai says: Jan 20, 2010 2:14 PM

to read between the lines fools, what Brett is saying is that he’s pissed off and he’s going to smoke the Saints like he did Dallas last week.
    A chip on the shoulder Brett, is a dangerous Brett.

37. AR12isBetter says: Jan 20, 2010 2:14 PM

Atleast the RealPervyHarvin knows football, he said millions of GB fans and only thousands of MN fans. Exactly right not to many loser VikQueer fans. Btw Percy, I think you mean ACCEPT HIM. I’m just say’n

38. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Jan 20, 2010 2:14 PM

Supersuckers says:
    January 20, 2010 1:48 PM I Love Brett Favre. I want him to father my children
    —————
    God you are sick!

39. purpleguy says: Jan 20, 2010 2:14 PM

Gee, he responds to a question about whether he has something to prove, he says he doesn’t, and now he’s a diva, a media whore and a liar? Spare me. What was he supposed to say when asked the question by the media — I wanted to come back and shove a metophorical football up McCarthy and Thompson’s collective asses because they were sick of my indecision each year and dumped me?
    He’s right by the way. He’s already won a Super Bowl and this year has had the best year of any 40 year old NFL QB ever, not to mention squashing his old team convincingly twice, outlasting his old team in the playoffs, and beating the favored America’s team in the divisional round.
    Even though he doesn’t have to prove anything, he has convincingly established that he’s still got Hall of Fame skills to go along with his defective retirement decision making genes. That’s the case regardless of what happens this weekend, despite what the zillion gleeful cheesers will post if the Vikes lose.

40. mixman34 says: Jan 20, 2010 2:17 PM

Oops…
    Our Quarterback can beat up your Quarterback.

41. RayDaMayor says: Jan 20, 2010 2:18 PM

Farve:
    “I’ve got nothing to prove, plus I’m skeered of the Saints.”
    Nothing we didn’t already realize.

42. garylandon41 says: Jan 20, 2010 2:18 PM

He answers questions from the media every Wednesday.
    What is he supposed to say when asked “do you feel like you have something to prove?”
    The media has F’d with him so much the past few years taking every little word he says in whatever context they choose

43. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Jan 20, 2010 2:21 PM

BigEasy33 says:
    January 20, 2010 1:57 PM
    ——————–
    Come Sunday night you will be dissapointed, Should be a good game though. Skol Vikings!!!

44. Youngone says: Jan 20, 2010 2:22 PM

Look, Favre played really well this past year but I think if he wins the SB he is gone. If they lose he is coming back.

45. njcheesehead72 says: Jan 20, 2010 2:22 PM

Just remember one thing, Favre came back for one reason and one reason only—– To stick it to the Green Bay Packers and Ted Thompson because they stopped kissing his ass.

46. AlanSaysYo says: Jan 20, 2010 2:27 PM

Vikins says:
    January 20, 2010 1:42 PM
    What the hell are you talking about? The spelling was intentional. Favre makes an ass out of himself by waffling on retirement every year. And not only did I not mention anything about the Saints, but the sentence where you did makes no sense at all. Were you dropped on your head as a child or are your typing fingers just stupid?

47. Majik Bullet says: Jan 20, 2010 2:37 PM

Supersuckers says:
    Sniffle, sniffle. I hate you Favre. Sniffle, sniffle. You lied and you’re a big meanie. You beat my favorite team and made my hero Ted look stupid. Sniffle, sniffle. We’re better off without you, boo hoo. Rodgers will win 6 Super Bowls, he’s the best ever. Whimper. You’re gonna have a train wreck game. Wah, Wah.
    Just shut up, already. If you’re over Favre, which you’re clearly not, then stop pissing and moaning about him and just move on. The guy was asked a question, he answered it. Dumb asses like you wouldn’t be content with any answer he gives to any question, unless he was still wearing green and gold. Get over it, it’s been 2 years.

48. ThanksTed says: Jan 20, 2010 2:46 PM

Scenario 1
    Reporter: Brett, you are 40. Every other winning playoff quarterback retired before this. If you don’t win Sunday, is your career incomplete?
    Favre: No. I don’t feel have anything left to prove. I want to play in the super bowl again, but if I dont, its OK.
    Reporter: There you have it. Favre is a prima donna.
    Packer fans: He sucks Its all about him. What a dishonest prick.
    * * *
    Scenario 2
    Favre: Yes. I feel something prove. I want to play in the super bowl again.
    Reporter: There you have it. Favre is a prima donna.
    Packer fans: He sucks. Its all about him. What a dishonest prick.
    Packer Fans: You have way too much time on your hands. Let it go.

49. SaintsBaby says: Jan 20, 2010 2:46 PM

Favre is playing to prove something to himself and others when he has nothing left to prove to anyone. The Saints are playing for a whole city and a region of the country.
    I have always liked Favre as a player but it has always been about him and this year is no different. Go Saints!

50. Contra says: Jan 20, 2010 2:50 PM

I find it funny that people always give the Vikings crap for making it to the Super Bowl but never winning HOWEVER the Saints have NEVER made an appearance! Its not going to happen for the Saints this year, thats for sure!

51. Fan_Of_ Four says: Jan 20, 2010 2:53 PM

# njcheesehead72 says: January 20, 2010 2:22 PM
    _____________________________________
    Mission accomplished then, well almost. Giving Teddy’s Team a third beat down would have been extra special. To bad they lost….again.

52. Love_Boat_Scandal says: Jan 20, 2010 2:57 PM

Um Brett. You may have nothing left to prove to yourself. But the Vikings are paying you $12 million to prove them right. For once, could you make it about the team and not yourself? No? Didn’t think so.

53. fivefivesixnato says: Jan 20, 2010 2:57 PM

————————————————–
    “Who Dat?” and “Viqueens” Nice english fag…

54. bluestree says: Jan 20, 2010 2:59 PM

Why would anyone think Brett Farve had anything to prove? He never thought that it would diminish his legacy, being known as the retire,unretire guy who stuck around one year too long, almost singlehandedly killing the Jets season (who this year are deep in the playoffs with a rookie QB). The coach killer who threw only noble interceptions, born of his great competitive nature. The guy who, after winning one Super Bowl, was never able to get back to the top, his postseasons always ending ignominiously, throwing horrible, game ending, “What the hell was he thinking of?” interceptions. The guy that threw James Campen under the bus, a guy that thought Brett was his friend. The sideline suck up telling all his Vike teamates “You’re the best I’ve ever played with!” What would a guy like that have to prove? You know Brett’s lying because he’s talking.

55. Maul of America says: Jan 20, 2010 3:03 PM

Didn’t the Saints copy the Who Dat cheer from the Bengals? Oh, I’m sorry they changed it from Who Dey to Who Dat, my bad. That took a lot of creativity! Glad to see that you guys have to copy the all mighty Bengals for something so simple as a cheer.
    Why don’t you just go back to putting bags on your heads at all the games rather than pretending to be real fans. You’re only cheering because they win; Vikings fans fill the stadium every week win or lose (you’re telling me you would have stayed through the Tice years?).
    Once Brees retires or the team falls back down, you know you’re all gonna stop going and will sweep them out of town with more force than Katrina!
    SKOL VIKINGS!
    P.S. Bush is dating a tranny

56. shaggytoodle says: Jan 20, 2010 3:03 PM

Well the last time he and the Vikings had nothing left to proove. They put up another TD with less then two minutes in the game that was all ready over.

57. Supersuckers says: Jan 20, 2010 3:15 PM

Majik Bullet says:
    January 20, 2010 2:37 PM
    Supersuckers says:

58. sand0 says: Jan 20, 2010 3:19 PM

This is going to be the most devastating week in New Orleans since Katrina. Saints are tough but they will crack under the pressure and pass rush. Vikings defense will be the difference in the game plain in simple. One defense will occasionally stop the other while the other defense will fail epicly.
    Who is that?

59. jeffragnarchicken says: Jan 20, 2010 3:20 PM

njcheesehead72 says:
    January 20, 2010 2:22 PM
    ==============================
    Yeah he did. Don’t you think going out with the trophy puts the exclimation point on that?
    Turd

60. Headcrusher says: Jan 20, 2010 3:25 PM

All the Favre haters crack me up. All so angry because at 40 he is better than all but 3 or 4 QBs in the league. The Saints are gonna get beat on Sunday and the more I read these comments the more I am going to enjoy it. I don’t care how bad the Aints fans want it, their season ends Sunday evening at the hands of a 40 year old Quarterback that can’t wait to show his shiny Lombardi trophy to all his old buddies on the Packers.

61. footballrulz says: Jan 20, 2010 3:26 PM

Win or lose this weekend I think Favre has proven all he needs to. If they do lose, and even if it’s because of a Fvare pick, I don’t think anyone can say this has been a “trainwreck” of a season for him. He surrounded himself with a good team andf has taken them much farhter than they would have gone without him. He would not have done this with the Packers. Packers are good to go for the forseeable future.
    Good luck to the ol” man and Vike fans this weekend. Should be a game worth watching.

62. Ambrose says: Jan 20, 2010 3:27 PM

Favre said that? Write this down….he’s lying. Do you know how I can tell? His mouth is open.

63. Occam says: Jan 20, 2010 3:28 PM

“I am glad he is not in GB…..he manipulated his way to Minnesota with 2 years left on his contract to get back at a team that was tired of his crying and behavior.”
    Hell knoweth no fury like a Cheesehead scorned.

64. Boudin says: Jan 20, 2010 3:28 PM

“epicly’
    awesome.

65. Majik Bullet says: Jan 20, 2010 3:36 PM

Super says
    I’m glad he’s not in Green Bay, I like having a team that is 17-15 without Favre. We’re so awesome, remember earlier this year when we won the preseason championship, and Rodgers was the preseason MVP. I’m so glad Favre is gone so we no longer have a QB who will turn the ball over in OT of a playoff game….

66. RWFV says: Jan 20, 2010 3:37 PM

How many Saints does it take to win a superbowl?
    Answer….we’ll never know.
    IALTO

67. mnmark says: Jan 20, 2010 3:48 PM

As a Viking fan anyone comparing a Natural disaster such as Katrina to a Saints loss (mind you a football game) is “TRUELY” classless and doesn’t have a clue or shouldn’t have the honor to watch the game! This disaster even hit the heart of our QB Favre and you can take those comments to hell where it can stay. If both teams play all out and the Saints win great but if they lose they know more than anyone that life next Monday is 100 times more grateful after a loss than the Monday after Katrina. Wake up and leave the personal sh*! out of this. Two great teams one GREAT GAME! Go Vikes!!

68. Supersuckers says: Jan 20, 2010 3:51 PM

Well put Majik. team game my gay son. They were 6-10 with Favre last year too. My gay son. Rodgers fumbled not threw a int. After being hit. Exactly what should have Rodgers done there? Remember it was 3rd down and GB hadnt stopped AZ all day.

69. someone_smarter_than_you says: Jan 20, 2010 3:54 PM

BigEasy33 says:
    January 20, 2010 1:57 PM
    ————————————————–
    Not a Vikings fan, but ironic enough, the one game you are referring to was played in a dome (MIN).

70. bluestree says: Jan 20, 2010 4:03 PM

I’m sorry Brett, have you forgotten that you had an injury to your throwing shoulder. I’m sure Mangini and Tannenbaum haven’t considering what it cost to them to preserve your consecutive game streak. And if you and the Jets manage to get to the big game, I’m sure your former teamates will remember what it cost them.

71. lesdavies123 says: Jan 20, 2010 4:05 PM

I love how everybody is talking about how Brett Favre still thinks he has something to prove to us, have you ever considered that Brett Favre doesn’t care what you think or what you write on PFT but wanted to play for himself and because he loves the game? Also, how is he a media whore, if you had the same job for 19 years and truly loved it, I’m pretty sure you’d be flipflopping also. But of course, he owes it to you to decide really early even though it’s a life-changing decision for him, how does that make sense? Oh and now it’s being a selfish egotistical bastard to want to win the Super Bowl, that also makes sense. Finally, correct me if I’m wrong, all the people who said Brett was classless for his pass late on the Cowboys, I’d like to know who called the play? I wasn’t aware it was Brett who decided whether to kick it, run it or pass it. I guess that just goes to show how much you know about football. Truly last thing now, people saying “Oh Mark Sanchez is a rookie and he’s in the AFC Championship, Brett sucks he didn’t get them to the playoffs.” Look who the coach on the Jets is now, look at their defense and they changed their #1 receiver from Laveranues Coles to Braylon Edwards. Brett, like AlanSaysYo said, keep making an ass of yourself on the field, I don’t know what that means, but I guess he’s talking about your 37 touchdown passes and 7 interceptions.

72. bluestree says: Jan 20, 2010 4:08 PM

Jimmysmith. says:
    January 20, 2010 3:51 PM
    most of us have evolved from the 1800’s.Guess N.O. hasen’t.
    Yeah, you’ve evolved to the point of lifting someone else’s screen name, hasen’t you?

73. shadowman1433 says: Jan 20, 2010 4:14 PM

Why does anyone listen to brett He lies about everything. We’re not buying the “I only play for the love of the game” crap anymore.

74. chadder245 says: Jan 20, 2010 4:14 PM

Thank you someone_smarter_than_you. Saints fans need to know what they are talking about before they post something. And yes, I do know that game was against the Vikes so don’t try and bring that up. I give you props on trying to show off your football IQ …(NOT)!! BigEasy… Your Saints are gonna be “lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground,” once Farve gets done bending them over.

75. jeffragnarchicken says: Jan 20, 2010 4:20 PM

Supersuckers says:
    January 20, 2010 3:51 PM
    =========================
    He probably shouldn’t have held onto the ball for the extent of time he did. Football 101.
    This is why he got hit and fumbled. Indecisiveness will get you every time. :-)

76. chosen2 says: Jan 20, 2010 4:21 PM

Vikings will win on the road, not a doubt. If it where grass maybe. They will be right at home in a dome. 31-17 vikes. Print that………..

77. rickytheviking says: Jan 20, 2010 4:26 PM

I wonder how many of these Saints fans have
    been Saints fans for 30 years?

78. Jimmysmith. says: Jan 20, 2010 4:28 PM

Who dat is almost as gay as the Packers jersey.

79. bluestree says: Jan 20, 2010 4:36 PM

jeffragnarchicken says;
    This is why he got hit and fumbled. Indecisiveness will get you every time. :-)
    ———————————————-
    He had to pull the ball down because Karlos Dansby got in his face. Then it was knocked loose. You would be more authoritative if you knew more about the game.

80. Majik Bullet says: Jan 20, 2010 4:37 PM

# Supersuckers says: January 20, 2010 3:51 PM
    _______________
    Actually, Favre led that same team to 13-3 the year before. You saying they would have been 6-10 with Favre is a prediction, something you claim to never do, but sure have been tossing around of incorrect ones lately.
    And what should have Rodgers done? How about not hold the ball and stand in one spot for 4 seconds. It doesn’t matter if he threw a pick or fumbled, it’s still a turnover. What he should have done was not miss a wide open Greg Jennings earlier in the drive.
    And what’s with gay son stuff? It wasn’t funny before, and it still isn’t now.

81. acers says: Jan 20, 2010 4:39 PM

Vikes/saints were 30-27 AT THE SUPERDOME LAST YEAR. We played WITHOUT Favre. The saints had 2 special teams scores. I doubt very much they will have one this game.
    Vikes on turf, so this is a huge facor for the Vikes.
    I see a good, close game, but the Vikes winning 27-20.
    Our d-line and ability to score in many ways, including Favre, will be tremendous.
    AP should have a field-day against the 25th ranked “defense”.

82. Occam says: Jan 20, 2010 4:46 PM

“Rodgers fumbled not threw a int. After being hit.”
    Exactly what should have Rodgers done there? Bluestree. Are you really trying to sell us that Rodgers did the right thing by fumbling away the game? Really? Can you kindly explain how fumbling away a game is better than throwing a pick to lose a game?

83. Majik Bullet says: Jan 20, 2010 4:49 PM

bluestree says: January 20, 2010 4:36 PM
    ______________
    Dansby never got within 2 yards of him. That play was a designed 3 step drop, quick slant. You can tell because the receivers are all standing around when Rodgers is being hit, because the ball was already supposed to be gone.

84. Jimmysmith. says: Jan 20, 2010 4:56 PM

The Packer fans are KINGS of excuess,always have been always will be.

85. redsquare says: Jan 20, 2010 4:58 PM

Favre can’t escape slagging. If he boasted, he’d be nailed for boasting; if he doesn’t boast, he’s nailed for false modesty. What’s the right answer for you people?
    Of course he wants to go out with a SB win. But it’s not hard to accept that he doesn’t need to in order to feel good about his career. At the end of last year, his whole legacy was shadowed by the messy way things went. Now, even if he loses this weekend, his reputation as a great QB and a winner has been firmly re-cemented. The guy’s 40 years old, holds the consecutive-starts record, and still kicks just about every other QB’s ass. He’s completely redeemed, his legacy iron-clad.
    Singling him out as some kind of aberrant diva is naive. I’d guess that most players, in his shoes, would exhibit the same behavior. He’s gone well outside the norm of longevity and useful playing life, to a place where there aren’t really precedents. The Packers were right to move on from him, and yet we plainly see that he’s still good enough to be one of the top starting QBs in the league. What else would someone in that place, with the competitive urge, do?
    And it’s obvious that he’s talking big-picture here. When he gets into this week’s game, he’ll be dying to win it, just like every other guy on the field.
    I say all this as a Cowboys fan. I respect him as a winner. If the ‘boys didn’t want a late touchdown scored on them, it was up to them to stop it. Favre has never stopped. That’s what this game should be about.

86. wferg1121 says: Jan 20, 2010 5:27 PM

Favre is full of poopy, he is just trying to set the expectations low, in case he flops on his face and the Saints beat the crap out of him. Of course he wants to prove to all Green Bay fans and GB ownership that they made a mistake… If he wins another Super bowl that is the ultimate proof to himself that Green Bay let him go early(I would go with Rogers too!)… Personally I hope Favre gets smacked around and next year he is forced to retire and no team will want him because of his “all about me attitude”. Everyone knows once he is bounced from the playoffs it will be everyones fault except his…. I believe Donavan Mcnabb will be in Minnesota next year, feel sorry for Eagle fans.

87. sand0 says: Jan 20, 2010 5:55 PM

Saying that Sunday’s loss will be the most devastating thing to hit New Orleans since Katrina is not meant to belittle the disaster you guys went through. I wasn’t there and don’t claim to know. But I do feel that this will be the most devastating thing to happen since then, which is what many of you took offense with. I didn’t realize it was “too soon” to bring up. I was understanding that y’all was still dealing with it anyways.
    As a Vikings fan, I know exactly what you guys will be going through this Sunday. It will be heartbreaking. Many of you will cry. Trailers will burn. Fights will break out. I am still saddened when I think of Morten Anderson’s kick going through the uprights and ending our amazing season in 1998. You too will know this pain soon.
    I can’t empathize with Katrina any more than you guys can empathize with what it is like to scrape your car windshield in zero degree weather. I don’t mean to compare Katrina to that either. But I will say that I’d take one massive flood over an entire life of frozen ballz.
    And yes, it is okay to invent awesome words like “epicly” on PFT boards so quicherbichin.

88. DuluthFan says: Jan 20, 2010 6:06 PM

Aside from a few posters on this thread (especially lately…earlier posts started off civil if not down-right kind), there sure is some messed-up hatred going on here.
    It is a FOOTBALL GAME. Not life or death…not Katrina…not even politics…it’s a damn FOOTBALL GAME.
    I am a Vikings fan of 30+ years and will root hard for my home team this Sunday evening (just like many Saints fans will root for their home team). I will drink a refreshing beverage or 8…beer, most likely (just like many Saints fans will). I will be excited if we win and sad if we lose (just like many Saints fans will). I will hope for a good game either way (just like many Saints fans will). If my team wins or loses, I will come back here and congratulate the Saints fans on a good season (like many Saints fans would do).
    For those that do not understand or that do not get anything from the paragraph above (Saints and Vikings “fans” alike)…STFU already…grow-up and please…PLEASE do not take any hostility out on your wife or girlfriend after the game.

89. Supersuckers says: Jan 20, 2010 6:17 PM

Majik, my gay son,
    Ok whatever. Rodgers puts up 45 points and fumbles away one playoff game. I absolutely do not agree with you but lets just for now let you have it your way and label Rodgers a playoff choker. What would you label favre then with the resume he has in the playoffs? 07 title game, 2004 wild card 4 pick defecation, 2003 eagle playoff moon ball to Dawkins, 2001 6 pick-palooza against the rams. 1998 2 picks against the niners, missing a wide open Freeman in a tie SuperBowl with 5 minutes to go on third down at Denvers’ 25 yd line, 1995 title game toss to larry Brown.
    I mean a fumble? What about 2006 against the rams? Driving down the field to at least tie and favre fumbles with a minute left. Those are all ok???? Not to mention the 29 pick turd he layed over the course of the 2005 season. Aaron rodgers has never led a team to a 4-12 record.

90. bluestree says: Jan 20, 2010 6:39 PM

Occam says:
    January 20, 2010 4:46 PM
    “Rodgers fumbled not threw a int. After being hit.”
    ——————————-
    That’s not my post. I don’t know who you’re responding to.
    Majik Bullet says:
    January 20, 2010 4:49 PM
    bluestree says: January 20, 2010 4:36 PM
    ______________
    —————————
    You can’t see the receivers on the broadcast at the time Rogers is hit. You have access to the ‘all twenty two’. So are you a coach, or an NFL Films Employee or what? Merrill Hoge, is that you?

91. bluestree says: Jan 20, 2010 7:01 PM

As usual redsquare, good post, unfortunate choice of screen name.

92. VikesbyBigsky says: Jan 20, 2010 7:16 PM

Hey super–sucker,
    Do you ever get sick of lingering around Viking post’s and trying to make yourself feel better about your loser pukers?
    Then you leave a post and 25 people tell you how much of an idiot you are and still, you keep coming!
    Are you a fan of abuse? Because all you do is look like an idiot on all these Viking post’s.
    Time to get a job and move out of your grandmas house, Greenbay will not hire you to be the mascott!

93. Mrsteve says: Jan 20, 2010 7:18 PM

How could he not want to redeem himself after throwing that INT vs the Giants & then deciding he was going to retire then wanting to come back only to be told we don’t want you. Then he requests to be released or traded to the Vikings or Bucs & the Pack ships him off to the Jets and puts in a poison pill clause that if NY trades him to Min they owe 3 #1 picks. That was a slap in the face no doubt. He played great for the Jets until his arm got hurt and then he still played average at least. So that is no way to end your two final NFL season’s. He got surgery on his arm and this is a guy who avoided bone spur surgery in his ankle because he hates the thought of needing to take pain killers to recover and doesn’t want to get addicted again. So he comes back with the Vikings after first saying no because he was scared his arm wouldn’t hold up. To his suprise & also most of the NFL and it’s fans it was repaired and fixed good. His arm is stronger & more accurate than it has been in years which makes me wonder how long was his arm messed up? So he gets his chance again to prove himself with the Vikings & how do his Packer fans repay him. By calling him a choker & a waffler & a DIVA. When he took them to 4 NFC championships 2 Super Bowls won a couple of MVP’s and a SB for them. He wanted to stay with the Packers & Mike McCarthy & Ted Thompson screwed him then tried to keep him out of the teams he wanted to go to. We don’t want you but we are going to try to F you over the best we can. So he must harbor resentment for them and a burning desire to prove them wrong and shove it in their face. That’s quite a motivator. I think that will help him win the next two games out of sheer willpower alone. Any person would feel the same way.

94. Majik Bullet says: Jan 20, 2010 7:18 PM

bluestree says:
    ___________
    Here you go, genius. Don’t need inside info, just youtube.

95. Majik Bullet says: Jan 20, 2010 7:20 PM

Super, those are examples throughout a 40 year old QB’s entire career. Rodgers choked in his one and only performance.
    I will say again, you need to move on from Favre. If you hate him and don’t care about him, why do you let him haunt you?

96. PurpleRaid12 says: Jan 20, 2010 7:32 PM

Supersuckers says:
    “I have not seen the press conference yet. i will in a few minutes. So I don’t know the context of the question or if it was strictly about him and his career. But Ill watch it and see. You are right. there are 45 that will be active Sunday. the other 44 may have quite the different “perspective” you know though…he’s lying anyway. He lied last offseason too then back tracked. the Peter King interview I am referring to.”
    Translation:

97. bluestree says: Jan 20, 2010 7:44 PM

Like I said, Majik, try watching the game.
    “Dansby never got within 2 yards of him. That play was a designed 3 step drop, quick slant.”
    It was out of the shotgun, not a three step drop. No one ran a quick slant, the underneith guys run stick routes, and they stop running when they turn and see the pocket collapsed on Rogers. Dansby is already in Rogers face. You can’t see the other two recievers unless you have the coaches tape. Now run it back look at the clock. Just over three second from snap to fumble.

98. Majik Bullet says: Jan 20, 2010 8:06 PM

Super says
    Aaron rodgers has never led a team to a 4-12 record.
    ___________________
    Not 4-12, but 6-10, which is so much better. And don’t forget, the 4-12 team came the year Ted arrived and imploded the team. 10 new starters from the year before.
    Rodgers took over a 13-3 team returning 20 of 22 starters.
    As far as what I would label Favre, how about 3 time MVP? Or Super Bowl champ? How about QB who led his team to the ’09 NFC Championship? How are those labels? A lot better than “0-1 playoff QB”.

99. Majik Bullet says: Jan 20, 2010 8:12 PM

Yes bluestree, I looked at it, and the clock. 3+ seconds is longer than he should have had the ball. It was a designed quick out, McCarthy’s bread and butter, throw a 3 yard pass and let the receivers do the work. Only problem was Rodgers first read was covered, and he panicked instead of moving to option 2 and 3. He had his tight end open, not for the first, but punting would have been better than that. He was just holding the ball, trying to make the big play, just like a lot of his other sacks.

100. Tompadre says: Jan 21, 2010 6:13 AM

Deb –
    You shall now be known as Deb, The Voice Of Reason! Thank You!
    redsquare –
    Excellent post!!

101. Tompadre says: Jan 21, 2010 6:45 AM

Super –
    I can understand your frustration over some of Favre’s blunders, he’s had some really bad picks in the playoffs. But he also had only one losing season out of 16 while wearing a GB jersey, meaning you were almost always competitive. He helped the Packers to two Super Bowls, winning one of them.
    What I don’t understand is why all of the loses were his fault, but when it comes to Rodgers “it’s a team game”, “the defense failed” and he never is is held accountable by the Packer faithful.
    Against the Eagles the D gave up a 4th & 26, against the Giants Harris couldn’t cover Burress and the scheme didn’t seem to be adjusted to give him help. The loss to Denver in the SB should fall partly on Holmgrens shoulders for some of his questionable decisions. And I remember reading that Freeman, based on Denver’s defense, ran the wrong route on the missed Favre throw. Yet it’s ALL FAVRE”S FAULT!!
    Rodgers threw a pick that lead to a TD, fumbled (which may have fallen under the tuck rule until he intentionally kicked it) that gave up the winning score and missed a wide-open Jennings that would have ended the game.
    Either hold Rodgers to the same accountability you hold Favre and give him hell, or hold Favre to the same accountability you hold Rodgers and give him a break. To do anything else comes across as childish, bitter and scorned.
    I’m also so impressed with all of these people who can read Favre’s mind and say he’s lying. Afterall, we all really know someone based on edited interviews, soundbites, blogs, editorials, articles, and press conferences. Get a clue people!

102. Tompadre says: Jan 21, 2010 6:55 AM

Majik –
    —————————————————
    He may be looking for the big play, but after watching quite a few of his games this year I think he is reluctant to throw a pass into tight coverage. He holds the ball until he finds someone wide-open. If they’re not, he holds it and gets sacked. Maybe it’s a lack of confidence, maybe he doesn’t want to make the mistakes Favre did, or maybe he’s been instructed by TT & MM to not attempt the throws Favre did. The problem is, to consistantly win the big games a QB must be able to throw the ball into a tight spot. Because of the tight coveerage, I don’t think Rodgers, at least at this point in his career, even attempts the two long passes Favre completed to Rice for touchdowns.

103. jeffragnarchicken says: Jan 21, 2010 8:51 AM

Blues:
    He held it too long, bottom line.
    That you can’t accept that is not my problem.
    There is a reason he was sacked so much, and it isn’t all on the offensive line.
    You are a Packer fan, so, there is no changing your mind. No matter how wrong you are.
    In that situation, where they are at on the field, you HAVE to get rid of the ball.
    Bad things happen when you hold it too long.
    3 seconds is too long to hold it.
    Careful, your ignorance is showing. Again.

104. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 9:04 AM

Tompadre
    I agree with your take as well. Rodgers refuses to throw into coverage, it may be the coaches telling him not to, or he may not want to be labeled a pick machine. Or maybe he is just obsesses with his stats. And him not throwing to coverage goes hand in hand with waiting for the big play. He wants every play to have big results, so throwing to a tightly covered 6 yard out is out of the question.
    As to your post to Super, don’t bother. He blames Favre for every loss, while refusing to hold Rodgers accountable for any errors. If you tell him he’s doing this, he just says he’s using reverse logic to counter all of the Favre supporters. Even if the Favre supporter comes out and says Favre was to blame for a particular loss, he still refuses to put blame on Rodgers.
    And don’t try telling him that a bad play by Favre was possibly the fault of anyone else, such as the Freeman wrong route, he just won’t have it. Super tried to tell me that Favre has Demond Howard to thank for the ’96 season and Super Bowl win, and that Favre had only a “slightly above average” game in the Super Bowl. He also blames the Super Bowl loss squarely on Favre. He is terribly bitter about it, and I’m pretty sure he organized the jersey burning ceremony. The dude just needs to move on, but he never will because he can’t admit he has a problem. He still thinks the Packers are a better team this year.

105. Supersuckers says: Jan 21, 2010 9:27 AM

vikesbysomething orother says,
    “Time to get a job and move out of your grandmas house, ”
    —-
    NO…..I dont wanna

106. Supersuckers says: Jan 21, 2010 9:32 AM

Purple Raid says,
    “I don’t have much to do, but you guys already know that, because I sit plastered to PFT 24/7 in my mother’s basement. I am going to watch the press conference because…… I’m so jealous of the Viking’s success this season compared to my own Green Bay Packers, I have to watch all Vikings press conferences as well as I have to comment on every Viking article on PFT, I know I hardly ever make sense when I say things on here, but hey, I’m Supersuckers. Sharon Rodgers 4 LIFE!!!”

107. Supersuckers says: Jan 21, 2010 9:35 AM

jeff says,
    This is why he got hit and fumbled. Indecisiveness will get you every time. :-)
    —-
    Exactly what would you have done on that play? 3rd and 5 and with the worst net punting team in the NFL giving the ball to a team you havent stopped all day in OT? No one was open yet.
    Green Bay Packers
    Attn: Quarterback tryout department 101
    1265 Lombardi Avenue
    Green Bay WI

108. Supersuckers says: Jan 21, 2010 9:37 AM

bluestree says:
    January 20, 2010 7:44 PM
    Like I said, Majik, try watching the game.
    ——
    3 step drop. remember Majik is a potstirrer. he is also a football idiot with a little pecker.

109. jeffragnarchicken says: Jan 21, 2010 10:22 AM

Supersuckers says:
    January 21, 2010 9:35 AM
    jeff says,
    This is why he got hit and fumbled. Indecisiveness will get you every time. :-)
    —-
    Green Bay Packers
    Attn: Quarterback tryout department 101
    1265 Lombardi Avenue
    Green Bay WI
    ==============================
    What I wouldn’t have done was take a sack in that situation. Throw the damn ball out of bounds! If no one is open, get rid of it!
    I’m thinking you’d take a 38 yard punt over a fumble and td return, wouldn’t you?
    Precious lil Karen is a god in your eyes and he can do no wrong i guess?
    It is fitting the game ended like that, he was doing shit like that all year long.
    Come on, Super. There is a difference in being a fan and admitting the truth.
    You aren’t even trying to be subjective.
    I think I will apply for GM of the GBP. I can finish the job TT started of running this franchise into the ground.

110. Supersuckers says: Jan 21, 2010 10:36 AM

Throw the damn ball out of bounds!
    —-
    That would be called intentional grounding since he hadnt left the pocket. Majik, my gay son, thought it was a 3 step drop. Who cares anymore anyway? that game was almost two weeks ago. on to 2010 for the packers.

111. Ruvell100 says: Jan 21, 2010 10:39 AM

Here is a big picture look at it:
    28-42, 422 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT and 1 rushing TD.
    The offense scored 45 points.
    Majik, Tom, Sensitive J-If Rodgers is to blame in any way for that game, then please be man enough to admit that the reason the Vikings lost to the Bears this year is because of Favre’s poor play.

112. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 10:40 AM

Super, how do you have any clue as to the size of my “pecker?” Do you lurk outside my window with that other dumb ass who stalks me?
    So you’re really trying to tell us that Rodgers taking that sack and fumbling the ball away was the right play? Even if they only got a punt of 20 yards, it’s better than a game ending turnover. But since Rodgers can do no wrong, I guess the fumble was the right choice.
    Maybe you should post the Lambeau address a few more times, it gets funnier every time. I’m sure writing a letter to the “Quarterback tryout department 101″ would yield great results, especially since the last guy to apply was a Super Bowl winning 3 time MVP, and he was turned away without an interview.
    Like I’ve said before, I would really love to meet you in person. You sure run your mouth a lot, and I don’t mean the idiot calling, everyone does that. But now you’re using gay jokes and penis size jokes, and you’ve always been a condescending prick, even your bud jeff says this. I bet face to face, you cower like a little child.

113. jeffragnarchicken says: Jan 21, 2010 11:05 AM

Ruvell100 says:
    January 21, 2010 10:39 AM
    Here is a big picture look at it:
    28-42, 422 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT and 1 rushing TD.
    The offense scored 45 points.
    ==================================
    He wasn’t the sole reason. The defense gets a lot of credit.
    Bottom line, he held the ball too long, took a sack, fumbled away a victory.
    ——————————————-
    Supersuckers says:
    January 21, 2010 10:36 AM
    Throw the damn ball out of bounds!
    —-
    ==============================
    Why didn’t he leave the pocket then? Make all the excuses you want. He fumbled the game away.
    On to the 2010 packers? The team that has 10 key Fa’s?
    Did you get your cake yet? I want a slice!!

114. PurpleRaid12 says: Jan 21, 2010 11:16 AM

Super,
    you forgot to say “translation” from you’re retarded vent to Blues.
    and you spelled Acknowledgement* wrong.
    Jackass.

115. Pervy Harvin says: Jan 21, 2010 11:23 AM

Wow jeff, engaging with these Packer dolts who have nothing to talk about but memories of Rodgers..you know the kid Favre calls Mini Me! LOL Did you lose your shadow yet? This my final attempt at name change,sick of that loser shadowing us.

116. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 11:28 AM

Supersuckers says: January 21, 2010 10:36 AM
    Throw the damn ball out of bounds!
    —-
    ___________
    Yes I made a gaffe. I should have said it was a designed quick out, but said 3 step drop. Most competent people got the gist, you did not. If I was to point out all of your minor errors, I would have to hire an assistant.
    And even if it was intentional grounding, still 1000 times better than a game ending turnover. And Rodgers is such a mobile QB, why doesn’t he roll out? Can’t he sense the pressure? I understand why you want to drop this, you’re running out of excuses. But keep coming with the gay jokes, you spineless coward. Real keyboard tough guy, you’re a joke.

117. Supersuckers says: Jan 21, 2010 11:31 AM

Posted this earlier this am but I guess it didnt make the pft cut.
    Team Supersuckers is taking a leave of absence from all of you geniuses that got it all figured out until the draft! Until then…tooodaloooo!! I know I will not be missed! Just remember we all know nothing (majik you know less) Good riddance to Supersuckers until April!

118. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 11:36 AM

Ruvell100 says: January 21, 2010 10:39 AM
    Here is a big picture look at it:
    28-42, 422 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT and 1 rushing TD.
    The offense scored 45 points.
    _____________
    Ruvell, welcome back. I thought you were a goner, but you’re back and in full form.
    You forgot to put the 1 fumble, in OT, and 5 sacks up on Rodgers’ stat line. And here’s Favre line from that Bears game.
    26/40 321 yds, 2 TD’s, 1 turnover. And 0 game sealing turnovers in overtime. And he never missed a wide open receiver in OT that would have won the game, either.
    And he led them back from down 16, which Super said he can’t do. He would have thrown 7 INT’s if he was down 17 in that Arizona game, but somehow he managed to throw 0 when down 16 against Chicago. Just another erroneous Superism.

119. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 11:42 AM

Supersuckers says: January 21, 2010 11:31 AM
    Posted this earlier this am but I guess it didnt make the pft cut.
    ____________________
    I would hide in shame as well. You’re a proven idiot who runs his mouth and makes idiotic predictions, then says he doesn’t make predictions, and chalks the incorrect ones up to his lame know nothing crap.
    But I suppose this is a good time for you to leave, so you can avoid the inevitable Thompson bashing after Favre hoists his second Lombardi. Later coward.

120. Ruvell100 says: Jan 21, 2010 11:44 AM

Majik, how was camping outside of “Favre’s on the Bayou” for a week? I mean…Jamaica.

121. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 11:58 AM

# Ruvell100 says: January 21, 2010 11:44 AM
    ______________
    Jamaica was great, how was your trip to the Packer HOF? Did you get to see the ’95 Lombardi? I just hope that rehashing that devastating loss in ’95 to the Colts wasn’t too painful.

122. Ruvell100 says: Jan 21, 2010 12:25 PM

The point of that argument, Majik, was your statement that “Good teams don’t lose to 0-7 teams. Period.”
    The fact is, the 97 Packers (yes, the Brett Favre 97 Packers) lost to the 0-10 Colts. Look it up. Then they went to the Super Bowl. So I admitted my mistake 100 times on the year…but the point remains the same.
    What team are you a die-hard fan of next year?

123. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 12:45 PM

Ruvell
    I know you admitted it, but if you can’t handle being picked on about it, don’t keep dishing out the Kiln vacation stuff. Because no matter whether you admit it or not, you, a diehard Pack fan, still said it.
    And like I’ve said a 100 times, I’m a Vikings fan. Get it through your thick skull.

124. Ruvell100 says: Jan 21, 2010 1:14 PM

But you were a Jets fans last year and a Packer fan the year before. And you’re a grown man.

125. Supersuckers says: Jan 21, 2010 1:26 PM

Ruvell100 says:
    January 21, 2010 1:14 PM

126. Tompadre says: Jan 21, 2010 1:27 PM

Majik –
    I think you said it best…
    This not only goes for Super but for a lot of Packer fans. If they love Rodgers so much, which is understandable, then why can’t they move on?

127. Tompadre says: Jan 21, 2010 1:40 PM

Super –
    Since I know you’re still around (you’re the boy who cried wolf, or should I say Thompson in your case, when it comes to leaving this site) I’ll address you none-the-less.
    You make it sound as if the Packers wouldn’t have punted on 4th down if they hadn’t turned it over – the whole we don’t cover punts well, we can’t stop their offense talk. Funny that Rodgers ended up kicking it away anyways!

128. Tompadre says: Jan 21, 2010 1:51 PM

Ruvell –
    I’m not saying Rodgers was entirely to blame but Packer fans seem to obsolve him of his share. Had that been Favre GB fans would be looking for blood. I know you explained on a different thread how Packer fans were forgiving of Favre when he made his mistakes, but the down right contempt they have while constantly bringing those mistakes back up sort of negates their acceptance of it when it happened.

129. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 1:53 PM

# Ruvell100 says: January 21, 2010 1:14 PM
    _____________
    You asked a question, I answered it. No surprise my answer isn’t good enough, you are a member of the fanbase who bashes Favre no matter the answer he gives. For evidence of this, just scroll up. Move on dude, he’s been gone 2 years.

130. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 1:59 PM

Supersuckers says: January 21, 2010 1:26 PM
    Ruvell100 says:
    January 21, 2010 1:14 PM

131. Ruvell100 says: Jan 21, 2010 2:18 PM

Tom-
    I’ll tell you why we’re bitter with him when you tell me what the Packers should have done to appease Brett after the 07 season?

132. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 2:34 PM

# Ruvell100 says: January 21, 2010 2:18 PM
    Tom-
    _______________
    How about bringing in players to help make the team competitive, like Randy Moss perhaps, who they had 2 chances to get, but passed both times.

133. Ruvell100 says: Jan 21, 2010 3:18 PM

Just found this Majik-ism. Off the topic, but interesting.
    Majik Bullet says:
    So, please, pick yourself up out of that puddle of your own vomit and urine, climb back onto your barstool, order another round of Schlitz, and disappear into irrelevancy, until next preseason that is, when Green Bay will again be the best team in the NFL, attempting to lock up their 2nd consecutive Preseason Championship only to fade into mediocrity again.
    ————————–
    Funny that 11-5 and a first round playoff exit is mediocrity now. Let’s look at the Favre years since 99. 8-8, 9-7, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6, 4-12, 8-8, 13-3, 9-7, 12-4.
    Tompadre- you wondered why we’re bitter? The media has created for people like Majik an idea that 11-5 without Brett is mediocre. 12-4 and a first round exit with Brett is FAVRE MAGIC!

134. Ruvell100 says: Jan 21, 2010 3:30 PM

Majik Bullet says:
    January 21, 2010 2:34 PM
    # Ruvell100 says: January 21, 2010 2:18 PM
    Tom-
    _______________
    _______________
    So his receiving corp wasn’t good enough either? Thanks, Majik. I thought I’d heard every Favre excuse there was. Didn’t they lead the league in YAC in 07?

135. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 4:00 PM

And Ruvell, the media didn’t create the image of an 11-5 Packer team ousted in the first round being mediocre, Packer fans did. All we heard all year from Packer fans was how bad Favre sucked, and how great Rodgers was, and how Thompson made such a great decision, etc. Even after the Vikes stomped the Pack twice, fans like you still sang the praises of “the most dangerous team in the league.” So yes, a first round exit is pretty poor considering all the trash talked and hype built up by Packer fans. You made the bed, now lie in it.

136. Majik Bullet says: Jan 21, 2010 5:16 PM

Ruvell
    Stop being such a blatant idiot, you’re worse than Supersuckers. As for your “Majik-ism” (I wonder where you got that from), considering how GB was everybody’s preseason champ and all we heard from Packer fans was how great they were and Super Bowl bound, a first round exit is pretty poor. But the mediocrity I was referring to was the pre-Favre years, the Dark Ages I believe Green Bay is headed back to without Favre. 17-15 in 2 years without him. That’s mediocre, simpleton.
    And I never said his receivers weren’t good, this is you making crap up, again. It doesn’t take a genius to realize the immediate upgrade Randy Moss would provide any team, no matter how talented the current receivers are. Look what Ross did for Brady. They were already a great team, Moss made them nearly perfect. Imagine what Favre could have done with Moss, Jennings, and Driver.
    And again, I was just answering your question as to what GB could have done to appease Favre AFTER ’07. So how was I making an excuse. This is just typical Packer homer, Favre bashing stupidity on your part.
    So now it’s your turn to answer the question. If you’re so over Favre, and happy with Rodgers, why are you constantly on Viking threads bashing Favre? The only reason I can think of is bitterness.

137. Tompadre says: Jan 22, 2010 7:19 AM

Ruvell100 says:
    January 21, 2010 2:18 PM
    Tom-
    ============================
    You’re asking the wrong guy for that question. I’ve contended GB should have traded him earlier then they did. Sounds crazy I know, but here me out.
    I think it’s obvious Thompson wasn’t big on Favre when he took the job. Who can blame him. He was a new GM who had a certain vision for the team and a player who had an incredible amount of influence within the organization. But who could blame Favre for wanting to do everything possible to remain competitive for the remaining years he had left in the league?
    They had different visions, views & objectives. Neither was right or wrong – just different. They should have realized after the first year neither wanted much to do with the other and this was headed for a bad conclusion.
    If they would have jointly presented the seperation as it being best for both parties I think it would have been hard for Packer fans to take but easier than the debacle that took place. GB could receive a nice bounty for a 35 y.o. QB with Favre’s resume’ so they could build the team around Rodgers (like some OL) and they could have sent him to a team he was looking to play for. If they had only truly communicated with each other they could have come to win-win decision.

138. Ruvell100 says: Jan 22, 2010 2:31 PM

Interesting take, Tom. But I don’t think the organization really pushed Favre out. Favre had some really bad years in 05 and 06 and they welcomed him back. I doubt they didn’t bring him back after his great 07 year because he wasn’t in Ted’s plans.
    In his famous Greta interview, Favre admitted that he had thought about unretiring in April of 08 and then backed out again. My guess is that at that point the organization decided they were tired of having to put him ahead of the other 52.

139. Tompadre says: Jan 22, 2010 4:25 PM

Ruvell –
    Because of his stature in the organization I don’t think Thompson wanted to push Favre out, but I don’t think he was going to shed any tears if Favre left (retired) either. I agree by o7 they needed answers sooner rather than later from Favre. I think there was an uneasiness between the two from the start and I think that was a factor in Favre’s heming and hawing over retirement.
    Retirement is difficult for the vast majority of people because of the finality of it. It’s the only thing you’ve done for a living, you’ve been doing it for the better part of three decades, you still love it, still have fun doing it and still can do it at a high level. Now throw in for over a decade you also have been crushed by 300 pound men, collided with men running at 4.4 speed, and have had more injuries to your body in the past decade than almost anyone will have in a lifetime. The off season takes up more of your time then when you started and you have less in common with your teammates now that your older and more of a family man. You also wonder if you no longer fit with the only organization you’ve ever known.
    I heard a former AFL player who co-hosted a radio show talk about a conversation he had with his son. His son was on his college football team but was ready to quit after his sophomore season. The former AFL player said he told his son that was fine, but remember, once you take those pads offf – they’re off for good, you will never play the game again.
    I had never thought of it in that way. Every other sport you can continue to play; they have rec leagues for baseball, basketball, hockey and tennis & golf you don’t even need a league. The competition and level of play changes, but the game itself is fundamentally the same. But you never strap on a helmet and pads and play tackle football again. (Touch and flag football are not the same game)
    I know it’s hindsight, and it sounds crazy for a team to trade a player so closely associated to his team, but I can’t help but wonder if it wouldn’t have been the most beneficial to all involved.
    Sorry I got so long winded.