Prince creates a Vikings fight song

Pop star Prince has been spotted at a couple of Vikings games this year, and we can’t quite tell whether the look on his face suggests he really doesn’t want to be there, or whether he’s just had his Botox tank topped off.

Apparently, it’s the latter.

Prince, via our pal Brooks, is releasing a Vikings fight song tonight.

Based on the lyrics of some of his classics like “Erotic City” and “Let’s Pretend We’re Married,” we can only wonder what kind of stuff he’s going to have Brett Favre and Jared Allen doing.

Insert perfunctory quote from “The Outing.”

UPDATEHere’s the song.  It’s not good.  As a reader on Twitter pointed out, it’s eerily similar to the time Ross unveiled his “music” on Friends.

Permalink 120 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
120 Responses to “Prince creates a Vikings fight song”
  1. Occam says: Jan 21, 2010 9:05 PM

It was odd that His High Purpleness was pretty much the only person at the Vikings game last week not wearing purple. Just……….odd. I mean, when 95% of your wardrobe is purple, and you go somewhere where your supposed to wear purple……

2. SgtSigma says: Jan 21, 2010 9:08 PM

Can’t say I’m proud of this one…oh well.

3. JMClarkent says: Jan 21, 2010 9:08 PM

Game. Blouses.

4. Click Here To Continue Reading... says: Jan 21, 2010 9:08 PM

When the Vikes are done beating the Saints they can purify themselves in the waters of Lake Minnetonka

5. CanadianVikingFan says: Jan 21, 2010 9:13 PM

Whenever they cut the Camera to his box, and they show his face it scares me. He doesn’t move and he doesn’t show emotion.

6. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 21, 2010 9:20 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

7. giantcatfanhouse says: Jan 21, 2010 9:26 PM

You mean to say “The Artist Who Can’t Figure Out What to Call Himself” is going to write a song for “The Quarterback Who Can’t Figure Out If He Wants To Retire Or Not”?
    The possibility of song titles is endless….

8. BillsFan27 says: Jan 21, 2010 9:27 PM

Purple Rain? Yeah… that’s nasty.

9. myasylum says: Jan 21, 2010 9:30 PM

To bad he doesn’t write lyrics like that anymore.
    I noticed too that he doesn’t show any emotion.
    The guy hasn’t aged past 30 either.

10. robyne robinson says: Jan 21, 2010 9:30 PM

I talked to Prince… he said, “He’s seen the future!!” If you’re not in Minnie… you can hear the entire song at http://www.myfox9.com. Skol Vikings, bitches!!
    Robyne Robinson
    Anchor/Prince friend
    Fox 9 News Mpls

11. JaggedMark says: Jan 21, 2010 9:31 PM

In the pouring rain, no less.
    He could start his own site: prosongwritertalk.com

12. shukey11 says: Jan 21, 2010 9:31 PM

Maybe after they lose he’ll serve them up some pancakes.

13. Yeahmuggz says: Jan 21, 2010 9:33 PM

So prince making a fight song? I would just redo Purple Rain. The
    d-line rains down on the qb? Brett Farve makes touchdowns rain? There are so many options with this song. I can’t wait to see what he comes up with.

14. effs420 says: Jan 21, 2010 9:33 PM

# JMClarkent says: January 21, 2010 9:08 PM
    Game. Blouses.
    # Click Here To Continue Reading… says: January 21, 2010 9:08 PM
    —————————————————–
    lmao

15. Onderin says: Jan 21, 2010 9:36 PM

Having a musical legend want to make a song for your team is amazing. Say what you want about Prince’s mannerism and personality, but you can’t deny:
    1. His musical genius
    2. That you would want someone to do that for your team

16. Myballshurt says: Jan 21, 2010 9:36 PM

C’mon fags…Prince rules. Second best halftime show in Super Bowl history….behind last years Bruce performance of course.
    That includes the tit-show that Janet Jackson gave us.

17. mann1976 says: Jan 21, 2010 9:37 PM

Prince is a rock star not a freaking pop star dumb ass. What pop star has the instrumentation abilities that prince does?

18. leatherneck says: Jan 21, 2010 9:37 PM

How cool is this ?!?
    Prince is awesome. The Minnesota Vikings are awesome. I am looking forward to this.

19. troll_aikman8 says: Jan 21, 2010 9:39 PM

Blouses versus Shirts?
    Saints 42 Vikings 15
    Favre, crying at podium whilst throwing Chilly under the bus.

20. FumbleNuts says: Jan 21, 2010 9:39 PM

That dude is a freak!

21. JaggedMark says: Jan 21, 2010 9:40 PM

C’mon Florio, admit it, that was a damn good Super Bowl halftime performance Prince gave.
    Can you admit it?
    And I’m sure the 70 yr old members of “The Who” won’t come close to Prince’s performance.

22. The Van Buren Boys says: Jan 21, 2010 9:40 PM

Congrats, this is officially GAY!

23. Asswipe Johnson (Pronounced Az-Wee-Pay) says: Jan 21, 2010 9:42 PM

Prince and Jared Allen’s mullet will be on the next VH1 ‘Remember the 80′s’ series…

24. What's Ur Angle says: Jan 21, 2010 9:45 PM

He should call it Purple Vein!!

25. doe22us says: Jan 21, 2010 9:46 PM

# JMClarkent says: January 21, 2010 9:08 PM
    Game. Blouses.
    # Click Here To Continue Reading… says: January 21, 2010 9:08 PM
    funny as hell, damn i miss Chappelle lmao

26. Farves sweet Hair says: Jan 21, 2010 9:47 PM

Man I would be proud if a little gay man that dresses like a women & keeps changing his/her name every year. NOT. the he/she is a weirdo!

27. pugdog1228 says: Jan 21, 2010 9:48 PM

Anything is better than that silly “skol vikings” crap. As a Philly fan in Minnesota last year I laughed like a hyena at that lame song… I will say, being a veteran of a dozen road games in full Eagles gear, the Vikes fans were the absolute classiest I ever saw. I left with zero hatred for that team and a great affinity for it’s fans and city. A great experience all around. I will never don another teams jersey, but I root for the Vikes because the classiest fans in the NFL deserve a winner! Eagles for Vikes fan club… BTW, thanks for the beatdown of the Cowpokes, especially the last TD! That was a personal favor from Chilly to Big Red! Thx and go bury the Saints!

28. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 21, 2010 9:49 PM

“Before you get on Prince too much, he definitely gave the best or second best Super Bowl performance we’ve seen to date.”
    Well, thanks for issuing everybody’s opinion to them, JaggedMark! I’ll never let the elevator bring me down!

29. lesmilesneedsabrain says: Jan 21, 2010 9:57 PM

Prince ….or…U2. Prince ….or….U2! I am leaning towards U2. Prince sucks. THE SAINTS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!

30. KFUNK says: Jan 21, 2010 9:58 PM

Now this post made me sign up after many, many years of reading this site. :-) Prince and the Vikings…two of my favorite things in life!
    Prince did an homage, or fight song if U will, before with “We Gets Up” which was 4 the Bulls and Jordan back in the day. So I am excited 4 this one 2night.
    Prince, regardless of what U think of his dress, religious beliefs or whatever other things out of the ordinary he may have done…is an INCREDIBLE musician. And his Super Bowl performance was one of THE best…the best in my book. And the same can be said 4 his Hall of Fame performance of “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”. He does not wear purple all of the time either…nor does he cuss any more (a la Erotic City and Let’s Pretend We’re Married). I have seen him perform numerous times and as a father now am happy I can take my daughter to see “real music by real musicians”. Thank U Prince! And…Go Vikings!!!
    Live 4 Love
    KFUNK

31. wreckastow says: Jan 21, 2010 10:02 PM

Prince may be the most underrated musician of all-time, especially on guitar. Most people have no clue. Btw, have you ever seen a list of the women this guy has dated?

32. BigEasy says: Jan 21, 2010 10:04 PM

Is he “Prince” or “The Symbol” or is he what “SKOL Vikings” are about……WTF is “SKOL Vikings”????……before I blast it!!!!!

33. credit_score_rapper says: Jan 21, 2010 10:12 PM

I don’t mind that Prince is making a Viking song, it could be a lot worse given some of the crap that passes for musical talent these days. I won’t talk about Prince’s perfect imitation of a wax statue of himself because that’s been covered 100 times already.

34. JaggedMark says: Jan 21, 2010 10:17 PM

Please post a link to the song as soon as you can.
    Thanks

35. KFUNK says: Jan 21, 2010 10:22 PM

Here is the direct link…
    Live 4 Love
    KFUNK

36. fivefivesixnato says: Jan 21, 2010 10:30 PM

————————————————–
    Skol Bitches!

37. JimmySmith says: Jan 21, 2010 10:35 PM

Let’s see, Prince wears fluffy blouses, the head coach wears a dress, most of the Biqueen fan base buys KY jelly in economy size jars, does anybody see a common thread in all of this?

38. Torres says: Jan 21, 2010 10:39 PM

Lets run a play…Computer Blue!

39. GobiasINC_1 says: Jan 21, 2010 10:41 PM

Favre will be singing this soon when he guest hosts American Idol. After the Vikings lose to the Saints of course.

40. greenbaygamera says: Jan 21, 2010 10:46 PM

# Farves sweet Hair says: January 21, 2010 9:47 PM

41. StillABrownsFan says: Jan 21, 2010 10:46 PM

wow, listening to it now. That song is awful and embarrassing

42. ALLDAY says: Jan 21, 2010 10:47 PM

this song is horrible, why?

43. KFUNK says: Jan 21, 2010 10:47 PM

It was really a “fight song”…was hoping 4 something more funky…now time to check out the whole song on the FOX site. It will be on the Vikings site as well.
    Live 4 Love
    KFUNK

44. myasylum says: Jan 21, 2010 10:47 PM

I love Prince, but that was gay!

45. Gene Simmon's Tongue says: Jan 21, 2010 10:48 PM

Prince said:
    Long rein the Purple & Gold
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    Most sissy-ass fight song EVER!!!

46. ILikeBeer says: Jan 21, 2010 10:49 PM

i just heard it. i like prince and i love the vikings but it was really, really horseshit

47. myasylum says: Jan 21, 2010 10:49 PM

Who REALLY thinks the Vikings will win Sunday? Even if you are a Vikings fan… Deep down inside, I think you know, that would be nobody.

48. StillABrownsFan says: Jan 21, 2010 10:51 PM

Favre singing “Pants on the Floor” was 29 times better than this

49. Click Here To Continue Reading... says: Jan 21, 2010 10:54 PM

“That little gay man gets more pussy then you will ever have. On top of that he’s f’ing JimmySmith every night. JimmySmith likes to be the bottom to that short mans top.”
    Don’t think so… supposedly he’s been celibate since 1999… though with that in mind he probably still gets more tail than some of these people on here

50. Occam says: Jan 21, 2010 10:55 PM

“You will know what “Skol Vikings” is all about when the Vikings finish what Katrina started and break the last bit of spirit your city has left son!”
    And we have a landslider winner for the “Idiot Of The Day” award. Nice job!!

51. bustabloodvessel says: Jan 21, 2010 10:59 PM

skol is an old scandanavian word thats means cheers.

52. bustabloodvessel says: Jan 21, 2010 11:05 PM

By the way, most people don’t r\know he played every instrument on the first album Prince and the New Power Revolution did, then went out and found the band. He plays something like 20 different instruments. Anyone who doesn’t like him is retarted, and whoever thinks he’s gay is just about as retarted. The guy just has to walk into the room and will pull every chick with a wink!!

53. kosarsmyidol says: Jan 21, 2010 11:06 PM

I actually went to a different site, thinking that what I was listening to was a prank. It wasn’t. If they play that in Vikings stadium, you’re going to have Vikings fans slashing their eardrums with shards of peanut shells.
    Can you edit the article to read ‘former pop star’? This guy is about as relevant as Hanson…

54. GB3Pack4 says: Jan 21, 2010 11:09 PM

Been hearing for years that Prince is this HUGE Vikes fan – why hasn’t he seen them “in a long time”? Song was a nice gesture. As for melody and lyrics, everybody has a down day once in a while.

55. lebowski says: Jan 21, 2010 11:11 PM

Yuck.

56. Bob Loblaw says: Jan 21, 2010 11:15 PM

At least the Vikings fight song isn’t Brett Favre singing “Pants On the Ground”.

57. Reptar says: Jan 21, 2010 11:19 PM

Ahahaha that is the most ridiculous shit I have ever heard. What the hell does he represent, the Lollipop Guild? That sounded like a nursery rhyme on LSD. I mean, damn…I think Justin Bieber woulda been a safer bet for a Vikings anthem.

58. JaggedMark says: Jan 21, 2010 11:21 PM

And here is the musical genius’s song:

59. leatherneck says: Jan 21, 2010 11:26 PM

Hold on, everybody. Prince released the wrong fight song. That was just a rough draft of a children’s song he’s writing. That’s not the real one. Just hold on for awhile.

60. Sarge says: Jan 21, 2010 11:31 PM

Somebody Rickroll that abomination.

61. Jville808 says: Jan 21, 2010 11:36 PM

I feel the need to wash my ears out with soap now. That had to be the worst song I have ever heard. Poor Vikings fans. Ya’ll should tell him to keep that gay ass song to himself…lol

62. Deb says: Jan 21, 2010 11:37 PM

Fight song? Fight? What are they fighting? Falling asleep while they listen to this horrible draggggging song?
    “Here we go, Steelers, here we go” is a fight song. Okay, there’s not much to it, but it kept my baby nephew from screaming for half an hour after I got tired of singing “Whiskey River.”
    Vikes fans should just sing the chorus of “Purple Rain” over and over again … you know, like it’s Marshall Tucker’s “Can’t Ya See ….” Just picture it: All those visiting beer-guzzling, golden-wigged, horn-crowned fans, arms slung over one another’s shoulders, crooning to the rafters in New Orleans “Purple rain, puuurrppplee raaaiinn.” It’ll be great!

63. PurpleNGold says: Jan 21, 2010 11:38 PM

sounds too much like church
    creampuff casper milktoast words
    no fighting spirit

64. East Bay Ray says: Jan 21, 2010 11:46 PM

That song is fantastically horrible. It’s like a cheesy church hymn. It’s absolutely worse than Tomlinson’s silly rap. Hell, DJ Steve Porter could do a dance mix of Favre’s “I’m retiring”, “I’m unretiring” speeches and it would be better than that. Actually, that would be pretty damn cool, especially if he added liberal doses of Favre crying like a bitch.

65. Sarge says: Jan 21, 2010 11:56 PM

Give me a 12 pack of Grain Belt and a jar of pickled eggs and I’ll come up with something more motivational and inspiring from my assh in the morning.

66. mnmaverick says: Jan 21, 2010 11:59 PM

I like this onme, the video is lame as hell, I know that but listen to the song and the lyrics. Much better than “SKOL Vikings” or that cream-puff Prince scribbled up.

67. favresux says: Jan 22, 2010 12:03 AM

did not know prince(^%$) or whatever it’s name is was still trying to make music

68. MNPawn says: Jan 22, 2010 12:15 AM

Horrible, if they play that in the locker room before the game it would do nothing good for the team. It might however get some of the butterflies in the stomachs to fly freely.

69. Tsinakis311 says: Jan 22, 2010 12:27 AM

That is the worst piece of garbage I have ever heard. Ugh!
    WE DAT! SKOL!

70. packers4life says: Jan 22, 2010 12:40 AM

You are a classless piece of shit. Grow the hell up douchebag.

71. Tompadre says: Jan 22, 2010 12:45 AM

Now tell me that wasn’t sung by the Lawrence Welk Singers.
    “I saw the future,” said Prince.
    He said he went home that night, wrote the song, “Purple and Gold,” and said it came easy and fast.
    I bet it did! I also bet most of PFT Planet could pen a song easy and fast that was as bad as that.

72. GiantSquid says: Jan 22, 2010 12:52 AM

bad song but Prince is 1000x better than the stupid emo band you probably listen to.

73. XLI says: Jan 22, 2010 1:38 AM

“Shoot the J… Shoot it!”
    “And then we went inside and he made us waffles … waffles”

74. Dustin Chandler says: Jan 22, 2010 2:18 AM

LOL @ everything.
    This just makes me miss Dave Chapelle. :(

75. tirademan says: Jan 22, 2010 2:44 AM

He wanted to do this…
    tirademan

76. Igottz5onit says: Jan 22, 2010 4:01 AM

That is really just no good

77. Tompadre says: Jan 22, 2010 4:07 AM

JimmySmith says:
    January 21, 2010 10:35 PM
    ===============================
    Yes, I’ve noticed you have an abnormal fixation for men in all of your posts.

78. cliffcla says: Jan 22, 2010 4:18 AM

I agree, it sounds churchish

79. littlenicci says: Jan 22, 2010 5:18 AM

Hey Prince is a megastarr and its great that he has done this. Its not the greatest song of his that I have ever heard but its suitable as a football fan song, its rousing and patriotic and I think rather sturing. Its a grower I feel. Prince rocks and he’s the coolest dude on the planet. Thanks for coming to London 07 P we loves ya.x

80. smokesome says: Jan 22, 2010 5:37 AM

prince is the man. it’s really too bad he likes the vikings.

81. Roboto says: Jan 22, 2010 5:58 AM

Prince spent his entire career ripping off Jimi Hendrix. It didn’t work. Besides, he’s too much of a pansy.
    Hendrix rules! Prince drools!
    Next year, the Steelers are going to wipe out every other team in the league again. Just like so many times before. Ha!
    DAMN IT!!

82. effs420 says: Jan 22, 2010 6:05 AM

vikes fan here but that song sucks
    and yes call prince a little fag all you want but even if he’s supposedly been celibate since ’99 he has still gotten better tail than most of you on this board…in both quantity AND quality
    not really a fan of his either but i’m just sayin

83. last starfighter says: Jan 22, 2010 6:10 AM

Why do need a fight song at the pro-level?Isn’t the point of one to motivate players and/or fans? They really do have fan support issues in minni if they require a fight-song.

84. turgid says: Jan 22, 2010 6:24 AM

“He said the song came easy and fast”
    So did VoxVeritas’s and Boysroll father that doesn’t mean they should be heard either.

85. OmahaVike says: Jan 22, 2010 6:25 AM

i’ve been reading this site for a couple years now, and this story forced me to register.
    OPEN LETTER TO NFL FANS EVERYWHERE:
    i am truly sorry for the damage that has been done to your psychological health due to listening to this song. please ignore the retarded purple guy pretending to be a Vikings fan.
    thank you.

86. shamemaker says: Jan 22, 2010 7:27 AM

Best superbowl performance yet. Not a big fan, but that guy tore it up.

87. Fire Ted says: Jan 22, 2010 7:37 AM

Leave it to douchebag assclown Vikings fans to suggest the Vikings will “finish what Katrina started…” Notice how many Saints fans aren’t compelled to talk about a bridge collapse, not because it’s “insensitive” but because you would have to be a complete dick in serious need of an asskicking. Not surprising, really…most of them are.

88. TechnoHawk says: Jan 22, 2010 7:51 AM

Prince is laughing at everyone from atop his pile of purple and gold.

89. polishkingski says: Jan 22, 2010 7:55 AM

i kinda like it….

90. OranjelloJones says: Jan 22, 2010 8:34 AM

Yea FireTed, because it’s not like only one idiotic guy said that, it’s been repeated by MANY Vikings fans….oh wait. I dunno who’s the bigger idiot, him for saying it or you for painting all Vikings fans with that broad brush.
    Prince is a hell of a performer, one of the most underrated musicians in rock, had one of the best Halftime shows ever at a SB but sorry folks this song is just TERRIBLE. It’s not catchy lyrically, it’s not a march or upbeat like fight songs are supposed to be. It’s not celebratory at all, in fact it sounds funereal or like a song of mourning.
    My first reaction was “Is this a joke?”.

91. Kevin from Philly says: Jan 22, 2010 8:38 AM

Isn’t that the theme song from Dana Carvey’s “Church Lady”?

92. sand0 says: Jan 22, 2010 8:42 AM

That sounded like church boys singing choir.
    I mean, I didn’t necessarily expect a testosterone laden kill your mother kill your father death metal track but I thought it would be more aggressive than…church.

93. bluestree says: Jan 22, 2010 8:47 AM

Listening to this song I realized I had picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.

94. Cereal Blogger says: Jan 22, 2010 9:00 AM

I love this,,,if the Vik’s win this thing is going platinum. “How are your pancakes Charlie Murphy”

95. Roboto says: Jan 22, 2010 9:13 AM

I blame Bush and Republicraps for Katrina. They didn’t care before or after that hurricane. They were too busy deregulating Wall Street, helping the rich get richer, and throwing illegal wars while stripping us of our civil liberties and privacy rights. Bunch of scumbags. I hate you all!!

96. PurplePride45 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:20 AM

Packer’s fans are crying in their cheerios this morning. We’ve got both of your heroes in Minnesota: Favre and PRINCE bitches!

97. GusTheViking says: Jan 22, 2010 9:30 AM

This is absolutly the worst “song” I have ever heard.
    New Kids On The Block could have a made a better “fight” song.
    Why Prince???WHY???????????????????????

98. Seaman Jelle says: Jan 22, 2010 9:36 AM

Damn, purple just became 2 shades gayer. As a Vikes fan I can’t stop laughing. This song is gonna strike some fear into the Saints! Leif Ericson no longer wants to be known as a Viking, he is cool with being Leif the Sailor. If this was a real Viking warsong there would have been no raping and pillaging, there would have been candle-light dinners and chick flicks.
    Prince~Your pride and masculinity are calling for you, line 2, please pick up.

99. Didier says: Jan 22, 2010 9:40 AM

Clearly, Prince is joking. That has to be the worst fight song ever — unless you’re talking about a pillow fight at a middle school girls’ sleepover.

100. mnmaverick says: Jan 22, 2010 9:46 AM

What is Obama accomplishing in Afghanistan? Which way is he taking the economy?
    Which way is he taking America?
    Straight to the shitter, libbies.
    I blame the people of New Orleans for letting their liberal traits make Katrina a mess.
    No values, no personal responsibility, etc.
    Blame Bush? The Government can’t interfere in state matters unless summoned by the state to do so. The Mayor messed that up. Two, Everyone knew a hurricane was coming. It was on the news for a week, if not longer. If you didn’t take personal responsibility in evacuating and/or doing everything in your power to get out of harm’s way, you paid the consequences. It’s that simple.

101. kartell says: Jan 22, 2010 9:55 AM

Skol Bitches!”
    fivefivesixnato:
    Here’s an open invitation to come to the NFC Championship, buddy. Sounds good so far? How about if I buy you a plane ticket and you come down here and spout off your thoughts on Katrina while standing on the corner of Poydras and Claiborne this Saturday? I’m dead serious.
    Got any good jokes about Haiti since you’re on a roll? Stupid POS!!!

102. TrauMorgus says: Jan 22, 2010 10:01 AM

I’m pretty sure this whole thing is fake. “Prince” says he hadn’t watched in a long time but I’m pretty sure they showed him at a game in the regular season this year.

103. THEpackersAREwhere? says: Jan 22, 2010 10:04 AM

Wow. That music sounds like some sunday school song the little kids sing after church. When I hear that song, I think of somebody making a song like that about a team that they hate to make fun of them. Fight song? I think of an animated movie sceen from a disney movie with little animated blue birds flying around a meadow with other baby animated animals all around some happy little children. That was sad.

104. Silverblue says: Jan 22, 2010 10:05 AM

Prince has seen the future? WTF? He sure as hell hasn’t seen past this Sunday. Will someone break the news to him that Favre is 50 years old? Let’s break it down, boys. The song is horrible. I heard the song and the first thing that popped in my head was a funeral procession. But yet somehow its appropriate cuz the Vikings knew how to throw down a funeral. Favre’s out on a boat in the waters dead of old age and they light that bad boy on fire. THAT’S what Prince’s song is about.

105. BigEasy33 says: Jan 22, 2010 10:08 AM

Prince has the worst song for the Viqueens and he’s a professional….they have over 50 songs and covers about the Saints right now !!!
    @fivefivesixnato
    Your a retard to bring Katrina in this and I would hope to meet you someday so I could beat the shit out of you!

106. Tompadre says: Jan 22, 2010 10:09 AM

packers4life says:
    January 22, 2010 12:40 AM
    You are a classless piece of shit. Grow the hell up douchebag.
    —————————————-

107. Roboto says: Jan 22, 2010 10:17 AM

LMAO! You right-wingers are truly a joke. mnmaverick, take you nose out of Limbaugh’s @$$ and wise up, you family values phoney. I hate scum like you.
    Obama’s isn’t doing so bad when you considerthe mess he inherited from you money lovin’, greedy conservative bastards. Go plug yourself, clown.
    If the same thing happened in, say, Orange County California, Bush would have been Johnny on the spot. Why? Because that county is load with rich, white people. Trash!!

108. kartell says: Jan 22, 2010 10:20 AM

mnmaverick :
    People in Jefferson Parish, one of the most Republican parts of the Louisiana, flooded, too. This is the same parish with a district that elected David Duke to state congress not many years ago. Is that right wing enough for you?
    This site is about football. This thread is for commenting on Prince’s Viking fight song. The man is a genius. This song is not. No disrespect to Vikings fans, but it sounds like an obscure, ancient Christmas hymn sung to a drum machine.

109. bustabloodvessel says: Jan 22, 2010 10:25 AM

How ’bout we stick to football, and leave the politics at home. This site is an avenue for us to support our teams, and yes, make “friends”. Political fights will go nowhere but downhill very quickly, especially with two drastically different points of view. I don’t wanna here your thoughts, and most others here don’t either.

110. joey-pickles says: Jan 22, 2010 10:58 AM

OMG! After 100 posts and not a single person mentioned this…
    PURPLE REIGN!!!
    … such an easy layup… count it!

111. bigdogsolec says: Jan 22, 2010 11:17 AM

PRINCE do a VIKING fight song ??? COME ON ,thats like asking him to play RAMBO in the first movie. The Vikings were /are WARRIORS, not pansys. SLAVE RAIDER should come back and do one “like they did for the twins ,on there world series “. co be something like this ,{to the song what do you know about rock an roll ”
    Here we stand before you
    Winning as assumed
    This field of yours
    We will abuse
    Everybody stand up an shout oouut LOOUUDDD
    THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS ARE IN TOWN
    WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT DEFENCE
    WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT US
    WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT OFFENCE
    JUST TRY AN STOP US

112. 2farfromMINNY says: Jan 22, 2010 11:38 AM

What the hell is that?
    Is it just me, or does it have a xmas carol ring to it?
    I would not be adopting it if I were in the Vikes front office.

113. enzeine says: Jan 22, 2010 11:42 AM

I followed Prince from day one, up until Purple Rain and a handful of songs thereafter…can’t say I like this one.

114. damnitall says: Jan 22, 2010 12:22 PM

@Farves sweet Hair says:
    January 21, 2010 9:47 PM
    Shut up bitch.

115. damnitall says: Jan 22, 2010 12:32 PM

@bustabloodvessel says:
    January 21, 2010 11:05 PM
    I heard the reason he did the albumn himself was because he didn’t trust anyone to play the insruments the way he thought they should be played.

116. packers4life says: Jan 22, 2010 1:07 PM

“I agree this is totally out of line, but where was your outrage when all the Packer fans made light of the bridge collapsing?”
    Those Packer fans should of never said that either. It was very classless on their part as well. But I am more offended about that what Viking fan said about Katrina because it was a much more tragic event and killed millions of people and literally destroyed New Orleans. I am not saying the Minnesota bridge collapse wasn’t a tragedy. It clearly was and I hope the people that lost their lives in that tragedy rest in peace but Katrina had a much bigger effect than the bridge collapse.
    Either way though, making fun of both events is not cool at all. No one should ever joke about a tragedy, no matter how many lives were lost..

117. Philtration says: Jan 22, 2010 1:42 PM

Raise every voice and let it b known
    in the name of the purple and gold.
    H.R. Pufnstuf,
    Who’s your friend when things get rough?
    H.R. Pufnstuf
    Can’t do a little cause he can’t do enough.
    Think about it Viking fans.
    Even the cheesdicks can laugh and call YOU corny.

118. Tompadre says: Jan 22, 2010 2:12 PM

packers4life says:
    January 22, 2010 1:07 PM
    ============================
    Agreed! Thanks for being level headed.
    Every team has so many things to pick on; embarrassing loses, poor play, bad decisions, poor draft picks, off-field mishaps, lousy season, knuckleheaded players, bumbling front offices (unfortunately in the Vikings case now a goofy fight song) I just don’t know why people have to bring up tragedies. I think the world is a little over sensative in general, but there’s a line you just shouldn’t cross.
    Now that I’ve given you a list, have at the Vikings. Hopefully this is the year we can exercise some demons…

119. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Jan 22, 2010 3:07 PM

This isn’t gay at all…

120. Ruvell100 says: Jan 22, 2010 3:14 PM

On a Chappelle related note, I reviewed this song like Muni on Movies.
    “HATED it. Worst song ever made. No amount of money would make me listen to a second of this crap.”
    “Well, if you didn’t listen to it, how can you rev..
    “I don’t HAVE to listen to it to know that it’s garbage!”