Sean Salisbury finally comes clean

It took a few years, and it required his career to bottom out.  But former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Sean Salisbury finally has admitted what everyone in the media already knew.

He once was suspended by ESPN for taking a picture of his penis with a cell phone and showing it to at least one co-worker.

Salisbury makes the admission to Michael Hiestand of USA Today.  But Salisbury insists it happened only once.

“I was ashamed, and I didn’t want to say anything,” Salisbury said.  “I thought it would go away and let my ego get in
the way.  Since then, I’ve beat myself up about it more than 10 baseball
bats could.  A stupid mistake can cost you, and this has really cost me.  I should have been having this conversation a long time ago.”

In August, Salisbury vehemently denied the rumor/report in an e-mail exchange with the folks at Deadspin, claiming that the zip-click incident “never happened.”  (Salisbury later sued Deadspin; it’s unknown whether his soul-purging will include a dismissal of the lawsuit.)

So, frankly, it’s hard to believe anything Salisbury says, now or in the future.  And that credibility issue likely has done far more damage to his attempt to find gainful, consistent employment in the media than what he now calls a “sophomoric mistake.”  (The legal system has another two-word phrase for it.)

“It was stupid –dumb!– but not malicious,” Salisbury now says of his cellular misadventures.  “How can it
ruin a good career? . . .  I’ve gone from being on six days a week to
disappearing.  And it’s not like I wanted to disappear. . . .  But it feels
good getting it off my chest.”

He claims that he has undergone anger-management therapy, and he says he won’t be following through on plans to pen a tell-all book about his 12 years in Bristol.

Still, the mere fact that he made the threat to tell secrets about his former place of employment will be another factor working against his ability to become employed again in the kind of environment with secrets folks might someday be interesting in knowing.

Then there’s the reality that, frankly, he wasn’t very good.  He was loud and he spoke in absolutes and he had zero accountability for his blunders, like when he insisted that if Devin Hester returns a kick for a touchdown in Super Bowl XLI the Bears “will win” the game . . . and then Hester did and the Bears didn’t.

Then again, perhaps there ultimately was accountability.  And though he can blame the death of his career on a one-time mistake and his ensuing failure to own it, we think the incident to which he now admits was merely a symptom of the deeper issue that eventually brought him down, and that is now keeping him from getting back up.

Permalink 100 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
100 Responses to “Sean Salisbury finally comes clean”
  1. thesaint257 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:17 AM

Well to be fair, the Bears actually had a fair shot to win the Super Bowl!
    But what a douche!

2. leatherneck says: Jan 22, 2010 9:19 AM

Are we supposed to believe that ESPN is beyond criticism now?

3. ampats says: Jan 22, 2010 9:21 AM

I think back in 2007 when he referred to John Clayton as the cryptkeeper on National TV during the Super Bowl week sealed his fate.

4. bozzy19 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:23 AM

He was the worst…glad he is gone.

5. Quagmire says: Jan 22, 2010 9:23 AM

“he had zero accountability for his blunders, like when he insisted that if Devin Hester returns a kick for a touchdown in Super Bowl XLI the Bears “will win” the game . . . and then Hester did and the Bears didn’t.”
    Or when he said the Redskins would win the SB this year…oh, wait.

6. FumbleNuts says: Jan 22, 2010 9:24 AM

Salisbury: Do you want to see my salisbury steak?
    Co-worker: Looks more like a Vienna sausage to me.

7. honcho0114 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:26 AM

Finally, maybe someone will talk about how bad someone else is at sport reporting.

8. cowboys1 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:26 AM

Not sure if I agree with your last paragaph, he sounds like he’s trying to fixgure it out. Florio its easy to kick someone when they’re down

9. Aias says: Jan 22, 2010 9:26 AM

He’s a pompous, arrogant windbag. He sucked on radio in Chicago and on ESPN.
    I can’t wait to see him taking my order at the Burger King drive thru. “Hi, I’ll have the Cryptkeeper special, super sized. And no, I don’t want to see a really cool picture of Harold Reynolds and you on your cell phone!”

10. SWILPackfan says: Jan 22, 2010 9:27 AM

I’m sure Fox Sports will hire him soon.

11. Maddog says: Jan 22, 2010 9:27 AM

I did the same thing at my place of employement, and was promptly promoted.

12. Snowman2008 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:28 AM

It was a picture of his penis?
    Geez, I thought it was a picture of Terry Bradshaw.

13. Bwa Ha Ha says: Jan 22, 2010 9:28 AM

Did he send it to Vox?

14. ChiJintsFan says: Jan 22, 2010 9:30 AM

Generally the viewing public is smarter than its given credit for. He was very hard to watch for reasons you mention including his overconfidence, arrogance, bravado, and general lack of likability. If there was demand for him as an analyst he would find a job somewhere. To say the reason he’s not on TV has to do with his zip-click is a convenient excuse for him not being very good at the most basic function of his job- relating with the viewing public.

15. yinzburgh says: Jan 22, 2010 9:30 AM

Man I was really looking forward to his book…….

16. Skoal Brother says: Jan 22, 2010 9:31 AM

If I or you did anything remotely close to what Sean did we would be fired on the spot. What the talking head never realize is that they are interchangeable. Just go away.

17. Paracelsus says: Jan 22, 2010 9:33 AM

I could not agree with you more this time. Only I would like to see his tell all book that would have his usual blustery bitterness seeping from every sentence.

18. Richm2256 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:35 AM

“it was stupid –dumb!– but not malicious”
    REALLY???
    Showing your Johnson uninvited to a co-worker isn’t malicious? Try doing that to my wife, Sean, and if she doesn’t teach you whay malicious is, I will.
    What a total moron. How did this guy get anywhere in life? This guy makes my skin crawl, and that doesn’t even begin to take into account that he just sucked at his job.
    I don’t know where people like salisbury slink off to after they’ve been exposed (no, pun not intended) but I wish he would just slink of to there right now.
    By the way, how can someone so emphatically deny they did something, only to admit later “yeah, I really DID do that” ….. “Yeah, I really DID bang that chick and knock her up while I was running for President, and then got my assistant to say it was him”.
    How do these people THINK?

19. SlimPickens says: Jan 22, 2010 9:35 AM

Sean, at the end of his tenure at ESPN, seemed to come across as an ass who never would give credit to someone elses good objectives from across the table. I heard him on a local radio station here in DC last yr a bunch of times and he was awesome and burning up the phones, so go figure. He should get another chance when someone finally tries to put a real sports channel to compete against ESPN

20. .VoxVeritas says: Jan 22, 2010 9:36 AM

“He was loud and he spoke in absolutes and he had zero accountability for his blunders”
    Sounds like you, Flor.

21. Cereal Blogger says: Jan 22, 2010 9:36 AM

This guy was your stereotypical football player meathead. Thank goodness he’s gone & out of the picture. Didn’t he once shave a Christmas tree into the back of his head ??

22. Didier says: Jan 22, 2010 9:37 AM

Mercy, how many men in the past few years have crashed and burned simply because they couldn’t keep it in their pants? The lack of self-control is astounding. Guys, it’s simple. Find a good woman with whom you are compatible and be faithful to her. No dalliance is world is worth losing a good woman. And, if it doesn’t work out, be a man, be honest, sever the relationship, and move on, but always be faithful.

23. GoBrowns19 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:37 AM

Who knows what to think about this dumb story. Guys, nobody wants to see your weeners. But come on, are they that bad that it has to mean the end of your life if you show it to someone? Too often it does.

24. Chapnasty2 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:37 AM

Florio, we understand you don’t like him, neither do I to be honest, but everyone on ESPN is wrong so that can’t be basis for him losing his job. Also, if you are going to impose these rules and expectations on him, then maybe you should lose your website for Cowboys bias and the blunder that was your prediction of the Redskins winning the Superbowl. What’s fair is fair.

25. Pervy Harvin says: Jan 22, 2010 9:39 AM

Salisbury is one of the few analysts that I wanted to punch on a regular basis. The guy is a complete tool. Glad he messed up by showing his pants puppet.Now we don’t ever have to hear him again!

26. CookieFlash says: Jan 22, 2010 9:41 AM

Him taking a picture of The Salisbury Tube Steak was a blessing in disguise for ESPN. This guy was a hack at best that regularly got put in his place by John “Mr. Peabody” Clayton.
    Wow,he was employed there for 12 years?
    Well I guess that could happen other networks still employ talentless hacks for way too long also.
    (see: Theismann,Joe)

27. swervinmervin says: Jan 22, 2010 9:42 AM

ESPN is full of crap. They fire this poor bastard for that stuff, but then Mike Greenberg still has a job? They totally pull a Fox News and refuse to report on Rothlisburger being accused of rape because of a show he is on, but they give minute by minute updates on a guy like Tom Cable being accused of something like hitting a coach. Double standard. That network is crooked as hell.

28. Robert P. says: Jan 22, 2010 9:42 AM

I’ve gotta disagree on the accountability issue.
    How many times every week do we see all 15 members of the pre-game show scream how one team will destroy another, and once the underdog is leading at halftime, they praise them, making absolutely no mention of how wrong they were at the game’s start?

29. Big Stretch says: Jan 22, 2010 9:43 AM

When did Salisbury have credibility?

30. Tompadre says: Jan 22, 2010 9:43 AM

Maybe he can pen a how-to book…How To Kill A Career And Remain Unemployed.
    He can’t go back to Bristol because they already employ several Salisbury clones – Mr. Dilfer, Mr. Schlereth, etc… (Then there’s the reality that, frankly, he wasn’t very good. He was loud and he spoke in absolutes and he had zero accountability for his blunders)
    Sort of a running theme.

31. Tim Biakabutuka says: Jan 22, 2010 9:44 AM

haha ive always like salisbury. hes a grade-A asswh*** but thats wat makes him so entertaining. When he called John Clayton the “crypt keeper” it may have been the funniest thing ive ever seen.
    i mean, did anyone actually watch sean salisbury for his analysis? probably not, I kno I only watched him cuz he always had good zingers.
    too bad for sean that internet sites like deadspin expose things like the phone incident. I bet he wishes that he was born earlier and worked during a time before internet rumor websites.
    he’s probably like “damn internet, i miss the times wen u could show people a picture of your junk without the public finding out about it. Those were the days…”

32. Triumph40 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:44 AM

Sean Salisbury is garbage. He was a mediocre QB at best. He was a pitiful analyst on ESPN TV and Radio. Nobody cares anymore and nobody wants to hear from you again. Just go away!!!

33. B Eazy says: Jan 22, 2010 9:44 AM

FLORIO YOU SAID THE COLTS WILL LOSE THIS WEEK AND THEY WONT.
    IM NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE PICKED A GAME RIGHT THIS POST SEASON.
    REALLY THE JETS.
    HOW MUCH DO YOU REALLY KNOW ABOUT FOOTBALL.
    ALSO LIKE OTHER POSTINGS IM SURE THIS WONT MAKE IT TO YOUR BOARD.
    I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU ON TV. WHY

34. homercles82 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:44 AM

WGAS

35. Reggie Bush's Pimp says: Jan 22, 2010 9:45 AM

When ESPN didn’t renew Sean’s (and lil’ Sean’s) contract, it was as if the whole sports world breathed a collective sigh of relief. We were NOT crazy – Sean DID suck, Sean WAS arrogant and annoying, and finally the people at Bristol recognized and validated our feelings.
    Then it happened again when he was quickly fired from his Dallas radio guy.
    If there has been a more unlikeable or annoying guy in recent sports journalism history I challenge you to name him. Theisman? Nice try but he’s not as belligerent as Sean (and lil’ Sean).

36. The Coop says: Jan 22, 2010 9:47 AM

For the record, were people actually beating him up with baseball bats? Because I would have liked to get an invite to THAT.

37. The Coop says: Jan 22, 2010 9:48 AM

Conversely, can you imagine if Salisbury’s mortal enemy, John Clayton, would have snapped a picture of HIS junk?

38. lichnor says: Jan 22, 2010 9:48 AM

“…he had zero accountability for his blunders”
    Name me ONE media personality who has accountability for their “blunders”.
    That person does not exist.

39. SirSuperSouthern says: Jan 22, 2010 9:51 AM

———————————————————
    God I hated Salisbury. He also took many unnecessary on-air pot-shots at John Clayton like some kind of elementary school bully. Clayton is indeed an idiot (he just claimed Otto Graham was the third best QB ever), but he never deserved to be pushed around by that petulant, knuckle-dragging goon Salisbury.
    If Salisbury is as good as he obviously thinks he is, he should make his own website and see where the public interest lies. Likely, that experience would prove to be even more humbling than his “sophomoric mistake”…

40. raybin says: Jan 22, 2010 9:51 AM

Damn, Florio, when you wanna toss someone under the bus, you are a master.
    Not that I don’t agree with you, of course. Salisbury was, is and always will be a joke.

41. Bob S. says: Jan 22, 2010 9:54 AM

He said, “Since then, I’ve beat myself .. it more”?

42. FumbleNuts says: Jan 22, 2010 9:55 AM

Sean Salisbury: Wanna’ see my huge salisbury steak?
    Co-worker: Looks more like a Vienna sausage to me.

43. cromartie says: Jan 22, 2010 9:57 AM

Years ago, someone had to chose between Salisbury and Marc Malone as the primary ESPN NFL analyst.
    That someone made the wrong choice. 12 years of Salisbury is the reason I turned off ESPN for basically everything in favor of the NFL Network. It’s not perfect, but even it’s weakest analyst is better than anything anyone on ESPN other than Schefter has to offer.

44. THEpackersAREwhere? says: Jan 22, 2010 9:58 AM

I loved watching the Sean vs. Crypt keeper segs on ESPN. They were always so mean to each other. Loved it!

45. HarrisonHits says: Jan 22, 2010 9:59 AM

“Or when he said the Redskins would win the SB this year…oh, wait.”
    Florio has admitted his mistakes and when he makes mistakes typically admits them and mentions that he made a mistake on this site.
    Salisbury denies mistakes or says nothing pretending he never made the retarded prediction in the first place.

46. mooremi9 says: Jan 22, 2010 9:59 AM

__________________________________
    Ha, what did he say to his co-worker?
    There is a call for you its my dick

47. Bob S. says: Jan 22, 2010 10:00 AM

He claims that he has undergone anger-management therapy

Maybe he actually needs?
    Tiger or not, sex rehab facility beefs up security

48. Bill Cowher's Chin says: Jan 22, 2010 10:02 AM

Sadly, as bad as Salisbury was, I would take him over “Stink”, and that meat head Marcellus Wiley any day

49. Nevisyakker says: Jan 22, 2010 10:02 AM

Bet he used a ZOOM lens.
    He spoke in absolutes, but was far from alone in that. I always figured he had a picture of of his bosses junk being “inappropriately employed.” Why else did that moron have a job for so long?

50. Bob S. says: Jan 22, 2010 10:03 AM

B Eazy says:
    I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU ON TV. WHY

because their is NO video screen on your radio!

51. Duan says: Jan 22, 2010 10:03 AM

I liked Sean Salisbury, I was wondering what happened to him.
    But ket’s keep it real, Marv Albert did some freaky stuff too with a female and he is still out there broadcasting NBA games.
    I am not saying he should be back on ESPN, but being a game time analyst or field reporter wouldn’t tear the american fibre apart?
    Everyone deserves a second chance! heck there are plenty of men that either flirt with a co-worker and feel comfortable enough with them to do something like that, he just picked up the wrong vibe and made a mistake about it!

52. bearsrule says: Jan 22, 2010 10:04 AM

He also stated he wishes he had never worked in the media during the cell phone era.

53. Hap says: Jan 22, 2010 10:04 AM

Florio has a case of “PENIS ENVY” !
    Come on, Flo ! He was proud, so proud he wanted to share his , well…… himself with The World.

54. mnmaverick says: Jan 22, 2010 10:05 AM

Sean will be next in line to sing the “Oscar Meyer Weiner” theme song.
    “Oh can’tcha see my Oscar Meyer Weiner, weiner! Don’tcha know what it means to meeee-e-eee!”

55. jb10 says: Jan 22, 2010 10:06 AM

lichnor i agree completely! has a single media reporter had any accountability for all the raiders reporting the past 2 weeks?
    cable is still there. they haven’t contacted any of the people the media claims they interviewed. where exactly is the accountability.
    reporting is just like the weather man. ooh i was wrong? too bad so sad. tomorrow will be correct. i promise.

56. slipkid says: Jan 22, 2010 10:07 AM

with all the stuff that gets let go, pft wont let go of this.
    salisbury must vote republican.

57. Jose Reyes says: Jan 22, 2010 10:11 AM

It was pretty funny when he called Clayton the cryptkeeper though, that made my day that day.

58. Hap says: Jan 22, 2010 10:13 AM

Florio took a similar picture. Nobody could see the subject matter so Florio didnt get in trouble.

59. RWFV says: Jan 22, 2010 10:16 AM

——————————————————
    I’d vote Terry Bradshaw a close 2nd. Not a huge fan of stink schlerth either.

60. smiley says: Jan 22, 2010 10:16 AM

I’m with AMPATS…beating on John Clayton ruined Sean….c’mon dude…..my mother would John a rough time with her left hook. It really ruined his image….came off like a bully.

61. ignoringthehaters says: Jan 22, 2010 10:17 AM

“So, frankly, it’s hard to believe anything Salisbury says, now or in the future.”
    Considering how many retractions are printed on this site and from ESPN, I feel the same way about you and your fellow media morons. Stick to facts, change your site from rumors to facts and maybe you wouldnt be so TMZ ish.

62. mnmaverick says: Jan 22, 2010 10:28 AM

He’s a raging Dem, Slip. He exposes himself like one.

63. Hank_SJ says: Jan 22, 2010 10:32 AM

But his analysis work on Battle-Bots was top-notch. What a tool.

64. purpleguy says: Jan 22, 2010 10:35 AM

Come on, there isn’t a workplace in America (except for Hustler magazine) that wouldn’t fire you for showing cell phone pictures of your unit to a co-worker. Salisbury’s problem is he’s a public figure, has limited media opportunities, and now he’d be more employable if he was covered with nuclear waste. Time to do what most retired players do — become an investment advisor or sell real estate. Heck, maybe he could work at Hustler magazine.

65. Junior says: Jan 22, 2010 10:49 AM

This is ironic. Florio writing about people talking in absolutes and having no accountability. While you consistently write articles in absolutes.
    Don’t worry though Florio, it’s not just you, nobody in the media is held accountable.

66. txtroutslayer says: Jan 22, 2010 10:51 AM

Anger management will help him a bunch…I know when I get angry, I take cell phone pics of my junk and email them to female co-workers…..

67. nohio says: Jan 22, 2010 10:55 AM

Emmit called Sean and said ESPN debacled you and blowed your career up.

68. Coach Stram says: Jan 22, 2010 10:56 AM

So whats next? A crocodile teared interview with softball – lobbing, starry eyed Bob Costas?

69. The Genius says: Jan 22, 2010 10:58 AM

“Sorry Mike, He wins by default seeing as he had a career to loose in the 1st place”.
    Anyone who doesn’t know how to spell l-o-s-e is an idiot by default. I am amazed at how many dumb asses don’t know how to spell lose. In football you can only win or lose, and some people can’t even spell it.

70. Florider says: Jan 22, 2010 10:59 AM

He was, and is, insufferable.

71. redsquare says: Jan 22, 2010 11:03 AM

So what you’re saying with the whole ‘tell-all’ lecture, then, is that he’s no different from his colleagues, it’s just that his skeleton is out of the closet?
    If that’s the culture behind these places, I say let the tell-all books come out. No reason for guys like Salisbury to be made into sacrifices for the hypocrisies of others.

72. buckifan4life says: Jan 22, 2010 11:11 AM

C’mon,…who hasn’t taken a picture of their penis and showed it to at least one co-worker???
    LMAO!

73. bigtrav425 says: Jan 22, 2010 11:13 AM

Thats a problem with this world..Who cares if he showed his cock to another co worker?..big deal!…suspend him or something but fire him thats absurd!…yea he talked way to loud but i liked him hope fox hires him for next yr!

74. BENITO says: Jan 22, 2010 11:18 AM

VOXVERITAS HAS BEEN JAKING IT TO PICS OF SALSBURY’S KRANK!!!

75. BobsCountryBunker says: Jan 22, 2010 11:19 AM

I think that Rodney Carrington captured the essence here: “Dear Seanny … I don’t think I love you anymore … When you been ‘drinkin, you put me places I never been before”…

76. tacious says: Jan 22, 2010 11:20 AM

If only Colin Cowherd would do something just as stupid so his arrogant, pompus ass would also get thrown off too!

77. someone_smarter_than_you says: Jan 22, 2010 11:28 AM

Snowman2008 says:
    January 22, 2010 9:28 AM
    It was a picture of his penis?
    Geez, I thought it was a picture of Terry Bradshaw.
    and
    nohio says:
    January 22, 2010 10:55 AM
    Emmit called Sean and said ESPN debacled you and blowed your career up.
    ————————————————–
    Snowman2008: The Bradshaw comment is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen on here.
    nohio: classic. I miss E. Smith on Monday Night Countdown….hilarious.

78. Browns_fan_in_therapy says: Jan 22, 2010 11:28 AM

I guess Chris Berman didn’t like the picture…

79. MONTANAGANGSTA says: Jan 22, 2010 11:29 AM

I didn’t even realize he was gone until now. His pot-shots at the cryptkeeper always reminded me of a sixteen year old eighth-grader making fun of the smart kid’s eye-glasses…and then he goes and shows a picture of his Salisbury steak to a coworker!?!? Why didn’t he just whip it out, or did it look bigger in two dimensions?
    He was a worse TV personality than he was an NFL QB.

80. Landry's Ghost says: Jan 22, 2010 11:38 AM

Hey Florio, I guess you’ll be posting a picture of your MANGINA seeing how both you and Salisbury are pompas non-acountable trombone players.

81. SterilizeTHenry says: Jan 22, 2010 11:41 AM

This is a perfect example of overly sensitive America. Jeez, I get about 10 naughty emails and pic messages per day. They are funny!! I’m not saying that what he did wasn’t wrong, but it shouldn’t haunt him for the rest of his life. I mean, I’m sure that the woman he showed the picture to isn’t scarred for life or anything. He probably meant it as a joke.
    This sort of reminds me of that sitcom (I forget which one) episode where the woman gets offended by the comic strip of the worm trying to get it on with the french fry.
    I know, I know. Don’t say it. “Hey man! A guys weiner is much different that a worm and a french fry!!”. Chill out people.

82. moreflagsmorefun says: Jan 22, 2010 11:43 AM

taking a picture of his penis with a cell phone and showing it to at least one co-worker…………
    Hey, maybe he thought it was show and tell, you never know……………
    Funny thing is ESPN has alot of work place problems with white guys, Steve Phillips, Sean Salisbury ………….

83. CKL says: Jan 22, 2010 11:53 AM

All these replies and not one to laugh at the double entendre of the title? Good one !

84. favre_dollar_footlong says: Jan 22, 2010 11:55 AM

i bet the co worker was chris Berman!

85. Aias says: Jan 22, 2010 12:05 PM

Another fav Salisbury story:
    When he was on WMVP in Chicago, a UT alum called up talking about Cedric Benson. After some back and forth, the UT alum says he has seen tons of tape of Ced Ben. Salisbury called him on it saying, “I guarantee I’ve watched more tape of him than you have.”
    “I doubt it”, replied the UT grad
    “Oh yeah, how?”
    “I was the video editor for the UT football team.”
    PRICELESS!

86. Allied Biscuit says: Jan 22, 2010 12:22 PM

deadspin.com prevails again.

87. bullis says: Jan 22, 2010 12:27 PM

I enjoyed SS at least he was better than what they now in Herman Edwards and Eric Allen.

88. trock12 says: Jan 22, 2010 12:30 PM

Who is accountable for this phrase:
    “…working against his ability to become employed again in the kind of environment with secrets folks might someday be interesting in knowing.”
    interesting in knowing…well said. Is the author accountable, is there an editor?

89. stnmmc says: Jan 22, 2010 12:35 PM

Duan says: January 22, 2010 10:03 AM
    I liked Sean Salisbury, I was wondering what happened to him.
    ——————————————
    Not the same thing. While Marv had his moment,his freaky shit happened after consent had been given, even if said consent was purchased.
    Salisbury popped a pic of his meat lobster on an unsuspecting co-worker, there had to be some understanding of a professional environment. No matter how loose your definition of professional is you cant go showing off pictures of your knob.

90. Florider says: Jan 22, 2010 12:40 PM

_____________________
    Well, bigtrav, from what I read at the time, it was a female co-worker. Salisbury must have considered it a high-tech pick up line.

91. downsouth49er says: Jan 22, 2010 12:41 PM

“Since then, I’ve beat myself up about it more than 10 baseball bats could”
    I’m pretty sure you did BEAT yourself, you freaking perv. I never liked Salisbury punk arse

92. Drat says: Jan 22, 2010 12:42 PM

I remember him trying to be a man by ranting on that poor little wispy guy, Clayton. I remember him being in the news for getting belligerent with bouncers when they rejected his entry into fashionable nightclubs. I remember hitting a button on my remote every time he started “The Word of God” stuff on the TV.
    His dick was just the straw that broke the camel’s back.

93. BENITO says: Jan 22, 2010 12:50 PM

VOXVAGITIS’ GOOGLE SEARCH- PICS OF SEAN SALSBURY’S PENIS

94. dashoe says: Jan 22, 2010 1:06 PM

The million $ question is WHO did he show the pic to?

95. bwisnasky says: Jan 22, 2010 1:08 PM

“My only question is, with that combination of blatant arrogance and sleaziness, how he got that ESPN gig in the first place.
    —————————–
    Are you kidding? Those are the qualities Bristol covets in anyone that appears on camera for them… see Trey Wingo for example….

96. Nard100 says: Jan 22, 2010 1:29 PM

He’s wasn’t always so bad and sometimes he even said something insightful, but near the end it was obvious his head couldn’t fit in the building anymore. Especially after the “cryptkeeper” comment.

97. Mangy66 says: Jan 22, 2010 1:41 PM

Um…didn’t he say something like if the redskins make it to the playoffs, he would walk from Minnesota to DC naked?
    And the skins needed to win 5 straight…and they did it. (Joe Gibbs Era 2.0).

98. Kevin from Philly says: Jan 22, 2010 2:23 PM

It wasn’t the picture that got hime fired – it was when he showed it to Suzy Kolber and said it wanted to kiss her.

99. strabo says: Jan 22, 2010 4:37 PM

I can’t wait until we’re having a similar conversation about Florio

100. Snowman2008 says: Jan 22, 2010 7:07 PM

@strabo
    Florio is way to sharp to get caught. He opens his penis pics with Photoshop and disguises them buy putting Mexican hats and mustaches on them.