And another Viking pulls out of the Pro Bowl

A whopping 10 members of the Minnesota Vikings qualified for the Pro Bowl.

And now five of them won’t be there.

The latest?  Defensive tackle Kevin Williams.

Williams was questionable for Sunday’s NFC title game with a knee injury.  The 49ers have announced that Williams will be replaced by 49ers defensive lineman Justin Smith.

Williams joins quarterback Brett Favre, receiver Sidney Rice, cornerback Antoine Winfield, and kick returner Percy Harvin as Minnesota players who will be going to Miami for neither of the next two Sundays.

The remaining Vikings on the NFC team are running back Adrian Peterson, guard Steve Hutchinson, tackle Bryant McKinnie, defensive end Jared Allen, and special-team Heath Farwell.

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
36 Responses to “And another Viking pulls out of the Pro Bowl”
  1. raiders177 says: Jan 26, 2010 3:02 PM

Goodell likes to fine people, why not do what the NHL did and fine people who dont go.

2. straightup says: Jan 26, 2010 3:03 PM

Oh great now the vikings are going to affect all of us. I’m pulling for the NFC, AP is going to fumble the win away. Maybe he’ll back out due to his illness, “slipittis”.

3. Love_Boat_Scandal says: Jan 26, 2010 3:04 PM

Adrian Peterson is also out. He fumbled his plane ticket down a sewer drain.

4. jdigga420 says: Jan 26, 2010 3:05 PM

10 Vikings made the Pro Bowl, 12 will proably be in the huddle

5. Nathan says: Jan 26, 2010 3:08 PM

I bet there are like 40 Vikings players who aren’t going to Miami for either of the next two Sundays…

6. Castro95 says: Jan 26, 2010 3:11 PM

Bring it back to Hawaii!

7. theroc5156 says: Jan 26, 2010 3:12 PM

There is nobody better than Justin Smith???? Are you kidding me????

8. The Notorious V.I.C. says: Jan 26, 2010 3:14 PM

Of course people are going to pull out if just 2 days ago they got done playing a WAR of an NFC Championship Game.
    This just shows how clueless that idiot Goodell is. I bet he never factored that into the equation, did he?
    If you hold the Pro Bowl the week after the Super Bowl and in Hawaii, as usual, that’s a full THREE WEEKS after the conference championship games. Guys who are beat up and tired both physically and mentally will be more likely to want to participate, especially if it means getting a paid trip to Hawaii.
    Goodell is a clueless corporate snake oil salesman idiot, and I wish there some actual people in the sports media who had the balls to call it like it is when it comes to Goodell.

9. TheBengal13 says: Jan 26, 2010 3:15 PM

Justin Smith?! Haha wow…that’s Garrard-status right there.

10. smo05d says: Jan 26, 2010 3:15 PM

The JV Pro Bowl. Oh joy.

11. FUNSHIPM174 says: Jan 26, 2010 3:15 PM

Then the N.F.L. SHOULD FIRST FINE ITSELF FOR EVEN CHARGING PEOPLE TO SEEA GAME THAT SHOULD BE ELIMINATED AND IS ON PAR WITH “PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING”.
    What a joke this game.

12. RayDaMayor says: Jan 26, 2010 3:21 PM

In other news today………Brett Farve pooped a purple turd today to go along with his purple uniform, purple forehead, purple ankle and purple ribs.
    Farve on the ground! Farve on the ground! Please block those Saints for me or it’s gonna be Farve on the ground!

13. JimmySmith says: Jan 26, 2010 3:25 PM

McKinnie is going back to Miami? Hide the metal pipes, if I were a bouncer at a strip club, I would request my vacation time right now.

14. purpleguy says: Jan 26, 2010 3:25 PM

I’m suprised Hutch hasn’t pulled out with his lousy shoulder.

15. Jeff says: Jan 26, 2010 3:26 PM

It was the dumbest idea to play the Pro Bowl the week BEFORE the Super Bowl anyway. Regardless of injuries (real or fake), you’re losing out on some of the best players in football due to them being in the Super Bowl anyway.
    Whoever made that decision should be unemployed.

16. God's Own Silver and Blue says: Jan 26, 2010 3:27 PM

There’s a valuable life lesson to be had here: if Pervy Harvin’s daddy had pulled out the way the Viqueens are pulling out of the Pro Bowl, we’d all be a lot better off.

17. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Jan 26, 2010 3:28 PM

If Jared Allen’s going to play like he played against the Saints he’s not really going either.

18. WhoDey_Man says: Jan 26, 2010 3:31 PM

everyone knows the best part of the pro bowl is watching the pre-game festivities (like my personal fav, the creative field goal kicking contest. like h-o-r-s-e on a football field. gotta love it). the fact that the players that were elected to the pro bowl won’t even go should speak loud enough to the ridiculousness of the game. if the nfl is so inclined to take games overseas, why not take the pointless game none of us want to see anyway, the one that doesn’t take place during the preseason or regular season. i mean at least this way no fans really get screwed…

19. parasonic says: Jan 26, 2010 3:35 PM

I know that a lot of people try and use this board for their own soap box and some of those use it as a comedy stage and a few of those really make me “LOL”. “10 Vikings made the Pro Bowl, 12 will probably be in the huddle” caught me off guard and got me.

20. Tdk24 says: Jan 26, 2010 3:49 PM

It’s probably a good thing that Harvin is not going back to the drug capital of the US.

21. DeBoe says: Jan 26, 2010 3:59 PM

Love_Boat_Scandal says:
    Adrian Peterson is also out. He fumbled his plane ticket down a sewer drain.
    This is the best blast I have read on this web site.
    By the way, I went to purchase an Adrian Peterson Jersey the other day. The pro shop informed me that the AP Jerseys were sent back due to a printing error on the back. The name appeared as Fumbleson on all of them.

22. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Jan 26, 2010 4:04 PM

Love_Boat_Scandal says: January 26, 2010 3:04 PM
    Adrian Peterson is also out. He fumbled his plane ticket down a sewer drain
    NICE!!!!!

23. Allied Biscuit says: Jan 26, 2010 4:58 PM

Hutchinson won’t go. so get another guard, nfl. Peterson will follow. Allen probably won’t go because he doesn’t care. Farwell…who knows.

24. Mike Glory Hole says: Jan 26, 2010 5:02 PM

________________________________
    This is the worst blast I’ve read on this website. The ticket blast was pretty good.

25. GoBears84 says: Jan 26, 2010 5:05 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA NICE…..
    He should have given his ticket to Kerry Collins to save him some money when he gets invited tomorrow.

26. slipkid says: Jan 26, 2010 5:06 PM

someone tell joe horn

27. scomibord says: Jan 26, 2010 5:53 PM

Anybody think the “rash” of players pulling out of the Pro Bowl has anything to do with not playing the game in Hawaii??? Just asking.

28. Bigbluefan says: Jan 26, 2010 6:39 PM

Williams is upset he could not get his starcaps in time for the game
    Pro Bowel other then brett out of the game the second best new is that neither of the williams boys will be playing in the SB

29. Big M says: Jan 26, 2010 6:39 PM

Anyone who doesn’t think Justin Smith isn’t an elite player in the NFL hasn’t seen him play or doesn’t know football.

30. Pervy Harvin says: Jan 26, 2010 6:52 PM

You tools all making shit out of Peterson would give your left nut to have him on your team! Unless maybe your team was the Titans,you would be lying if you say no.

31. Big M says: Jan 26, 2010 6:57 PM

Correction on my last post:
    Anyone does DOES think Justin Smith isn’t an elite player in the NFL hasn’t seen him play or doesn’t know football.

32. RaiderhateR4Life says: Jan 26, 2010 7:40 PM

Big M I agree 100%… he’s a dominant force on one of the better 7 man fronts in the league

33. whodaywhodat says: Jan 26, 2010 9:29 PM

Minnesota players just arent man enough to accept that they are playing in Miami a week earlier then all their fans gauranteed. And yes pervy harvin, you are still my bitch. Ill let you out of my death grip once you manage to beat my SAINTS, I feel as if I have some time……………..hmmm, what to do? I guess I can clear my wall for that Super Bowl Champs poster……………..

34. ninerfan says: Jan 26, 2010 11:53 PM

Mullet Head will go if they’ll let him climb a palm tree and drop a spear on some unsuspecting tourist. Stir the pot! F’n loser.

35. Bender12 says: Jan 27, 2010 6:00 AM

Cracks me up to be hearing people rag on Justin Smith.
    100% deserving. Only reason I think someone would think otherwise would be if they just looked at his stats instead of his actual level of play and impact on the field.
    Thank god the players and coaches get to vote and overrule the fantasy football voters.

36. sand0 says: Jan 28, 2010 5:00 PM

Stupid to have a pro bowl at this time for teams that go deep in the playoffs. You have two super bowl teams that obviously can’t go and two NFC championship teams with lots of players that might be too nicked up to want to play a fake game one week after a bummer of a loss.
    Oh well. At least there is some buzz around the pro bowl even if it is negative. Years past people just plain didn’t care. At least now they hate it instead of being indifferent.