Joe Horn feels unappreciated by the Saints

It’s been widely reported that when the New Orleans Saints beat the Arizona Cardinals in the divisional round of the playoffs, former Saints running back Deuce McAllister was brought back to be a part of it.

What’s been largely overlooked is that another former Saint, wide receiver Joe Horn, was also at the Superdome. But while McAllister was honored on the field, Horn sat in the cheap seats and watched the game.

And in comments to Terence Moore of FanHouse, Horn, who played for the Saints from 2000 to 2006, suggests that he feels the Saints should have given him some recognition too.

“I never sat in the stands before, but I was up there with the fans, and they were just stunned to see me,” Horn said. “I wanted to sit in the nose-bleed section. I wanted to be with the rowdy of the rowdies, and I also wanted to be me, and that’s exactly what I was. The 50 to 100 people who got the autographs and the hugs from me, they got them, and they enjoyed themselves, and I enjoyed myself.

“But they kept asking me throughout the game, ‘Joe, we love it that you’re up here with us, sharing your hot dogs, eating popcorn with us, enjoying the game with us, but why aren’t you down on the sidelines right now?’ “

The reason Horn wasn’t on the sidelines is that the Saints didn’t want him there. Horn has been critical of Saints coach Sean Payton, so it’s not a big surprise that Payton wouldn’t want him around. But Horn said he’s still a big Saints fan, and he wants them to win the Super Bowl.

“Every night I get down on my knees,” Horn says, “hoping and praying that they pull it out.”

Permalink 61 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
61 Responses to “Joe Horn feels unappreciated by the Saints”
  1. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Jan 26, 2010 4:02 PM

Can you hear me now? Good!

2. KingKunal says: Jan 26, 2010 4:03 PM

WTF?! Sharing his Hot Dog?! That sounds a bit…freakish. I know that kind of stuff was going down when the Super Dome was used as safe haven during Katrina, but it’s sad to see Joe Hornie continueing the act during a Saints NFC Championship game!

3. phatty says: Jan 26, 2010 4:03 PM

That’s what she said.

4. Boudin says: Jan 26, 2010 4:03 PM

Deuce left with dignity and grace. Joe was vocal all the way to Atlanta.
    we still love you, Joe Horn. we’re just not IN love with you…

5. jeremiah says: Jan 26, 2010 4:03 PM

burn

6. karmathaitch says: Jan 26, 2010 4:04 PM

Class Act!!

7. Pier588 says: Jan 26, 2010 4:04 PM

Joe Horn – isn’t he the former Saints receiver that Braylon Edwards trys to emulate who’s most noted Pro Football moment came when he “pulled out” a hidden cell phone from the goal post a few years back?

8. Marv_Sleezy says: Jan 26, 2010 4:04 PM

Was he at least able to reach the Saints side line on his prop cell phone?

9. Tdk24 says: Jan 26, 2010 4:05 PM

You are not on the field because you are Joe Horn. nuff said.

10. StevePhillipsLikesFat/UglyChicks says: Jan 26, 2010 4:05 PM

Wouldn’t it be better if that last sentence read:
    “Every night I get down on my knees,” Horn says, “hoping and praying that Tebow pulls out.”?

11. Big Stretch says: Jan 26, 2010 4:05 PM

A bit trivial to pray for a football team to win with everything else going on in the world.

12. North Killadelphia says: Jan 26, 2010 4:07 PM

Joe makin’ me Horn-y

13. Beef_It says: Jan 26, 2010 4:08 PM

“Every night I get down on my knees hoping and praying that they pull it out.” LOL!!!

14. Seeryer says: Jan 26, 2010 4:09 PM

I must have missed where Joe Horn said he felt unappreciated. The quotes I saw say things like, “I wanted to sit in the nose-bleed section”. So MDS, is it your opinion that Horn feels unappreciated or did he actually say it?

15. RayDaMayor says: Jan 26, 2010 4:10 PM

Maybe Deuce was on the field because he retired a Saint, never said an ill word against the organization and never played for a division rival, as Horn did.
    Message to Joe Horn……you played great for the Saints, but really…..just STFU.

16. Peoples Champ says: Jan 26, 2010 4:10 PM

“Horn has been critical of Saints coach Sean Payton, so it’s not a big surprise that Payton wouldn’t want him around.”
    There’s your reason right there! He’s just crying for attention now that the Saints are in position to possibly win the SB. (They won’t)

17. geaux says: Jan 26, 2010 4:11 PM

Joe Horn was a hero at times for the Saints, but it went to his head and became all about Joe.
    Now he wants to be a distraction?
    Please, Joe, for the sake of the Saints you say you pray and pull for – step back out of the spotlight.

18. ndlauber says: Jan 26, 2010 4:12 PM

that’s what she said

19. We've had the goal since training camp says: Jan 26, 2010 4:13 PM

WHO CARES?

20. absolutsaints says: Jan 26, 2010 4:15 PM

If Horn was such a “team player”, then he would have restructured his contract, like he was asked to, to make room. Joe was coming off of a leg injury and the Saints offered him the option to restructure or leave. Well, we all know what he did… he opted for more $ and went to Atlanta. There is no doubt he is a big part of the organization and the community…but why should he be honored for being a greedy player? You had the chance to stay Joe, but you wanted more $…. NO RING FOR YOU!!!!

21. hsf09 says: Jan 26, 2010 4:16 PM

We can also bring back Aaron Brooks while we’re at it.

22. The Denominator says: Jan 26, 2010 4:16 PM

That’s what she said

23. READY2CRUSH says: Jan 26, 2010 4:16 PM

—————–
    Thats funny, every night I get down on my knees hoping and praying I’ll get to pull it out too

24. SWILPackfan says: Jan 26, 2010 4:16 PM

Wow, that last statement really explains why he and payton don’t get along. That guy gave them 6 good years (before bailing for a division rival), the least they could do is throw in a reach-a-round.

25. dlmcc0909 says: Jan 26, 2010 4:17 PM

Dont we all feel unnapreciated? My job sucks balls, im underpaid, and my girlfriend is only nice when she wants something. I think we all have this problem in life. Suck it up Joe Horn. Maybe if you didnt talk smack about the coach, you wouldnt be sitting up in the nose bleed section. Im not a betting man but it doesnt take a genius to guess the reason for the different treatment

26. Tylobrown says: Jan 26, 2010 4:17 PM

Who is Joe Horn?

27. Biddles says: Jan 26, 2010 4:18 PM

Horn is in prison?

28. Tylobrown says: Jan 26, 2010 4:18 PM

Who is Joe Horn?

29. Vikes-N-Favre says: Jan 26, 2010 4:21 PM

What do you expect from a bunch of classless cheaters? The poster child for the NFL, the feel sorry for me franchise since hurricane Katrina. Screw the Saints and their costume wearing fans.
    Who dat, who dat beat the Saints? The Vikings had it not been for a royal screw job by the officials. However, in the SB it will be Peyton Manning and company ripping through that pop warner defense on their way to another SB title.

30. RIP__21 says: Jan 26, 2010 4:22 PM

What did this fool expect? He ran his mouth about the boss and consequently was banished.

31. Poo Flinging Monkey says: Jan 26, 2010 4:23 PM

Tom Dempsey feels slighted, as well.

32. Mr Krinkle says: Jan 26, 2010 4:26 PM

Joe “the-NFL’s-answer-to-Stephon-Marbury” Horn?

33. BigEasy33 says: Jan 26, 2010 4:27 PM

Obviously, he’s loved by the team or they would have placed him in one of the suites…guess not!

34. A_Source_close_2_Favre says: Jan 26, 2010 4:43 PM

go stand in the end zone and call someone who cares

35. JimmySmith says: Jan 26, 2010 4:46 PM

He didn’t need to pray for a Saints victory, they were only playing the Vikings and as history shows, the opposing team in a NFC championshiop game against the Vikings only needs to show up, the Vikings will blow the game all by themselves.

36. klondike355 says: Jan 26, 2010 4:47 PM

Vikes-N-Favre, upset that Brett Favre was Brett Favre. Choking when it mattered most.

37. birdmancometh says: Jan 26, 2010 4:52 PM

OK, Vikes-N-Favre is not a good person. That much is clear.
    They obviously can’t honor every player that was a Saint. Duece ended his career in NO.
    A royal screw Job by the refs V-N-F? Are you kidding me? Maybe if all of your “star players” (ie. Peterson, Berrian, Harvin) could hold on to the football they would have won by 21!

38. John El Way says: Jan 26, 2010 5:07 PM

Florio only shares his hotdog if its double wrapped

39. Kam88 says: Jan 26, 2010 5:10 PM

Yea when a team has that many turnovers in a game can you really blame the officiating if they lose?
    Sh**s weak!
    In the words of many Vikings fans themselves when talking with Packer fans…
    GET OVER IT!

40. callmecougar says: Jan 26, 2010 5:21 PM

Vikes-N-Favre hows it feel to get SKOL f@cked?

41. Cornerdenizen says: Jan 26, 2010 5:25 PM

@absolutsaints:
    Wake up, dude.

42. Josh says: Jan 26, 2010 5:26 PM

The fumbles and the sloppy 12 men on the field costed the Vikings the game, not the refs. and the best comment about Horn’s last statement came from SWILPackfan

43. callmecougar says: Jan 26, 2010 5:28 PM

I heard George Rogers sold him the hot dog.

44. Rickah99 says: Jan 26, 2010 5:31 PM

@ Vikes-N-Favre,
    Maybe they could change the newly popular lyric “Pants on the ground”, to “Ball on the ground”. Just think had Brett tucked the ball and ran for an easy 5-7 yeards it could have been YOUR team kicking the game winning FG! Oh well, live be the Favre, die by the Favre.
    Also, Joe Horn….REALLY???

45. redsquare says: Jan 26, 2010 5:45 PM

Typical organizational political BS. If you smile and agree with everything we say, you’re cool, otherwise you’re nobody.
    Horn was the only good thing about the Saints for a long time. You’d think the current bunch could get over themselves and make this success a celebration for the whole history of the organization.
    Of course, this is academic, since the Colts will win. They’ll play just as well as the Vikings on both sides of the ball, but without any of their mistakes. Good luck with that, Saints.

46. DerekLutz says: Jan 26, 2010 5:46 PM

Craig “Ironhead” Heyward would trade places with Joe Horn any day.

47. teke184 says: Jan 26, 2010 5:48 PM

“Why are you so sure the team asked Horn to take a pay cut? because THEY said so ?What, front office people dont lie to make themselves look good to fans?”
    What happened that off-season:
    1. The front office approached Horn to renegotiate
    2. Horn went on NOLA local media and complained about being asked to renegotiate and talking about how he wanted to get paid
    3. Horn got cut by the Saints
    4. Horn subsequently does interviews saying “I’d have renegotiated if you asked me!”
    5. Horn signed with the Falcons and vowed to make Payton pay for running him out of town
    Joe burned his bridges by fighting with Payton during the 2006 season and through his actions in the offseason before and after being cut.
    If Joe’s going to get honored by the team, it’s going to be after Payton’s done with the franchise.

48. MrHumble says: Jan 26, 2010 5:50 PM

I think the Saints used up all their prayers for the foreseeable future (another 44yrs) in the matchup with the Vikings. As one other poster said, “The Vikings did their damnest to give the game to the Saints during regulation but it took the officials to do it in overtime” LMAO at that one cuz it sure seemed funny and true to all my friends that watched it.

49. hizzle1281 says: Jan 26, 2010 6:10 PM

North Killadelphia says:
    January 26, 2010 4:07 PM
    Joe makin’ me Horn-y
    ————————————-
    NEVER………………………………………AGAIN

50. BUTT NAKED RAIDERS FAN says: Jan 26, 2010 6:17 PM

Wasn’t Joe accused of having sex with a teammates wife? What was that players’ name?

51. FOOSBALL says: Jan 26, 2010 6:22 PM

“…And your honorary Saints for the Super Bowl Hokie Gajan! Hoby Brenner! aaaaand Renaldo Turnbull!”

52. RichieBugs83 says: Jan 26, 2010 6:27 PM

*that’s what she said*

53. alfredb says: Jan 26, 2010 6:38 PM

STFU Joe Horn!
    The Falcons signed you to a big money contract for you to set an example for their young WRs. Instead, you were a malcontent. You felt you were “unappreciated”.
    You stole money from Atlanta and then forced them to release you, so you could hook up with another team.
    How did that work out Joe? Huh, huh? I’ll tell you how………early retirment.
    Nobody wants you Joe.
    Sit in the cheap seats and share your weenie with the fans.
    Did I mention STFU!

54. RayDaMayor says: Jan 26, 2010 7:28 PM

VIKINGS LOSE….VIKINGS LOSE……VIKING LOSE…..VIKING LOSE……VIKING LOSE
    What else is new? 5 times in Championship games and counting…..
    Willie Roaf LOVES Joe Horny……rumor was Joe boned his wife.

55. FumbleNuts says: Jan 26, 2010 7:48 PM

Joe, quit honking your “Horn” and just STFU!

56. oldsaintfan says: Jan 26, 2010 8:08 PM

Vikes-N-Favre says:
    January 26, 2010 4:21 PM
    Ask Brett about their Pop Warner defense. Oh right, all of their hits were cheap shot. Give me a break. You lost, get over it.

57. oksteeler says: Jan 26, 2010 8:17 PM

Who is next…Aaron Brooks.

58. slipkid says: Jan 26, 2010 9:23 PM

willie roaf. and to placate the chocolate locker room they let a perennial all pro OT go and kept a loudmouth over-self-hyped wideout.
    story goes horny didnt just bone her. he pregonated her.

59. andy reid's belt says: Jan 26, 2010 10:15 PM

JimmySmith…couldn’t agree with you more. I think Billy Kilmer (alive?) should have been on that podium. Vikes-N-Farve….when are you and all Viqueen fans going to understand that the Viqueens suck and will always be a losing organization. Look on the bright side, when they move to LA, you can always jump on the Saints,Cowboys, Jets, bandwagon

60. ben6969 says: Jan 27, 2010 12:09 AM

Viking fans are like that girlfriend that you break up with, and yet she won’t seem to leave you alone even after you’ve moved on to something else…. Y’all lost get over it, and stop crying like a bunch of bitches…

61. Smitty says: Jan 28, 2010 10:40 AM

There must not be an age requirement for posting comments on this site because Vikes-N-Favre sure sounds like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum. Get over it loser! Your sorry, Brett Favre butt- kissing coach and over-hyped team got beat. Rope that calf (glad I did not see that corny act during the game) while you and the rest of the purple crybabies watch the Super Bowl on TV.