Tim Tebow has strep throat, will play in Senior Bowl

Maybe Tim Tebow has an excuse for his unimpressive showing in Senior Bowl practices.

ESPN is reporting that Tebow has strep throat.

The report on SportsCenter was short on details, and it’s not clear whether strep throat causes quarterbacks to struggle under center, but ESPN did say Tebow is still planning to play in the Senior Bowl.

The news that Tebow has strep throat was first noted on Twitter on Monday night, but wasn’t reported in the media until the Tuesday afternoon SportsCenter.

Permalink 38 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
38 Responses to “Tim Tebow has strep throat, will play in Senior Bowl”
  1. Pier588 says: Jan 26, 2010 1:58 PM

Maybe it was all the yapping he was forced to do tapping the Super Bowl anti-abortion commercial?
    Or maybe St Timothy employed AP’s anti-fumble coach to train him up for the Sr Bowl?

2. thinkkaz says: Jan 26, 2010 2:03 PM

Pure comedy how they’re already trying to spin this and say strep throat is to blame for his disaster of a showing. Also interesting how this was only mentioned after his horrible showing.

3. wydok says: Jan 26, 2010 2:04 PM

Maybe he didn’t want to give the center his germs
    *rolls eyes*

4. THE OPINION GUY says: Jan 26, 2010 2:04 PM

I am a Tebow fan but do we need to know everythign about his every move?
    It is the same way with Obama and where he goes to lunch etc.
    In the news today, in order to help Tebow go to his right better, he bagan wiping Florio’s a** with his right hand.

5. Romo Witten His Pants says: Jan 26, 2010 2:04 PM

Why would Jesus do this to Tim Tebow?

6. Big Stretch says: Jan 26, 2010 2:06 PM

This kid is a product of the media love affair with his “heart and passion.”
    There is now way he should be considered anything more than a late round ( 4-7 ) project player.

7. Roboto says: Jan 26, 2010 2:10 PM

Maybe Baby Jesus should come see Benny Hinn down in Orlando. Benny can annoint his jacket and toss it in Timmy’s face and give him a miracle healing.

8. Florio-is-a-tool says: Jan 26, 2010 2:11 PM

Media is desperate for another darling now that Bert Favre is likely gone. Enter yet another media friendly gun-slinger. Will he be another Lonesome Rhodes? Only time will tell.
    The key is if Peter King gets a text message from him.

9. ero52 says: Jan 26, 2010 2:11 PM

I’ve lost a lot of respect for him since that Superbowl ad.

10. bluelion says: Jan 26, 2010 2:12 PM

C’mon… everyone knows that strep throat, left untreated, can develop into a raging case of fumble-itis.

11. Love_Boat_Scandal says: Jan 26, 2010 2:12 PM

Tim Tebow has yet to throw his first pass in the NFL (it will be an incompletion), and I’m already sick of him.
    He’s the JJ Reddick of football.

12. Big Stretch says: Jan 26, 2010 2:12 PM

perhaps it’s from getting to close to all the little boys he circumsizes in his spare time.
    tasteless jokes are the best.

13. Stillerz says: Jan 26, 2010 2:13 PM

I guess thats why he kept “coughing the ball up”… surprised you missed that opprotunity at a lame joke Florio.
    This guy is the new Brett Favre, hasnt even been in the league for 20 minutes yet and people are following his every move like hes been in it 20 years

14. The Coop says: Jan 26, 2010 2:15 PM

Is there anything this kid CAN’T do?

15. StevePhillipsLikesFat/UglyChicks says: Jan 26, 2010 2:17 PM

“Strep Throat” or is his boyfriend “seed” just stuck in his throat?

16. JAG880 says: Jan 26, 2010 2:24 PM

17. LeatherBoundJock says: Jan 26, 2010 2:28 PM

18. jj jones says: Jan 26, 2010 2:34 PM

“I saw that guy talking at the podium after the practice on espnnews…he talked and takked and talked, barely took a breath and never stopped. It was a giant run-on sentence. So maybe that’s why his throat hurts. ”
    god bless.

19. shaunypoo says: Jan 26, 2010 2:34 PM

Someone should tell him not to take the snaps from under center with his mouth.
    Throat babies.

20. Seeryer says: Jan 26, 2010 2:38 PM

I thought he was infallable? I guess the batphone to the big man up stairs doesn’t get reception in Mobile.

21. imabigdog says: Jan 26, 2010 2:40 PM

In unrelated news…..
    Tebow will be doing another Super Bowl commercial, this one about the horrors of playing football with strep throat.
    Pro strep throat groups are outraged!

22. toe-to-toe bird law says: Jan 26, 2010 2:46 PM

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-shirt cause it says like, “I wanna be formal but I’m here to party too,” cause I like to party, so I like my Jesus to party.

23. footballisking says: Jan 26, 2010 3:10 PM

strep throat shouldnt be anything….. he healed Urban Meyer from his life being in danger from stress in just one practice

24. RayDaMayor says: Jan 26, 2010 3:12 PM

Can we cue up another Brett Farve story here please……..

25. jasncondit says: Jan 26, 2010 3:16 PM

I gained more respect for him for the Superbowl ad. There’s more to LIFE than football. PUN intended!

26. Avon Barksdale says: Jan 26, 2010 3:22 PM

I’m glad Tebow decided not to abort his plan.

27. Champ Kind with Sports says: Jan 26, 2010 3:38 PM

JAG880 says: January 26, 2010 2:24 PM
    “What has Tebow ever done to receive the hate he gets? Hate the media who obsess over his every move, not him.”
    …nothing. The ones who make fun of him are just losers who are very insecure with themselves. I totally understand how people can choose not to be a fan of his as a football player, and I can also understand not agreeing with his religious views, but the guy has never done anything to warrant the kind of sophomoric hatred that many of the doofuses on internet message boards and comment sections dish out to him.

28. Youngone says: Jan 26, 2010 3:44 PM

Tebow 3:16 says I just fumbled the ball

29. BengalsDouche2 says: Jan 26, 2010 4:00 PM

I’m glad Tebow is showing how ungodly overrated he really is. It’s bad when Tony Pike is showing him up down there right now. Of course that wasn’t mentioned here though. Just wait for the combine. You’ll see Tebow is nothing. Oh wait, he might have a yeast infection then.

30. Roboto says: Jan 26, 2010 4:05 PM

Oh, why don’t you Baby Jesus fans just stop crying. You can’t deal with the teasing? Don’t read the posts.
    I wonder if Tebow supported the lie that was the Iraq War? Can hardly be called “Pro-Life” in that case, huh?

31. TFBuckFutter says: Jan 26, 2010 4:06 PM

This sounds serious.
    I hear the doctors are recommending he be aborted.

32. TFBuckFutter says: Jan 26, 2010 4:08 PM

BTW….we can ALL agree that if anyone was running a pro-choice ad, Focus on the Family would completely and utterly lose their shit, right?

33. Ammo says: Jan 26, 2010 4:18 PM

I do not like all the negative comments about God’s grandson in this thread.

34. Roboto says: Jan 26, 2010 4:42 PM

Ha!

35. troll_aikman8 says: Jan 26, 2010 5:37 PM

This whole thread is going to hell.

36. troll_aikman8 says: Jan 26, 2010 5:40 PM

This is the Tebow that we all expected. Fumbling snaps, throwing into the dirt and getting shown up by Div II QB’s.
    For his sake, I only hope the media documents without bias how in the post practice supper he feeds the entire offense with one EAS Myoplex supplement shake.

37. Big M says: Jan 26, 2010 6:42 PM

Wow. These comments are a sad reflection of our society.
    It’s not Tebow’s he fault he was such a great college player and and even better person. It’s the media’s fault for over-exposing that. You all can only wish you were so valuable to this world.

38. shaunypoo says: Jan 28, 2010 9:20 AM

Pike puts on 20 lbs and he will be a first rounder. Of course if he does that by the draft, he will probably have failed a drug test.
    Personally, I don’t care for Tebow because of the “no one will work harder than me” speech. What kind of sanctimonious bull crap is that. Plus in the title game when one of the announcers said that spending only five minutes with Tebow would make anyone a better person. The media overhyped him. Great college player, but lets not make him any more than he really is. And anyone using an athlete as a role model for their children is a moron. My wife and I are the role models for our children, and the only people we count on a such.
    The only upside so far is that he is not addressing any of the crap he gets, for that I respect him.