Spiller signs big-money memorabilia deal

As former Clemson tailback C.J. Spiller prepares to enter the NFL, he’s already racking up some revenue on the side, via a six-figure memorabilia deal.

Razor Entertainment has inked Spiller to an exclusive, multi-year memorabilia arrangement.

Contracts of that value have become a rarity in the current economy, and it could be a sign that things are turning back around.

The versatile Spiller is regarded as one of the top running backs in the draft, and he’s already drawing comparisons to Reggie Bush.

You know, Reggie Bush when he plays well.  Not the other Reggie Bush.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
13 Responses to “Spiller signs big-money memorabilia deal”
  1. GobiasINC_1 says: Jan 27, 2010 12:43 PM

This dude is the definition of a luxury pick. I can definitely see him going to the Seahawks so Carrol can have his Reggie Bush-clone.

2. Brohamma says: Jan 27, 2010 12:52 PM

If the Patriots could somehow land Spiller… wow! He would be a perfect fit for the scheme and this deal would pay-off big for Razor.

3. FumbleNuts says: Jan 27, 2010 1:16 PM

The Seahawks should take him if available, then go O-Linemen in the NFL draft.

4. realitypolice says: Jan 27, 2010 1:30 PM

You mean not the Reggie Bush who digs big assed white girls who make sex tapes?

5. netdawg says: Jan 27, 2010 1:51 PM

funny how most knuckleheads lump all non-black chicks as “white”. Stay classy realitypolice… and don’t say you would tap any of the Kardashians because you know you’d probably pay for it too.
    Spiller will be a commodity in the draft and will go to a team that already has a lot of talent later in rnd 1. If the Reggie Bush experiment taught the league anything is that spending a high draft pick on a guy like that is just assinine.

6. Dr. Hannibal Lector says: Jan 27, 2010 2:44 PM

So what’s an incorrect comment about the economy doing in there of all places and time? Gee I wonder

7. Zeppelin53 says: Jan 27, 2010 3:08 PM

I still don’t see how people are labeling Reggie Bush a bust or ripping on him…
    He’s in the Super Bowl, and he’s dynamic when he’s on the field. I’m still waiting for Mario Williams to make the Super Bowl…or Vince Young. Now I’m not saying they’re busts at all, so don’t try some connect-the-dots crap. I’m just saying, Reggie Bush is damn good at football too. If you want to rag on someone, why not talk about a team that made it to the AFC Championship game, but had no contribution from their #6 overall pick a few years back – the definition of a bust – Vernon Gholston.
    Florio just loves giving his digs at Reggie though.

8. tian says: Jan 27, 2010 3:10 PM

I saw CJ Spiller play. A lot. Spiller is an “every-down” Reggie Bush. CJ Spiller is not a gimmick. He can be in there every down. My only question is his pass blocking. Can he pick up an NFL blitz?

9. T. says: Jan 27, 2010 3:10 PM

Typical, if you ask me, Dr. Lector. “[A]nd it could be a sign that things are turning back around” is nothing more than plaintiffs’ lawyer Florio doing what has become second nature to him from the moment he realized he couldn’t eat unless and until he started suing people. As for it being an incorrect comment – that’s spot-on.

10. JJCheesehead says: Jan 27, 2010 3:16 PM

i dont care what color kim is. i would hit that.

11. smiley says: Jan 27, 2010 3:45 PM

“You know, Reggie Bush when he plays well. Not the other Reggie Bush.”
    Funny stuff Florio!! Not funny like a clown…you know…just funny. What?

12. mwcarolina says: Jan 27, 2010 4:31 PM

uh oh, not good.
    I still don’t see how people are labeling Reggie Bush a bust or ripping on him…
    why do people rip him you ask, because he is hyped like Tim Tebow or LeBron James, yet he carried the ball vs. the vikings 8 times for 7 yards, that is NOT and i mean NOT good, Reggie Bush isn’t a pro running back, he is a reciever/returner and having him labeled running back is insulting and he is better than Williams and Young?? PLEASE! Williams is one of the best pass rushers in the game and is a clone of Peppers while Young wins games and unlike Bush can play his position well.

13. realitypolice says: Jan 27, 2010 4:32 PM

Ummm…… Kim Kardashian isn’t white? I know it may not have been one of my classier posts, but I think my facts were pretty straight.
    “and don’t say you would tap any of the Kardashians because you know you’d probably pay for it too.”
    Not sure what this means, but if you’re asking if I would nail a Kardashian, I say hell yes to all but Courtney.