Jags experience a ticket surge

After a season featuring only one sellout in ten home games and a December slide that knocked the team out of playoff contention, the Jacksonville Jaguars nevertheless are selling plenty of tickets.

Seriously.

Vic Ketchman of Jaguars.com reports that the team is “way ahead” of its pace from the past two years.

“I think it’s two things,” Jaguars CFO Bill Prescott said Thursday, “but the biggest influence is probably what ‘Touchdown Jacksonville!’ and ‘Team Teal’ have done to raise awareness.  The other thing is the economy.  People probably have more confidence in it this January than they did last January.”

Through last week, they had sold 1,300 season tickets for 2010.

In January 2009, they sold 13.

In January 2008, they sold none.

So while real progress is being made, there’s still plenty of work to be done.

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
25 Responses to “Jags experience a ticket surge”
  1. ar1888 says: Jan 28, 2010 9:53 PM

2. Richierich420 says: Jan 28, 2010 10:03 PM

That is new season ticket holders since renewals don’t go out for a couple weeks

3. timmillah says: Jan 28, 2010 10:05 PM

That’s 1300 NEW season ticket holders.
    Renewals not included in that number.
    Last year, we only sold 13 new tickets in January.
    In 2008, 0.
    It’s major progress.

4. Chasehunterj says: Jan 28, 2010 10:06 PM

I’m not sure ar188 understands the concept of the situation we are dealing with here…

5. Coonicon says: Jan 28, 2010 10:08 PM

That is new sales you dolt… i doubt that is counting people that were already season ticket holders with the Jaguars.

6. sniperhare says: Jan 28, 2010 10:10 PM

The Jags see ticket sales after the draft, the fact that so many have bought in January is a good thing.
    The lowered prices and 30/30 plan along with the two fan outreach clubs are having improvements. It’s a positive story for once.

7. GCurrier says: Jan 28, 2010 10:18 PM

“ar1888 says:
    January 28, 2010 9:53 PM
    I hope you are joking when you say they are happy with 1300 season tickets sold so far.”
    Wow… I think I figured out how Obama got voted in….

8. FunkFootball.Blogspot.com says: Jan 28, 2010 10:27 PM

Draft Tebow, sales skyrocket.
    Win with Tebow, franchise is saved.

9. dafish says: Jan 28, 2010 10:35 PM

The key number for the Jags is the non-renewals. I don’t think it is going to be as severe as has been in the past. With the marketing efforts going from Orlando to the Coastal Georgia and S. Carolina area, I believe we’ll do well this year as far as no blackouts.
    I’m just hoping Weaver doesn’t force a certain left handed quarterback on this team in the draft… but he is a shoe salesman by trade.

10. theravenlives2 says: Jan 28, 2010 10:47 PM

Lemme see…1300…they can put it with the other 12 they already have and get 1312. Got it!
    Damn, the only thing teal that isn’t covered is Jack Del Rio’s paycheck!
    boing!

11. Richierich420 says: Jan 28, 2010 11:02 PM

I’m not worried about that

12. aikman8 says: Jan 28, 2010 11:30 PM

“The other thing is the economy. People probably have more confidence in it this January than they did last January.”
    Are you kidding me? Seriously? The guy must be a delusional Democrat …

13. east96street says: Jan 29, 2010 12:02 AM

aikman8 says: “Are you kidding me? Seriously? The guy must be a delusional Democrat …”
    Everyone who understands that the stock market works for you when you buy low and sell high had a great year. Even a basic S&P Index fund would have given you over 20% return. Sorry you missed out. It was easy pickings.

14. Karl says: Jan 29, 2010 2:19 AM

I wonder if this is non-renewals.

15. Schau3r says: Jan 29, 2010 2:46 AM

The Packer fans laugh incredibly hard at this…
    …Seriously.
    We wish it were this easy to get tickets around here. We fortunately have 2 season tickets and would want more. But, I’m 25 and won’t be seeing any tickets open up in my life. I’m on a list with over 100,000 on it.
    …Seriously.

16. gbsparks says: Jan 29, 2010 4:22 AM

aikman8:
    Spoken like a true, unemployable republican.
    Improve your skill set and you’ll soon find the success you’ve been looking forward to achieving in the food service industry.

17. crispy says: Jan 29, 2010 8:54 AM

L.A. Jaguars.
    It is still going to heppen…

18. BradyGazelle says: Jan 29, 2010 9:12 AM

19. Zox says: Jan 29, 2010 9:24 AM

@ crisp -
    “L.A. Jaguars.”
    L.A. – yeah, there’s a city that knows how to support a team.

20. James_D says: Jan 29, 2010 9:58 AM

People like to conveinently forget this team was sold out with a waiting list as recent as 2006. It’s amazing what a few blackouts and LA rumor’s can do to the perception of a fanbase. I would not at all be surprised if Florio is posting “Jags sell out 2010 season” in about 6 months. I encourage anyone posting negative comments about this fanbase to do a quick google or wiki search. I think you’ll be very surprised to see where this team ranks in attendance since it’s inception.

21. midwest says: Jan 29, 2010 10:11 AM

@BradyGazelle……
    They lowered it BY $9 per game not TO $9 per game.
    GUMP!

22. Jag4Life says: Jan 29, 2010 10:35 AM

BradyGazelle says
    “It’s shocking they can’t sell season ticket packages since they lowered the prices to $9 a game.”
    ———————————————–
    Tickets were lowered by $9 not $9 a game. Since you’re uncapable of reading the article you speak of let me break it down for you. Let’s say a single game seat is $60. If you subtract $9 from $60 that seat is now $51. 60-9=51. Pretty simple huh.
    Schau3r says “The Packer fans laugh incredibly hard at this…”
    You’re not serious are you? Well just in case you are, of course Green Bay is sold out for the next 300 years. There is absolutely NOTHING and I mean NOTHING else there and I’ve been there 4 different occasions. What else are you going to do besides make snow & cheese sandwiches. Now I’m laughing at you….

23. evilboy128 says: Jan 29, 2010 10:50 AM

@ James_D
    Just shows you how powerful the second largest market in the U.S. is. L A wants the Jaguars and will lie,cheat, and steal to get them in any way, shape, or form. Regardless of damage to the town, team, or their own reputation. and a lil secret for ya, Florio is a member of the press group pushing for the move.

24. dan073eb says: Jan 29, 2010 7:14 PM

# Schau3r says: January 29, 2010 2:46 AM
    The Packer fans laugh incredibly hard at this…
    …Seriously.
    …Seriously.
    hey, if the jags were founded in 1919 and were successful for 91 years, I’m sure there would be a waiting list for their fans to get tickets as well.
    …Seriously…

25. kdwalker says: Jan 30, 2010 1:14 PM

@ # Schau3r: When the Jags are playing poorly, we have the option of going to the beach, going out on the boat or doing a number of other things for free on the weekend. Sorry you guys in GB have really no choice but to go see the Packers or ice fish or milk a cow. Also, Jags have to compete for weekends with the Gators, Seminoles and Bulldogs. Winning cures everything. Jacksonville is a football town, but with the availability of feasible alternatives, people choose the cheap or the winning. Winning will fill the seats…Again.