Josh Cribbs is a likeable guy

The Browns haven’t paid the man yet, but Josh Cribbs isn’t shy about spending the money he has in appreciation of his teammates.

Cleveland’s return ace brought nine of his core special teams blockers (9!) to Miami with him for the Pro Bowl and he’s honoring them by wearing their jerseys one at a time the rest of the week.  Well done, sir.

Cribbs, who made the NFL’s all-decade team as a return man, is encouraged by the latest developments in his contract talks. And he’s amazed at the support he gets in Cleveland.

“The fans are bar-none, just amazing,” Cribbs said to NFL.com. “They keep me
there. Everyone is amazing, everywhere I go. They accept me with warm
blood. . . . They treat me like I’m their brother or a family member.
They show so much love to me, it’s remarkable.”

Browns fans haven’t had much to be happy about about the last few years, but they have Josh Cribbs.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
32 Responses to “Josh Cribbs is a likeable guy”
  1. PAYDAMAN says: Jan 28, 2010 9:39 PM

Not to mention he’s donating his entire pro bowl check to the relief efforts in Haiti. My name says it all!

2. danieltgeary says: Jan 28, 2010 9:40 PM

Guy deserves to be paid at least $1.5-$2 mill a yr

3. oruacat2 says: Jan 28, 2010 9:41 PM

I despise the Browns, but that’s pretty cool.
    Bravo, Cribbs, bravo.

4. Skoods says: Jan 28, 2010 9:49 PM

lol at the title. Is this really necessary news?

5. sniperhare says: Jan 28, 2010 9:52 PM

If Cleveland doesn’t pay him the Raiders will. They need someone to return kicks.

6. Bubby Brister says: Jan 28, 2010 9:55 PM

Paying attention to the way this guy carries himself lately and following him on Twitter has brought me to the conclusion that this is one of the classiest guys in the NFL. Great father to boot. Major props for saying nothing but positive things despite being in what is far from a desirable situation (no offense, Browns fans) in Cleveland. Come to the Steelers, Josh.

7. Old Manny of the Mountains says: Jan 28, 2010 10:05 PM

“The fans are bare-none, just amazing,” Cribbs said to NFL.com. “They keep me there. Everyone is amazing, everywhere I go. They accept me with warm blood. . . . They treat me like I’m their brother or a family member. They show so much love to me, it’s remarkable.”
    Bwahahaha!! sounds like he could be a brain surgeon if he doesn’t get that contract..

8. ArtModellsPimp says: Jan 28, 2010 10:20 PM

Sorry Bubby. Josh Cribbs would have to lower his IQ by at least 20 points just to qualify as a “Steeler.” Like you said, he has class. You answered your own comment. Sorry, Dude.

9. daffy87 says: Jan 28, 2010 10:22 PM

Cribbs also said in that interview that his contract talks with the Browns are going very well and that a deal should be done soon. Just like all us Browns fans knew, after Holmgren got his management in place he’d worry about players.

10. SwedishMurderMachine says: Jan 28, 2010 10:41 PM

They accept me with warm blood? Thats kind of weird man.

11. Gautam says: Jan 28, 2010 11:01 PM

The Big Show will pay da man, even an idiot knows that it will be cleared up eventually

12. nerd says: Jan 28, 2010 11:02 PM

Pay the man! Maybe somehow, some way, I’LL end up with a small portion of his money!

13. IWanttoPunchFloriointheFace says: Jan 28, 2010 11:08 PM

Why can’t there be more guys like this in the NFL? What a class act – he will get paid what he deserves…and maybe some of the morons in the league will learn a thing or two about how to be a man from the way Josh handles himself.

14. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Jan 28, 2010 11:19 PM

Once he gets paid he won’t score another special teams touchdown. Look at what 30 million dollars did to devin hester.

15. Dinger says: Jan 28, 2010 11:50 PM

Let’s just see what happens. Cribbs is cool. He wants more money. So do I. He signed a contract for six years and should live with it. He’s complaining he’s underpaid based on his production in 2009. I’m sure he was happy as a pig in mud when he first signed the contract. Well, take your helmet in hand and keep performing. Don’t make this dispute public. His actions on and off the field indicate he’s a better man than what is taking place in the media now. Please no more posts on JC until something substantive has been reached.

16. pilot08 says: Jan 29, 2010 12:24 AM

I would like to see the Panthers make a run at Cribbs.. Carolina has been desparately needing a return man for years and have been near the bottom of the league in special teams..
    We’ll give yall Delhomme for Cribbs strait up

17. Occam says: Jan 29, 2010 1:07 AM

“They treat me like I’m their brother or a family member.”
    I love this guy like a son, or one of my children.

18. stnmmc says: Jan 29, 2010 1:14 AM

Good player. Good guy. His character will not let him be another Hester.

19. DaDawg26 says: Jan 29, 2010 1:45 AM

@ CBS/FOX/etc
    He isn’t getting anywhere near that contract. Hester was paid WR money. Cribbs will be paid Special Teams money.
    Only way Cribbs gets a big deal is if he is flipped to a starting Safety, as the Browns will toy with the notion in the offseason.
    @ Bubby Brister
    Cribbs would sign a $2 contract with the Browns before every thinking about signing a $100 million deal to go to the Tar and Urine!

20. braindead says: Jan 29, 2010 2:35 AM

I really need to just read the articles on PFT and stop looking at the posts. This is the biggest bunch of freakin retards that ever came down the tube…………….

21. PatricktheDookie says: Jan 29, 2010 4:14 AM

Pay the man.

22. trickbunny says: Jan 29, 2010 5:29 AM

I love how, every time there’s an article about Josh Cribbs, the comments are filled with people saying things like “The Raiders will pay him” or “Come to the Steelers.”
    Keep dreaming. Homeboy ain’t going anywhere.

23. flawedBrownsfan says: Jan 29, 2010 6:22 AM

SwedishMurderMachine says:
    “They accept me with warm blood? Thats kind of weird man.”
    Weird? That is disturbing!
    But I do love what he does and how he does it.

24. Pier588 says: Jan 29, 2010 6:46 AM

Time for the Browns to pony up the WR money they were wasting on “Brayin Braylon”.

25. steelerfan9598 says: Jan 29, 2010 6:54 AM

Well done. Great player + Great Guy = $$

26. Hotwaggy11 says: Jan 29, 2010 7:07 AM

Unlike the NBA, and the MLB, the NFL does not sign guarenteed contracts. Everyone makes comments like, “Would you give the money back if you sign a big contract and underperform?”
    The answer is yes, because they will cut you. True, some part of the contract has to be paid, but NFL contracts are rife with escalators and roster bonuses. If someone signs a big money contract and then underperforms, they cut him.
    Yet, if someone signs a low budget contract and wants more money he is berrated and told to ‘honer his contract.”
    I have no doubt that Holmgren will take care of this situation since Cribbs puts butts in the seats, is a positive force in the locker room, and gets more and better press for the Browns then any three other players.
    I do have one question for the first commenter: “Who the hell is Daman?” the guy’s name is Josh.

27. JMClarkent says: Jan 29, 2010 7:30 AM

They accept me with warm blood
    That would explain his freakish skills… Josh Cribbs is a Blackula.

28. FireJerryJones says: Jan 29, 2010 8:16 AM

they must be staying at Motel 6 looking at his deal.

29. brownies4life says: Jan 29, 2010 8:38 AM

Classy Classy Man

30. filthylucre says: Jan 29, 2010 9:18 AM

“Everyone is amazing, everywhere I go. They accept me with warm blood. . . “
    Lestat?

31. -RoNiN- says: Jan 29, 2010 9:52 AM

What a class act.. I hope he gets his money.. and i’m not even a Browns fan!

32. ECS - Brougham Boys 74 says: Jan 29, 2010 1:33 PM

Holmgren takes care of productive players, he’ll be fine. Good things are about to happen for Cleveland. Trust me. I’m one of the many Seahawk fans sad to see Holmgren go.