Steven Jackson accused of domestic violence

Rams running back Steven Jackson, who has a clean record in his six NFL seasons, has been accused of beating up a former girlfriend in March 2009, according to TMZ.com.

While she was pregnant.

Nine months pregnant.

In a criminal complaint filed with the Las Vegas Police Department, Supriya Harris alleges that Jackson “became enraged and pushed me to the ground, repeatedly,” and that Jackson threw her against a door.

She claims that Jackson’s nephew intervened, and that she was “bleeding heavily” from the wounds she suffered.  Jackson then took her to a hospital, and he allegedly told her to explain to the doctors that she fell in the shower.

Per TMZ.com, Jackson’s agent has not responded to a request for comment.

Jackson has not been arrested.

Permalink 40 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
40 Responses to “Steven Jackson accused of domestic violence”
  1. Gautam says: Jan 28, 2010 1:09 PM

9 months back ? wtf

2. twindaddy says: Jan 28, 2010 1:09 PM

I’m sure she was so traumatized that it took her almost an entire year to file charges. This smells like BS to me.

3. Skin_Flute says: Jan 28, 2010 1:11 PM

He is just trying to get the Rams to cut him.

4. The Coop says: Jan 28, 2010 1:12 PM

This would be horrible but I don’t necessarily buy it. And, I’m wondering – why did it take 10+ months for this to surface?

5. Lombardi 6 says: Jan 28, 2010 1:12 PM

10 bucks says it’s Tila Tequila..

6. gopher says: Jan 28, 2010 1:14 PM

I know Favre must have had something to with this.

7. zilla1126 says: Jan 28, 2010 1:15 PM

Let me say this first: A *real man* never hits a woman. EVER.
    That said, I would like it if they provided a little context on these kinds of stories.
    The always make it sound like the guy just ran up and started clocking her.
    The woman’s role is these incidents should be looked at too. Not to lessen the man’s culpability at all – he still gets the book thrown at him.
    But if the woman was the instigator AND/OR elevated the level of the conflict then she should also suffer some sort of penalty.
    That might reduce the number of reports down to just the ones where the man was clearly the only guilty party.

8. HarrisonHits says: Jan 28, 2010 1:15 PM

And she didn’t file charges again him in March 2009 because ?

9. danlinker says: Jan 28, 2010 1:15 PM

If she said at the time it was from falling in the shower, then too bad. Missed her chance to be a gold digger. The only possible witness was his nephew? Sorry honey, go fleece someone else.

10. The Truth says: Jan 28, 2010 1:16 PM

Battering Ram?

11. PeyTheMan says: Jan 28, 2010 1:17 PM

When are NFL girlfriends going to learn not to talk back?

12. EG says: Jan 28, 2010 1:19 PM

will he be taking out a Superbowl ad to counter Tim Tebow’s message?

13. EG says: Jan 28, 2010 1:20 PM

will he be taking out a Superbowl ad to counter Tim Tebow’s message?

14. indians131184 says: Jan 28, 2010 1:20 PM

always gotta blame the black man..

15. chiefysneekz says: Jan 28, 2010 1:22 PM

So she now claims and files a police report? Why not right away? hmmmmm, smells fishy to me!

16. ECS - Brougham Boys 74 says: Jan 28, 2010 1:23 PM

It’s not Jackson’s fault… he thought she was Aaron Curry!!

17. rjgreen3 says: Jan 28, 2010 1:23 PM

Why does it take 2 yrs to file a report? Oh, he dumped you last week!

18. geogibso says: Jan 28, 2010 1:23 PM

Wow, it only took her 10 months to report the incident?
    I guess she wasn’t happy with the amount of child support.

19. heartstl says: Jan 28, 2010 1:29 PM

As if the Rams needed any more problems… oh and March 2009 is not 2 years ago.

20. bearsrule says: Jan 28, 2010 1:38 PM

Sorry, this story doesn’t pass the smell test. I don’t believe her.

21. rodstiffington says: Jan 28, 2010 1:40 PM

Send him to Haiti as punishment

22. SirSuperSouthern says: Jan 28, 2010 1:41 PM

“Jackson then took her to a hospital, and he allegedly told her to explain to the doctors that she fell in the shower.”
    _______________________________
    Haha, that’s what we used to tell the punks we’d bully at military school to tell the nurses at the Infirmary! Oh man that brings me back…

23. CF4L says: Jan 28, 2010 1:43 PM

Rumors are spreading that Jackson was mentored by Larry Johnson…

24. Reasonable says: Jan 28, 2010 1:46 PM

Ok guys, I hope this isn’t true but the 10 months (to me) would be easily explained by Steve Jackson saying,”come on baby, give me another chance.” It’ll ruin my career.” Maybe she gives him the chance and he failed. Maybe she gave him the chance and she just can’t get over it. Black and white doesn’t really exsist. Only shades of grey. But having said that, it is TMZ.
    I have known several batterd weomen, that all gave their ex second chances. I don’t know why, but they do.

25. danieltgeary says: Jan 28, 2010 1:47 PM

Sounds like a good time in vegas to me

26. Allied Biscuit says: Jan 28, 2010 1:48 PM

This is all Brett Favre’s fault. the Vikings cause all domestic abuse. It’s Minnesota’s fault. Every problem in the world is because of Minnesotans.
    -every single packer fan.

27. Complete Fan says: Jan 28, 2010 1:53 PM

The guys a fantasy killer anyway so why doesn’t this shock me?

28. mikeoxlong says: Jan 28, 2010 1:58 PM

“Black and white doesn’t really exsist. Only shades of grey”.
    The truth is ALWAYS black and white, “shades of grey” are a place of comfort that the weak and nonconfrontational use to hide from the harsh realitys that exist on planet earth , which by the way, never was or will be called eutopia.
    When you have the guts to go through life “eyes wide open” what you see isn’t alway pleasant but it always is reality..try it some time.

29. Snowman2008 says: Jan 28, 2010 2:10 PM

After reading some of these comments I understand why God created a Hell. Most of these commenters also need a place to stay for eternity.
    She waited to report it because SJ had her totally intimidated and totally dependent on him.
    Once she was free and safe she decided to punish him for what he did.

30. Reasonable says: Jan 28, 2010 2:20 PM

mikeoxlong says:
    January 28, 2010 1:58 PM
    “Black and white doesn’t really exsist. Only shades of grey”.
    ————————————————–
    What I am referring to is the ansure is usually not A or B. Expecially with the politcal rambling these days. The ansure lies some where in between. The Knee jerk ansure is almost always wrong. No need to question my “guts”.

31. wwwmattcom says: Jan 28, 2010 2:25 PM

why would Steven jackson want to waste his time with one girl? moron, shoulda been a playa, it’s cheaper and you live longer

32. smiley says: Jan 28, 2010 2:26 PM

None of you know what happened. How’s that?

33. Larue says: Jan 28, 2010 2:34 PM

“This is the kind of quality young man whom we would like to make a part of Raider Nation”
    Tom Cable

34. BillsFan27 says: Jan 28, 2010 2:37 PM

If I played for the Rams I’d be angry, too.

35. Pervy Harvin says: Jan 28, 2010 2:41 PM

Snowman2008 says:
    January 28, 2010 2:10 PM
    Once she was free and safe she decided to punish him for what he did.
    ————————————————–
    And while you are on your high horse playing God asswipe, tell me something. How in the hell do you know what happened? Are you her? Know it all pricks go to Hell too,glad you can join us!

36. obscenery says: Jan 28, 2010 2:50 PM

mikeoxlong:
    “Reality” is relative to the observer. If all you see is black and white then that’s all there is in your individual reality. To a nun prostitution is wrong. To a fat, old, unattractive man who hasn’t been touched by a woman in 20 years it’s a little more grey. Killing is wrong, but it becomes grey when it’s to protect the innocent from a wrongful death. Stealing is wrong, unless you’re out of money and your children haven’t eaten in days.
    Is this the reality you are urging others to realize?
    If a person has their “eyes wide open” and can see multiple perspectives simultaneously then the shades of grey emerge.
    It’s a choice. You choose black and white, but try and understand that shades of grey exist, and not just to the “weak”. It takes strength to understand a person with a conflicting view point to your own can still be “right”. Black and white is right for you, but it’s very wrong for me. We can both be “right”.
    Lastly, “stubborn” is not a synonym for “strong”.

37. 69ers says: Jan 28, 2010 2:52 PM

This is disappointing if true. Sjax seemed like one of the good guys, which are few and far between these days in pro sports. I will say he has killed me in the past in fantasy football..

38. Walrus says: Jan 28, 2010 3:24 PM

I agree it’s disappointing to read this. I’ve admired Steven’s conduct w/ the Rams — esp his hard work even in the face of a futile 2009 season. However, I find the police report (victim’s account –TMZ links to it) pretty believable.
    To those who wonder why this is just coming out, consider she did not decide to leave Steven until a few months after the alleged incident. On top of that, as a single mother she has her hands full caring for an infant.
    Anyways, both sides will have the opportunity for due process in this. Here’s hoping justice will be served one way or another.

39. Reasonable says: Jan 28, 2010 3:32 PM

obscenery
    Thank you. You explained my point of view much better. I was in a haste (On the phone figuring out an auto part for a guy in IL. while getting an e-mail order for another man in Lebanon.) The black/white crowd would just simply say I’m illiterate.

40. slipkid says: Jan 28, 2010 6:59 PM

zilla, that all depends what she is hitting you with or aiming at you.
    you have to end the battle. if she is your woman, maybe you dont hit her. if she isnt your woman, maybe you do.
    a woman can kill you too. woukd you rather be judged by 12 or carried by 6.