Steven Jackson responds to allegations

Rams running back Steven Jackson has issued a statement regarding the domestic violence allegations reported earlier today by TMZ.com.

The statement was forwarded to us by agent Steve Caric.

“It’s disheartening that I have to address any alleged allegations 10
months later, but I have read the accusations made by Supriya Harris, and
they are untrue,” Jackson said.  “The accusations are especially hurtful because those who
truly know me know that those actions would be out of character for me.
Miss Harris is the mother of my son, a son that I love and that I
willingly support emotionally and financially.  I will address this matter
thoroughly through the appropriate avenues, but not through the media.”

Jackson has not been arrested or charged with any crime.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
18 Responses to “Steven Jackson responds to allegations”
  1. nfcbeast says: Jan 28, 2010 5:28 PM

Baby MaMa gone crazy cuz.

2. birdmancometh says: Jan 28, 2010 5:30 PM

“Jackson has not been arrested or charged with any crime.”
    I realize you folks are gonna have a field day with this, but please read that last part again before you go ape sh!t.

3. BBrophy1 says: Jan 28, 2010 5:39 PM

alleged allegations – isn’t that like a double negative?

4. Allied Biscuit says: Jan 28, 2010 5:40 PM

birdmancometh
    you are a tool

5. pdxbolt4life says: Jan 28, 2010 5:48 PM

Ahhh…nothing like a little baby mama drama.

6. WashingtonRedstorms says: Jan 28, 2010 5:55 PM

Steven will be traded to the Raider where him and Cable can unite.

7. geek says: Jan 28, 2010 6:05 PM

At least we can take heart that Steven Jackson’s lawyer and/or agent didn’t write this. Either that, or he needs to find better representation! Alleged allegation – so some person is making the claim that some other person is making a claim that he did these things? I’m believing more and more in the mantra that it is better to remain silent and let people thing you are a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it…

8. birdmancometh says: Jan 28, 2010 6:09 PM

Cool, so your a guilty until proven innocent type then.

9. mikeoxlong says: Jan 28, 2010 6:18 PM

Jackson was also quoted as;
    Save the drama, baby mama, the presidents barak obama, and i’m allowed to cause you trauma.
    Word !
    Pants on the ground !

10. alewatcher says: Jan 28, 2010 7:16 PM

# geek says: January 28, 2010 6:05 PM
    ——————
    I was thinking the exact same thing, he definitely had no help on that one.
    It often shows a fine command of the language to not say anything.

11. MrHumble says: Jan 28, 2010 7:30 PM

I smell a gold digger here……how long before we hear that she tried to “negotiate a settlement but in the end was “forced” to file charges”.

12. Vikes#28Owns says: Jan 28, 2010 7:51 PM

You people are idiots.
    allege |əˈlej|
    verb [ reporting verb ]
    claim or assert that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically without proof that this is the case
    allegation |ˌaliˈgā sh ən|
    noun
    a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof
    Yes I know I posted the same definition twice but the difference is that alleged is a verb and allegation is a noun.
    “It’s disheartening that I have to address any alleged allegations 10 months later”
    So basically he is saying it is sad that he has to address the false accusations of an event that never occurred.
    alewatcher says:
    “It often shows a fine command of the language to not say anything.”
    I wish you would follow your guidelines.

13. this class sucks says: Jan 28, 2010 9:36 PM

If it is untrue then it will go away, if its true we will find out soon enough. Why don’t we all assume innocents until we know any better?

14. Beastie Bills says: Jan 28, 2010 11:10 PM

That’s how you do it, Marshawn.

15. supadupafly says: Jan 28, 2010 11:24 PM

mikeoxlong ……….that was truly beautiful

16. Josh says: Jan 29, 2010 6:58 AM

@Vikes#28Owns
    Please try a little harder when attempting to sound like you believe you are very intelligent.
    allege |əˈlej|
    verb [ reporting verb ]
    allegation |ˌaliˈgā sh ən|
    noun
    But you’re incorrect. Steven Jackson used the adjective form, alleged, not the past active form of the word allege. So what your haughty self should have done is posted this definition:
    1. declared or stated to be as described; asserted: The alleged murderer could not be located for questioning.
    2. doubtful; suspect; supposed: The alleged cure-all produced no results when it was tested by reputable doctors.
    The word alleged is not synonymous with the word false. Anybody with half a neuron knows what he meant to say, but there is certainly a difference between what he said and what he meant to say.

17. Vikes#28Owns says: Jan 29, 2010 9:37 AM

@Josh
    Sorry I posted the wrong definition of Alleged. He was indeed using the adjective form but my argument is still the same regardless.
    alleged |əˈlejd| |əˈlɛdʒd| |əˈlɛdʒd|
    adjective [ attrib. ]
    (of an incident or a person) said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality : the alleged conspirators.
    Again he is stating that it is sad he has to address something “said, without proof” to a “claim or assert that someone has done something illegal”.
    I put the definition parts in quotations to prove my point further. It is the closest I could get to using color crayons.

18. Vikes#28Owns says: Jan 29, 2010 9:39 AM

Also try using something a little better than Dictionary.com for your source.