Police say Cowboys FB Anderson brandished gun

An initial report about Cowboys fullback Deon Anderson’s Tuesday morning arrest made the situation sound relatively minor.

Anderson has much bigger problems than unpaid traffic tickets.
Addison, Texas police have issued a warrant for Anderson’s arrest on a new charge of deadly conduct.  The Cowboys’ fourth-year lead blocker allegedly pulled a gun on a man following an altercation at the BlackFinn restaurant.
The Dallas Morning News has the police report.
Permalink 47 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Legal, Police Blotter, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
47 Responses to “Police say Cowboys FB Anderson brandished gun”
  1. filthymcnasty says: Feb 3, 2010 8:40 PM

Same old Cowboys. I do miss watching Irvin get confused and try snorting up the sideline though…

2. slipkid says: Feb 3, 2010 8:42 PM

dammit vox go post bail!

3. CookieFlash says: Feb 3, 2010 8:45 PM

boy! arrest ticker never gets a rest does it?

4. Chapnasty2 says: Feb 3, 2010 8:46 PM

And we are back to the old days! Let’s hope we win some superbowls now!

5. pitt says: Feb 3, 2010 8:50 PM

Typical…………….going all Cowboy on somebody

6. Lott42 says: Feb 3, 2010 8:56 PM

A Cowboy in trouble with the Law?…Shocker!

7. Tom says: Feb 3, 2010 8:57 PM

A lot of rich hoods can’t stand to accept their new life of respectability and need to be on the seedy side of life.

8. Jimmysmith. says: Feb 3, 2010 8:58 PM

before I changed my ways and saw the light and was still a Packer fan,I too was gay and had relations with farm animals and played DR. with my dad.But with the love from a good friend I was able to leave all that behind as well as leave bob_nelson behind as well.It’s too bad the other Packer fans dont have the power or will or education to do that same.At least however they dont sound retarded with gay sayings such as “whos dat”.

9. 9to19 says: Feb 3, 2010 8:59 PM

It’s legal to defend yourself with a gun in Texas, dudes. Well, in some cases it is. Apparently this isn’t one of them. Which is fine because Anderson was on his way out the door anyway. John Phillips replaced him as FB through the last quarter of the season and did a much better job of it.

10. pdxbolt4life says: Feb 3, 2010 9:03 PM

SUSPENSION!!!

11. pdxbolt4life says: Feb 3, 2010 9:04 PM

SUSPENSION!!!

12. Cutler=Tool says: Feb 3, 2010 9:07 PM

Maybe it was Gilbert Arenas at Blackfinn

13. lamename says: Feb 3, 2010 9:11 PM

Good thing he’s not in NYC, or he’d be dead by now.

14. ninjaneer says: Feb 3, 2010 9:13 PM

If this is true, Cricket has to go away. Dallas doesn’t need this crap again. 6th and 7th rounds are for fullbacks. There’s a few good ones this year. Rashawn Jackson sounds like a plan to me.

15. Chapnasty2 says: Feb 3, 2010 9:14 PM

@ tom
    way to be a racist…
    no really you make sense, but comments like that will get responses declaring you to be a racist whitey… I give it 10 minutes

16. hankstramcbsradio says: Feb 3, 2010 9:18 PM

Packer fans and Saints fans are birds of a feather Jimmy.

17. HarrisonHits says: Feb 3, 2010 9:27 PM

Season’s definitely over for most of the teams. The offseason mayhem is well underway. What’s that about the 5th arrest in the last 10 days ?

18. JimmySmith says: Feb 3, 2010 9:37 PM

Ah, the highest compliment available, some Biqueen pole smoker attempts to steal my screen name with a small change in capitalization.
    44 years without a Superbowl win calls for some desperate measures. But look at the bright side, this year’s championship loss was a lot closer than the previous one (41-0 to the Giants), so you can’t say progress isn’t being made.

19. Rickah99 says: Feb 3, 2010 9:59 PM

Is the “white house” open again?

20. svetfj says: Feb 3, 2010 10:06 PM

I guess Cornflorio has really been on top of that Marvin Harrison story… never pass up a chance to ding second rate Cowboy

21. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 3, 2010 10:16 PM

“Is the “white house” open again?”
    And if so, what’s the address?

22. DarkBrownBro says: Feb 3, 2010 10:20 PM

Chapnasty2 says:
    February 3, 2010 9:14 PM
    @ tom
    way to be a racist…
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    why you always bring up racist/racism in every post???
    Nothing in his statement calls racist or anything to that point…
    All I want to know is why is my FB pulling a gun???
    I know WHY he carries a gun but why did he pull it????
    Do we know if he was threatened or do you just assume he’s a thug because he plays football and carries a gun?

23. NoKoolaidCowboy says: Feb 3, 2010 10:26 PM

Uhh, well he is a Cowboy. What’d you expect him to brandish? A bow and arrow?

24. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 3, 2010 10:28 PM

Mekonnen Gigi? Sounds like a tranny hooker name. Jackal138/Ocelot138/Whiterhino/WhiteRhinocerous, where were you in the early morning hours of 2/2/2010?

25. Count Sacula says: Feb 3, 2010 11:10 PM

Trashy player on a trashy team. Way to go loser.

26. Jimmysmith. says: Feb 3, 2010 11:28 PM

What the hell?Are you kidding me?Some Packer fan is trying to be me?Why would they do something so lame?I am sure I saw the light and got rid of all my gay Packer crap.I mean really,a cheese on my head?I guess the other one is still in denialIs there now limit to how low a Packer fan will go?

27. scrapdawg12 says: Feb 3, 2010 11:55 PM

how bout them cowboys! haha

28. roscoe says: Feb 4, 2010 12:40 AM

“Lott42 says:
    February 3, 2010 8:56 PM
    A Cowboy in trouble with the Law?…Shocker!”

29. Whiterhinocerous says: Feb 4, 2010 3:50 AM

I’m so in your head, it’s comical. Aren’t you almost a middle aged man? Act like one.
    Also, more pertinently: Stay Classy, Dallas!

30. Yellow Ledbetter says: Feb 4, 2010 4:11 AM

Isn’t it mandatory for hood rats to buy some bling,d’s for the tripped out ride, and then arm themselves with the finest burner money can buy? He’s just keepin it real….

31. CarsontoOcho says: Feb 4, 2010 6:10 AM

Bengals fans everywhere: “Yessssss!!!!!”

32. DonTerrelli says: Feb 4, 2010 7:33 AM

C’mon Ricky

33. 4th_and_3_playfake_to_shiancoe says: Feb 4, 2010 7:39 AM

I heard Tony Romeo was cited by the cops for pulling a popgun in the metrodome a couple weeks ago.

34. DanSnyderSux says: Feb 4, 2010 7:49 AM

Oh, those silly Dallas Cowboys!

35. bake says: Feb 4, 2010 8:11 AM

did the dallas police follow the rooney rule and arrest a white guy first?

36. Chapnasty2 says: Feb 4, 2010 8:12 AM

@ darkbrwon
    Oh you silly little fellow you! I don’t bring up race I usually defend myself against race mongering peopel like yourself who either: A. use race as a defense, B. think that everytime an athlete is criticized for being an idiot it is because we racist white people don’t get it or C. Just dont know what the hell you are talking about!
    Maybe you havent been one to throw race in there, I think you have in regards to the Jemarcus Russel post or my comments to leave hip-hop at the door because of the lifestyle it breeds, or in reference to the fact that Joey Porter is semi mentally challeneged and cant speak english, but I assure you several people have. I was going on the offensive to defend myself ahead of time before morons played the race card. Good day sir.

37. Dawkphan says: Feb 4, 2010 8:13 AM

A cowboy player in trouble with the Law? Thats something you don’t see everyday. …..Wait, oh never mind.

38. Duck Fallas says: Feb 4, 2010 8:16 AM

Yea, it is too bad he’s on the way out, otherwise Jerry would have had this swept under the rug before it went public.

39. PatricktheDookie says: Feb 4, 2010 8:21 AM

The police report states the gun was loaded.
    He’s screwed. And he deserves it.

40. alewatcher says: Feb 4, 2010 9:01 AM

Perhaps there were Redskins nearby?

41. StarInWV says: Feb 4, 2010 9:21 AM

“It’s funny how idiotic you all are. Please name to me the last Cowboy that got in trouble with the law while with the team. Irvin????? Reaching much?
    I’m a big Cowboys fan, BUT….
    let’s start with Pacman Jones – fighting in WV then the infamous bathroom brawl from last year
    then there’s that starting cornerback who was charged with manslaughter by killing a motorist who was assisting another stranded motorist a couple of years back.
    Quincy Carter for various drug charges.
    that backup runningback under 1st year for Parcells for felony drug charges.
    Nate Newton caught transporting drugs in La. – someone else from the team was with him.
    I don’t remember some of their names but I do know that Irvin wasn’t the sole devil on this team.

42. StarInWV says: Feb 4, 2010 9:24 AM

…oh wait, don’t forget about Mark Tunei. Maybe he wasnt in trouble with the law, but didn’t he die from a drug overdose.
    Then there’s Alonzo Spielman who was arrested for stipping down and running naked in public. Good God the list goes on and on if I sit here and thing about it.

43. purpleguy says: Feb 4, 2010 9:48 AM

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in comparison to Plaxico’s case. I suspect the Texas laws on gun possession are a bit more lenient though.

44. Tim Couch says says: Feb 4, 2010 10:07 AM

He should do the world a favor and shoot himself in the head.

45. MikeF says: Feb 4, 2010 11:17 AM

purpleguy says:
    February 4, 2010 9:48 AM
    ________________________________
    I suspect Rio De Janero is a bit warmer than Helsinki, too.

46. reformed says: Feb 4, 2010 12:29 PM

I dont know who this guy is. Never heard of him. Never seen his pic. Never brought up in conversation. But THROUGH the “diversity” skewed eyes of the NFL i will make a SWAG-silly wild ass guess that this guy is young, black, a hip-hop type nut, probably rap as well, he thinks he is tough punk mtv thug type brat. A plaxtico rip off. Ill bet 1 twinkie, and two marbles he is just another piece of garbage.

47. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 4, 2010 2:53 PM

He was just defending himself against that tranny hooker from Philly!
    Try not to steal my shtick, you unoriginal hack.