Someone should tell Chris Johnson he won

C.Johnson-1.jpgIn about 20 minutes, I’m going to walk upstairs in the media center to see Chris Johnson accept the FedEx Ground Player of the Year award.

If I see him on the way up there, I’ll tell him he doesn’t need to worry about coming in second.

On the way to fed ex ground player of the year I hope I win ill know soon and ill be the first to let yall kno,” Johnson tweeted Wednesday.

Well, we know. Johnson is listed as the winner throughout promotions for the press conference Wednesday.  (And they don’t invite second place anyway.)  Drew Brees won the Air Award for the second straight year, but has more pressing issues to attend to, so his wife will accept the award.

Johnson is a funny dude; we’ll let you know if he says anything noteworthy about his desire for a new contract at the event.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
32 Responses to “Someone should tell Chris Johnson he won”
  1. StevieMo says: Feb 3, 2010 2:46 PM

“…for the second street year”…..awesome….

2. SteelCurtnDee says: Feb 3, 2010 2:46 PM

Johnson is a moron. Everytime I read a “quote” from him I have to read it 6 or 7 times trying to decipher what it is he’s trying to say.

3. jmuncy says: Feb 3, 2010 2:47 PM

Johnson is fairly dumb you know.

4. Babie Hoodie says: Feb 3, 2010 2:53 PM

Wow. You guys will make anything into news.

5. GobiasINC_1 says: Feb 3, 2010 2:53 PM

Chris Johnson isn’t so much dumb, it’s just that he really isn’t smart. At all. Not even in the slightest bit.
    He is the best RB in the league though.

6. shaggeez says: Feb 3, 2010 2:58 PM

guess they couldnt give this award to a qb, although they made a huge deal about how aaron rodger ran for 300 yards this season. maybe next year aaron

7. Tarmacian says: Feb 3, 2010 3:04 PM

Not a funny guy, he is a stud on the field, an embarrassment in the interviews. listening to him speak is torture.

8. Occam says: Feb 3, 2010 3:05 PM

“Johnson is a funny dude; ”
    One man’s stupid is another man’s funny.

9. jibfest says: Feb 3, 2010 3:05 PM

Thank god he can run with a football, he ain’t be too good with that there English language.

10. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Feb 3, 2010 3:06 PM

someone should tell gregg rosenthal he never hit puberty

11. JJCheesehead says: Feb 3, 2010 3:12 PM

so you have to read his quotes 6 or 7 times to understand them and somehow chris johnson is the dumb one?

12. Rogersworthe says: Feb 3, 2010 3:13 PM

Hi, I’m a nerdy white guy commenting on a blog about how dumb Chris Johnson is. Even though Chris Johnson is more successful than me in every way, I comment here so I can feel superior for knowing how to properly use a gerund.

13. Maddog says: Feb 3, 2010 3:20 PM

I’d still take Stephen Jackson over him. Put Chris Johnson behind the Rams line and he’d get killed. Jackson is a beast. Wish Steelers had him.

14. jj jones says: Feb 3, 2010 3:26 PM

Put O-Town boys Chris Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Mike Sims-Walker in a room together and you might able to make one brain.

15. Duck Fallas says: Feb 3, 2010 3:27 PM

Funny, he’s not getting paid millions of dollars to be an eloquent speaker. Much like none of you are getting paid anything at all to pat yourselves on the back for feeling smarter than him.

16. AllThat says: Feb 3, 2010 3:28 PM

Predator Johnson. I wonder if he ever watches his interviews. He probably would not even recognize himself.
    He would say “who be dat dumb dude”
    Another phone call from Rosetta Stone is needed or English for Dummies.

17. AllThat says: Feb 3, 2010 3:33 PM

jj jones says:
    February 3, 2010 3:26 PM
    Add Joey Porter to that group also.

18. Daboyz36 says: Feb 3, 2010 3:35 PM

Maddog dumb comment if you watched the titans play chris johnson makes more people miss then any other running back in the league. Yes his offense line is better then the rams but he had more yards after contact then jackson did.

19. sniperhare says: Feb 3, 2010 3:35 PM

Sims-Walker and Marshall don’t seem as dumb as Johnson. And Johnson might just talk really ghetto on purpose.

20. bamgrey says: Feb 3, 2010 3:37 PM

SteelCurtnDee,jmuncy,GobiasINC_1,Tarmacian and jibfest you simpleminded northerners! Chris Johnson is from Florida,Orlando actually and that just how alot of us black guys talk down here. We say feena go to da stow ect….. we country,but I just moved back from Baltimore after two years and people up north associate us talking country with us being slow or stupid. You stuck on simplemindedness people need to travel more and realize just because we don’t talk just like you do doesn’t mean we’re unintelligent. Just because you aren’t good at sports or athletic doesn’t mean you’re physical deformed right?

21. pick six says: Feb 3, 2010 3:42 PM

Most times I find stupid people amusing, but not in the way they intended.
    This guy might have worse language skills than Marshawn Lynch, and that’s really hard to do.
    He is however, a ridiculously talented running back. He just epitomizes the term “dumb jock.”
    Unfortunately, since he loves the spotlight and cannot stop running his mouth when the mic is pointed at him, he gives the average fan the impression that all athletes are illiterate idiots. He has no idea how stupid he is or how stupid he sounds. The press needs to find a better interview. Guys like this are just noise.

22. denver_high says: Feb 3, 2010 3:48 PM

I could have sworn Chris Johnson was the second choice for the Rhodes Scholar if Myron Rolle didn’t go. As for his speech he just misremembers the right word. But let me axe you a question…does intelligence really matter for a running back? Probably not.

23. longrodvanhungendong says: Feb 3, 2010 4:09 PM

Seriously, does this guy have a caretaker? He better put his money in a trust fund.

24. SteelCurtnDee says: Feb 3, 2010 4:20 PM

lol Cheesehead, if his “quotes” were in English I’d have no problem at all reading them.
    Ite’ dpshyt?

25. SteelCurtnDee says: Feb 3, 2010 4:24 PM

Bam, good luck getting a job “just talking how you do”

26. Tiger's Wingman says: Feb 3, 2010 5:03 PM

Chris Johnson’s bank account is laughing at your attempts at humor. He may not be the best communicator, but he is set for life.
    Keep making jokes you Yankee ass clowns. Just remember, you still have to fill out TPS reports in your cubicle tomorrow.

27. stan26 says: Feb 3, 2010 5:09 PM

Is his Wonderlic score higher than Vince Young’s single digit score?

28. pick six says: Feb 3, 2010 5:19 PM

bamgrey,
    Is “country” a language skill taught in school? Let me answer for you, no sir it is not.
    Is it acceptable on any professional level other than locker rooms or street corners? Again, no.
    Is it understandable to the other 99% of the world that speaks english? No.
    Sense the pattern? No I doubt you do, but intelligent people might.

29. bamgrey says: Feb 3, 2010 5:39 PM

Where you from pick six? When I say country i’m referring to the slang down here. Instead of calling it slang some people just say he talks really country. I know you can’t be that ignorant.

30. DieHardSkinsFan21 says: Feb 3, 2010 5:42 PM

I think they said it best in The Program when they said, “when is the last time 50,000 people packed a stadium to watch a kid do a chemistry problem?”
    Who cares about Johnson’s intellect? He is a great running back and Tennessee should pay the man without him asking for it. Glad I got him as the 7th pick in fantasy.
    Good luck Chris.

31. favre uses allens mullet as handlebars says: Feb 3, 2010 10:08 PM

His mouth makes him come across as a dickmouth. Great player on the field typical young stupid mind off. Too bad he didnt have APs attitude instead of the I got a gun punkass one hes got. Probably do something stupid this offseason that will warrent a suspension. Wouldnt surprise me.

32. This is not news says: Feb 4, 2010 3:53 PM

“…we’ll let you know if he says anything noteworthy…”
    I wish there was a way to let me know when one of these articles was noteworthy instead of a bunch of BS spun apparently with the goal to generate posts.
    Damn, I fell for it again.