Saints issue Thursday injury report

According to pool reporter John Czarnecki of FOX Sports, the Saints scaled back Thursday’s practice by 20 minutes and worked mostly in shorts and shells as opposed to pads.

Saints RB Lynell Hamilton (ankle) was the only player that didn’t participate.  Coach Sean Payton says he is “hopeful” Hamilton will be available for Super Bowl XLIV.
TE Jeremy Shockey (knee, toe) did practice, though the extent of his participation is unknown.  He was likely limited, as usual.
The Saints are healthier than the Colts heading to Sunday.  Hamilton, a fourth-stringer, is New Orleans’ only player whose status is in doubt.  Two Indianapolis starters are questionable.
Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Injuries, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
12 Responses to “Saints issue Thursday injury report”
  1. drbob1117 says: Feb 4, 2010 6:55 PM

‘Coach Sean Payton says he is “hopeful” Hamilton will be available for Super Bowl XLI.’…… Super Bowl XLI was three years ago, I think Payton is hoping he’ll be ready for SB XLIV.

2. MNSportsGuy79 says: Feb 4, 2010 6:59 PM

Let’s all play a drinking game. You have to take a shot every time Shockey pretends to be injured getting up after dropping a pass…I ALWAYS LOVE THAT ONE!

3. Lurch says: Feb 4, 2010 7:10 PM

Spit on, cursed, threatened … and robbed of $50,000.
    Nice.
    And … what happens to the so-called .. “fan?” If he spits on a police officer … I think he goes to jail. Does he get a free pass if it’s a coach?

4. Rip says: Feb 4, 2010 8:00 PM

MNS – Why don’t we change the rules and take a shot every time you make a stupid post.
    We’ll be baked in an hour.

5. Bigbluefan says: Feb 4, 2010 8:00 PM

Still waiting to see shitkey melt down when he thinks he is open or when he has to go across the middle and arms vanish into his body
    Worlds shortest arms

6. Rip says: Feb 4, 2010 8:24 PM

Guess you missed that TD against the Cards, where he limped down the field for 3 plays before.
    Bigblue, you think he’ll hit the dirt rather than get hit? Like your QB? (I’m assuming by your moniker that the blue you’re a fan of is the Baltimore, er, Indianapolis Colts).

7. jrwskw says: Feb 4, 2010 9:04 PM

Thats called being smart, Rippy.

8. Jimmysmith. says: Feb 4, 2010 9:21 PM

I just had some man milk and im full now ,but I saw there is a Packer fan who stole my name ,maybe its my ex honey bob _nelson stalking me.Who ever came up with the idea of wearing cheese on your head at a football game?How gay can you get?I just took a shit and guess what,it looked and smelled better then a packer fan,I spose that is not to hard to belive.

9. Tazzard says: Feb 4, 2010 10:54 PM

Sunday Night Injury Report:
    Drew Brees, broken ankle suffered from low late cheap shot from a disgruntled Viking fan named Tazzard, LOL,GO AINT’S and just kidding. Although I am still pissed that the Vikes lost I do wish the Saints well.

10. Adam says: Feb 5, 2010 6:33 AM

This aint quite the story, but I head something interesting…
    Caldwell said that, except for Manning, the colts weren’t sharp on THur.
    Coach Payton, however, ended practice 20 minutes early because he didn’t feel that the guys needed to work anymore, that they’re ready (I think)
    IF so, major advantage to the Saints, and I root for the Colts.
    Before a big fight, I tend to pull for the guy that decides to train their asses off, then take off the day or two before the event to mae sure they’re relaxed.
    Colts run D ain’t lettin Reggie do shit. That’s all.

11. Big BrEasy says: Feb 5, 2010 8:06 AM

Jimmysmith. says:
    February 4, 2010 9:21 PM
    ————————————————–
    Looks like you are ANOTHER Queen fan who cant get over the face that we beat your ass in the NFCCG!! Your team sucks ass, get over it!

12. Rip says: Feb 5, 2010 8:42 AM

Colts run D needs 2 extra men in the box, or Thomas takes them to town.
    Of course, if they put those 2 men there, Brees takes them to town.