NFLN keeps Irvin on air for Super Bowl

Amid allegations from a woman who claims Michael Irvin raped her at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in 2007, the NFL Network announced Friday that Irvin will stay on the air for Super Bowl weekend.

The announcement came via NFL Network Total Access host Fran Charles early Friday evening.  Charles said that NFLN is “looking into” the alleged crime and civil suit, but no action will be taken by the network at this time.
Hours earlier, ESPN Radio announced that Irvin had been removed from its 103.3 affiliate in Dallas.
Permalink 46 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
46 Responses to “NFLN keeps Irvin on air for Super Bowl”
  1. SuperSkinsFan21 says: Feb 5, 2010 6:04 PM

I know this is an alleged crime, and he “supposedly” had consensual sex with this whore, but what does his wife think? I can not believe that someone like Irvin gets in the hall of fame. Drug addiction, adultery, rape, how many other felonies can we add to this list? It is sad that he has absolutely no self control, and I understand that he may not have done anything, but how about not putting yourself in this position to begin with. He is a bad example for young black children and should just disappear. I truly hope no one gives this piece of crap a tenth chance. THey should strip him of his bust in canton just based on his character.

2. RumorMongering says: Feb 5, 2010 6:11 PM

I guess NFLN will do anything to prevent Jamie Dukes getting more air time even if it means keeping accused rapists on air.

3. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Feb 5, 2010 6:12 PM

NFLN should drug test him right now and then fire him.

4. nfcbeast says: Feb 5, 2010 6:17 PM

Anyone with a felony should not be allowed to play in the NFL. What the hell are kids supposed to think when their favorite player is a criminal…..
    oh and Irvin can go do a line off of Goodells shaft i hate em both.

5. rbais2 says: Feb 5, 2010 6:17 PM

It’s actually good to hear this.
    Even tough a normal person could lose his or her job with this distraction, it is good to hear that the NFL and NFL Network will let the justice system play itself out and not take immediate action like ESPN Radio.
    However, if Irvin is found fully liable for this incident and is forced to pay up … I believe NFL Network cans him.

6. kaos006 says: Feb 5, 2010 6:18 PM

This story comes out three years later!! Something smells foul.

7. BwB says: Feb 5, 2010 6:22 PM

pipe down SuperSkinsFan21-
    75% of athletes are shitty people at heart and could care less about what the public opinion of them is. To them it is “me against the world” mentality.
    Michael Irvin got in the Hall of Fame because he was a huge talent with big numbers and multiple super bowl rings.
    BOTTOM LINE.

8. Bigbluefan says: Feb 5, 2010 6:25 PM

Just another case of the women knowing she can get cash for her ass
    Sorry but if she was really raped she would have Dr. PD not a lawyer looking for cash
    Teams should just supply the players with tail to play with so this all goes away

9. JoeyJoeJoeJr.Shabadoooo says: Feb 5, 2010 6:27 PM

i’m still amazed Irvin was not killed between 10 years ago and now. He is more than likely the type of guy to piss of the wrong kind people.

10. sequtugh says: Feb 5, 2010 6:27 PM

The guy was lucky to be employed to begin with. The number of allegations against this guy is sickening – and let’s not forget that one of those allegations was stabbing a guy in the neck with a pair of scissors. If half of what Irvin has been accused of in his life is true, he’s fortunate to not be in prison, let alone employed by ESPN/NFLN.

11. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 6:36 PM

“I know this is an alleged crime, and he “supposedly” had consensual sex with this whore, but what does his wife think?”
    What do you care?
    “It is sad that he has absolutely no self control, and I understand that he may not have done anything”
    That’s one of the stupidest things ever posted to PFT.

12. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 6:37 PM

“Anyone with a felony should not be allowed to play in the NFL.”
    Irvin hasn’t played in the NFL in over a decade. You must be an 0-3gle fan.

13. SFTitan says: Feb 5, 2010 6:39 PM

This money grubbing gold digger is trying to extort Irvin. He’s a great announcer. He was great on ESPN. I like watching him and he doesn’t need to rape anyone.
    This bish needs to be prosecuted for slander. Everyone else needs to pipe the eff down.

14. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Feb 5, 2010 6:49 PM

Irvin “is a great announcer”?

15. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 6:49 PM

You can forget the criminal part. Cops decided the day after the alleged incident that there was no evidence of a rape and the woman signed a waiver of prosecution, a legal instrument that basically states that she won’t cooperate with law enforcement if they try to build a case against Irvin anyway. In fact, because of that you can give up on any idea of the woman getting a civil judgment. She can only hope that Irvin pays her off with a settlement. There’s no evidence that a rape occurred, so good luck with that. Read the article. He said, she said.
    It was reported to Seminole police on July 20, 2007, Seminole Tribe spokesman Gary Bitner said.
    “They investigated it thoroughly,” Bitner said. “Although by that time there was no longer any forensic evidence or surveillance video.”
    In fact, I think that the fact that this Bitner guy knows so much about the “negotiations” that the “negotiations” may have been part of an official effort to find out if the lady was trying to commit extortion. Why would he be privy to supposedly private communications between the lawyer and the woman? It was either a setup or he’s believing and reporting what amounts to hearsay from the woman.

16. Quagmire says: Feb 5, 2010 6:49 PM

This turd reminds me of an old Rodney Dangerfield line:
    “These days I can only get laid because of who I am: a rapist.”

17. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 6:53 PM

“i’m still amazed Irvin was not killed between 10 years ago and now.”
    A Dallas cop did get busted trying to put a hit on him.
    A Dallas police officer subpoenaed to testify in Irvin’s drug possession trial was arrested Thursday after trying to hire a hit man to kill the Cowboy receiver, police Chief Ben Click said.
    Johnnie Hernandez, 28, a five-year veteran of the force, was arrested on a charge of solicitation of capital murder and bribery one day after he paid “several thousand dollars,” according to Click, as a down payment to an undercover agent posing as a hit man.

18. God's Own Silver and Blue says: Feb 5, 2010 7:09 PM

What is this, four separate blog entries now about somebody who hasn’t played an NFL down in over 10 years? Are y’all really THIS desperate for hits, PFT?
    I look forward to your doubtless-planned wall-to-wall coverage of Ty Cobb farting in the dugout during the 1909 American League Pennant series over on the baseball side. I’m sure if you work at it, you can stretch your coverage about his poots to a full week.

19. JayBot says: Feb 5, 2010 7:11 PM

When is the HOF going to open their new criminal wing?

20. Stetson wears panties says: Feb 5, 2010 7:18 PM

Why couldn’t this have been Deion.
    Football will improve exponentially when that overrated blow hard is off the air.

21. FootballOnly says: Feb 5, 2010 7:31 PM

HOF should have a separate category for HOC, Hall of Criminals. Irvin always has been and always will be a douche bag. You can claim he’s “innocent til proven guilty” but how many of the posters have been involved in as much trouble as Irvin……and always been so innocent? Get a life people, it doesn’t happen…….celebrities have money to get them out of their offenses.

22. C-Student says: Feb 5, 2010 7:34 PM

funny how when the sexual assault civil suit against roethlisberger came out, espn put out a gag order on its entire staff.
    irvin’s civil suit for the same crime comes out and the world wide leader has no problem reporting it and firing the man.
    what do you think the reason behind that is?

23. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 7:35 PM

“There’s two guys I can understand at all, Irvin the coke freak and the horse faced jackass, Shannon Sharp.”
    Probably not a coincidence that they’re both black.

24. ThheVet700 says: Feb 5, 2010 7:40 PM

25. hay1111 says: Feb 5, 2010 7:53 PM

…but Rush Limbaugh can’t have a minority ownership in a team

26. slipkid says: Feb 5, 2010 7:53 PM

somebody loan michael a box of kleenex…
    every time i see him he has the sniffles.
    must’a caught it from she-ho…

27. Viper21 says: Feb 5, 2010 7:54 PM

funniest thing I read on all these comments was………. “0-3gles”
    hahahahaha that’s great.

28. AllThat says: Feb 5, 2010 8:11 PM

give me those huge numbers……..3 rings because of his team….BS

29. DocBG says: Feb 5, 2010 8:15 PM

# .VoxVeritas says: February 5, 2010 7:35 PM
    Probably not a coincidence that they’re both black.
    ——————————————————
    STFU you sniviling little coward.
    Shannon Sharpe DOES have a horse face, and he talks like he’s got a good portion of Bill cower stuffed down his windpipe.
    Irvin was popped with coke, so pointing out that he’s a coke freak doesnt have a f-ing thing to do with the fact that he’s black.
    quit covering up peoples mistakes because they are of a certain race you miserable little troll.
    Get off the race card, but not your midol you douche.

30. AllThat says: Feb 5, 2010 8:18 PM

Yo Vocks Sucker: Giggity giggity

31. AllThat says: Feb 5, 2010 8:49 PM

thx Florio ….no more posts eh. asswipe

32. SuperSkinsFan21 says: Feb 5, 2010 9:07 PM

All I was saying Vox whatever the hell your name is, is simply that Irvin has no accountability, no responsibility, and no character. Yes, he WAS a great player, but there should be more to being a hall of famer than putting up stats. He should be held to a higher standard and should live as if everyone is trying to catch him doing something.
    What I meant by I wonder if his wife knows simply means that he entered into a union. One that typically involves sleeping with just one woman, YOUR WIFE you retard. Sorry I hold myself to higher standards than such a sorry human like Michael Irvin. You are just as pathetic as him seeing that you are standing up for this low-life.
    You are always looking for some racial undertone. As a black man I am honestly ashamed of black folks like yourself. Have some accountability and don’t just look the other way when another black man makes a bad decision. Do what is right instead of what is easy and maybe, just maybe you will get somewhere in life. Until then stop commenting on how someone was wronged when they should not have put themself in that position to begin with. African Americans all over the world would be in a better position without people like yourself.

33. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 9:32 PM

“Yo Vox if Charles Manson played for the Cowboys you would probably say he was just miss understood.”
    I’ve never even said that about a Cowboys player, why would I say it about Charles Manson?

34. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 9:34 PM

DocBG says:
    Looks like I struck a nerve.

35. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 9:38 PM

“All I was saying Vox whatever the hell your name is, is simply that Irvin has no accountability, no responsibility, and no character. Yes, he WAS a great player, but there should be more to being a hall of famer than putting up stats.”
    Sorry, I don’t make the rules and neither does Irvin. As far as I’m concerned the HoF Board of Selectors lowered the bar to the ground when it inducted LT. They even came out and said that off-field issues are absolutely not considered.
    “What I meant by I wonder if his wife knows simply means that he entered into a union. One that typically involves sleeping with just one woman, YOUR WIFE you retard. Sorry I hold myself to higher standards than such a sorry human like Michael Irvin.”
    Well you SAY that, anyway.
    “You are always looking for some racial undertone.”
    haha really? Do tell!
    “As a black man I am honestly ashamed of black folks like yourself.”
    I’m not black.
    “Until then stop commenting on how someone was wronged”
    I didn’t say that Irvin was wronged.
    “when they should not have put themself in that position to begin with. African Americans all over the world would be in a better position without people like yourself.”
    So what are you saying? That I should be executed? That’s mighty white of you, goober.

36. Ca_Viking says: Feb 5, 2010 10:01 PM

Then once she did, Irvin, who was about to be inducted in the HOF, makes a deal to keep her quiet.
    Then after the HOF he decides he can win the war of public relations and says “screw you.” (pun intended).

37. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 10:49 PM

“Most women don’t report the rape right away because they are ashamed. So that can account for the time.”
    haha yeah.
    “I tend believe the accusation because Irvin was arrested in a hotel room with a plate of cocaine and TWO hookers.”
    WTF THAT got to do with rape?
    “Anyone who uses hookers AND cocaine is a control freek”
    Don’t quit your day job, Sigmund.

38. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 5, 2010 10:50 PM

“Anyone who uses hookers AND cocaine is a control freek and rape is a form of control.”
    Anybody that uses hookers doesn’t need to rape anybody.
    Something to think about, eh?

39. SuperSkinsFan21 says: Feb 5, 2010 10:56 PM

Vox, not saying you should be executed. Maybe you should grow up considerably before posting on here. Maybe you should stop defending someone so blindly just because they wore a jersey of a team you like. Maybe you should stop trying to stir up controversy and just shut your mouth. I am a Redskins fan, and if a player did the things Michael Irvin has done and played for the Skins I would never in a million years defend him. For some reason you find a need to defend people who are just some of the worst people on earth. This is the last time I will respond to your comments. It is clear to me that you are a joke and should be treated as such. Maybe you and Irvin will grow up and start demanding more out of yourselves.

40. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Feb 6, 2010 5:41 AM

Vox: Your such a child, such a small minded individual.
    Any thread at all about the Cowboys, or one of it’s players, and you come running over to blindly defend them.
    Your the joke of this site, and we all know it.
    Now go back to your room, little boy.

41. TNV NF says: Feb 6, 2010 10:07 AM

This guy has to go! The league should be a positive for kids and families. Irvin has been an a#$hole for years. Get him off T.V
    TNV

42. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 6, 2010 1:02 PM

“Vox, not saying you should be executed. Maybe you should grow up considerably before posting on here.”
    Maybe you should have completed high school before posting on here.
    “Maybe you should stop defending someone so blindly just because they wore a jersey of a team you like.”
    Maybe you should stop attacking former Cowboys players just because they played for the Cowboys, Redskins fan.
    “Maybe you should stop trying to stir up controversy and just shut your mouth.”
    Maybe you should try to shut it up for me, big talker.
    “I am a Redskins fan”
    You have my sincere condolences.
    “and if a player did the things Michael Irvin has done and played for the Skins I would never in a million years defend him.”
    What’s your point? Your comments were utter shit. I mean the closest thing to real shit that I’ve ever seen on PFT. On top of that you’re a racist piece of trash as far as I’m concerned. “He is a bad example for young black children”? Really? What about young white children? Why don’t you care about them? Doesn’t surprise me coming from a fan of a team that had to be forced by the government to use black players and uses a racial epithet in it’s team name.

43. .VoxVeritas says: Feb 6, 2010 1:04 PM

Joe in Toronto:
    All you do is follow me. 95% of your posts are to or about me. It’s a good thing that slavery has been outlawed in north American because I own you and everybody knows it. Do you dream about me, too?

44. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Feb 6, 2010 4:45 PM

Hey dipshit, just check the posts and you’ll see that I always post first and you follow me.
    Your the biggest loser I’ve ever encountered anywhere, what a joke of a person you are.

45. Lott42 says: Feb 6, 2010 8:20 PM

Irvin is the DipShit! Don’t understand what anyone thinks he brings to a broadcast.
    For me, it’s just another reason to stick with ESPN for my NFL news. Used to enjoy PFT but lately there to many Cat Fights between bloggers who think their posts are meaningful.
    Give us a break!

46. reformed says: Feb 8, 2010 3:39 PM

Micheal “jive ass” irvin is a fool. Why is he about?? Is it his blackness?? Probably, but who really knows??