Chiefs waive two linebackers

The Chiefs announced Monday that they have waived two linebackers who finished the 2009 season on injured reserve.

Outside linebacker Justin Rogers, who was on and off the 53-man roster all season, is mostly a special teamer.
Inside linebacker Weston Dacus, who didn’t play a down in ’09 after being waived/injured in August, is better fit to be a backup for a 4-3 system.
The Chiefs installed a 3-4 scheme last year.
Kansas City enters the offseason with just three outside linebackers under control for 2010: Tamba Hali, Andy Studebaker, and 2009 undrafted rookie Pierre Walters.  Many of the team’s former outside ‘backers, including Demorrio Williams, were converted inside when the Chiefs switched schemes.
Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Kansas City Chiefs, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
10 Responses to “Chiefs waive two linebackers”
  1. dafish says: Feb 8, 2010 6:47 PM

Look like a couple of potential Jaguars to me.

2. cnelson13 says: Feb 8, 2010 6:51 PM

Studebaker is an exclusive-rights free agent, not under contract.

3. RP3 says: Feb 8, 2010 8:42 PM

Dafish,
    Sorry but I don’t get it? Future Jags?

4. bigdawg24 says: Feb 8, 2010 9:25 PM

Chiefs have no hope

5. dafish says: Feb 8, 2010 10:21 PM

why I say that is they are no doubt cheap labor, especially Dacus. We’re going for the NFL version of Moneyball now and in the future and we’re probably getting rid of Clint Ingram this offseason. We seem to do well with other teams’ junk.

6. kcchffan says: Feb 9, 2010 2:34 AM

Bigdawg you amaze us with your insight. What dont the Chiefs have a hope for? Please elaborate

7. Mainbucsfan says: Feb 9, 2010 6:35 AM

Hey guys, I wanted to say hi, because I just signed up. I agree with you dafish, but I think tampa is number one at being cheap and using other teams junk. It’s all because of the owners.

8. Mainbucsfan says: Feb 9, 2010 6:38 AM

9. The Real Shuxion says: Feb 9, 2010 9:13 AM

Mainbucsfan says:
    February 9, 2010 6:35 AM
    ————————————————-
    Yo, whats up.
    Some rules of commenting at PFT:
    1. You must take a steamer on whatever team is currently successful.
    2. You will do the same for teams who are no longer successful but once were.
    3. You must take a steamer on Florio every 5 posts.
    Summing it up, just take a steamer on everyone and everything.

10. adrenalineno_9 says: Mar 3, 2010 11:26 AM

Why does nobody speak of OLB Jovan Belcher for the Cheifs?? An undrafted rookie last year that came in and played really well. He played his college ball for the Maine Black Bears, same place Chargers starting underrated MLB Stephen Coopers played, same place Lofa Tutupo started his college career at. Just saying……