Henderson starts long road back

E.J. Henderson.jpgLinebacker E.J. Henderson doesn’t have much company as he shows up to the Vikings facility nearly every day this February.   While most players are getting away from the game, Henderson is back to work to rehab the gruesome fractured left femur that ended his last season.

“I tell one thing about E.J. Henderson, there is not a guy in the world
who wants to play more and come back from that injury,” said Vikings personnel man Rick
Spielman, who noted that Henderson was the first person in the building Friday.

The goal is for Henderson to start working out again in May, so the team can see where he is in his recovery.  After that injury, seeing Henderson on the field again will be a welcome sight.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
22 Responses to “Henderson starts long road back”
  1. Norseman says: Feb 15, 2010 10:21 AM

Man, I hope E.J. makes it back. He’s an outstanding player and a good team leader. Speaking strictly for myself, I’d have a harder time coming back mentally from the injury than physically. The thought of what happened and that it could happen again would freak me out.

2. slipkid says: Feb 15, 2010 10:23 AM

u mean favre isnt in there right by him, relaxing in a tub of aloe vera?

3. T. says: Feb 15, 2010 10:32 AM

I’m sure he’ll be right as rain in no time. I mean, he hangs out with his brother all the time, right?

4. halestorm74 says: Feb 15, 2010 10:38 AM

E.J. you are the QB of our defense please mend up and get back on that field laying the wood. Our defense will be scary good if our corners and safeties get on the same page

5. colonial footsoldier says: Feb 15, 2010 10:38 AM

I love E.J. heart and I love his dedication. That was one of the nastiest leg injuries I’ve seen in years. We hope to see you out there next season.
    Skol!

6. DuluthFan says: Feb 15, 2010 11:13 AM

Get better soon, EJ! The Vikings need you.

7. PurpleRaid12 says: Feb 15, 2010 11:14 AM

Awesome update. I hope he has a very productive offseason, he’s a huge part of this defense. Way to go E.J.

8. sven_ftw says: Feb 15, 2010 11:21 AM

1. DuluthFan says: February 15, 2010 11:13 AM
    Get better soon, EJ! The Vikings need you.
    ———————————–
    absolutely!
    i hope the rehab goes well.

9. MkePackFan says: Feb 15, 2010 11:29 AM

Hope the rehab goes well…it was an ugly fracture.

10. Big Stretch says: Feb 15, 2010 11:43 AM

maybe he should get the Lord Jesus Favre to lay his hands on it and make it better. Of course Favre wight miss his target and lay hands on Bryant Mckinnie’s fat drunk ass.

11. Thor_of_Valhalla says: Feb 15, 2010 12:01 PM

I wish EJ the best, but I am anxious to see if he will ever be 100% again. That was a horrendous break of the hardest bone to break in the body.

12. Hotwaggy11 says: Feb 15, 2010 12:22 PM

I think it is interesting that in the same day you have a story regarding the Saints falling beyond in prep time due to excessive celebration, but that EJ is lonely during rehab because none of his team mates are at the facility. How does this lack of focus by the rest of the Vikings not put them behind all but the Saints in 2010 prep time?

13. Percy Nugz says: Feb 15, 2010 12:22 PM

I have no idea how a post about E.J.’s road to recovery has anything to do with Brett Favre. Get a life Favre haters!

14. VikesandColts Fan says: Feb 15, 2010 1:06 PM

Hope for the best EJ. Brinkley is gonna be solid but he just isn’t ready yet, especially in pass coverage. Good luck E. J.

15. JimmySmith says: Feb 15, 2010 2:03 PM

Maybe he ought to go into his brother’s medicine cabinet to aid in his recovery, he has nothing to worry about, the MN state judges will keep the NFL at bay.

16. acme packers says: Feb 15, 2010 2:14 PM

Really hope his return is successful. Even though these guys earn more cash than most people, it’s still a shame to see a promising career end like this. I wish EJ the best and hope he performs 100%

17. TryTheVeal says: Feb 15, 2010 4:15 PM

Maybe with his heart and dedication, they should put him in the backfield, he may not gain many yards,but at least he won’t fumble every other carry,just gain 2 yards per carry til Lord Farve takes ya to the brink, gets ya thisclose, and then does what he has done about 3oo times. Seems like a plan to me.

18. footballrulz says: Feb 15, 2010 4:57 PM

After seeing that injury occur one can only admire the man’s grit and hope for a speedy, successful return to football.

19. TheHydraPart6 says: Feb 15, 2010 5:34 PM

JimmySmith says:
    February 15, 2010 2:03 PM
    ———
    well said Jimmy

20. sven_ftw says: Feb 15, 2010 5:59 PM

# TheHydraPart6 says: February 15, 2010 5:34 PM
    JimmySmith says:
    February 15, 2010 2:03 PM
    ———
    well said Jimmy
    ———————
    bunch’a bright wise guys over here. great point seeing as how his brother did his time.
    however, i will give jimmy credit for biting his tongue enough to not come off like a complete jerk in a viking’s related headline…

21. LuckyPierre says: Feb 16, 2010 10:09 PM

I don’t wish painful injury on anyone (that hasn’t ever played for Dallas), but anyone who thinks this guy would be a Pro Bowler without the D-line in front of him is INSANE! Middle linebacker behind Pat Williams, Kevin Williams and Jared Allen might be the easiest position in professional sports.

22. packers4life says: Feb 19, 2010 4:07 AM

I hate the Vikings but that was a nasty leg injury. Hope he heals quickly.