Dansby says he doesn't have a wish list

NFL_dansby_250.jpgCardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby recently identified four teams for which he’d like to play.

In 2009, he made it known that he’d really like to play for one of those four teams — the Giants.

On Monday, Dansby joined Bickley and MJ of XTRA Sports 910AM in Phoenix, and he said that he hasn’t narrowed down his list.

“To be honest let’s clear that up right now.  I don’t have a wish list,” Dansby said.  “I’m wide open, you know what I’m saying. There is just too many things out there for me to steer myself towards I just have four teams I want to go to.  I just to want to clear that up and make sure you put it out there.

“I’m clearing it up right now, I was asked about those teams,” Dansby said.  “I just commented on the defense and the personnel of the teams I was asked about.  I’ve been looking at every team and their personnel.  I think I’d look good in Indianapolis, who knows?  I can look good in any team, actually I can fit in anywhere.  And make the guys around me better, that’s the main goal to make the guys around me better, and to have success, and to try to have an opportunity to win the Super Bowl again.”

In other words, there’s only one team on Dansby’s wish list.

The highest bidder.

And that team most likely won’t be the Cardinals.  Under the CBA, the third straight use of the franchise tag would require the Cardinals to offer him a one-year guaranteed contract equal to the franchise tender for the position with the highest number.  This year, as in every year, it’s the quarterback tender of $16.4 million.

There’s no way the Cardinals pay Dansby — or anyone — more than $1 million per game.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
17 Responses to “Dansby says he doesn't have a wish list”
  1. The Genius says: Feb 16, 2010 9:36 AM

Win the Super Bowl again?
    Did I miss something?
    I thought the Cardinals lost?

2. hizzle1281 says: Feb 16, 2010 9:39 AM

“and to have success, and to try to have an opportunity to win the Super Bowl again.”
    again??

3. bub4lyfe says: Feb 16, 2010 9:53 AM

Matt Cassel was the fourth highest paid player in the league?!???

4. richturpin says: Feb 16, 2010 10:03 AM

You idiots, he’s saying he wants the opportunity to win the Super Bowl…like he had the opportunity last year…

5. VanDolPhan says: Feb 16, 2010 10:05 AM

He’s talking about having a “chance” again. Not winning again.

6. Levito says: Feb 16, 2010 10:16 AM

thanks Richturpin. There’s some real idiots here. He wants the OPPORTUNITY. So obviously he won’t be signing with the Rams or Redskins.

7. chief says: Feb 16, 2010 10:26 AM

Matt Cassell signed a 6 year contract prior to the season. He WAS NOT the 4th highest paid player in the league. That figure is based on the franchise tag that New England used to trade him.

8. AZ Red Bird says: Feb 16, 2010 10:35 AM

Dansby has been is ONLY for one thing $$$. During his stay with the Cards…look at his years where his contract was not up…his numbers are way down. He has played well during those years. As a Cards fan I clearly remember the years where he complained about his contract…avoided training camp (while under contract) because he said he had a ‘hang nail’…yes a hang nail. He avoided calls by the Cards…they finally went to his house and found him sitting there while the rest of the team was in Flagstaff at camp.
    Dude plays for one person…and once he gets his deal his play will fall off. I don’t want him back in a Cards uniform other than to be a year by year player.
    There is a reason the Cards won’t resign him…and it’s not because of talent…we KNOW that he’s going to drop off the face of the Earth once he gets paid.

9. H0KiES34 says: Feb 16, 2010 10:48 AM

the redskins are gonna get him the way they got fat albert “on the eve of march 5th” cough cough tampering

10. richturpin says: Feb 16, 2010 10:51 AM

Would be cised to see Dansby in the maroon and black!!

11. IanWhetstone says: Feb 16, 2010 11:09 AM

Dansby would not get the average of the five highest-paid players (in terms of cap number (pretty much)), he would simply get the highest franchise tag for any position. That’s the quarterback tag, at $16,405,000.
    Teh relevant language in the CBA is Article XX, Secton 2(b): Any Club that designates a player as a Franchise Player for the third time shall, on the date the third such designation is made, be deemed to have tendered the player a one-year NFL Player Contract for the greater of: (1) the average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players at the position (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) with the highest such average; (2) 120% of the average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players at the position (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) at which the player played the most games during the prior League Year; or (3) 144% of his Prior Year Salary.
    So for Dansby, that means the highest of (1) $16,405,000, (2) $11,616,000, or (3) $13,936,000.

12. GoBrowns19 says: Feb 16, 2010 12:09 PM

is psyched spelled cised or is that a new word?

13. thinkaboutit says: Feb 16, 2010 12:47 PM

The relevant language in the CBA is Article XX, Secton 2(b): Any Club that designates a player as a Franchise Player for the third time shall, on the date the third such designation is made, be deemed to have tendered the player a one-year NFL Player Contract for the greater of: (1) the average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players AT THE POSITION (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) with the highest such average; (2) 120% of the average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players AT THE POSITION (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) at which the player played the most games during the prior League Year; or (3) 144% of his Prior Year Salary.
    If the above reference from the CBA is correct, Dansby is NOT entitled to the average of the salaries for five (5) highest paid QUARTER-BACKS. If I understand the CBA clause correctly, he is entitled to the average “AT THE POSITION ” of linebacker not QUARTERBACKS. The clause is clear in stating that the salary is derived from the position and not quarterbacks or the highest paid for any position. Please clarify if I am mistaken.

14. mike_311 says: Feb 16, 2010 1:01 PM

wow, Philly sure paid a lot of money to take care of the worm problem…

15. parasonic says: Feb 16, 2010 1:50 PM

rich turpin saying cised…no way you listen to the junkies…

16. richturpin says: Feb 16, 2010 2:30 PM

‘rich turpin saying cised…no way you listen to the junkies…’
    you must not listen to them…

17. steeltownpride says: Feb 16, 2010 7:45 PM

Turpin is a DONKEY He is gay for one Eric Bickle . Rumors have it that they have had gay sex together . Its cool if thats your thang though . But come on man .