Report: Redskins interested in Leonard Little

Defensive end Leonard Little hasn’t decided yet if he’ll play in 2010.  If he does, Little won’t struggle to find a job offer as an unrestricted free agent.

Brian Stull of ESPN 101 in St. Louis reports that Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has “let it be known” he believes Little could still be very productive if used correctly.

Little has played his entire career in St. Louis, but he’s familiar with Haslett’s system after playing under him from 2006-2008.  It’s a logical fit.  Washington needs pass rushers, has money, and Mike Shanahan hasn’t shied away from picking up veteran free agents in the past.

The Rams have also let Little know they would like to keep him if he chooses to play in 2010.  It sounds like he’ll also have the option to play elsewhere.

Permalink 38 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
38 Responses to “Report: Redskins interested in Leonard Little”
  1. Ray says: Feb 16, 2010 1:11 PM

Interesting. Rams, let him go! Go after Seymour and draft Suh!!!!

2. dead money says: Feb 16, 2010 1:16 PM

Unacceptable. Piss poor human being… No thank you!

3. filthymcnasty says: Feb 16, 2010 1:16 PM

interesting. wonder if they’re eyeballing Peppers and/or Wilfork. We know Snyder lkes to make more of a splash than a cannonball. Que anti-Snyder hating talk now…

4. Common Sense says: Feb 16, 2010 1:17 PM

A logical fit for him is JAIL!

5. rasalas says: Feb 16, 2010 1:19 PM

By “used correctly,” I assume Haslett means not drunk and behind the wheel of a car.

6. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Feb 16, 2010 1:25 PM

Leonard shouldn’t be in the league

7. Poo Flinging Monkey says: Feb 16, 2010 1:25 PM

8. GoCaps8 says: Feb 16, 2010 1:26 PM

I’d prefer it if they had Little interest. The roads are dangerous enough around D.C.

9. oa316ts says: Feb 16, 2010 1:28 PM

As a person that hates the Redskins, I’d still hate to see them pick him up even though I wish only the worst for the team… there is no way he should be allowed in the league after what he has done. He never should have been allowed back after DUI Manslaughter and the suspension he got was pathetic, but he obviously didn’t get the hint after getting a DUI again 6yrs later. Terrible.

10. Cleveland Sucks aka Philly Sewer Rat says: Feb 16, 2010 1:33 PM

First,people need to get over the whole DUI thing…Move On or Move out (Len P what up!). Second, Little is a 4-3 end, how will Little fit into the 3-4 that Washington plans to employ?

11. Lombardi 6 says: Feb 16, 2010 1:38 PM

Maybe Donte Stallworth could drive him to work…no that won’t work..

12. RichieBugs83 says: Feb 16, 2010 1:38 PM

Leonard Little is the easiest person to hate in all of professional sports.

13. birdmancometh says: Feb 16, 2010 1:43 PM

“anti-Snyder hating” would actually be Snyder loving.

14. parasonic says: Feb 16, 2010 1:46 PM

dammit, I was JUST looking at espn’s article of UAs for each division and I said to myself “Oh, Leonard Little is an UA. I def don’t want him on the skins.” Then I come here and this post is in my face.

15. Bill In DC says: Feb 16, 2010 1:48 PM

I’m sorry, but isn’t the guy still under contract with the Rams until March 5th? I mean, even tho the season is over his contract runs through the end of the league year in early March, right?
    If so, doesn’t that mean that Haslett has participated in some really egregious tampering?
    Can DC for teams really start naming players under contract with other teams that they might be interested in?

16. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Feb 16, 2010 1:50 PM

wow i hate to sound like florio and this could only occur on Madden but if Seymor went to Washington u’d have a helluva D-Line

17. DeathByPurple says: Feb 16, 2010 1:54 PM

I would have thought that the Bengals would go after Little. I mean, they are adding a cell block wing to their training camp right?

18. blacktoothgrin says: Feb 16, 2010 1:57 PM

“Ray says:
    February 16, 2010 1:11 PM
    Interesting. Rams, let him go! Go after Seymour and draft Suh!!!!”
    Unless the Rams want to give up a 2011 1st round draft pick, Al ain’t letting go of Seymour. He’ll franchise him in a heartbeat before Seymour could even think of becoming a free agent.

19. heartstl says: Feb 16, 2010 1:58 PM

Haslett loves going after his old players. I wouldn’t be surprised if Claude Wroten ends up with the Redskins as well.

20. SixburghDynasty says: Feb 16, 2010 2:05 PM

Cue anti-Snyder hate talk? HAHA hey if Dano wasn’t such a joke, 31 other cities wouldn’t laugh at the Skins. Case in point wanting to sign this MURDERER who never learned his lesson.
    Keep spending that money Danny-boy, so your Redskins can win another “free agent title”

21. Fballguy says: Feb 16, 2010 2:13 PM

Git a grip dead money. Do you know the man?
    Fballguy

22. Chapnasty2 says: Feb 16, 2010 2:14 PM

I guess some things never change in Washington even with a new GM and coach. Washed up bums.

23. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Feb 16, 2010 2:24 PM

Poo Flinging Monkey says:

24. RowdeyStyle says: Feb 16, 2010 2:26 PM

Little is a worthless human being.

25. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Feb 16, 2010 2:27 PM

I would love if he got drunk and ran over the following people, repeatedly:
    Vinny Cerrato
    Carlos Rogers
    Laron Landry
    Sherman Smith
    Shaun Shankem Shuisham

26. Common Sense says: Feb 16, 2010 2:41 PM

@Cleveland Sucks aka Philly Sewer Rat says:
    “First,people need to get over the whole DUI thing…”
    Yeah tell that to the family of the person he killed.

27. DoomsDayD75 says: Feb 16, 2010 3:03 PM

Well it would make sense I guess. Shanny had a habit of signing really old defensive players and drafting terrible young ones. As a Cowboys fan I hope he continues this trend in Washington.
    I still can’t believe they didn’t even look at Russ Grimm for the job. What a bunch of retards.

28. We need linemen says: Feb 16, 2010 3:16 PM

Poo Flinging Monkey says: “Shanahan looked at the team depth chart and realized he lacks depth at murderer, so this makes a lot of sense.”
    We’ve got real depth at over-the-hill; over-paid, over-hyped, talentless and moron with some legitimate multi-threat guys like Clinton Portis. We are short at murderer though so perhaps that’s what we need to reverse our 4-12 season.
    Why bother with getting an o-line when you can sign a 36-year old speed rushing defensive end. It’s just what we need considering we only had two DE’s with double digit sacks last year.
    I simply don’t believe it. I bet half of the stories about free agents are made up by agents and journalists who know they are never going to get called on it.
    Little has had double digit sacks in “just” five of his eleven seasons and just once in the past six years. I can’t believe anyone honestly thinks he just needs to be in the right situation to regain the form he had from 2001-2003, unless that situation is free license to line-up a couple of yards offside.

29. jvahan says: Feb 16, 2010 3:54 PM

Leonard Little killed a friend of mine’s sister when he was drunk back around 1998. He and a couple other Rams were playing bartender at Adam’s Mark in downtown St. Louis. He took of and hit my friend’s sister who was downtown picking up her teenage son from a concert. He got out of his Navigator and screamed, cursed, and spit on her. He never did any time and we just looked it up he did 1000 hrs of community service. Then years later got pulled over in St. Louis again drunk. No time! The leader of Mothers Against Drunk Drivers in St. Louis approached him later to see if he would tell his story and speak out against drunk driving, he said it was too much to ask and did not want to be bothered. Also, the accident destroyed that family some of them don’t even speak.

30. Cleveland Sucks aka Philly Sewer Rat says: Feb 16, 2010 4:16 PM

jvahan – you are full of crap. if you were friends with that family you would have known his punishment, you wouldn’t have to look it up.
    Common Sense – get my the info, I’ll tell the family.
    All you people are still dwelling on this, it happened over 10 years ago, you can not change the past. Get over it already.

31. jvahan says: Feb 16, 2010 4:51 PM

Why would I lie about something like that, had to look it up because it’s been 12 years.

32. mwcarolina says: Feb 16, 2010 5:39 PM

if he cleans up, then sign him, but if not, don’t. Little has baggage and unlike others, i don’t know if he has changed. Haynesworth has and in my book calling out Zorn was the right thing because the coaches sucked as proved by the fact that Shanahan plans to actually use Malcolm Kelly.

33. Bill In DC says: Feb 16, 2010 6:03 PM

# Cleveland Sucks aka Philly Sewer Rat says: February 16, 2010 4:16 PM
    Common Sense – get my the info, I’ll tell the family.
    =====================
    Hey Clown. My brother was killed by a hit and run drunk driver 20 years ago, I haven’t ‘gotten over it already’ and don’t intend to.
    Assclown

34. slipkid says: Feb 16, 2010 6:51 PM

he basically wasnt punished. not even by stallworth-standards.
    people tend to dwell on UNPUNISHED WRONGS.
    expect for people who never were slaves having a fixation on stuff that happened over 100 years ago. and probly didnt happen to their antecedents anyway.

35. Quagmire says: Feb 16, 2010 7:17 PM

Bill In DC says:
    How soon you forget Fat Albert?
    And yes, I’d say it to his face.

36. slipkid says: Feb 16, 2010 9:15 PM

i bet leonard doesnt have the drive anymore.

37. Common Sense says: Feb 16, 2010 10:55 PM

Cleveland Sucks aka Philly Sewer Rat = DOUCHE BAG

38. Tim Couch says says: Feb 21, 2010 11:19 AM

A 35 year old scum bag. Perfect addition to this team.