Chiefs hire Trip MacCracken, Mike Clark

On the first day of a four-day period during which every team does some football business in Indianapolis, the Chiefs have taken care of some front-office business.

The Chiefs have announced that Trip MacCracken has been named the team’s Director of Football Administration.  Also, Mike Clark has been hired as the franchise’s strength and conditioning coach.

Clark has served as strength and conditioning coach in Seattle from 2004 through 2009.  He arguably took part of the fall for a couple of years of persistent injury issues, which could potentially be blamed on overall player strength and conditioning.

MacCracken spent the last 11 years with the Browns, in various roles.  He has a law degree from Duke.

And for those of you with adolescent mindsets who are curious about such matters, we’re in the process of finding out whether Trip’s real name is “Phil.”  Not because we want to cater to your adolescent mindsets, but because our own adolescent mindset made us curious, too.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Kansas City Chiefs, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
28 Responses to “Chiefs hire Trip MacCracken, Mike Clark”
  1. Colt's McCoy says: Feb 25, 2010 12:03 PM

best name ever

2. hizzle1281 says: Feb 25, 2010 12:05 PM

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!
    not

3. tinshaker says: Feb 25, 2010 12:07 PM

His name can not possibly be MacCracken….no way, I don’t believe you….
    If you have such an awful surname, why call yourself Trip?
    MC: “Hi, I’m Mike Clark.”
    TM: “Hello, Mike, I’m Trip. Trip MacCracken.”
    MC: “Funny, but seriously, what’s your name?”

4. DcNinerFan says: Feb 25, 2010 12:08 PM

Trip MacKracken. That name is on par with Lamborghini’s test driver, Max Venturi, for coolness factor.

5. tinshaker says: Feb 25, 2010 12:09 PM

His name can not possibly be MacCracken….no way, I don’t believe you….
    If you have such an awful surname, why call yourself Trip?
    MC: “Hi, I’m Mike Clark.”
    TM: “Hello, Mike, I’m Trip. Trip MacCracken.”
    MC: “Funny, but seriously, what’s your name?”

6. Citizen Strange says: Feb 25, 2010 12:10 PM

Moe: Trip MacCracken? Listen everybody a want a Trip MacCracken. Please, somebody check the men’s room to see if they can find Trip MacCracken! Let me bend over and check underneath the pool table and tell me if anybody can see Trip MacCracken!

7. superbowl says: Feb 25, 2010 12:11 PM

This is crap. The Packers were supposed to hire Trip – what the hell Thompson – pull your head out!!

8. It puts the lotion on the skin says: Feb 25, 2010 12:12 PM

Was Trip’s brother Phil not available…?

9. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Feb 25, 2010 12:16 PM

Trip MacCracken? What, was Hugh Jass already signed by another team?

10. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Feb 25, 2010 12:17 PM

So is his brother Phil still available?

11. footballguy76 says: Feb 25, 2010 12:24 PM

Release ‘The Cracken’!!!!

12. Hauschild says: Feb 25, 2010 12:29 PM

Everyone…….meet Trip and his brother Phil.

13. Count Sacula says: Feb 25, 2010 12:30 PM

Hear anything about his brother Phil?

14. TerryCousin says: Feb 25, 2010 12:36 PM

Mike Clark? What kind of ridiculous name is Mike Clark?
    Chiefs: Let’s get a new guy in here.
    Other Chiefs guy: How about Mike Clark?
    Chiefs: Which one — there are 10,000 in this phone book (points to a normal sized phone book)
    Chiefs: Just pick one.

15. Count Sacula says: Feb 25, 2010 12:37 PM

His cousin Heywood Jablowme is just as qualified as are his friends Rod Stiffington and Jack Mayhoff.

16. Count Sacula says: Feb 25, 2010 12:38 PM

Anita Massengil was his high school girlfriend.

17. Count Sacula says: Feb 25, 2010 12:39 PM

Pat McCrotch was the best man at his wedding.

18. TerryCousin says: Feb 25, 2010 12:52 PM

hey FLORIO, I really loved your work in those “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” ads in the late 1990s.
    Oh wait, that was FABIO, the international male-supermodel. You wish your name was that cool. Instead you’re stuck with…Florio.
    I like to dip my FLORIOS in milk
    There’s a giant hole in the FLORIOZONE layer
    I bet you like to visit your FLORIO-BGYN
    I’ll be back with more later. My boss is coming to my cubicle and I need to pretend to do work!

19. Setobakura says: Feb 25, 2010 12:55 PM

His nickname is Max Power. Found that name on a hairdryer.

20. jeffz303 says: Feb 25, 2010 1:33 PM

We had a whole thread on Trip (Phil) MacCracken on a Chiefs’ forum last week. Some actual names that people contributed were a water damage restoration business in Erie, PA called Peter Hardner and Son, a college teacher named Harry Dyck, a former minor league baseball announcer in K.C. named Harry Dick, a history teacher named Dick Long, a history teacher named Dave Gagai (as in gay guy), and a Chicago politician named Dick Phelan (as in failin’).
    We were hoping Alan Thicke would have had a son and named him Richard, but to our knowledge it never happened.

21. lebowski says: Feb 25, 2010 1:48 PM

I was already laughing at all the Trip MacCracken jokes, then I see the moniker ‘It puts the lotion on the skin’ and just about lost it. That just cracks me up. (Or MacCracks me up….)

22. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Feb 25, 2010 1:49 PM

jeffz303 says:
    February 25, 2010 1:33 PM
    ——————————
    Don’t forget this guy: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ColoHa20.htm

23. WTE says: Feb 25, 2010 2:11 PM

I can’t believe the Chiefsa chose Trip MacCracken over Phil McCrevice and Dick Hurtz.

24. JohnNdallas says: Feb 25, 2010 2:13 PM

And in NASCAR news Dick Trickle finished 43 rd.

25. East Bay Ray says: Feb 25, 2010 2:32 PM

They should have hired former Congressman Dick Swett.

26. CapsLockKey says: Feb 25, 2010 2:45 PM

Trip’s got nothing on the Chiefs’ starting fullback, Mike Cox.

27. Advo says: Feb 25, 2010 5:21 PM

You only have to look at the Seahawks’ awful injury history of the past few years to see how this could happen.
    When you can’t figure out exactly why this was the case, wholesale changes may be the only way to try to stop the trend.

28. franco says: Feb 26, 2010 5:31 AM

His real first name is Alan