Lewis gave Ochocinco approval for Dancing with the Stars

c. johnson.jpgChad Ochocinco is already knee-deep in preparations for ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, but said he wouldn’t have stepped forward without one important approval.

“I was nervous about it because if Coach Lew told me he didn’t want me
to do it, I would have told the people ‘No,’ ” Ochocinco told Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. “But he
knows that football is always first and I’m not going to let this hurt
my focus. He told me, ‘I think this will be good for you [physically].’ “

The Bengals said weeks ago they didn’t expect Ochocinco back in town until mid-May; the show doesn’t really change that timeline.  Ochocinco will be occupied until late May — if he makes the finals — and won’t miss any mandatory work.

Ochocinco seems like a brilliant choice for the program.  He’s a heck of a lot more entertaining than Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith.

We still can’t still can’t imagine anyone we know watching a minute of it, but football fans aren’t exactly the target demographic.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
19 Responses to “Lewis gave Ochocinco approval for Dancing with the Stars”
  1. djmoore914 says: Mar 3, 2010 11:02 AM

I can always tell when Rosenthal writes and article. He doesn’t re-read his articles before he posts them…
    “We still can’t still can’t imagine anyone….”
    Is this your job?

2. hizzle1281 says: Mar 3, 2010 11:03 AM

your point being……..

3. djmoore914 says: Mar 3, 2010 11:03 AM

I can always tell when Rosenthal writes an article. He doesn’t re-read his articles before he posts them…
    “We still can’t still can’t imagine anyone….”
    Is this your job?

4. bonafide says: Mar 3, 2010 11:10 AM

5. mann1976 says: Mar 3, 2010 11:16 AM

This dude is a marketing genius.

6. Diggs says: Mar 3, 2010 11:19 AM

I admire Ocho Cinco and his savvy business acumen especially him knowing his football career is almost over. I was even a fan of his on twitter, etc. That said, I’m over him. He doesn’t know that he is over-saturating his audience. He isn’t THAT interesting. Although he loves the spotlight, I don’t think he knows what to do with it.

7. DNich says: Mar 3, 2010 11:56 AM

Hi Gregg, my name is David. Now you know someone who is going to watch Dancing with the Stars. Besides, you know that that Chad “Big Mouth Will” Ochocinco will blab a few football-worthy tidbits… and what else is there to do this this off season besides visit this “blessed” website? (I also score points with my girlfriend :)

8. Citizen Strange says: Mar 3, 2010 11:57 AM

Of course it won’t interfere with their football focus as long as their football focus doesn’t involve winning a playoff game.
    And luckily with Ochocinco and Marvin Lewis it absolutely doesn’t.

9. SeaOtter says: Mar 3, 2010 11:58 AM

If it keeps him happy and out of trouble, then let him go to it. Better that than having him sulking through the off-season.

10. Howie Feltersnatch says: Mar 3, 2010 12:22 PM

I wonder if his Grand Finale will be the Riverdance or the Mexican Hat Dance. I’m sure someone will tell me. I don’t want to see another dance celebration from Ochocinco until he does it in the Super Bowl. And the chances of that are the same as me dating Jessica Simpson.

11. DC_Bengals_Fan says: Mar 3, 2010 12:42 PM

“We still can’t still can’t imagine anyone we know watching a minute of it”
    Hint: There’s ladies on it. And a lot of them are pretty hot. including Erin Andrews, for instance. When you turn 13, Gregg, you’re going to start caring about these things.
    Just saying, if it’s your wife’s turn to pick a show and it’s down to Dancing with the Stars or Oprah, maybe negotiate for Dancing with the Stars. It’s quite watchable.

12. The Notorious V.I.C. says: Mar 3, 2010 12:45 PM

Diggs: “I admire Ocho Cinco and his savvy business acumen”

13. CurseofBoJackson says: Mar 3, 2010 12:57 PM

Stupidest comment section I’ve seen here in a while, not surprising considering it followed the dumbest post i’ve read here in a while.

14. Apanther says: Mar 3, 2010 1:07 PM

“Uh, really? I suppose Khloe Kardashian or whatever her name is has savvy business acumen too. As well as that Jon & Kate guy.”
    The Notorius V.I.C. – like them or not, they’re all millionaires.
    I’d like to have some of that. Just like some football players take a position that is poorly paid and add personality. Ocho is making himself some serious cash. He’s actually very frugal and has done well with his salaries over the years. So, if it takes dancing to add to that. Why not. Like others said – Jerry Rice and Emmitt are boring.

15. Indyeagle says: Mar 3, 2010 1:11 PM

Gregg, if you don’t know anyone who will watch a show that 85 is on, you need to get new friends! I’ve never seen the show, but that guy is hilarious. I will watch an episode or two at least.
    Notorious, While you may not like the way Ocho or Khloe markets themselves, you have to admit that it is pretty smart. Especially in today’s society that looks up to people who show a tendency to always choose selfishness and immorality over those that do what most of us do without thinking. (Not saying 85 or Khloe are immoral, I don’t know enough about them. Just saying that we choose that way as a society when it comes to entertainment)

16. Deb says: Mar 3, 2010 1:29 PM

Well, Gregg, you know me and I watch it. Never thought I would until I did but now I do. And I enjoy it. Emmitt Smith and Warren Sapp were fantastic!!
    @bonafide … you missed Michael Irvin, Lawrence Taylor, and Jason Taylor … plus short-track speed skater Apolo Ohno, Indy racer Helio Castroneves, Olympic snowboarder Louie Vito, rodeo champ Ty Murray, boxers Floyd Mayfield and Evander Holyfield, and MMA champ Chuck Liddell. Jerry Rice and ESPN’s Kenny Mayne make regular appearances.
    So there are plenty of manly men and #85 will probably work out more muscles than he would in the weight room. And while I’m watching hunky men like Maksim, DC_Bengals_Fan is right, most of the women are barely clothed. So Gregg, you may know more DWTS fans than you think.

17. dtrance says: Mar 3, 2010 1:35 PM

Ocho is the ultimate technician when it comes to foot work. This will be right up his alley.

18. brasho says: Mar 3, 2010 1:40 PM

bonafide says:
    March 3, 2010 11:10 AM
    ________________________
    Jason Taylor
    ______________________
    I’ve never really watched the show except for when Sapp was on once or twice, forgive me, he’s my all-time favorite player, but I would consider watching Johnson because of his stupidity factor.
    I can honestly say that if it is on, and I’m not doing or watching something else, I might tune it to see what that dumbass is going to do or say.

19. .VoxVeritas says: Mar 3, 2010 2:04 PM

“Football fans might not be the target demographic, but they seem to include a football player every year. Warren Sapp, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, now Ocho Cinco… am I missing anyone?”
    Michael Irvin, Jason Taylor.