Rolle expected to visit Giants

Antrel Rolle is taking full advantage of his head start to free agency.

The latest: Rolle is expected to visit with the Giants Friday morning, assuming he doesn’t sign a contract before then.  Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes that Rolle was offered a five-year contract by the Dolphins.

Chris Mortensen is hearing that the Rolle sweepstakes will come down to the Giants and Dolphins.  (Even though the Bears were negotiating first.)

Soon-to-be former Cardinals teammate Darnell Dockett has an idea what’s going to happen.

I just talked to
Antrell Rolle
!! And I already know what’s about to happen, mann I’m
speechless I’m going to Bed. I’m done with twitter BYE!

Clearly, OCNN has a lot to teach Dockett about scoopage.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
22 Responses to “Rolle expected to visit Giants”
  1. The Devil says: Mar 4, 2010 11:24 PM

ROLLE TIDE ROLLE – screamed a once famous coach…
    What happened to that guy?

2. WilsonFisk says: Mar 4, 2010 11:27 PM

I know whats going to happen too…I will stay up all night refreshing this page hoping to see an update saying the Giants signed him/Dansby….but nothing will happen.
    I will goto work tomorrow feel like shit all day because I stayed up all night. Then I will come home and crash…wake up Saturday morning and miss all the fun.

3. dominatorchewie says: Mar 4, 2010 11:27 PM

dam i hope he sign with miami that would give them a good secordary. plus if they sign karlos dansby dam miami will have a good denfese .

4. UrEALfAKE says: Mar 4, 2010 11:28 PM

all this tells me is….
    Empire State of Mind…..

5. Stupac34 says: Mar 4, 2010 11:29 PM

You idiot. Both of those tweets are about KARLOS DANSBY!
    Forget about doing your research, this is just irresponsible reporting.
    I really hope you aren’t getting a paycheck for this.

6. bejewell says: Mar 4, 2010 11:30 PM

All those articles are about Karlos Dansby….hmmmm…i mean same old team different guy

7. Stupac34 says: Mar 4, 2010 11:32 PM

Clearly, OCNN could teach you a lot about not mixing up two players with completely different names and positions…

8. TorontoVikingsFan says: Mar 4, 2010 11:34 PM

I have refreshed like 18 times and still no new stories?

9. se18a29 says: Mar 4, 2010 11:35 PM

Signs with the Vikes… :)

10. Rag319 says: Mar 4, 2010 11:35 PM

Pretty sure that link to Mort’s twitter says Dansby.

11. BRUTUS9448 says: Mar 4, 2010 11:41 PM

that means the dolphins get him since he’s from miami and he lives there now

12. bejewell says: Mar 4, 2010 11:42 PM

All these articles are about Dansby…NOT Rolle…I’m confused…are you confused too Rosenthal?

13. Paolo says: Mar 4, 2010 11:43 PM

What happened to the Bears?

14. Frank says: Mar 4, 2010 11:45 PM

i think the dansby-earl thomas in the first round combo should have been the gung ho plan, but with miami signing dansby and no longer looking for an ilb at 12, a rolle-mcclain combo is a pretty damn good consolation prize. hopefully it’s not for 8 mil, though

15. R8ers4evr says: Mar 4, 2010 11:47 PM

hey florio,
    just wanted to say ive been visiting this site for years. like 6 years ago would sneak on here in computer class in high school. and now still visiting. (personally glad u didnt change when you went to NBC, really thought ud become more like every other football news site).. u take a lot of heat but this site is my first place i visit everyday online. got it programmed in my sprint samsung moment. and just wanted to say that u pulling an all nighter on the first night of the new season/FA is awesome. even though sum days i hate ya. u do a good job… keep it up.
    thanks.

16. kernel anders GMEN says: Mar 4, 2010 11:52 PM

improvement over CC brown big time

17. Gregg Rosenthal says: Mar 5, 2010 12:00 AM

Scroll down the page fellas on that link. Rolle content in the middle. Thanks for staying up with us.

18. .VoxVeritas says: Mar 5, 2010 1:09 AM

You’re always so nice, Gregg. Let me buy you a beer when you turn 21. Until then, the Shirley Temples are on me if you ever make it to the third coast.

19. NYG27343856869007 says: Mar 5, 2010 5:27 AM

Giants need a freakin LB before anything else. We haven’t had a solid LB since Armstead.

20. Adam says: Mar 5, 2010 5:49 AM

Ok, that’s it. I declare WAR on Miami. They get to Dansby before the Giants. Now they wanna try to move in on Rolle (whom I know nothing about cept he’s good)??!??! THIS IS INTER CONFERENCE WAR!
    If Giants don’t get Dansby, they gonna have to make sure they get McClain.
    Very glad the G-Men can get quality S in free agent.

21. NYG27343856869007 says: Mar 5, 2010 7:31 AM

Giants feel Dansby’s 3-4 style won’t work well with Giants’ 4-3 D – I call that BS!
    I want Dansby!!!!

22. mwcarolina says: Mar 5, 2010 8:58 AM

i hope Rolle comes to Washington, we need a safety, but we can’t use a pick in the draft because of our poor offense, so i think Rolle should be the only big name free agent signing we sign.