Rosenhaus confirms that Bengals are interested in T.O.

NFL_owens3.jpgOn Friday morning, we reported that two teams are interested in receiver Terrell Owens.

Later in the day, Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com reported that one of them is the Bengals.

In a Friday night appearance with Bryan McGovern and Gil Brandt of Sirius NFL Radio, agent Drew Rosenhaus confirmed that the Bengals are interested in Owens.

“Right now I would say that everyone knows that the Cincinnati Bengals have expressed some interest in Terrell and they have spoken with him and myself,” Rosenhaus said.  “Where we go from here I’m not sure but I think it’s at least a positive dialogue.   And we represent another great receiver on Cincinnati in Chad Ochocinco who would love to have number 81 as his teammate.   And we’ll just see how that plays out.  But certainly that’s something that is a possibility.  I guess that’s about the most I can say right now.”

For now, it could be that the Bengals are the only team interested in Owens.  Though we don’t know the second of the two teams that were interested as of Friday morning, we assume that the Ravens expressed interest in T.O. in the event they swung and missed on Anquan Boldin and Kevin Walter.  Now that Boldin is in Baltimore, T.O. probably has fallen off their radar screen.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
31 Responses to “Rosenhaus confirms that Bengals are interested in T.O.”
  1. drumbug71 says: Mar 6, 2010 11:20 AM

2. flavordave says: Mar 6, 2010 11:25 AM

The Owens and Ocho show. Bring your popcorn.

3. SeaOtter says: Mar 6, 2010 11:27 AM

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I always find Drew Rosenhaus to be highly credible. He never delivers spin and outright lies on behalf of his clients in order to generate some cash. He has WAY too much integrity for that…

4. DrtyBrd84 says: Mar 6, 2010 11:28 AM

I think Carson Palmer just got a stomach ache after hearing this. How did the Laveranues Coles (32) work out for them last year? I can’t imagine T.O. having much more of an impact especially with his down-field playmaking abilities diminishing at a rapid pace. But hey, you can’t blame them for wanting to create a buzz around the team with the 2 most flamboyant receivers in the league being paired up. They should go with the “All 30 Something Receiving Corps” and re-sign Coles and then reel in Torry Holt. Now that would create some unique marketing strategies.

5. Poo Flinging Monkey says: Mar 6, 2010 11:35 AM

“drumbug71 says: March 6, 2010 11:20 AM
    This would be awesome for the Steelers. Boldin in Baltimore, TO in Cincy, and then the Browns should make a move for Marshall. Get each division rival a(nother) diva WR that will destroy the locker room and be a huge diversion. I love it.”
    I doubt that the Ravens, Bengals or Browns will have the sort of diversion that comes from their QB being accused of rape… twice.
    I wonder what Big Ben’s inability to stop raping women will do to Steelers team chemistry?

6. CT Pats Fan says: Mar 6, 2010 11:41 AM

I’m bounce back and forth between “this would be a disaster” and “this would be great” for the Bengals.
    Talk about the team of 2nd/3rd chances, and they seemed to work out last year (example: Cedric Benson). A team full of ego’s played really well together. How did they keep it all together?
    For once, TO wouldn’t be the biggest personality on the team, but when is he going to start thinking ‘legacy’ (I suppose he could just blame McNabb for not having a SB ring?)
    What the heck – go for it Cincy, what have you got to lose?

7. rich in cincy says: Mar 6, 2010 11:41 AM

Don’t worry drumbug71 – Big Ben is taking care of the Steelers diversions……how about getting suspended for a year….how would that help.
    Bengals: sign T.O.
    Ben: leave the ladies alone man!!!!!

8. bjkreezy says: Mar 6, 2010 11:41 AM

T.O. & Esteban would be awesome to see!!! I’m not a Bengals fan but I am a Ochocinco fan and I have to say that I’m pulling for the Bengals to make it happen!!!

9. pramis123 says: Mar 6, 2010 11:45 AM

Miami???

10. SoCalSean says: Mar 6, 2010 11:46 AM

Too bad Palmer is completely over-rated and will be hurt by week 2

11. RayDaMayor says: Mar 6, 2010 11:48 AM

the fact that the Bengals already deal with Ouch-O and now think added Turd-O to that mix is all one needs to know…..Bengals are going nowhere.

12. wwwmattcom says: Mar 6, 2010 11:48 AM

TO didn’t disrupt the Bills locker room and he had a career worst year.
    Maybe look for your team to get better instead of praying for other teams to get worse. Sounds like the Steelers aren’t making you happy this off season, is Ben in jail yet?

13. ahajha says: Mar 6, 2010 11:54 AM

The squealers had a hard enough time last year with CLE, CIN, OAK and KC… I love it.
    Cant wait til Ben and Whines Ward start cat-fighting again

14. colenutt3 says: Mar 6, 2010 11:55 AM

First off Boldin is a great locker room leader. And 2 steelers should worry about Big Ben and his issues. Can’t wait to see Boldin kill it.

15. nflisking says: Mar 6, 2010 12:00 PM

Only the Bungals! TO and Ocho together? Will we EVER see a glimpse of smarts with this idiot franchise?

16. djlb says: Mar 6, 2010 12:01 PM

It is frustrating a Bengals fan but in Response to the Steelers Fan. It looks like the Steelers have their own problems with Roethlisberger.

17. wwwmattcom says: Mar 6, 2010 12:09 PM

TO’s only problem is he doesn’t defend a poorly thrown ball.
    When he gets teh BALL, things happen. I wasn’t a TO fan but when I saw him run a reverse for a touchdown, wow, I was impressed.
    This guy can really open it up and turn it on. Cincy, get excited, unless you have no O-Line or defense. (Injured)

18. ahajha says: Mar 6, 2010 12:17 PM

# djlb says: March 6, 2010 12:01 PM
    That plus the fact they cant beat any sub-.500 teams

19. Hal says: Mar 6, 2010 12:20 PM

The only thing keeping the Bengals from being a viable threat to running the table again is a depleted receiving corps. They swung and missed with Coles but have moved on; TO cannot be worse and the team leaders like Whitworth and Peko won’t have any issues controlling him. My question, if the price is right, why not take a chance. In an uncapped year you cut him if he causes any problems.

20. nflisking says: Mar 6, 2010 12:30 PM

You’re absolutely right djlb
    The steeler fans can never bring themselves to admit anything bad about their team – they’re the ultimate homers (see Holmes, the fat boy Roethlisberger, Porter…)

21. bengals7833 says: Mar 6, 2010 12:34 PM

thats hilarious steelers fan. atleat the other teams in the division dont have a rapist for a qb

22. danlinker says: Mar 6, 2010 12:43 PM

Naturally florio writes this. He is as much of a prima donna as TO or Ocho. Just without any talent of any kind.

23. Buffalo Hogan says: Mar 6, 2010 12:47 PM

I love steeler fan worrying about DIVA WR’s disrupting the locker room…
    Because ROTHELISRAPER is no distraction…Whats next? Big Ben rapes Suzy Kolber at half time???
    I can see it now…”Suzy, i dont care whats going on on the field, I wanna kiss you.”

24. 7370355q says: Mar 6, 2010 1:08 PM

@drumbug71 How would it be good for the steelers? Unless you don’t know, boldin’s play fits the persona as a raven and he takes pressure off of mason to not draw double teams, and boldin despite his confrontation with haley is characterized as a great locker room guy. T.O. would sign to a honeymoon contract (1 year) and would not have the time to fill the lockerroom with distractions. You’re just pointing out nonexistent problems with other teams because you can’t realize the problems the steelers have with ben roethlisberger and the distractions it will bring to the steelers, along with a possible suspension. Think before you type, you know how to think right?

25. phillyeagleschamps says: Mar 6, 2010 1:08 PM

TO=Trouble Oncoming

26. Dareds35 says: Mar 6, 2010 2:13 PM

Hey drumbug…. not like a sexual assult from Big Ben, AGAIN, dosen’t hurt things either. I guess he should have worn that helmet after all.

27. DocBG says: Mar 6, 2010 2:39 PM

# drumbug71 says: March 6, 2010 11:20 AM
    ——————————————————
    Yes, now only if their quaterbacks went out raping folks everywhere they went, it would be perfect wouldn’t it? pass the koolaid please.

28. normcfh says: Mar 6, 2010 3:19 PM

With a one year deal, the Bengals can cut Owens the second he becomes a problem. He hasn’t been a problem during year 1 for any of the teams he’s played for regardless.

29. silverreign says: Mar 6, 2010 3:40 PM

leave the steelers fans alone. they are poor and uneducated. don’t you kinda feel sorry for them?

30. BENGALFL says: Mar 6, 2010 4:25 PM

I am sick and tired of the Bengals looking like a state prison work release progam!
    I don’t believe in winning at all costs.
    If T.O. comes to the Bengals….I am gone as a fan.
    I have been a fan since they started. I attended many games in Nippert stadium. I have endured all the losses and a cheap owner whose head looks like half an axx!!!
    But, this team just gets harder and harder to follow. If they bring in T.O…….I’m “T”aking “O”ff!!!!!!!!!!

31. Hal says: Mar 7, 2010 8:13 AM

Just curious, what crime did TO commit again? He is just a prima donna athlete that loves him some him, not a member of a work release program. Be careful what bandwagon you jump on next because the Bengal’s roster is factually much better off when it comes to former criminals than most think and more clean than most other rosters. Not the NFL player’s job to serve as role models for our kids…