Dez Bryant won't work out at Oklahoma State Pro Day

Multiple league sources tell us that receiver Dez Bryant has advised the NFL’s 32 teams that he won’t be working out at the school’s March 10 Pro Day.

Instead, he’ll hold a separate workout on March 25.

Bryant also did not work out at the Scouting Combine.

Regarded as a high-end receiving talent, many concerns have emerged regarding Bryant’s off-field habits.  Given reports that he showed up late both for practices and games, we suspect that some will believe he needs the extra 15 days to get in shape.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
23 Responses to “Dez Bryant won't work out at Oklahoma State Pro Day”
  1. onesweetworld says: Mar 8, 2010 6:15 PM

Hopefully he stops giving interviews too so his draft stock stops falling

2. TeHDruiD says: Mar 8, 2010 6:18 PM

“Or maybe they’re still telling him that his workout is March 10 and assuming that he’ll show up for it on the 25th.”
    LMAO Florio, that was great – I about spit pop all over my monitor when I read that

3. jallen69 says: Mar 8, 2010 6:21 PM

God, another pampered NFL WR in the making

4. chipwade says: Mar 8, 2010 6:27 PM

Boy you would think that these guys could get their sch-tuff together enough to make millions of dollars. Even if they don’t pan out. A little bit of hard work could essentially win you a lotteries worth of money. Unbelievable I tell ya.

5. jd713 says: Mar 8, 2010 6:31 PM

use a no 1 on this guy? no thanks . If my team needed a WR that bad i would just sign a proven thing like one of the restricted guy’s like austin, jackson or marshall.

6. DB26 says: Mar 8, 2010 6:32 PM

LOL, Florio, for the 1st time, you made me chuckle….. Must be trying to make yourself feel better about Dixon being the Steelers starter this year…. Big Ben Rapistberger in orange? Who’d a thunk it?

7. Youngone says: Mar 8, 2010 6:32 PM

Buyer beware on this one. I bet he is out of shape.

8. funi says: Mar 8, 2010 6:48 PM

If he is involved with Dieon Sanders, beware! He might try to kill himself be drivign off a 3 ft cliff and say he found God!

9. gopher says: Mar 8, 2010 6:48 PM

Whenever he is ready the Raiders will sign him for big bucks.

10. Calir says: Mar 8, 2010 6:56 PM

I guess he went to the “Andre Smith Draft Prep Instructional Camp”

11. Roger the Dodger says: Mar 8, 2010 6:57 PM

Ya know, if I were an NFL GM, I’d tell his agent to have Bryant show up, on time, at the OSU pro day… or I guess I won’t be drafting his sorry ass.
    Get, say, 15 or 20 GMs with the balls to tell that to some of these divas, and maybe this crap will stop.

12. JP says: Mar 8, 2010 7:14 PM

Best WR in this year’s draft (once one factors in dependability, maturity, etc.) is going to be Aurelius Benn out of Illinois. That’s not to say Bryant might not have a good year or two, and *may* (emphasize may) outperform Benn as rookies. But either his laziness or else a run-in with the law will lead to a much shortened period of productivity for Bryant.
    5 years down the road, the team that takes Benn in the first round will be much happier looking back than the team that takes Bryant. Mark it down.

13. brasho says: Mar 8, 2010 7:20 PM

Don’t forget, Bryant also blamed the NCAA for his problems, never took responsibility for wrong-doing, for lying, and then responding by saying it wasn’t a big deal and then saying derogatory things about how the NCAA was being stupid. Before all that, he signed with Eugene “Hold’Em Out” Parker, is very close with Deion “Pay the Man” Sanders, he’s an idiot. I don’t know how many more warning signs you could have on a guy.
    As I have been saying forever, this guy is the next WR Super Diva.

14. divine says: Mar 8, 2010 7:23 PM

LoL! OMG! Finally Florio says something hilarious! LoL! I loved that last hit below the belt about he’ll think its the 10th and show up on the 25th! LoL

15. supadupafly says: Mar 8, 2010 7:26 PM

Florio you are a funny mother F’r . That last line was great dude.

16. Brewster says: Mar 8, 2010 7:44 PM

If these allegations are even partially true how could McDaniels/Bowlen & the Broncos even consider drafting this guy to replace Brandon Marshall?
    They’ve been talking for a year( when it suits their purpose) about drafting “character guys”, so replacing Marshall with Bryant who most draft experts have going to Denver with their 1st round pick should be out of the question. Unless of course they’re talking out of both sides of their mouth.

17. ThrowingIntoTraffic says: Mar 8, 2010 7:58 PM

So I know that the knee jerk reaction is that this guy is a diva and a problem and a head case, but a thought…
    Maybe he doesn’t want to work out at OSU pro day because he doesn’t want the program to benefit from the draft buzz he’s creating. Right or wrong (and while I do think he should have been punished, I also think that the NCAA was too quick to punish too harshly), he has a right to decide not to give any more benefit to a school and system that didn’t support him when things got rough, and instead give himself what he feels is the best opportunity to benefit as an individual from his workouts.
    Again, I don’t like receiver divas either, but there are some situations (probably more than we realize) in which an individual workout greatly benefits a draft prospect.

18. SeantheFinFan says: Mar 8, 2010 8:02 PM

“Or maybe they’re still telling him that his workout is March 10 and assuming that he’ll show up for it on the 25th. ”
    LMFAO Florio

19. gopokes says: Mar 8, 2010 9:36 PM

“Right or wrong (and while I do think he should have been punished, I also think that the NCAA was too quick to punish too harshly), he has a right to decide not to give any more benefit to a school and system that didn’t support him when things got rough, and instead give himself what he feels is the best opportunity to benefit as an individual from his workouts.”
    Is this real life? I love all these outsiders talking about Dez and his relationship with OSU like you know a damn thing. OSU has always supported Dez. We love him and he loves us. You outsiders try to create drama where there is none. That yahoo article was bullcrap as anyone associated with the OSU program knows and now you guys who know nothing about Dez and our school except that he’s your little flavor of the week are trying to talk like you know something? Please. Listen to those of us who have known who Dez was for three years and actually paid attention to him and our program before you go around believing everything you read and spouting false information. Only an idiot would believe that yahoo article about Dez being late for games. What a joke.

20. FumbleNuts says: Mar 8, 2010 10:51 PM

This guy has BUST written all over him!

21. aikman8 says: Mar 9, 2010 1:20 AM

he doesn’t have BUST written all over him … he has DIVA all over him. good player, short shelf life. sooooooooo tired of these guys, my interest in the nfl is waning … you listening roger?

22. Adam says: Mar 9, 2010 2:44 AM

Think he’lll drop to the late first or early second? I really want Jets to get Golden Gate, but if not, take Dez. Sweet.

23. fin4life says: Mar 9, 2010 6:02 AM

@gopokes real name is Dez Bryant… you heard it here first!