T.O. moves on from Bengals

If the decision of the Bengals to sign receiver Antonio Bryant to a four-year, $28 million left any doubt regarding the potential pursuit of T.O., there should now be none.

Owens made it clear on his Twitter page that he won’t be a Bengal.

“I’m en route back to LA imagining what we could have done together,” Owens says in a message directed at receiver Chad Ochocinco.  “You talk about unstoppable!”

Owens also thanked owner Mike Brown and the team’s coaching staff for the visit and “the possible opportunity” to play with Carson Palmer and Ochocinco.

So what’s next for Owens?  The Bengals and the Ravens are believed to be the only two teams who were interested.  If the Seahawks don’t get Brandon Marshall, maybe coach Pete Carroll decides to get into the mix.

Regardless, history tells us that someone will eventually rise up and give Owens yet another shot.

Permalink 62 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
62 Responses to “T.O. moves on from Bengals”
  1. BonnieD says: Mar 10, 2010 6:41 PM

As a Bengal fan, I am feeling sick right now at the possibility of TO playing for the Ravens. We should have signed him.

2. Irish Phin Fan says: Mar 10, 2010 6:43 PM

As long as it is not Miami!

3. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Mar 10, 2010 6:44 PM

Introducing your newest member of the Washington Dan Snyders: T.O.

4. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Mar 10, 2010 6:44 PM

i bet T.O. feels like a jilted lover right now

5. BaltimoreSports says: Mar 10, 2010 6:48 PM

Rams, Lions, Raiders, Browns. Welcome to the bottom of the barrel.
    You should have signed with Bmore in 2004 douche.

6. this class sucks says: Mar 10, 2010 6:48 PM

49ers would be a good fit.

7. shinsnake says: Mar 10, 2010 6:49 PM

8. SomeGuyInIowa says: Mar 10, 2010 6:49 PM

Am I feeling desperate if I want my team to pursue TO? Miami has a lot of good #2s but not that end all #1 guy…but it’s still 36 year old TO who already has some negative history with Parcells who really didn’t want him in Dallas to begin with. So has anyone found that tree that all of the big time WRs come from?

9. FireJerryJones says: Mar 10, 2010 6:50 PM

Raiders, Redskins, Bears, Patriots, Panthers, Rams and Seahawks need a WR.

10. Dixon29 says: Mar 10, 2010 6:50 PM

Sad. You put him in a winning environment and he could shine.
    He is probably the most physically gifted wide receiver ever. If he had the work ethic of Rice he would own every record there is.

11. hizzle1281 says: Mar 10, 2010 6:50 PM

Chiefs GET HIM!!!!

12. nfcbeast says: Mar 10, 2010 6:51 PM

HAHAHAHA i hope TO has a really hard time finding a team…
    Maybe he’ll end his career where he began-back in San Fran-fruitcakeville

13. Cincinnasty says: Mar 10, 2010 6:53 PM

This ruined my day..

14. Biff says: Mar 10, 2010 6:54 PM

Come back to the 49ers. Singeltary could use him to play opposite Crabtree and help mentor him. Start and end your career in Red and Gold.

15. downwithdansnyder says: Mar 10, 2010 6:54 PM

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I hope the ‘Skins sign him. Give him a two year deal, and cut him after one if need be, and maybe have a real #1 while the younger guys continue to develope. Shanny can handle him and Jason “no one wants me” Campbell will look pretty good with T.O. on the outside.

16. axeman54jt says: Mar 10, 2010 6:55 PM

look where your antics got you know T.O.

17. GurpBadesha says: Mar 10, 2010 6:57 PM

hahaha, YES he cant find a team! in your face Raj Gill!
    Giants should say they are interested in him, let him come out to the meadowlands and then tell him to screw off!

18. Ralph Gre Nader says: Mar 10, 2010 6:59 PM

Maybe he lands on the same team as Derek Anderson and together they can complete zero passes while at the same time both of them and neither of them will be at fault.

19. goetta-head says: Mar 10, 2010 7:02 PM

Should have been Boldin or Marshall anyway.
    I hope Bryant puts up.

20. Laxer37 says: Mar 10, 2010 7:02 PM

So he basically flew accross the country for a free dinner and a guided tour of Paul Brown Stadium.

21. tv says: Mar 10, 2010 7:06 PM

I think there is an opening at the local sewage treatment facility. I think he would fit right in there.

22. murda101 says: Mar 10, 2010 7:08 PM

The Jets should try and get him

23. Cincinnasty says: Mar 10, 2010 7:18 PM

This ruined my day..

24. Ralph Gre Nader says: Mar 10, 2010 7:21 PM

@murda1
    too bad the jets met their quota for receivers that can’t receive last year. At least Braylon is a young receiver with the droppsies.

25. Ravens Macg says: Mar 10, 2010 7:25 PM

I hope this locker room cancer doesn’t get any offers!!!!!

26. mnmaverick says: Mar 10, 2010 7:25 PM

The poor Bengals, they could have had two headcases, but now they’re stuck with one.

27. DolfanBlk says: Mar 10, 2010 7:27 PM

parcells bring on T.O. HE’LL SELL TICKETS AND HE’LL SHOW TED GINN AND THE TED GINN FAMILY HOW TO CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!

28. steveinohio says: Mar 10, 2010 7:32 PM

UFL bound, baby.

29. Marc F says: Mar 10, 2010 7:33 PM

the raiders are always looking for someone to take out the garbage…
    even better send him to Arizona. since they lost boldin. he’d get to put another team notch on his list of teams he ruined.

30. chiefysneekz says: Mar 10, 2010 7:33 PM

the seahawks do NOT want TO.

31. Bird Man says: Mar 10, 2010 7:52 PM

Unstoppable? Poor bastard doesn’t even realize how irrelevant he’s become.

32. Vox's Mommy says: Mar 10, 2010 7:53 PM

I don’t care about this situation either way….but the fact that I see so many losers on this site reveling in someone elses misfortune is pathetic….dispicable….sad…unfortunate….disheartening…and a few other things that I will withhold at the moment. Oh wait…I forgot the commenting community here at PFT were all perfect!! LMAO…get a life kiddies.

33. skyrider says: Mar 10, 2010 7:55 PM

As a Bucs fan I would welcome T.O. He’s a polished receiver and we have none. They could learn a lot from him (the good and bad). I say bring him to Tampa Bay!

34. FrankfordYellowJackets says: Mar 10, 2010 7:55 PM

Wouldn’t it be something to see T.O. and Jeff Garcia back together with the 49ers.

35. geaux says: Mar 10, 2010 8:02 PM

I think Cincy made a mistake there. When TO has a top WR next to him that he likes, like Ochocinco, he is money.
    Cincy should have taken a shot. It’s not as if they don’t have a history of signing problem players, so if that’s their excuse…what hypocrites.

36. paynskii says: Mar 10, 2010 8:02 PM

Lions might be on the bottom now. Watch out. Thank God he did not even give them a call!!!!!!!!

37. BonnieD says: Mar 10, 2010 8:14 PM

TO will get a contract from someone this year. I wish it had been the Bengals.

38. the_good_doc says: Mar 10, 2010 8:19 PM

the haters just blow my mind. if you don’t like him, you don’t like him… but don’t say that he doesn’t have the ability to be productive in this league. he still strikes fear in most of, if not all of the db’s and D coordinators that he faces. everybody has one trump card example for him getting shut down this year… Revis… fine. so he got shut down (just as everybody else did), but you have to give the man credit for being a physical specimen who still knows how to play football at a very high level. to reach 200 yards even just once on a buffalo team with no consistent qb play, inconsistent coaching and a sieve like OLine is simply amazing! you’d be crazy to want him on another team within your division. i’d like to see him succeed somewhere in 2010!

39. BEAR-A-HOLIC says: Mar 10, 2010 8:25 PM

Hold it, hold it….Cincy has a football team ???

40. Little Tommy says: Mar 10, 2010 8:26 PM

He’s a head case. He needs to end up with the Raiders. They deserve each other.

41. DOC1970 says: Mar 10, 2010 8:40 PM

Dixon29 says:
    March 10, 2010 6:50 PM
    Sad. You put him in a winning environment and he could shine.
    ————————————————————————————-
    Physically gifted Yes, but no where near the Hands to be anything close to Rice and Rice was the best route runner ever.

42. jkr says: Mar 10, 2010 8:42 PM

I guess my raiders couldn’t use Owens. WTF! we are the worst franchise in football I guess we didn’t need Boldin either I hate being a raider fan but it’s too late for me I’m 33 so all you youngsters out there run away from this franchise and be a fan of anyone but them.

43. eaglemafia says: Mar 10, 2010 8:42 PM

What if the 49ers signed him and then traded the eagles for mcnabb? That would be a little weird, but very smart.

44. chicagosundevil says: Mar 10, 2010 8:45 PM

Bonnie D, please do NOT post any more. IF you feel the need, slowly put the keyboard down and refuse to give in to your urge. Your first post says it all.
    And before you respond, please re-read the first paragraph.
    Thank you.

45. Calir says: Mar 10, 2010 8:47 PM

Too bad, owens really wanted to throw Palmer under the bus.

46. JaggedMark says: Mar 10, 2010 8:49 PM

The Redskins will bail him out.

47. nagurski_T_form says: Mar 10, 2010 9:02 PM

This past season, T.O. showed that he still has elite speed on like a 29 yard end-around run that went for a TD. Dude can still ball when he tries.
    Unfortunately he doesn’t always try, and he doesn’t sell his body out to catch footballs, which is what real NFL receivers do.
    Sorry T.O. but you didn’t give 100% on every play…teams saw that from your 2009 film, and they don’t want that on the field.

48. G-MEN TO THE SB says: Mar 10, 2010 9:07 PM

the bears should and probably will sign him

49. j-wil says: Mar 10, 2010 9:12 PM

we need a WR on my flag football adult league team, hit me up TO

50. JoeyJoeJoeJr.Shabadoooo says: Mar 10, 2010 9:18 PM

too bad. i’m sure those two would have loved to work out naked together. not gay at all.

51. scrapdawg12 says: Mar 10, 2010 9:21 PM

come back to Philly! We need some swagger

52. mwcarolina says: Mar 10, 2010 11:07 PM

“Raiders, Redskins, Bears, Patriots, Panthers, Rams and Seahawks need a WR”
    First off, the Redskins do NOT need a reciever, Antonio Bryant was a want, they don’t want Owens, they KNOW his past. With that said, the Patroits, Seahawks and Bears all could be in the mix for Owens.

53. DieHardSkinsFan21 says: Mar 10, 2010 11:21 PM

Just think if this man had learned to just keep his mouth shut and play the game? What could he have done? Goes to show young kinds that running your mouth can cost you a bunch of money in the long run. He very well may have broken some truly unbreakable records if only he learned to just shut his mouth and play football. WHAH WHAH WHAH gets you nowhere.

54. www.bawlbuster.com says: Mar 10, 2010 11:42 PM

Poor Old T-O-skie……When you burn bridges and your more interested in wearing fur coats on the runway, and having a reality show and calling every quarterback pathetic that you played with then this shouldn’t be a surprise.
    Just retire you bozo and move on like Rodman did.

55. Adam says: Mar 11, 2010 3:26 AM

Raiders, Redskins, Bears, Patriots, Panthers, Rams and Seahawks, Jags, Lions, Kansas, DOLPHINS

56. jungleman53 says: Mar 11, 2010 5:23 AM

@BEAR-A-HOLIC
    Cincy sure does have a football team. They beat the Bears 45-10.

57. Michael LaRocca says: Mar 11, 2010 6:07 AM

Does T.O. drop the ball enough to play for Jacksonville yet?

58. shaunypoo says: Mar 11, 2010 7:03 AM

BEAR-A-HOLIC says:
    March 10, 2010 8:25 PM
    Hold it, hold it….Cincy has a football team ???
    If I were you, I wouldn’t want to remember that game either.
    I think they should still sign TO to a 1-2 year deal on the cheap if they can. I don’t like him, but that would be one dangerous offense if Palmer could get the ball to someone.

59. jefbob says: Mar 11, 2010 8:19 AM

“Hell, if I’m the Bengals and no one signs the guy and he will accept a couple million for a single year, I sign him too. It’s not like Caldwell and Cosby where exactly lights out towards the end of the season.”
    -My thoughts exactly. If no one else signs him, offer him 1 – 2 million. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is Mikey Boy’s plan.

60. tigeralum99 says: Mar 11, 2010 8:44 AM

I dont get why people are upset that we signed Bryant over T.O.
    AB gives us more than a one year deal and the less liklihood of a meltdown week to week.
    And the guys like Caldwell, Purify and Cosby and dare I say it… Simpson, can fight for #3 and #4.
    If They signed TO they get a one year band-aid and have to bank on getting a stud in the draft…
    I like the move…Now Get Bobbie and Roy Williams signed and Free Agency will be a success in my opinion.

61. overkil2 says: Mar 11, 2010 9:19 AM

I have a strange feeling that he’ll end up in Miami on the cheap. I know the issues with him and Parcels, but if no one wants him and the Fins do desperately need a good veteran receiver.
    They should at least consider signing him to a 1 year deal.

62. TX49er says: Mar 11, 2010 10:46 AM

Biff says:
    March 10, 2010 6:54 PM
    Awesome joke! Biff we do not want him anywhere near Crabtree. He already started off on the diva end with that dumb holdout last year so we dont need the queen diva to mentor him. Crabtree showed enough without any direct mentoring plus if the niners want a mentor for him im sure the front office has Rice on speed dial.