Vick says he "can't be disgruntled"

With Eagles quarterback Mike Vick on the set of Spike TV’s Pros vs. Joes and FOX’s Jay Glazer serving as one of the hosts, Glazer took advantage of the obvious opportunity to double dip.

He interviewed Vick, who talked about the fact that he’s apparently going to be stuck in Philly for another season.

“If I’m in the same situation, I’ll just have to suck it up and go out
and play and listen to what [coach] Andy [Reid] wants me to do
and understand I’m there to play a certain role to try to help the
Eagles win a Super Bowl,” Vick told Glazer.  “I can’t be a disgruntled
employee
, because that’s not who I am.

“The only thing I could do is express my concerns and let them know
where I want to be, and they know I want to be behind center.  I just
have to let it all play out.”

So he has “concerns,” but if his concerns aren’t addressed, he won’t be disgruntled.

Sounds about right.

Regardless, the Eagles won’t be doing anything other than that which the Eagles choose to do.  Maybe that’s why Vick knows he can’t be disgruntled; whether he is or isn’t won’t do anything to change the situation.

Besides, no one forced him to sign a two-year contract.  And he should be happy that he’ll be making $5.5 million in 2010.

At a minimum, his creditors likely are.

Permalink 61 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
61 Responses to “Vick says he "can't be disgruntled"”
  1. Hoogs3 says: Mar 12, 2010 5:04 PM

VICK please go to carolina!!!!

2. TheWizard says: Mar 12, 2010 5:05 PM

Oh man, just go away.

3. GB3Pack4 says: Mar 12, 2010 5:05 PM

If you talk about having to “suck it up”, you are officially “disgruntled”.

4. Topher says: Mar 12, 2010 5:07 PM

I wanted to show Mike the love. I really did.
    I have been watching his TV show hoping to see what I figured I would see. A guy who showed genuine remorse.
    Instead I get TV pretend remorse with lots of words but no emotion. No, Mike, I don’t want you to cry, I want to see truth in your eyes.
    I would have settled for being tricked into thinking it was there but even with television editing that didn’t happen.
    Now I see more of the same words. Not spoken out of feeling but because that is what the script calls for.
    What your people should have told you to say was that want to be a starting quarterback, what quarterback doesn’t? But that you are just absolutely thrilled to even be playing football.
    But nope, you aren’t thrilled to be playing football… you are not disgruntled to be playing football.
    I wanted to love you, Mike. I don’t care a whip about dogs. But I care a great deal about a man who doesn’t yet get it.

5. joebuckiscreepy says: Mar 12, 2010 5:09 PM

good to hear that if vick remains an eagle that he will remain “gruntled.”

6. MyronB says: Mar 12, 2010 5:10 PM

God I hate Michael Vick.
    Why don’t they just cut their losses and get him the hell out of Philly already?

7. polakojones says: Mar 12, 2010 5:11 PM

8. VoxVagina says: Mar 12, 2010 5:12 PM

Wow what a misleading headline. Vick said the right thing but you’re trying to get page views and made it seem like he’s trying to hide his feelings or something. What a jerk thing to do, Florio

9. sideoutshu says: Mar 12, 2010 5:16 PM

10. tombrookshire says: Mar 12, 2010 5:26 PM

Now, that’s courage man!

11. Gelardia says: Mar 12, 2010 5:33 PM

Hey Mike, don’t like playing in Philly? At least you’re not in jail. So you better not be disgruntled.

12. TryTheVeal says: Mar 12, 2010 5:34 PM

Vick was is and always will be human garbage. His desire is to be under center, but only for the same selfish reasons that have unerlined his entire life. It has nothing to do with trying to be the best player he can be,studying more game film, or doing whatever it takes to be the best. It’s just about the money. He’s wants to be a starter and be paid like a starter, he even said it himself, “If i keep my nose clean, the money will come”…something to that effect. Here’s the deal jackass, you had the richest contract in NFL history, and thru sheer stupidity, ignorance, and downright sociopathic behavior, pissed it all away. He was and is and average NFL qb, more of a video game creation than anything else, God given athletic ability put him here, not hard work, dedication or leadership qualities. He will have to suck it up and just go out and play, as if the world owes him anything. I’m so sick of reading about this POS, and how if you say anything bad about him, you’re labeled a hater etc. I’m an Eagles fan and a season ticket holder, and i cannot wait til this little man is gone.

13. ninerfan says: Mar 12, 2010 5:34 PM

Yes Mike, suck it up and take the $5.5 million hit. Jackass.

14. trademcscab says: Mar 12, 2010 5:48 PM

trade mcscab and let vick be the back up to kolb next year im down with that

15. DirtyLilJohnny says: Mar 12, 2010 5:48 PM

We’ll see how un-disgruntled he is when he has 10 snaps by week 10.
    Seriously, what the hell do the Eagles want with all these Qb’s? Either try again with McNabb, start the future with Kolb, or go all Wildcat on a MF’er and run Vick…but MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!

16. Poo Flinging Monkey says: Mar 12, 2010 5:48 PM

# sideoutshu says: March 12, 2010 5:16 PM
    “When reached for comment after the interview, Vick elaborated that he is “very gruntled” with his current situation.”
    Reminded me of…
    Beware… there are mine fields out there. Most of them are inert. However, some of them are ert.

17. brownsfn says: Mar 12, 2010 5:51 PM

This retard should just be happy to be in the league…SCUMBAG THUG…

18. brownsfn says: Mar 12, 2010 5:52 PM

This retard should just be happy to be in the league…SCUMBAG THUG…

19. raidresnation says: Mar 12, 2010 5:56 PM

Vick will be Raiders starter next season.

20. SFTitan says: Mar 12, 2010 5:57 PM

Seriously I’m tired of hearing about Michael Vick. He needs to fad into obscurity. F’n douche.

21. .VoxVeritas says: Mar 12, 2010 5:57 PM

Aww, is big bad Florio picking on the diseased dog killer, Vagina?

22. Florio-is-a-tool says: Mar 12, 2010 6:01 PM

Here’s a guy who, via his lawyer says the right things and has changed but when he speaks without the j.d,/publicist person he comes across as a guy who thinks he’s got the same skill set he did four years ago. And even then he was merely exciting rather than a good qb.
    This guy is stupid and even his learning a new three syllable word can’t hide it. Great investment there Andy.

23. Marc F says: Mar 12, 2010 6:01 PM

dis ain’t funny florio. For once i like what Vox has said.

24. se18a29 says: Mar 12, 2010 6:15 PM

Dog killer…

25. -Slap- says: Mar 12, 2010 6:20 PM

Lowlife punk in a lowlife organization. It’s a perfect fit.

26. jibfest says: Mar 12, 2010 6:24 PM

Sideoutshu, hahaha. Maybe he could be labeled as “Mad Gruntled”.

27. Obeah says: Mar 12, 2010 6:27 PM

woof! woof! Ron Mexico>

28. SMUGGS1 says: Mar 12, 2010 6:30 PM

I HOPE HE STAYS, LOVE TO WATCH TURMOIL IN PHILLY AFTER ONE MCNABB INT…

29. pantherdan89 says: Mar 12, 2010 6:39 PM

Very courageous of him.

30. jimicos says: Mar 12, 2010 6:51 PM

No substance in this one. I’m all for bashing the guy based on his past (and for accepting the Ed Block award). But questioning him because he wants to start? Florio, would you want a backup QB who WANTED to remain the clipboard holder? I’d hope you’d prefer to have a guy with a little ambition and self-confidence.
    Vick doesn’t have the skill to be an NFL QB, but he should certainly WANT to be the starter.

31. michael says: Mar 12, 2010 7:17 PM

VoxVagina
    I agree I was thinking the same thing but, vick is “appearing” to be on his best behavior. he did in fact say the right things and regardless trust he will get criticized. it’s a shame how people belittle someone else in order to make themselves look better. there will be a number of “dog killer comments for the reasons i just said above.

32. jtigrrrr says: Mar 12, 2010 7:23 PM

I wonder how disgruntled the animals are, that he tortured and had killed. Vick get out of the NFL, you dont deserve to have a job like that. What kind of jobs would any other ex-con have…. you and the Eagles are losers.

33. polakojones says: Mar 12, 2010 8:26 PM

34. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Mar 12, 2010 10:41 PM

# michael says: March 12, 2010 7:17 PM
    VoxVagina
    ——————————————————-
    It’s a shame that people defend a POS that could with his own bare hands torture sick & helpless animals for laughs for years & years. It’s a shame that other uneducated ignorant fools support a sub-human scum of the earth like MV & would belittle others that understand the severity of his inherent evil.

35. rottielou says: Mar 13, 2010 12:28 AM

36. rottielou says: Mar 13, 2010 12:44 AM

Cockfighting is still legal in 18 states, I believe

37. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Mar 13, 2010 1:16 AM

@rottielou
    Keep deflecting, keep defending your homey.
    Always about race, always about something to take away from MV’s sick behavior. This isn’t about race man, it’s about one no good evil animal torturing POS. As much as you want to use that convenient excuse, it doesn’t apply here. lol too funny with that stuff.

38. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Mar 13, 2010 1:24 AM

rottielou says: March 13, 2010 12:44 AM
    Cockfighting is still legal in 18 states, I believe
    ————————————————————
    Cockfighting? I’m sure that’s a racial issue too huh? Stop blaming others.
    This about MV setting sick animals on fire. Why do none of the “unity” group ever take that on?
    Nah it’s ok, he’s a homey, he can take jumper cables & attach them to sick animals balls, zap them & laugh like hell. And it’s kool for him to do it for 6 years too, it was fun right??
    Dogfighting was only a part of it, it was the other stuff people are outraged over man.

39. Topher says: Mar 13, 2010 9:53 AM

@rottielou,

40. TheWizard says: Mar 13, 2010 10:18 AM

Whoa, little bit of built up hatred there, eh?
    Looking for scapegoats for yours and others problems won’t solve them.
    You have to look to yourself.
    In other words, you’re screwed.

41. .VoxVeritas says: Mar 13, 2010 10:34 AM

“I find it incredibly sad that so many caucasians are still persecuting Vick for his PAST, yet expect minorities to forgive and forget the massive disregard for human life your race has been responsible for since the beginning of time.”
    That’s because you’re a race-baiting dumbass.

42. .VoxVeritas says: Mar 13, 2010 10:37 AM

“Right on! I find it amazing that some of the same people that call Mike “sick” think that waterboarding was a great idea.”
    I can’t believe that there are idiots that think that waterboarding is torture. You guys need to read about the Spanish Inquisition and about some of the things that African tribes did before selling each other into slavery. Now THAT’S torture.

43. Big Tex says: Mar 13, 2010 10:48 AM

@rottielou
    You might want to check out some history for yourself there dude. The people that were selling black Africans to the slave traders in Africa were themselves black Africans. There’s plenty of blame to go around.

44. SmackMyVickUp.com says: Mar 13, 2010 10:51 AM

See he DID learn something. Look what happened to the employees of Bad Newz Kennels. If they were disgruntled, they were drowned. Or electrocuted, or slammed on the ground repeatedly. Or many other things for simple amusement.

45. SmackMyVickUp.com says: Mar 13, 2010 10:53 AM

Even with no cap are the Eagles really going to pay 5.5 mil for a backup QB with little trade value. Kolb got a new deal and McNabb got a nice deal last year, that is a hefty payroll for QBs.
    One is leaving or Vick gets a lower contract via restructuring.

46. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Mar 13, 2010 11:13 AM

# Topher says: March 13, 2010 9:53 AM
    @rottielou,
    ————————————————————-
    Now MV’s torture of sick animals is like waterboarding? Is that what happened to MV as a child?? He was captured by the “other race” (lol) & waterboarded. Thats why he committed those horrific acts of unimaginable cruelty on sick animals for laughs. Each time the supporters post and reach for reasons MV should be forgiven it gets more & more laughable.
    Yes thats it, that why Vick set sick and hurt animals on fire – waterboarding, why didn’t we see that before?? Keep talking guys, each time you blame others, you make more of a farce of your misguided & ignorant defense.

47. Chop Block Murphy says: Mar 13, 2010 11:54 AM

rottielou says: March 13, 2010 12:28 AM
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    Yeah, b/c being bitter at an entire race in 2010 for horrible acts that happened generations ago is exactly the same as disliking Mike Vick for atrocities he himself committed a few years ago. Brilliant.

48. SmackMyVickUp.com says: Mar 13, 2010 12:09 PM

Vick: A return to the Eagles would be “an everyday struggle”
    The comments came in an interview with Bob Costas that aired last night during NBC’s pregame show before the Eagles hosted Dallas.
    The Eagles signed Vick to a $1.6 million contract for 2009, with a team option for the second year at $5.2 million.
    “It would be hard,” Vick said of returning to the Eagles, according to excerpts released by NBC. “It would be an everyday struggle. But I would have to take that time to hone my skills and get better. I’m excited about the opportunity I have moving forward whether it’s with Philadelphia or another team.”
    “It’s what I thought it would be,” Vick told the AP. “I knew I couldn’t come in and do anything that would disrupt the rhythm of the offense and what we had going on here. I knew I was going to have to be patient.”
    Vick has seen limited playing time this season, with many of his opportunities coming out of the Wildcat formation. He entered last night’s game with two completions on six attempts for 6 yards passing and 11 carries for 25 yards rushing. In last night’s loss to the Cowboys, Vick had one carry for 2 yards.
    “I won’t be a Wildcat guy. I can’t,” Vick told NBC. “It’s a different style of play. It’s almost like a hit-or-miss type of thing. My position is quarterback. That’s what I was born to do.”
    Vick also conceded that he has had some doubts about his ability, after serving 18 months in federal prison.
    “I would be lying if I said there wasn’t some doubt there,” he said. “I’m being realistic about the situation.”
    “I told Michael to just worry about this year,” he said. “It’s technically up to Philadelphia. If they want him back, he has to stay there. If they don’t, there are some teams looking for quarterbacks: Cleveland, St. Louis and Washington.

49. ikemac says: Mar 13, 2010 9:21 PM

Florio you and anyone else can say what you want, but regardless to where mike is next year, he will be a SUCCESS!!!!! If it’s kolb he will beat him out in training camp and be given the starting job by week 3!! If it’s mcnabb it will be week 6 at the latest – now as for the comments about the dog killing. The time has been done for the so-called crime that was committed. It’s crazy how people get so up-tight about dogs. It is as silly as carrying on hatred about SLAVERY and the HOLOCAUST – we haven’t forgot but every opportunity is not an opportunity to rub everyone’s nose in it or to give a public retrospective!!! Regardless to how certain people feel about mike the comments made towards him should be those concerning FOOTBALL, i f you hate that he’s back in the NFL stop watching the dam games!!!

50. Big Tex says: Mar 14, 2010 10:11 AM

@ikemac
    Let’s see, Michael Vick came into the league as an undersized, uber-athletic prospect. Almost 10 seasons later, he’s still undersized, but nowhere nearly as athletic. How many steps of speed do you figure he has lost? One? Two? Three? His high water mark for passing was way back in 2002 and he has NEVER topped 3,000 yards in a season and is under 54% completitions for his career. Does that sound like a guy who will be a SUCCESS!!!!! in Andy “We are only allowed to run the ball 3 times a quarter” Reid’s offense?

51. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Mar 14, 2010 11:19 AM

# ikemac says: March 13, 2010 9:21 PM
    ———————————————————
    So-called crimes?? Nothing so-called of the kind, it’s proven, documented & he got off easy. Then we bring up slavery. Why is that not surprising?? Again lets bring up everything we can, slavery, the holocaust (lol this one is too funny), anything to minimize MV’s behavior. Any subject to try & bring the focus from the sub human sadistic evil that IS MICHAEL VICK. Regardless of how much you want to stick up for sick individuals that for FUN set helpless animals of fire, it has nothing to do with things that happened almost 150 years & 70 years ago. It’s pathetically weak to keep doing that. The people are outraged by MV drowning, electrocuting, burning & beating sick animals to death for ENTERTAINMENT
    According to people like you, it’s ok to bring up perceived crimes from over 150 years ago, but take MV to task for his inherent serial killing of sick animals for laughs & it’s wrong. Are you that uneducated that you do not get what kind of people who abuse animals like that are capable of? Read a little bit man, get educated.
    No one has to keep their comment to football, this isn’t about football. Playing in the NFL isn’t MV’s god given right. Posts like yours show gross ignorance – stick up for our homey no matter what the crime, everyone is trying to hold Vick down. That’s just more fantasy BS.
    But here is what isn’t fantasy – Michael Vick would still be doing this if he hadn’t been caught, he’s still be lying, he’s still be setting sick animals on fire.

52. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Mar 14, 2010 11:22 AM

@ ikemac
    And if you can’t handle that your hero is a sick individual that is sub human & don’t like others pointing that out. You stop coming here & reading the damn posts!! LOL

53. ikemac says: Mar 14, 2010 1:42 PM

Big Tex thanks for keeping football as focus!! Even though you want to keep Mike Vick inside the box. Bottom line is Mike Vick plays, Mike Vick wins (you like numbers look’em up)!!!!!
    Junk Yard I bet the sad part is you are only an internet racist. I’m willing to bet your defense would go something like, “I’m not a racist my best friend is BLACK.”
    As far as the “uneducated” comment from you JunkYard. Let’s go over some second grade English:
    he’s = he is
    he’d = he would
    As in “he’d still be lying, he’d still be setting sick animals on fire and you’re an internet racist with a 2nd grade education….SMILE.”
    Ohhhhhhh…..you’re = YOU ARE!!!!!

54. ikemac says: Mar 14, 2010 1:57 PM

Junk Yard, I wonder if you went to Harvard? I’m done wondering!!!!!! lmao
    I’m = I am!!!!!! (keep up)

55. Big Tex says: Mar 14, 2010 2:40 PM

@ikemac
    Let me get this straight, in the same post where you ragged on somebody else’s “2nd grade education”, YOU wrote “thanks for keeping football as focus!!”. Classic. Or as you would say, “CLASSIC!!!!!!!”.
    Michael Vick is still an undersized QB at 6′ even. Michael Vick is still a less than stellar passing QB at under 54% and never over 3,000 yards in a season. Now, Michael Vick is a soon to be 30 year old who has lost some of his speed. Your response is “Mike Vick plays, Mike Vick wins”. Well, Vick’s last “winning” season was way back in ’05 and it was 1 game over .500.
    Drew Brees went in the same draft that Vick was in and Brees has 7 seasons better than Vick’s best, a SB ring, and more than 30,000 yards passing as opposed to Mike’s 11,600. Now that spells SUCCESS!!!!!

56. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Mar 14, 2010 4:05 PM

@ikemac
    dam=damn?
    mike = Mike?
    i f = if?
    kolb = Kolb?
    As for typing mistakes, if they counted for education, most of the people in the world would be uneducated by your measure. As we see, you have it all under control, no mistakes in your typing or expressing your race hating views. But really, that part isn’t important, makes no sense. But that’s all you have for ammunition when responding to myself & others that want to hold MV accountable, typing mistakes & race bating.
    As for uneducated, everything in context, from your posts you ARE uneducated on this subject. What I was referring to is the capacity for you understand or want to understand MV’s crimes. An uneducated individual wants bring up slavery & the holocaust in regards to this subject. In that regard & with that type of analogy, you are grossly uneducated, whether you can type or not. But your comment about MV still setting sick animals on fire & trying to deflect from that with jerky BS, shows exactly your education & knowledge level on this subject, I couldn’t have said it better my self.
    As for me being a racist, I am just as much of a racist as you ikemac. You choose to blindly defend MV, no matter what he did & got off easy for. Any one that disagrees with a MV defender must be racist, no other explanation for not “forgiving” MV, only racists cannot see beyond his intentional acts of evil. Isn’t that right?

57. ikemac says: Mar 14, 2010 7:54 PM

Dude grab a life!!! Mike Vick has a $1.5 million dollar bonus and the way it seems he will soon have the other $5.2 million left on his contract. If he’s left in Philly with Kolb, YOU will be very dam busy this season, “TRYING” to articulate your disappointments!! You can start at, “I can’t understand why this dog killer is still a starting QB in the NFL!!!!!”
    BE STRONG – Hitler!!!!! lmao

58. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Mar 15, 2010 12:53 PM

Have something worthwhile to say man.
    More dumbass comments. You want to use racism as the cause for EVERTHING.
    If your racism comments don’t work, you have nothing else. I must say, your Mom & Dad must be proud, “Son, anything you don’t like, scream racism, that ALWAYS works.” “But Dad, what if it isn’t actually racism & the individual I am told to stick together with is really a low life sub-human POS.” “No matter Son, we don’t have to be right, everything can be blamed on racism, don’t you worry how much of a ghoul your “brother” is, you just scream they are only picking on him because he’s black & it all goes away.”
    You & the rest of the race bating MV defenders are uneducated & pathetic, just like everything you say, worthless in reality. Post more race slanted crap, call names, insult people that understand what you just don’t have the smarts to comprehend. MV is no good, he’s the lowest form of life, killing & hurting defenseless creatures for fun. None of the idiotic BS you post changes what he is.

59. ikemac says: Mar 15, 2010 3:00 PM

I’m glad to see you keep going there dude!!!!!
    Now tell me how you feel about Big Ben: Should he still be in the league (after targeting 20 year old women to forcefully run ROD in?). Okay already quit crying, I know everything rite now is an allegation – but for the sake of it, just say the allegations STICK – what then should happen?
    Which is worse, WHITE JESUS, raping a 2o year old female or killing dogs? Oh WHITE JESUS – do explain!!!!

60. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Mar 15, 2010 4:27 PM

Here we go again, DEFLECTING, bringing in things that have nothing to do with your hero’s demented ways. Why do MV deflectors insist on bring others into it, glad to see you true to your racist form though using Ben instead Dante.
    In your hilarious & feeble attempts to defend MV’s sub human ways your analogies have ranged from, slavery (always the biggie huh- lol), the holocaust (total ignorance) & now Ben. LOL too funny – You do this because you don’t have anything else but deflecting & race bating. None of the supporters are able to defend his behavior for a 6 year period or the fact that if he hadn’t have been caught, he’d still be doing it, just like any serial taker of life.
    The funniest & most pathetic part of you & the rest of the supporters is your blind, brainless, almost cult like way of defending a POS that will always be associated with his horrific, sadistic behavior. Too thick to see that cannot be changed, too dumb & busy trying to place blames elsewhere to care.
    Your failure to say anything of significance is boring me . You win Skippy – enjoy

61. ikemac says: Mar 15, 2010 5:05 PM

Why would you waste the time to type all that and not answer the question (smart). Just as I thought a million words but not one ounce of truth and you want to be defined as self-righteous!!! Little hint dude -grow a BRAIN!!!!
    I would expound on my knowldedge of your parents, but the produced result (YOU), serves as a constant reminder of their inabilities!!!
    One favor clown – the next time you’re using the acronym, POS, make sure you’re in a mirror. Better yet the one upstairs in your mom’s room (basement dweller!!!)