Rex Ryan's first post-op concern was L.T.

So as you all know by now, Jets coach Rex Ryan underwent a procedure aimed at shrinking his stomach via the attachment to it of an oversized rubber band.

Though it’s not as serious as gastric bypass, it’s still surgery.  And so when Ryan woke up after surgery, what did he say?

According to Peter King of SI.com, “Did we get L.T. signed yet?

King reports that Ryan called Tomlinson later in the day, and the next day Tomlinson decided to join the Jets.

Permalink 45 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
45 Responses to “Rex Ryan's first post-op concern was L.T.”
  1. Bigbluefan says: Mar 15, 2010 10:29 PM

LT or BLT?

2. philwauke says: Mar 15, 2010 10:30 PM

L T? Lunch time?

3. Sceptorx says: Mar 15, 2010 10:32 PM

O.K. and???

4. JSpicoli says: Mar 15, 2010 10:34 PM

No no no no
    It was “Get me a B.L.T.”

5. FumbleNuts says: Mar 15, 2010 10:34 PM

“And so when Ryan woke up after surgery, what did he say?”
    “Did we get L.T. signed yet?”
    Yes you did, and you now have a 3 headed rushing attack with Green, L.T. and Leon Washington!

6. Florio-is-a-tool says: Mar 15, 2010 10:34 PM

Peter King once wrote a personal letter to Adolf Coors thanking him for inventing those labels on Coors Lite that let you know when the beer is cold. He often has trouble knowing when beer is cold.

7. supadupafly says: Mar 15, 2010 10:35 PM

First Concern: L.T.
    Second Concern: Can a brother get a double bacon with cheese up in this bitch !

8. raiders177 says: Mar 15, 2010 10:35 PM

It was a B.L.T. not L.T.

9. Fonetik says: Mar 15, 2010 10:36 PM

Can he refer Andy Reid to the doctor he used?

10. Jabroni says: Mar 15, 2010 10:36 PM

[Update] He first asked for a donut and a slice of pepperoni pizza. Report is the donut was a maple bar with sprinkles on top.

11. Sporkdevil says: Mar 15, 2010 10:36 PM

I believe a rubber band was necessary, as they had difficulties with the original attempted onion ring attachment.

12. Mean Leroy Brown says: Mar 15, 2010 10:36 PM

No no..
    McBLT…
    not LT..
    I see how one could confuse that though..

13. promin1 says: Mar 15, 2010 10:39 PM

BLT he was asking for….get it right.

14. KrabbyPatty says: Mar 15, 2010 10:41 PM

I was there. It was actually, “Did you get my BLT yet?”

15. HappyBunny says: Mar 15, 2010 10:42 PM

Dang.
    I had “When can I eat pudding again?” in the pool…

16. Florio-is-a-tool says: Mar 15, 2010 10:42 PM

Peter King once drank his wife’s urine and complained it tasted like pee flavored water.

17. Catamount says: Mar 15, 2010 10:42 PM

He was referring to the Lettuce and Tomato for his bacon sandwich.

18. markwhct says: Mar 15, 2010 10:43 PM

Now that’s a coach who is always thinking of the team.

19. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says: Mar 15, 2010 10:45 PM

…and cheeseburgers

20. Dolphin Fan says: Mar 15, 2010 10:45 PM

His second post op concern was how many cheeseburgers he was allowed to eat.

21. nflhof says: Mar 15, 2010 10:49 PM

Wow I thought he would be asking for DQ!!

22. Devils Advocate says: Mar 15, 2010 10:50 PM

and I quote:
    Tub of goo: “did we get LT”
    Tannenbaum: ” what? you want a BLT”
    Tub of goo: “no ! did we get LT, LT”
    Tannenbaum: ” what? you want a Double BLT, you want to combo up with fries and a Coke?”
    Tub of goo: “U dumb ass did we get LT”
    Tannenbaum: ” wait? you want don’t want bacon? no you are getting me confused. oh nurse..oh nurse..”
    Nurse: yes ..may i help you?
    Tub of goo: “I didn’t call you, are you LT?”
    Tannenbaum: ” Nurse is he still under – he seems to be incoherent, stuttering, going on about a snack or something”
    Nurse: “oh just ignore him when he was going under all he talked about was I can’t wait to get to “Rays” for a couple dozen slices of some pie!”

23. JasonGiambi says: Mar 15, 2010 10:55 PM

Florio, didn’t I get this exact same info in Peter King’s column this AM? Why post a story just to post? Does NBC require you to post a minimum number of rumors per day now, are you having to sing for your supper? You did nothing but regurgitate that which was already known.
    And even though Peter king is a better writer than you, that doesn’t mean he has a better head of hair than you. Stay classy, Florio.

24. Perfect Phinish says: Mar 15, 2010 10:55 PM

Wow. Couldn’t he have just worked out with the million dollar trainers he pays? What’s next, colon cleanse and fiber flakes? Awesome.

25. IStateYourName says: Mar 15, 2010 11:01 PM

What he really said…”Did we get the B.L.T. started yet?”

26. WTBucs says: Mar 15, 2010 11:03 PM

then he said…get in my belly…

27. nflhof says: Mar 15, 2010 11:04 PM

Or maybe BK??

28. SonOfNOLA says: Mar 15, 2010 11:10 PM

You all need to seriously get a life.

29. That's Barrett says: Mar 15, 2010 11:36 PM

I doubt a rubber band is gonna stop that behemoth walking chunk of lard from stuffing his face with anything he can get his hands on. Just the thought of that vile piece of trash makes me sick.

30. Gautam says: Mar 15, 2010 11:40 PM

some of you need to stop cutting on the fat jokes
    at least Ryan has realized that he was just cutting his life short in his current state unlike many couch potato Americans

31. Shawn says: Mar 15, 2010 11:43 PM

Why should he care about L.T. ? He should have asked “did we get Brandon Marshall signed yet?”.

32. Route36West says: Mar 15, 2010 11:43 PM

I guess because I expierenced the whole Buddy Ryan error I have a feeling Rex isnt that into doing film study when he wants to sign a player.
    I dont know why but I just feel like he doesnt care if everyone else thinks he is well passed his prime. I think he just had a gut feeling and said hey hes good I want him. I dont think he puts any thought into things like that. He orders players like he orders McDonalds. Ummm Give me aaaa Braylon Edwards one of those ummm Cromarties and a side of L.T. o and throw in a Lito Sheppard
    All 4 of his big signings are guys with shaky backgrounds. L.T. and Lito had lil if any gas left in the tank when he got them. Edwards and Cromartie both had 1 good season and have done nothing since and with Cromartie you dont even know if he has the will to try.
    I really like all the Ryans and they are great coaches but sometimes they are just out of their minds. Their craziness in the media and off the field is great I love it but other times like these trades signings etc. seem to really hurt them.
    That was my major problem with Buddy in Philly I didnt care about the screaming and yelling and acting wild it was the times when he made those decisions that make you want to scratch your head that was the problem.
    Its still early for Rex but it seems like hes starting to push the crazy a lil far on the G.M. Side. Ryans shouldnt be allowed to build rosters they are great coaches and horrible G.M.s

33. bleekercreature says: Mar 16, 2010 12:14 AM

wow never had i heard so many lame jokes for one post in my life. it is clear many of the commenters know nothing about football and are also unfunny. It wasn’t bad enough to read that BLT “joke” once but then to beat it to death. Come on now.

34. The RBM says: Mar 16, 2010 12:19 AM

Wait, wait, I’ve got a good one……..
    He didn’t ask for L.T., he asked for… get this…. a B…L.T.!!!
    Get it?

35. DanFoutsBeard says: Mar 16, 2010 12:55 AM

LT or a McDLT?

36. nyjshane88 says: Mar 16, 2010 1:08 AM

Lots of class being shown here towards a guy that just had surgery. I see BigBlueFan even joined the party, always a delight to hear from him. For someone that likes to point out how Giants fans dont even care about the Jets and that they’re simply beneath the Gmen, you sure do take the time to leave your 2 cents on every article on here with the word Jets in it. Oh and the BLT thing was clever the 1st time, do the next 50 people really have to make the same joke?

37. Colts18 says: Mar 16, 2010 1:32 AM

OK, we get it PFT users.
    he said BLT instead of LT.
    wow, you all have the same bland humor

38. WhoDat_champs says: Mar 16, 2010 1:55 AM

You guys need to hire more people to update emails faster so we don’t have the same joke 20 times!

39. Andre_Johnson_for_prez says: Mar 16, 2010 2:26 AM

# Florio-is-a-tool says: March 15, 2010 10:42 PM
    that has to be the funniest thing i’v ever read on this website.

40. Andre_Johnson_for_prez says: Mar 16, 2010 2:29 AM

this not so much but still good

41. bills34 says: Mar 16, 2010 9:27 AM

@ Supadupafly
    “First Concern: L.T.
    Second Concern: Can a brother get a double bacon with cheese up in this bitch !”
    hahahahaha awesome

42. mastablasta says: Mar 16, 2010 9:55 AM

wow the guy finally gets a coaching job he deserves and a bunch of idiots make fun of him for being fat,and all the same stupid”BLT” crap,i guess since he got to the afc title game with a rookie qb,and himself being his first year as HC,guess you losers have nothing else to bust his balls about except his fattness,bet all you guys like beating up little kids and kicking small defenseless puppy dogs,kind of guys that would race a 90 year old woman then brag cause they won,as for rex,great coach,yes he is fat but i doont think that will take awaay from his coaching ability,maybe if he loses weight,you will then only have his grey hair to make fun of[probably wont be much of a downgrade from these stupid BLT jokes],,,,losers

43. joey-pickles says: Mar 16, 2010 10:08 AM

LT=BLT, McBLT, BLT without the baccon, etc, etc, etc…
    BWAHAHAHA, BWAH-HA-HA, AAAHHHHH… pltt (fart noise)
    … morons…

44. Bigbluefan says: Mar 16, 2010 1:54 PM

nyjshane88 says:
    March 16, 2010 1:08 AM
    Relax its not like they took out a tumor they sewed his belly shut since he has never met a sandwich he did not like his eating is like his mouth totally out of control and writing checks his team can not cash.
    Your right it was funny the first time and I was the first to say it guess that means I am the funny one.
    I do not care about the jets just thought it was funny do not comment on every jet post just those that concern my Giants such as who is going to rule the new place.
    And it being the jets it does not take much time to leave my 2 cents after all 40 years of shitty play.
    I am sorry you could not get Giants tickets and were raised in the shadow of one the NFL all time great teams while you had to watch one of the worst.

45. FootballFanatik says: Mar 19, 2010 10:42 AM

BigBlueFan….you are a window-licking imbecile.
    It’s startling how many Giants fans I know wish you would stop posting your crap because you are making their favorite football team look bad. So, eff off!
    And anyone who doesn’t know how to Google and learn, a lap band procedure ISN’T done on someone who over eats. It is done on someone with a medical condition that doesn’t allow them to feel full, or if their bodies don’t properly metabolize food. A lot of counseling and testing is done before the surgery is scheduled.