Adalius Thomas doesn't show for offseason workouts, denies he wants out

410w.jpgPatriots linebacker Adalius Thomas, who clashed in 2009 with coach Bill Belichick, was not present for the launch of offseason workouts on Monday, according to Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.

But Thomas denies that he wants to play for the Jets, a contention that New York linebacker Bart Scott made two weeks ago.

“I’ve heard of all the chatter up there about me,” Thomas told Guregian via e-mail.  “It was
about something Bart Scott said on TV, [and] that’s not what was said .
. . I have never told anyone that I wanted to leave and go play for the
Jets. . . .

“I have been asked by coaches, reporters [and] players, ‘Where are [you] going to play next year?’  And my response has been I don’t know,”
Thomas said.  “I’m still a Patriot unless you know
something I don’t know, but reporters report any type of hype.

“Not once did anyone of [the media] . . . pick up the phone or e-mail
and ask if [that] was what I said.  So I’m a Patriot until otherwise
noted from Bill [Belichick] or the organization.”

Possible translation?  “Sure I want out.  But Belichick would probably keep me here if I say I want out.  So I ain’t sayin’ I want out.”

Thomas also said that he didn’t attend workouts on Monday because he didn’t know that the workouts started Monday.

If that’s true, then it’s just a matter of time before he gets to play for the Jets, or any of the other 30 teams.

27 responses to “Adalius Thomas doesn't show for offseason workouts, denies he wants out

1. Too bad this didn’t work out. He had a decent season in 2007 and a great Super Bowl (Despite the PATS losing) and his 2008 was going well until he was injured.
    Even if it fails, I still like to see the PATS try to bring in an impact free agent.

2. AT seems to have a problem on what time to arrive at Gillette.
    Maybe if we trade him to a team on CDT like St.Louis it will help him get to work on tme.

3. What a jackass… guy gets $20 million guaranteed and has done nothing but be a whiny bitch.

4. thomas just needs to be cut,he can flourish in pretty much ny other system,except the pats,very good player,very versitile

5. The Real Shuxion says:
    March 16, 2010 8:01 AM
    ————————————————
    There are not any impact free agents available. The Pats are not going to help out AD in any way. They will release him at the absolute last second.

6. Possible translation? “Sure I want out. But Belichick would probably keep me here if I say I want out. So I ain’t sayin’ I want out.”
    Florio, I like you less and less each day. You’re like STAR magazine. Wrap it up, Queen

7. And the guy pretty much admitted on the Felger and Mazz show during Super Bowl week that he has no idea what he’s seeing on the field. If it’s anything more than rushing the passer, he can’t do it.

8. Another Raven who left the nest for a massive contract and didn’t live up to his reputation developed playing with Ray Lewis. Is it Ray or the system?

9. just go ahead and be a holdout until they trade you it’ll be the best thing for him pats are on their decline now

10. @ppdoc13
    its the system, Bart Scott is doing a good job on his own without Ray Lewis
    AT is probably just bored being with the Patriots and wants to play with people he’s more familiar with

11. Just one more sign that the Pats are not what they used to be.
    I’m not hatin, I’m just saying, you didn’t see shit like this when they were perennial Super Bowl contenders.

12. cswitzer21 says:
    March 16, 2010 9:00 AM
    Dream on if you think the Patriots are on the decline. They have won the AFC East 7 out of the last nine seasons and look for that trend to continue this year. The JEts can make moves but every team in the division has to play the Ravens, Packers, Vikings, Steelers and Colts and the Patriots are still the best equipped to handle those type of big games.
    Here is how the 2010 AFC East shakes out:
    Patriots 11-5
    Dolphins 9-7
    Jets 8-8
    Bills 3-13

13. cswitzer21 says:
    pats are on their decline now
    ——————————————–
    I’ve been hearing that for 6 years. It may be another 6 before it actually happens.

14. If he didnt know that workouts started Monday then he probably was not invited. Bye BYe AD

15. Reasonable says:
    March 16, 2010 8:33 AM
    The Real Shuxion says:
    March 16, 2010 8:01 AM
    ————————————————
    ————————————————-
    I agree about this year.
    What I meant was try to sign impact free agents any year. You build a good team through the draft but once in a while you have to sign an impact free agent to get over the top (See Rodney Harruison)

16. As much as we complain about Moss dogging it, we’ve been kind to AD….
    He simply wasn’t doing what he was suppossed to do! BB talked to him after the Bills game, and explained he wasn’t reading the keys properly.
    For what they paid him, 7+Mil/yr you would think he’d know the defense?

17. He didn’t show up all last season so why would anyone be surpised that he hasn’t shown up now.
    The Pats have some type of chaos going on in the management. They jettisoned Hochstein and Vrabel and kept whiney biatches with no passion for the game.
    I don’t need to see a winner but I do need to see people willing to put everything out there week after week ala Wes Welker.

18. Hey AT, Pats fans want you gone just as much as you want out. You are an under achieving douchebag.

19. Best EQUIPPED to handle the Ravens? Did somebody miss the playoff game where we destroyed the “Patsies” in the first quarter by just running the ball down their throats.

20. Florio, Florio, Florio……
    Once again you are trying to make something of nothing. There is no story here, but you insist there is one. Translate this – one finger salute to you….
    Thomas being a non-factor in New England is entirely on B.B. Thomas throughout his career was one of the best pass rushers ever to play the game. He comes to New England and what does B.B. do? He makes him a stay at home defender. What did the team miss and need all of last year? A pass rusher! So why didn’t B.B. let Thomas do the job he knows best? Yeah, I can’t think of one either. I like Thomas and his style of play. As a fan I hope either B.B. wakes up and lets him play his position the way it was meant to be played or let him go somewhere else to do it – as long as it is in the other conference.

21. Joe in Toronto, Canada says:
    March 16, 2010 9:16 AM
    Just one more sign that the Pats are not what they used to be.
    __________________________________
    I’m a Pats fan and I can tell you that their LR was horrible this past year. So you are correct….it was not like that in their SB years. They had to dump guys who were just not able to contribute anymore but who were GREAT LR presences and helped keep AD’s mouth shut like Colvin, Bruschi, & Harrison. Lack of leadership in the LR showed last year in a lot of ways on that team. They were probably the worst playoff team in the AFC last year.

22. Translation:
    “I’d really like to be a Jet, but stupid New England hasn’t been kind enough to release me. So I’m hoping maybe if I get in front of the cameras and say the right thing, they will release me.”

23. @Joe in Toronto, “you didn’t see sh*t like this when they were perennial Super Bowl contenders.”? Two words for you – Deion Branch. Pats SBs 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007 – Deion Branch holdout 2006.
    I agree that the 2009 Pats were pretty disappointing as were the 2008 Cassel-Pats, especially after the high of the 2007 season and the letdown of the-game-that-shall-not-be-named, but let’s not make it sound like the fact that AD is holding out is because of anything other than AD wants more money than the Pats want to pay him.

24. He does not have to show for voluntary offseason workouts or explain why he did not show.

25. Ravenmuscle,
    Get a grip! Did you see Ray Lewis’ interview after the game? He was more shocked than elated that the ravens won the game so easily and he even commented on how he has seen the Pats’ domination and perfection for so many years both in the regular seasons and playoffs and for them to come in Foxborough and beat them like that was a blessing from God. Can’t wait for the rematch next season during the regular season. Until your team can beat the Pats on a regular basis like the colts have been manage to do with the help of the refs, then don’t get your head too big.