Grossman wants to start

Rex Grossman wants to be a starting quarterback again.

Grossman, who signed with the Redskins Wednesday, said Thursday that he “definitely” believes he can be a starter again.

Although most people expect Mike Shanahan to either take a quarterback in the first round of next month’s draft or give Jason Campbell another year as the Redskins’ starter in 2010, Grossman said he hopes “to be thrown into the mix” with the Redskins.

Permalink 47 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
47 Responses to “Grossman wants to start”
  1. raiders177 says: Mar 18, 2010 3:52 PM

What QB doesn’t want to start?

2. jordanv says: Mar 18, 2010 3:52 PM

Grossman wants to start, okay well I want to sleep with Sandra Bullock, but it probably aint gonna happen!!

3. Ross'sSweetMinus says: Mar 18, 2010 3:52 PM

Wow! This idiot must really smoke some good weed! He’s out of his mind.

4. Merton Hanks says: Mar 18, 2010 3:52 PM

So do I.

5. Douchebaggery says: Mar 18, 2010 3:53 PM

lmao, good luck with that, Sexy Rexy

6. clintonrb says: Mar 18, 2010 3:53 PM

has this guy been given enough chances as a starter?
    he did quarterback an nfc champion team.. but they could have had rex chapman back there and gotten the same results..

7. jlbay says: Mar 18, 2010 3:53 PM

“Although most people expect Mike Shanahan to either take a quarterback in the first round of next month’s draft”
    Why would drafting a QB in the first round be mutually exclusive of give Grossman or Campbell the chance to be the starter in 2010? Plenty of teams don’t throw rookies into the starting QB position just because he was a first round pick . . . I would think that drafting a QB in the first round would open up the door for Grossman to compete with Campbell for the starting position . . . it seems to me that if Shanahan doesn’t draft a QB with an early round pick he would be more likely to let Campbell have another year to see what he can do in Shanahan’s system . . . if a first round QB is selected than going with the best veteran apposed to giving Campbell an evaulation year seems more likely.

8. Unsterblich856 says: Mar 18, 2010 3:54 PM

Every QB in the league will tell you that they want to start. nonstory

9. Jason says: Mar 18, 2010 3:56 PM

The two quotes, in better context than this article (source: Redskinsblog).
    “Y’know, nobody presented any scenario to me,” he said. “They just said they’re glad to have me part of the team, and that’s how I’m taking it. I’m here to just help the Redskins win the Super Bowl whatever way I can and I just wanna be thrown in the mix.”
    “Yeah, that’s my goal,” Grossman said. “I wanna start in this league at some point and get back there and play. Every quarterback that plays in the NFL wants to start, so that’s kind of an odd question, I guess. But I definitely think I can and I’ve got a lot of confidence in myself, and hopefully this is a stepping-stone to the second half of my career.”

10. seaner44 says: Mar 18, 2010 3:56 PM

Grossman wants to start… So do I but it ain’t happening

11. hsf09 says: Mar 18, 2010 3:57 PM

Grossman’s play is just that. Gross. He, put nicely, was not very good in the time he saw here in Houston.

12. clintcooper says: Mar 18, 2010 3:57 PM

No, no, no, no, no. Rex, your days are over. Jason Campbell is a good quarterback on a lousy team. Rex, you are terrible.

13. claytonbigsby says: Mar 18, 2010 3:57 PM

Here is hoping Good Rex get’s to be the starter and Bad Rex never sees the light of day for the Redskins!

14. 123456789 says: Mar 18, 2010 3:57 PM

Mike Florio and Harvey Levin are secret lovers.
    I’m not sure which one has the short end of that stick.

15. eaglesfan05 says: Mar 18, 2010 3:57 PM

haha would be a big step up from campbell. but if the skins wanna compete again grossman isnt the answer

16. msnyder275 says: Mar 18, 2010 3:58 PM

I’m trying to picture Shanny stating “we believe Rex Grossman is our quarterback”

17. Fonetik says: Mar 18, 2010 3:59 PM

18. Chapnasty2 says: Mar 18, 2010 4:00 PM

Dear Rex,
    As a Cowboys fan, I think I speak for Eagles and Giants fans as well, we want you to start! Best of luck for ya pal!

19. Gweez says: Mar 18, 2010 4:00 PM

I just vomited in my mouth a little. No way we’re that bad.

20. bigbillnocmd says: Mar 18, 2010 4:04 PM

Now i hate the signing. Didn’t mind when I assumed he was just signed to help out with the new offense in practice. All our linemen are over 6′ 5″. Whats he? 5’10″ with pumps.
    HAIL SUCKA!

21. Krow says: Mar 18, 2010 4:05 PM

He wants to start… and I want to be younger. I suspect I’ve got the better shot.

22. azbears says: Mar 18, 2010 4:05 PM

At first I thought this was a horrible decision by the skins to sign Rex.
    But, We all know Jason Campbell is not the answer, so why not throw Rex into the mix. This will help Jason actually develop or sink into the UFL.
    For the skins sake, I hope they signed the good Rex. Mike S. knows what he’s doing

23. VoxVagina says: Mar 18, 2010 4:06 PM

Easy, there Rexy. You already proved you suck as an NFL Qb. Take the cash and sit on the bench. Even the Redskins aren’t that desperate. For the record, I think Campbell is a very good QB but he hasnt had any time to throw. Because of that he rushes and makes mistakes, and once he makes mistakes, he can’t recover from them

24. Champ Kind with Sports says: Mar 18, 2010 4:09 PM

Jason,
    Thank you for putting the whole quotes out there. Gives everyone some perspective on the lopsided butchering this blog practices (not that it keeps us from coming back every day…)

25. Tim Couch says says: Mar 18, 2010 4:12 PM

Hope he’s not getting drug tested any time soon.

26. jwill007 says: Mar 18, 2010 4:13 PM

“Yeah, and I want a hundred million dollars and a supermodel wife. Ain’t happening. Shut up and collect your easy money, Rex.”
    EXFREEKINACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

27. DeBoe says: Mar 18, 2010 4:14 PM

“The 29-year-old Grossman said the Redskins haven’t told him what his role is, but that he believes his career will have a strong second half as a starter.”
    The second half is more like the last quarter for our friend Rex.

28. gbooch10 says: Mar 18, 2010 4:16 PM

These posts are pointless. Of course Grossman says he wants to start. If he didn’t, he would be out of a job. No NFL is going to keep a non-competitive player on its roster. Pointless.

29. LetsGoPens says: Mar 18, 2010 4:16 PM

You keep waiting for you’re career revival, and I (23 years old) will keep waiting for that second growth spurt Rex…

30. michaelDC says: Mar 18, 2010 4:17 PM

As a Cowboys fan I really hope his dream comes true

31. smiley says: Mar 18, 2010 4:18 PM

Of course he wants to start!! If he said anything less shouldn’t he be fired? It’s called competition. Also, didn’t he help lead his team to the Super Bowl not too long ago? Hail!

32. Dewey Axewoond says: Mar 18, 2010 4:19 PM

@Jason
    Thank you for the relevant context–something Flo-hole and his cronies CONVENIENTLY seem to leave out in almost every article now.
    I know that biased, sensationlistic muckraking, speculation, misrepresentation of facts, lies, falsehoods, hyperbole, insinuation, innuendo, rumor-mongering, gossip-spreading, pandering, twisting, fasifying, labelling, libeling, stretching the truth, glossing over, besmirching, smearing, mudslinging, and deceit by omission are all par for the course for both lawyers AND NBC, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous.
    Rex is a lot of things, but one thing he’s NEVER been is cocky or classless.

33. RavensFreak00 says: Mar 18, 2010 4:26 PM

@gbooch10
    “No NFL is going to keep a non-competitive player on its roster. Pointless.”
    The Raiders do.

34. Tony Alexander says: Mar 18, 2010 4:27 PM

You can have Sandra… I will take Alyssa Milano.

35. DeeDubb says: Mar 18, 2010 4:33 PM

Oh yeah? I want Mike Florio to realize people come here for objective and relevant news not his corny ass jokes but that’s not working out to well either.

36. champ1315 says: Mar 18, 2010 4:53 PM

Newsflash: All NFL players want to start. Except for JaMarcus.

37. straverse says: Mar 18, 2010 4:56 PM

You guys are nuts. Have you seen Jason Campbell play? This should be a QB competition of Trent Edwards-Ryan Fitzpatrick proportion. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Grossman’s above Campbell on the depth chart come opening day.

38. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Mar 18, 2010 5:06 PM

is Jason Campbell a free agent?

39. SterilizeTHenry says: Mar 18, 2010 5:17 PM

And I want to be 6’5 with a full head of hair and six-pack abs.

40. Jabberwocky says: Mar 18, 2010 5:31 PM

And I want to be the Sultan of Brunei!

41. HellsGrimTyrant says: Mar 18, 2010 5:45 PM

And people in Hell want ice water

42. Start Colt Brennan says: Mar 18, 2010 5:49 PM

Read my user name…thats all I have to say

43. VASeahawk says: Mar 18, 2010 6:07 PM

So he signed a contract without even having a clue what his role is!?!?!?….Doesn’t build too much confidence in his decision making ability.

44. dahawkster813 says: Mar 18, 2010 6:17 PM

who does he want to start for ? the san fransisco ferries? that team off of baseketball?

45. tombrookshire says: Mar 18, 2010 6:41 PM

Nothing more pathetic than a guy who is delusional about his alleged abilities as an NFL quarterback.

46. Buck Stallion says: Mar 18, 2010 8:49 PM

Hey StartColtBrennen, he’s not on the Redskins anymore.

47. Start Colt Brennan says: Mar 19, 2010 5:45 PM

Actually Colt Brennen is still on the Redskins, check the depth chart. They released Todd Collins, Your thinking of Chase Daniel