Owen Daniels encouraged by contract talks

Speaking on the Jim Rome Show Wednesday, Texans tight end Owen Daniels didn’t sound like a player unhappy with his contract situation.

They had some real positive talks between my agent and management at the combine,” Daniels said, as transcribed by the Texans’ team website.

“They say they want to get something done. I’m assuming they’re going to have to wait ’til I get [medically] cleared and can do everything, but I looked at the high tender that they put on me, the max tender, as a really positive thing.”

Daniels sounded less excited about his second straight year of restricted free agency before the combine, but the latest talks have made a difference.

“I want to be in Houston. I love playing there, love the city, love playing for Coach [Gary] Kubiak. That’s where I want to be.”

Daniels sat out OTAs last year, but isn’t eager to do so again as he rehabs from a torn ACL.

“I’ll never say never to holding out, but it’s definitely something that I don’t want to do or be a part of,” Daniels said.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Houston Texans, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
6 Responses to “Owen Daniels encouraged by contract talks”
  1. FlyingHaggis says: Mar 24, 2010 7:58 PM

Owen Daniels is a Top 5 TE. If he isn’t signed by the Texans then we have no hope for next years playoffs

2. JaMarcus Russell #2 says: Mar 24, 2010 8:06 PM

I don’t get why teams jerk around good players like this guy. He does everthing that you want out of a football player and some. He is a guy that any team in the league would want. He is in the prime of his career— sign the guy to a good contract and reward a player for all their production and promise.

3. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Mar 24, 2010 8:08 PM

RIP Robert Culp
    The Greatest American Hero was nothing without you.
    ———————————————————-
    Schaub needs his Crumpler to continue his success.

4. covercorner7 says: Mar 24, 2010 9:36 PM

Owen Daniels deserves a long-term deal.

5. jackybadass says: Mar 25, 2010 1:41 AM

give owen the money or jerry jones will.

6. houstonmofo says: Mar 25, 2010 10:32 AM

Spoke with Owen the other day. I think he said 4-6 more weeks. He’s going to be a beast this season. And he’s exactly the type of player McNair/Kubiak wants in the locker room because he’s such a high character guy. He’ll get paid, deservedly so.