Brown nearly doubled legal blood alcohol level

A police report revealed Thursday by the Associated Press indicates Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown had a blood alcohol level of .158
when given a breath test last weekend.

The limit to legally drive in Georgia is
0.08 and Brown also failed a field sobriety test.

Brown was pulled over at 4:29 A.M and arrested for DUI. He has been attending Miami’s offseason conditioning program this week, but has yet to comment publicly on the matter.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
33 Responses to “Brown nearly doubled legal blood alcohol level”
  1. DonTerrelli says: Mar 25, 2010 6:19 PM

I blew a 0.18 and VA State Police let me find someone else to drive me home. Nice guys.

2. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says: Mar 25, 2010 6:20 PM

Attaguy

3. KILLER FIN says: Mar 25, 2010 6:23 PM

when he gets hurt AGAIN, then he can do his time & community service!!!

4. Challenger says: Mar 25, 2010 6:25 PM

That’s why you never blow…

5. cigarettej0nes says: Mar 25, 2010 6:27 PM

the same cops that arrested him drink and drive all the time!!!

6. SteelTown_6 says: Mar 25, 2010 6:28 PM

Double? Sounds like a certain “accuser” in Georgia.
    Oh wait, she was 2.5 times over
    ..my bad.

7. 3Ply Stagliano says: Mar 25, 2010 6:29 PM

For someone who has previously been one of the better behaved NFL players, this is very disappointing.

8. KingOkra says: Mar 25, 2010 6:33 PM

I think Sean Payton might have been with him.

9. dolphinfiegl99 says: Mar 25, 2010 6:33 PM

Ronnie Brown Dont Be A Dumbass Anymore!

10. cardsrule says: Mar 25, 2010 6:35 PM

I bet that is not all you blew to get off that night in VA.. nice going little boy blew..

11. cardsrule says: Mar 25, 2010 6:36 PM

nice

12. cardsrule says: Mar 25, 2010 6:37 PM

what else did you have to blow to get off in VA??

13. Jack Acid says: Mar 25, 2010 6:38 PM

At least he didn’t Stallworth.

14. thedude says: Mar 25, 2010 6:39 PM

At least he didn’t fire up at 4:20, or he’d be in more trouble.

15. CookieFlash says: Mar 25, 2010 6:53 PM

I blew a .09 and was pulled over by Ohio State Highway Patrol and was thrown on the cross.

16. Patriots51 says: Mar 25, 2010 6:56 PM

SteelTown_6 says:
    March 25, 2010 6:28 PM
    Double? Sounds like a certain “accuser” in Georgia.
    Oh wait, she was 2.5 times over
    ..my bad.

17. DieHardSkinsFan21 says: Mar 25, 2010 6:59 PM

@cardsrule
    Please write something else that is not funny at all.

18. HarrisonHits says: Mar 25, 2010 7:05 PM

These players who make millions and get arrested for dui have to be some of the stupidest people on the face of the planet.
    Its called a limo or a town car. If you have millions and intend to go out drinking pay for one. Period. The few hundred bucks that will cost you will be a hell of a lot cheaper than the attorney and other costs you will incur.
    WTF don’t these morons understand about that ?

19. jlstrumb says: Mar 25, 2010 7:08 PM

I live in Va, and a lot of cops here hate giving DUIs. Especially in Richmond, a cop will almost beg you to get a ride so they don’t have to do the paper work and take you in.

20. FlorioFanClubMember says: Mar 25, 2010 7:12 PM

Only a 0.158???? That’s pretty sad. I expect a little more out of a professional athlete.

21. FlorioFanClubMember says: Mar 25, 2010 7:14 PM

jlstrumb says:
    March 25, 2010 7:08 PM
    I live in Wisconsin and DUI’s are as common here as hookers are in Tiger Woods’ hotel room.

22. bunbun says: Mar 25, 2010 7:20 PM

How stupid is this guy??? Just take a cab. Idiot. I have never seen this guy, on tv or pics, just a swag but I would say this guy is young, black, a hiphop idiot and lower (numb fron the feet up)than average student only because he displays a total lack of basic sense. Idiot.

23. OscarMooseFarmer says: Mar 25, 2010 7:27 PM

@steel town 6: Yeah…what legal limit? She wasn’t driving….Most of us have probably been way the hell over the limit at a bar or on the couch.
    Now she was under 21 so by law she shouldn’t have been drinking at all, but being swedish I am automatically disqualified to comment on that….you guys thought the irish were a drunken people…

24. SteelTown_6 says: Mar 25, 2010 7:31 PM

“# Patriots51 says: March 25, 2010 6:56 PM
    Apparantly you have to sexually assult someone THREE times before your found guilty… Pittsburgh sucks”
    Apparently you have to cheat in THREE Super Bowls before you’re found guilty.
    New England sucks, the *’s stay.

25. Matt Cribbin says: Mar 25, 2010 7:34 PM

yeah, no excuse to be that rich and driving. Just no excuse. Call the cab company, tell them to bring two guys, one to drive your car for you and one to drive the cab.

26. Pervy Harvin says: Mar 25, 2010 7:53 PM

jlstrumb says:
    March 25, 2010 7:08 PM
    ————————————————–
    Really? Lucky! I won’t even entertain the thought of driving after a few drinks here in MN. These cops hand out DUIs like candy. They must get rewarded.

27. formerly dystopianow says: Mar 25, 2010 8:15 PM

@HarrisonHits
    “Period. The few hundred bucks that will cost you will be a hell of a lot cheaper than the attorney and other costs you will incur.
    WTF don’t these morons understand about that ?”
    From the looks of it you are brand new to the United States of America. From the Athletes perspective, “Why shell out a few hundred bucks when I get preferential treatment and will get off the hook for breaking the law.”

28. jetboy says: Mar 25, 2010 8:50 PM

really 0.0158 thats a few drinks, a cop can sit at the end of a street when you leave a wedding reception, that’s really a crappy charge, that can happen to you or me, I’m a JETS fan and hate the Dolphins but enough is a enough, what B.S CHARGE.

29. SterilizeTHenry says: Mar 25, 2010 9:24 PM

Thats really not that high of a BAC. I just had a few drinks at happy hour, drove home, and I am currently writing this message with a BAC of probably 0.10 to 0.12.

30. Jungle Juice says: Mar 25, 2010 9:32 PM

@DonTerreli
    You sure you were blowing on the breathalyzer?

31. SterilizeTHenry says: Mar 25, 2010 9:45 PM

Jungle Juice says:
    March 25, 2010 9:32 PM
    @DonTerreli
    You sure you were blowing on the breathalyzer?
    ————————————–
    LMAO!

32. Reggie'sBush says: Mar 25, 2010 11:31 PM

Oh how I miss Louisiana, with our drive through Daquiri shops and the ability to have open containers in the middle of the street.
    I even totaled my car on the I-10 while hammered, but since I miraculously didnt damage the other person’s car and they didnt want to press charges, the cop drove me to a gas station after the tow truck came to take my car.
    For bonus points, I’m hispanic and the cop was white. As per Tim Tebow, I was blessed.

33. TMZPhins says: Mar 26, 2010 1:16 AM

@ Jetboy
    Check your decimal point bud. .158 that’s hammered if you’re not an alcoholic.