Chris Johnson wants to be on cover of Madden, and more money

C.Johnson-3.jpgThe folks at Electronic Arts held a contest this year to determine the identity of the next Madden video game cover athlete.

The finalists were Vikings defensive end Jared Allen, Colts receiver Reggie Wayne, and Saints quarterback Drew Brees.  (Voting ended March 15.)  But another guy who didn’t make the final trio thinks he should be the player on the box.

Titans running back Chris Johnson.

“No one else deserve to be there but me,” Johnson told NBC Sports Digital General Manager Rick Cordella at the Interactive Sports Conference in Las Vegas.  “I set the record.”

Johnson also said he thinks he eventually should get a big raise.  “I feel like I should be the highest paid offensive player,” Johnson told Cordella.  “No one has done what I have done in the league in their first two seasons.”  (So, basically, Johnson told “Rick” that the Titans should “pay me.”)

Johnson also thinks that 2009 won’t be the only time he rushes for more than 2,000 yards.  “I did it early in my career and can do it again,” Johnson said.

And, of course, Johnson had a few things to say about his speed.  He thinks he should have a 100 speed rating in the Madden game, he ignores Maurice Jones-Drew’s belief that he’s faster than Johnson, and Johnson said he plans to race Usain Bolt in the 2011 offseason.  (Johnson’s plan to race Bolt in 2010 possibly was derailed by the fact that Bolt apparently has never heard of him.)

Meanwhile, Johnson had a couple of predictions for 2010.  He thinks that quarterback Vince Young “can get us to the promised land.” And Johnson offered up some advice to fantasy players.

“You have to take me first in your draft or you are going to lose.”

Permalink 119 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
119 Responses to “Chris Johnson wants to be on cover of Madden, and more money”
  1. last starfighter says: Mar 25, 2010 4:53 PM

he’s better than AP and makes way less. RB’s have short careers, he should ask for more.

2. aec4 says: Mar 25, 2010 4:53 PM

Only way he does it again is if the Titans have a bad year, and force feed him the ball at the end of the season to get him yards.

3. adeem4578 says: Mar 25, 2010 4:55 PM

Somebody needs to tell this asswipe to shut the f* up.

4. Tyler says: Mar 25, 2010 4:56 PM

Wow, the biggest EGO on Earth. Even knowing, how much he runs, I wouldn’t draft or sign such a prick.

5. Nathan says: Mar 25, 2010 4:56 PM

Say what you want about the other demands, he should have 100 speed in Madden… it’s pretty obvious watching him play that he’s the fastest player on the field at all times.

6. Ilovefoolsball says: Mar 25, 2010 4:56 PM

Vince Young will take you to the promise land of watching the playoffs at home.

7. Mark0226 says: Mar 25, 2010 4:56 PM

Chris Johnson love him some him.

8. wrekOgnize says: Mar 25, 2010 4:57 PM

Maybe his offensive line should be on the cover of Madden.

9. Tony Alexander says: Mar 25, 2010 4:57 PM

If Johnson makes the cover, which is highly unlikely considering EA already named it… fantasy owners will run for the “hillis” – that’s a play on words people, the Madden Curse is the real deal!

10. Nobe says: Mar 25, 2010 4:58 PM

The beginning of the end.

11. kravenm3 says: Mar 25, 2010 4:58 PM

Wow…glad to see Johnson is staying humble.

12. Phreakin says: Mar 25, 2010 4:58 PM

13. shukey11 says: Mar 25, 2010 4:59 PM

And we all thought mannings head was big

14. Hooby says: Mar 25, 2010 4:59 PM

the madden curse lives on if you dont count larry fitzgerald, and im in a ppr league so ray rice is the best bet to break fantasy records…what with that astounding pass game in baltimore

15. Martin Keamy says: Mar 25, 2010 4:59 PM

I hope not. He’s already rated 99 in everything ever on Madden. He’s probably the best quarterback, wide reciever, tight end, and can single handedly play the entire offensive line. Sarcasm. Just saying he’s over rated. Lets see him block any defensive end (or any CB for that matter)…lets see him run up the middle. Then i’ll crown him king.

16. Dixon29 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:00 PM

Immediately after this interview his head blew up.
    What a jackass. Honestly? Me,me,me,me,me.
    Dude will never hit 2,000 again. Ask Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Jamal Lewis,Terrell Davis, and O.J how easy it is to do twice.

17. opionatEd says: Mar 25, 2010 5:00 PM

Wow hearing this makes me want to see this guy get on the cover and get the “curse”

18. RuggSkins says: Mar 25, 2010 5:00 PM

Wow!!!! What a cocky fool

19. Evpimp says: Mar 25, 2010 5:02 PM

“There is a turd in the punch bowl!”

20. r8rsfan says: Mar 25, 2010 5:03 PM

Humility is his greatest quality.

21. Jose Reyes says: Mar 25, 2010 5:03 PM

Love this guy, as douchey as he is, he backs it up.

22. Robert says: Mar 25, 2010 5:04 PM

In other words, “I don’t want to play this year…I want to be on injured reserve.”
    What part of “Madden Curse” does he not comprehend?

23. Stillerz says: Mar 25, 2010 5:04 PM

“Johnson he should eventually should get a big raise.”
    Dont quote him too much Florio, you are starting to talk like him…

24. Raider Pride says: Mar 25, 2010 5:04 PM

Video Games Are Chewing Gum For The Mind.
    Read a book kids… Read a book.

25. quadya says: Mar 25, 2010 5:04 PM

you know…at first hearing this CJ get off was fresh and cool, funny even. now its just getting old. im over it. the more he talks about how good he is the more annyoing he is.

26. Bob Nelson says: Mar 25, 2010 5:04 PM

Just as the Madden Cover Curse hit Brett Favre in 2008, it will surely hit Drew Brees or Reggie Wayne.

27. boltballs says: Mar 25, 2010 5:04 PM

So should we all start to call him Chris Veinteocho now also? lol

28. Saintnation says: Mar 25, 2010 5:05 PM

Well, at least he is humble.

29. Joeyjoejoeshabadooooo says: Mar 25, 2010 5:08 PM

just another guy in it ONLY for the money.

30. PurpleSanta says: Mar 25, 2010 5:08 PM

Chris Johnson = What is wrong with professional athletes. What a douche.

31. StickyGreen says: Mar 25, 2010 5:09 PM

The guy is unbelievable on the football field, but every time he opens his mouth I like him less.. He must be getting humble lessons from Kanye West

32. RuggSkins says: Mar 25, 2010 5:10 PM

Great… another NFL player I get to hate

33. jgreeds says: Mar 25, 2010 5:11 PM

i hope he snaps his leg in half in the first game without the Madden cover. there’s something about this fool i just don’t like

34. BKILBY13 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:11 PM

Johnson said he plans to race Usain Bolt in the 2011 offseason.
    Slow down CJ. You don’t want a piece of the Bolt.

35. RexRyan'sStressedLapband says: Mar 25, 2010 5:12 PM

I would make a snide comment about how Chris Johnson is an arrogant annoyance, but unless the interviewer cleaned up his quotes, he’s more articulate than I ever would have imagined.
    I expected:
    Cordella: So, Chris, how do you feel about being left out of the final three for the Madden 11 cover?
    CJ: Man, fk dat. I’m tied a’peeps always dispectin me. I’m off da chaynes.
    This is me, pleasantly surprised. So go ahead Chris, be arrogant. At least you can express that arrogance without sounding like nails on a chalk board.

36. Emoney says: Mar 25, 2010 5:13 PM

Wow. This is one of the cockiest players I’ve seen in a long time. Rush for 2000 yards and now he thinks he’s the greatest running back of all time.
    Perhaps if the Titans had a passing game, he wouldn’t of had to run for so many yards.

37. dolphinfiegl99 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:13 PM

I Think Drew Brees Ends Up On The Cover!
    He Took The Saints To Their 1st Superbowl And They Won!

38. Ron Dayne's Strict Diet says: Mar 25, 2010 5:15 PM

“You have to take me first in your draft or you are going to lose.”
    Tough to argue with that.

39. HarrisonHits says: Mar 25, 2010 5:15 PM

What an obnoxious idiot. Its one thing to be confident in yourself but another to have an ego the size of the Titanic.

40. QJ1984 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:15 PM

What is it with guys who have the last name Johnson and ego’s.
    This guy is a good player but the more he opens his mouth the more I dislike the guy.

41. jbwbubba says: Mar 25, 2010 5:15 PM

Chris,
    T.O. called says even he thinks your full of it.

42. drew10 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:15 PM

He’s more hood than good… and he’s real good.

43. BIG BLUE in tx says: Mar 25, 2010 5:17 PM

So Drew Brees it is. Madden’s a sucker for feel good stories of undersized QB’s leading historically bad franchises to the promise land over elite franchises.

44. Adam David says: Mar 25, 2010 5:17 PM

Upon ready this.. all i can say.. is wow.. just wow..

45. BroncFanOr says: Mar 25, 2010 5:18 PM

The guy is one knee injury away from being a has been, he needs to just shut his mouth and play.
    GOD I despise athletes.

46. GB3Pack4 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:18 PM

Chris Johnson – the “I am who am” of football.
    Loved his play, hated his mouth, beginning midway through the season and now continuing into the next.

47. eballa1 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:18 PM

It was fun watching him run all over the field in the playoffs … wait

48. Tony Snow says: Mar 25, 2010 5:19 PM

I would say he was only in it for the money, but in that blowout in New England last year….. he was the only one that kept playing ….the rest of the team pretty much gave up. With that being said, …he needs to cash in now, because that will be happening alot in years to come,….diminishing any possibility of maximum returns. IMO!

49. Pervy Harvin says: Mar 25, 2010 5:20 PM

Chris Johnson just always comes off like an egotistical POS. He should take some lessons from a man named AD on being humble.
    And for you tools that are so fast to make him the best back in the NFL……AD WILL have more yards than Mr’ 30 inch rims next season.Remember I said it!

50. mitchblue says: Mar 25, 2010 5:22 PM

He barely got 2000 yards and the Titans have already said they want to lighten his load so another 2k, no fk’n chance.
    And make the playoffs and maybe you get on a cover.

51. Jfox12 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:22 PM

Cocky bastard! I used to like him…Play out your contract jagoff. If you sign for a fortune and stink it up, you won’t be quick to offer a refund. Shut your mouth before you look more ridiculus than you do now.

52. KingOkra says: Mar 25, 2010 5:23 PM

The truly disturbing part about giving him more money is that he’d buy more cars like the one featured on yahoo.com a week ago with the 20-something-inch rims and that awesome bright green and yellow paint job. He’s the best offensive player in football? Um…Drew Brees, Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, hell, Farve (if he playes like last year)…need I go on. Chris, you’re good, just not highest-paid good. Nothing against you, bro, but playing rb is nothing like playing qb. We’ll check back with you in three years and see how you’re doing.

53. Buff_bronc_fan says: Mar 25, 2010 5:23 PM

So glad this guy plays for the Titans and not a team I cheer for. He is the poster boy for dumb jocks everywhere. Chris Johnson makes Ochocinco look like a Rhodes Scholar.

54. VernonK says: Mar 25, 2010 5:23 PM

Wow… Every time this guy opens his mouth I wonder if he needs to see someone about his self esteem issues. I can’t believe he thinks so poorly of himself. Somebody needs to give that guy a hug.

55. KingOkra says: Mar 25, 2010 5:24 PM

Crap, I almost forgot. Sean Payton is the reason Chris didn’t make it into the final three for the Madden cover. Damn him.

56. Occam says: Mar 25, 2010 5:24 PM

Chris Johnson is about as stupid as a person can be and still be considered ‘functional.’
    And even he is smarter than people who believe in curses.

57. NinersRule! says: Mar 25, 2010 5:31 PM

Keep stroking that ego while you can cuz you only have a couple more years at the top

58. DerekLutz says: Mar 25, 2010 5:32 PM

“No one else deserve to be there but me” – maybe, if there was a Caveman video game.
    C.J., check your defense, you’re not going to the promised land.

59. rAiDeR 2 BeGiN wItH says: Mar 25, 2010 5:32 PM

He should get more money but there’s way you deal with it.. Between you your agent and management.. And 100 speed on madden don’t worry you will have that crown.. Yes he has a ego swagger but he’s proven his word so far.. So i guess you can’t shut him up.

60. Stetson wears panties says: Mar 25, 2010 5:33 PM

He’s good, don’t get me wrong, but if he was as good as he thought he was, he’d be better than a combo of Sayers, Riggins, Emmitt, Barry, AP, Earl Campbell, Dickerson, and insert 3 backs of your choice here.
    Grow the fu©k up and then shut the fu©k up.

61. Iscull says: Mar 25, 2010 5:34 PM

Hahahaha I love this guy. He has a grill too.

62. Babie Hoodie says: Mar 25, 2010 5:34 PM

Maybe we can vote CJ in as the next President following Obama?

63. Killswitch2606 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:34 PM

What a dick… There’s confidence, and then there’s Chris Johnson. Honestly, no-one’s impressed man..

64. FumbleNuts says: Mar 25, 2010 5:35 PM

He should give some credit where credit is due! You had some nice blocking going on, dude.

65. Alzado's Vein says: Mar 25, 2010 5:35 PM

Moron should learn how to speak proper English.

66. Dogsweat says: Mar 25, 2010 5:40 PM

Put him on the cover of Mad Magazine.

67. Cincinnasty says: Mar 25, 2010 5:40 PM

He will see his payday when his rookie contract is up… However I don’t agree with that… This should be looked at like the Josh Cribb’s situation..

68. wyobroncoboy says: Mar 25, 2010 5:46 PM

adeem4578 says:
    March 25, 2010 4:55 PM
    Somebody needs to tell this asswipe to shut the f* up.
    Tyler says:
    March 25, 2010 4:56 PM
    My two new heroes. I didn’t even need to post you said it all for me.

69. FreeAgentPro says: Mar 25, 2010 5:47 PM

I forsee an injury intercepting this this loudmouth as he tries to climb his pedestal.

70. jimicos says: Mar 25, 2010 5:55 PM

No shortage of confidence here… Johnson should take a cue from Barry Sanders.
    Hell, everyone should take a cue from Barry Sanders. But especially this guy.

71. btg19 says: Mar 25, 2010 5:56 PM

“This guy will be insignificant in the next 2 years. AP tore it up his rookie year too. And look at whats happened since. And CJ’s diva attitude is already getting stale.”
    Huh? There’s an awful lot of wrong in this little post. First, 2009 was CJ’s 2nd year. Second, Look at what’s happend since AD’s rookie year? 1700 yards in year two with 10+ td’s and 1400 yards in year three with 18 td’s.
    Totally fell off the map!

72. jimicos says: Mar 25, 2010 6:00 PM

Pervy Harvin says:
    March 25, 2010 5:20 PM
    ————————–
    It’s easy to be humble when you put the ball on the ground in crucial situations…

73. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Mar 25, 2010 6:03 PM

he can do it again though, but his ego is the same size as Florio

74. jaywon says: Mar 25, 2010 6:04 PM

He’s arrogant, but he’s right…about the Madden cover anyways

75. IAVikefan says: Mar 25, 2010 6:09 PM

If he gets more money, will he invest in classes to learn to speak proper english?

76. KM91 says: Mar 25, 2010 6:09 PM

Maybe him and T.O. should share a Madden cover. Then again, their collective egos might make the whole box explode.

77. this class sucks says: Mar 25, 2010 6:12 PM

Sorry Chris. Now days Super Bowls are won by good QBs and consistent defenses no RBs. Although him an Tim Lincecum should become friends.

78. prmpft says: Mar 25, 2010 6:13 PM

…i hope he blows his knee out – in training camp!!!

79. _ROCKSTAR_ says: Mar 25, 2010 6:15 PM

I think I should be on Madden cause I kick ass at it. Besides Brees has thrown more INT’s than I did last year.

80. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says: Mar 25, 2010 6:21 PM

That, my friends, is a thinker

81. spartyfi says: Mar 25, 2010 6:23 PM

“Raider Pride says:
    March 25, 2010 5:04 PM
    Video Games Are Chewing Gum For The Mind.
    Read a book kids… Read a book.”
    and watching the raiders is just plain $h1+ for brains!

82. DasRipper says: Mar 25, 2010 6:23 PM

Sorry Chris, but you will never make as much money as AD, while AD can barely talk, you make him sound like a professional orator…and which corporate sponsor wants your mouf full of gold representing their product? No one.
    So either quit acting like a thug and get paid, or don’t…I don’t really care.
    Keep it real CJ.

83. anonymous says: Mar 25, 2010 6:34 PM

95% of the people who commented on this are retarded…dude makes less than Leonard weaver by MILES and has better stats than AP in his first two year and you wouldn’t want a raise? Dudes got 6 years left…get money as fast as possible…if LT couldn’t do it consistently at that level after 30 nobody can…youre seriously all girls if you get offended by his cockiness…until it disrupts the team there should be no problem with it…Deion sanders anybody? Jesus…spare me

84. Old School says: Mar 25, 2010 6:39 PM

This guy is as arrogant as Favre and Obama.

85. cbell618 says: Mar 25, 2010 6:52 PM

… and he should be on the cover of da kool-aid packets. Da good Grape Kool-Aid packet…

86. prmpft says: Mar 25, 2010 6:57 PM

anonymous –
    maybe you’ll blow your knee out & can rehab w/ your boy – but the what would i know – i’m a retard…let’s see what he’s made of when there’s a problem – he’ll be a NOBODY – because he has nothing to draw upon but raw ability – i’m gonna go out on a limb & say there’s no substance there – he’ll be WORTHLESS…(see favre, brett / williams, carnell / thomas, pierre / warnr, kurt…et. al.)…jocks he couldn’t carry – he’s the guy parkin’ in the handicapped slot who isn’t handicapped – track me there – pos…

87. NinerNation says: Mar 25, 2010 6:57 PM

anonymous-
    It’s not that people think he shouldn’t get more money, I doubt you’ll find a person that thinks he isn’t worth it. The problem, is that CJ said he should be the highest paid player…which is insane, and idiotic. Had he simply asked for a reasonable pay raise, everyone would agree…however, he’s claiming to be the best, and most important player in the league…which is just ridiculous.

88. RavenAttack says: Mar 25, 2010 6:59 PM

Chris Johnson, be careful what you wish for. He has a point but if he knows the history of the players that end up on the Madden cover, it’s not good. Just ask Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Shaun Alexander (Where is he?), Marshall Faulk. Also players from a team that is on the cover, that team loses that player and a chance to go to the players in that season. He needs to check his ego at the door.

89. Facts Domino says: Mar 25, 2010 7:00 PM

Loud mouth joke.
    4.2 40
    4.2 wonderlic.

90. CanadianVikingFan says: Mar 25, 2010 7:00 PM

What a bitch, this guy’s ego is too much, rivals Brett Favres. Someone should put this guy down, come on “No one else deserves to be there but me.” Really? Burn in hell, and thank your offensive line for those huge holes you asshat.

91. MagicMan407 says: Mar 25, 2010 7:02 PM

Gotta luv dem Olympia grads from Orlando FL!lol

92. brasho says: Mar 25, 2010 7:05 PM

Nobody has done what he has done in his first two seasons? Is he really that ignorant?
    Season 1 for Eric Dickerson in 1984-1808 yards
    Season 2 for Eric Dickerson in 1985-2105 yards (and THIS IS THE RECORD!)

93. Dave M. says: Mar 25, 2010 7:11 PM

I love how football fans want to shit on people they don’t even know. Unless you’ve met the man (Side Note: I have when he played with ECU) then y’all really don’t know nothing. I love his attitude. It’s well deserved. Don’t talk shit if you can’t back it up, and CJ28 can back it up.

94. CJCrazyLegs28 says: Mar 25, 2010 7:20 PM

If I remember correctly, he was talking about how good he was last year and how he’ll get 2000 yards. You all laughed at his comments and were saying he had one decent rookie season and he’ll be irrelevant if he keeps talking. We saw what happened. He may be very cocky, but he backs it up on the field.

95. Kenneth says: Mar 25, 2010 7:35 PM

I will not lie, This Jaguar fans hopes and prays you get the cover this and every year !!

96. jimicos says: Mar 25, 2010 8:03 PM

brasho says:
    March 25, 2010 7:05 PM
    Season 1 for Eric Dickerson in 1984-1808 yards
    Season 2 for Eric Dickerson in 1985-2105 yards (and THIS IS THE RECORD!)
    —————————-
    For what it’s worth, Dickerson also fumbled 27 times in his first two years. Johnson’s fumbled 4 times in his first two years.
    And I believe the record Johnson’s referring to is the yards from scrimmage record he broke.
    @anonymous: No one’s saying he shouldn’t get paid more money. We’re saying he needs to shut his mouth a little bit and find some humility.
    If Bolt actually does race him–which is doubtful–he’ll find some humility in short order. Johnson’s damn fast, but I don’t think there’s a anyone in the NFL capable of beating Bolt over 100 meters.

97. jimicos says: Mar 25, 2010 8:03 PM

brasho says:
    March 25, 2010 7:05 PM
    Season 1 for Eric Dickerson in 1984-1808 yards
    Season 2 for Eric Dickerson in 1985-2105 yards (and THIS IS THE RECORD!)
    —————————-

98. imseantaylor says: Mar 25, 2010 8:14 PM

CJ’s next Twitter post: “I b da best playa 4realz yal! Giv CJ dem lovez dat he b deservin! I fast!”

99. FinFan says: Mar 25, 2010 8:14 PM

I wanna be on the cover of the roooollllinnnggg sttttoooonnnee

100. Dickcheese says: Mar 25, 2010 8:30 PM

What record is he talking about? He hit 2,000, bit did not get Dickersons single season record.
    I would take a premiere QB or LT over a premiere HB any day of the week and twice on Sunday. As long as you can get a Ray Rice in the 3rd round then I would not overvalue the position.
    Preferrably he would share some of the credit with Mawae, M. Roos, and D. Stewart, but I guess he’s just not that type of cat.

101. Ravenmaniac says: Mar 25, 2010 8:50 PM

Dies this guy ever shut up? As much campaigning he does for himself, he should be a politician….

102. favre uses allens mullet as handlebars says: Mar 25, 2010 8:56 PM

Pervy Harvin says:
    March 25, 2010 5:20 PM
    ===================================
    More yards maybe. More FUMBLES ABSOLUTELY! AP isnt even in on 3rd downs cause he cant catch. Hows that All Day?
    I mean he could run his mouth and NOT back it up like Ocho Stinko.

103. Rothlestool says: Mar 25, 2010 9:27 PM

If he does get on the cover, will South Park make a parody of him like Tiger. Have Elin come up behind CJ pounding him with a golf club, and have Cartman use a Pre-Nup power up.

104. g_antonio says: Mar 25, 2010 9:30 PM

check out his new wheels http://thetickr.com/post/460214461/chris-johnson-is-ridin-dirty-with-his-new-wheels

105. CityByTheLake19 says: Mar 25, 2010 9:50 PM

Lets see I was the last pick in the first round last year and I got Drew Brees and Chris Johnson in back to back picks and I lost 1 time in fantasy! 15-1, CHAMPIONSHIP!!! thank you Homeless Pirate

106. GoBrowns19 says: Mar 25, 2010 10:09 PM

Madden sucks. It keeps freezing on me every time I have a good game going!

107. drumbug71 says: Mar 25, 2010 10:19 PM

No one else deserves to be on the cover? The arrogance is that he’s discounting all of the work and achievements of the other hundreds of NFL players this past season.
    The other three were chosen because they made contributions to playoff teams, when it really matters. If he’s so great, he should be doing more to get his team to the playoffs.
    And you’re not going to take a paycut if you play poorly one season, or if you got injured, would you? You signed that contract, so play it out and then start negotiating.

108. ALLDAY says: Mar 25, 2010 10:49 PM

You are awesome… but dont be a doushe.

109. jimicos says: Mar 25, 2010 11:21 PM

CityByTheLake19 says:
    March 25, 2010 9:50 PM
    ————————–
    I was curious how you did in your fantasy league this season. Thanks for filling us all in.

110. R.A.K. says: Mar 25, 2010 11:55 PM

A little humility wouldn’t hurt, CJ. Yes- you were awesome last year, but here’s a little reality check: #1 there’s NO WAY you deserve to be the highest paid offensive player in the league (Payton Manning and Tom Brady immediately come to mind). #2 if you are unhappy with your paycheck, you have no one to blame except for yourself and your agent. So…shut up, play ball, and honor your contract.

111. mr_snrub says: Mar 26, 2010 1:30 AM

Usain Bolt, were it not for some once every four year event we would never have heard of you.
    Regards,
    The United States

112. PatFic says: Mar 26, 2010 1:39 AM

100 Speed
    20 Intelligence
    Can you imagine just how dumb as sh!t conversations between he and Wonderlic must sound?

113. cbrianwatkins says: Mar 26, 2010 8:45 AM

i made a mockery of the guy’s fantasy team who had johnson in our championship game this past year
    and all i had was cedric benson and marion barber, although it didnt hurt having Aaron Rodgers, Miles Austin and Reggie Wayne
    hahahahahahahaha

114. This is not news says: Mar 26, 2010 11:43 AM

Chris Johnson is confident.

115. Onderin says: Mar 26, 2010 5:01 PM

Funny enough, I traded Chris Johnson away on my fantasy team for Larry Fitzgerald and ended up winning it all.
    In a way I have to thank him for being valuable enough to balance out my team.

116. ccoolahan14 says: Mar 26, 2010 6:43 PM

@Dickcheese- Ray Rice was a 2nd round pick.
    @PervyHarvin- Ray Rice is the second best RB in the league. He was second in the league last year in all-purpose yards (behind Johnson) and was second in yards per carry among featured backs (behind Johnson). He had significantly less fumbles than Peterson, led his team in receptions, meant significantly more to his offense than Peterson, is a better blocker, had a worse offensive line, and played better defenses. Take away reputation and media bias, and Ray Rice is the second best RB in the league.

117. kurtismantronik says: Mar 26, 2010 11:22 PM

I can’t believe all the hate. This guy is a king on the football field and shows up to play every week. He’s earned the right to talk. He isn’t any more required to be humble than any of you are entitled to his humility. Be bold.

118. Dustin Chandler says: Mar 27, 2010 4:15 PM

Football needs more trash talk like this…
    I miss it.

119. smithopher says: Mar 28, 2010 8:22 AM

I want to see Darrelle Revis on a cover of Madden one year. That’d be sick. As for Chris Johnson, that was a great season but we’ve seen players break off big numbers and never hit them again too. Ladainian Tomlinson was being praised as the greatest in the league for a brief time and he’s been washed up for a year or two now. Let’s see some longevity before we talk so highly of this guy.