Tebow's dad thinks son will go in top 15 picks

The consensus now surrounding Tim Tebow’s draft stock is that he won’t make it out of the second round.  His father, Bob Tebow, thinks he’ll go a lot higher than that.

“If the Jaguars don’t take him at 10, he’ll be gone by 15,” Bob Tebow told Sam Kouvaris of 1010XL in Jacksonville last week.  (Click column “Is Tim coming here?” for full story.)

Don’t assume these are simply the words of a biased father. I have heard similar rumors that members of Tebow’s camp are convinced, right or wrong, he will go in the top half of the first round

Yes, this could easily be predraft scuttlebutt aimed at getting a team to jump on Tebow.  But Bob Tebow’s matter of fact confidence comes from somewhere.

I’ve heard enough information from a separate source that makes me believe Tebow has a better chance of getting taken in the first round than the Mock Draft Mafia believes.

At the very least, clearly Tebow thinks he will be drafted that high.

Permalink 132 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Draft, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
132 Responses to “Tebow's dad thinks son will go in top 15 picks”
  1. raiders177 says: Mar 26, 2010 10:57 AM

Thats nice.

2. hnirobert says: Mar 26, 2010 10:57 AM

… of the 3rd round.

3. bigdaddywaite says: Mar 26, 2010 10:57 AM

What is this guy smoking? Tebow has bust written all over him!

4. iamballen says: Mar 26, 2010 10:59 AM

My mom thought I was going to be a Doctor.
    And I’m posting comments with you fools.

5. drumbug71 says: Mar 26, 2010 10:59 AM

I think that, if Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers had long free falls on draft day, this report just sets up Tebow for a similar experience.
    But in this case, he’s going to fall to the late second or 3rd round.

6. DJRYAN says: Mar 26, 2010 11:00 AM

I’m glad I’m not the only one that believes the Jaguars should take Tebow at 10. Well, maybe trade back and take him a little higher. But nonetheless, Tebow should be wearing Teal next year. The reason? Because the Jaguars need a player in which they could gravitate towards. Sure MJD and David Garrard are Jacksonville favorites, but Tebow? This would be like Boseli Smith, and Brunell all lumped into one player and the fans- however biased, would be ectatic. With that being said, Florio, may I have your job now?

7. CapsLockKey says: Mar 26, 2010 11:01 AM

I heard Jesus is already in talks with NY about trading into the 15 spot if Tebow falls.

8. kuze says: Mar 26, 2010 11:01 AM

Picks 10-15:
    Jags, Broncos, Dolphins, 49ers, Seahawks, Giants
    I doubt any of those teams will select him in the first.

9. Memp! says: Mar 26, 2010 11:01 AM

and the Tebow haters say…

10. Jeff says: Mar 26, 2010 11:02 AM

When you have a chance to draft Jesus you have to take it.

11. GreenAsGrass says: Mar 26, 2010 11:02 AM

rosenthal you are high. NO chance any team wastes a 1st round pick on a tweener.

12. BDiddy says: Mar 26, 2010 11:03 AM

I’m not saying it won’t happen, but anyone who takes Tebow before the 4th round will be sorely disappointed when they realize that he can’t just run over NFL defenders the way he did in college. Oh, and also he can’t throw.

13. Big Stretch says: Mar 26, 2010 11:03 AM

Maybe God told him

14. AllThat says: Mar 26, 2010 11:04 AM

Top 15 picks for the office of “The Pope” maybe.

15. anjelmanning says: Mar 26, 2010 11:04 AM

The Denver Broncos

16. irishgary says: Mar 26, 2010 11:04 AM

A first round pick on Tebow is gonna be a big mistake.

17. HowIronic says: Mar 26, 2010 11:05 AM

Well I’m glad he has his father’s blessings.

18. Bob S. says: Mar 26, 2010 11:05 AM

Proof positive that he has deluded himself!

19. jersey73 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:05 AM

I’ve heard enough about Tim Tebow…almost makes me pine for the Brett Favre articles.

20. hizzle1281 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:06 AM

top 15 in the 6th??

21. COWBOY KEITH says: Mar 26, 2010 11:06 AM

The only reason a team take him is to sell tickets. PERIOD. He’s another Danny Wuerffel aka “awful”

22. Gautam says: Mar 26, 2010 11:07 AM

Whether they get a good QB or not, the team that drafts him is guaranteed to get a very dedicated and determined player. This guy will pull no stops to prove us wrong.

23. onesweetworld says: Mar 26, 2010 11:07 AM

I repeat the Jaguars WILL NOT select a 3rd string QB with the 10th pick in the draft

24. RumorMongering says: Mar 26, 2010 11:09 AM

God thinks Tebow will go #1. Joseph and Peter aren’t so sure.

25. BIG BLUE in tx says: Mar 26, 2010 11:10 AM

There are three better prospects then Tebow, Bradford, Clausin, and Pike. And Pike probably won’t be a first rounder. McCoy might even go before Tebow, but Tebow is the better long-term prospect then McCoy.

26. BuckFigBen says: Mar 26, 2010 11:11 AM

There’s a better chance we read a news article that says “Tim Tebow, high on crack cocaine, forcefully impregnates a stripper during a threesome at a death metal concert” instead of reading “Tim Tebow drafted 10th overall”

27. StickyGreen says: Mar 26, 2010 11:11 AM

Seriously.. Tebow’s dad. So every time Tebow gets mentioned by anyone anywhere it’s worthy to write an article about it. Tebow is already a hated by many. By the time he actually steps on a football field he will only have the bible thumpers supporting him.

28. billsfan1 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:11 AM

i absolutely think this is possible….god, Matt Jones got drafted in the 1st round and yes, he was switching positions but he was an average college qb at best……maybe slightly above average but nothing more…. someone will jump on Tebow early

29. buckifan4life says: Mar 26, 2010 11:12 AM

He better wake up…

30. shoe says: Mar 26, 2010 11:12 AM

Of course he will……GM who drafts him is drafting a SB ring.

31. marcduke says: Mar 26, 2010 11:13 AM

Awww, that’s sweet – misguided and delusional, but sweet

32. fivetwos says: Mar 26, 2010 11:14 AM

Oh yeah? Well MY Dad says I’m going in the top TEN.

33. ninjapleazee says: Mar 26, 2010 11:16 AM

LOL and I thought Ronnie Brown was drunk

34. FinFanatic says: Mar 26, 2010 11:19 AM

Tim Tebow’s Dad is a complete moron then.

35. seventy7 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:19 AM

He has no chance, unless Jesus himself decides to buy a team that holds one of those picks

36. RadrHatr says: Mar 26, 2010 11:20 AM

Let’s all say a prayer that he doesn’t go to our favorite team! I’ll say one thing for the kid, he knows how to stay in the news!

37. slutnuts says: Mar 26, 2010 11:20 AM

tebow’s dad’s name is Bob. that would make Urban his mother than, huh.

38. Playoffs?! says: Mar 26, 2010 11:21 AM

LOL! Pass the blunt, Mr. Tebow. Seriously….no way he goes in the Top 15

39. joemac1114 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:21 AM

And I thought those Fundementalist Christian types didn’t use acid.

40. jordan4440 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:22 AM

I want that 30 seconds of my life back that it took to read this stupid article. I also want the 20 seconds it took me to type this back. Get a new job Rosenthal.

41. Pervy Harvin says: Mar 26, 2010 11:23 AM

Tebow is going 23 to the Packers. Ted wants him solely for the power of Tebow prayer to compete with the Vikings. Mike McCarthy wants him to bless the failing Golden Corral in hopes of not losing another buffet option.

42. Kirmie says: Mar 26, 2010 11:23 AM

Somebody is banking on the Jags.

43. Acrimonious1 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:24 AM

Why would he get drafted that high? Who wants a winner, leader, hard worker, easily taught, level headed player? Thats just ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!

44. KnuckleBucket says: Mar 26, 2010 11:25 AM

gotta love the spin…

45. aec4 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:25 AM

Do they have random drug screening for parents of potential draftees?

46. Chapnasty2 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:25 AM

Hey Mr. Tebow, I think my son, who hasn’t been born yet will be drafted #1 overall. It’s called hoping for the best. But you can hope in one hand and crap in another and see which gets filled first!

47. Adam David says: Mar 26, 2010 11:25 AM

He only said this cause his uniform number is 15..
    BTW anyone else find it Ironic that Tim Teblow’s combine result for the 3 cone drill was 6.66 seconds..

48. Cereal Blogger says: Mar 26, 2010 11:26 AM

Well, he is blessed

49. The Real Shuxion says: Mar 26, 2010 11:30 AM

seventy7 says:
    March 26, 2010 11:19 AM
    ————————————————-
    Opposing owner: “The kick is going wide right.”
    Jesus: “Yes….or is it?”
    Jesus directs the football between the goal posts.
    Jesus: “Boo-Yah”

50. 6goingon7 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:32 AM

Sigh…I know that its the offseason and non-sexual assault related football news is hard to come by. And I realize that the draft is a subject worth talking/reading about….but a piece about where an athlete’s FATHER thinks he will go followed by a statement about whether or not “this could easily be predraft scuttlebutt aimed at getting a team to jump on Tebow”???
    I’m not usually one to speak for other people, especially football -gossip-site readers….but c’mon PFT give us a break. This is trash.

51. PinesRob says: Mar 26, 2010 11:32 AM

Top 15 of the redneck south florida church league

52. DoctorK says: Mar 26, 2010 11:33 AM

The two QBs that most here rank ahead of him are the ones who have “bust” all over them, especially Claussen. I’d compare him to Rick Mirer but I tend to think Mirer will ultimately be looked at as the better pro.
    Meanwhile, Tebow is simply bigger, stronger, more agile, smarter and more athletic. He’s going to make someone very happy on draft day.

53. Rasta says: Mar 26, 2010 11:33 AM

Bob Tebow should keep his mouth shut., he is just Tim’s step dad, Jesus is Tim’s Father and God is his grandfather That’s why he is so blessed

54. KingJoe! says: Mar 26, 2010 11:33 AM

Tebow goes between picks 56-90, no sooner.

55. clintcooper says: Mar 26, 2010 11:33 AM

He’ll be in the top 15 in the second round.

56. 6goingon7 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:34 AM

“Daaaad!!! Not in front of the guys!! Gee Whiz!”

57. ArtModellsPimp says: Mar 26, 2010 11:35 AM

Maybe the Browns will trade back into the 1st Round with Jerrah Jones…AGAIN.
    And, then maybe, Mike Florio’s little blog will become a legit pro football news outlet, too…

58. cbrianwatkins says: Mar 26, 2010 11:38 AM

Tebow could possibly go in the first round, even in the middle of the 1st round……as a TE
    no way this kid who need to work on his QB skills gets taken higher than actual QB’s

59. sguy2130 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:40 AM

Which round was his father referring to? 4?

60. irishgary says: Mar 26, 2010 11:40 AM

I wonder if someone doesn’t take him in the first round Will Urban want to fight all 32 GM’s?

61. flipside715 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:40 AM

why would the jaguars draft a QB?!? QB is one of the few positions that’s actually stable…draft a stud DL or LB, don’t throw away your draft on this limp wrist piece of shit

62. JoshMac28 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:43 AM

In other news, my mom thinks I am the nicest guy in the world.

63. Gregjennings85 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:44 AM

Peter King loves Tebow.
    Memorable King quotes:
    __________________________________
    “Don’t go, Christiane Amanpour. Don’t leave CNN.”
    –Peter King, March 22, 2010
    __________________________________
    “Renee Montgomery was so good last night for UConn that I started to think: There’re about 15 NBA teams that could use her. What a shooter. What a floor leader.”
    –Peter King, April 6th, 2009
    __________________________________
    (Talking about Jay Cutler)
    “I’ll never praise trading a 25-year-old quarterback coming off a 4,000-yard season and possessing the best arm in football.”
    –Peter King, April 6th, 2009
    __________________________________
    “I don’t see Jay Cutler getting traded.”
    –Peter King, March 23rd, 2009
    __________________________________
    “I think Cade McNown’s going to be good. Really good.”
    – Peter King, April 18, 1999

64. favrecansuckit says: Mar 26, 2010 11:44 AM

Any GM stupid enough to draft Tebow in the 1st round would probably let his underage daughter hang out with Big Ben as well.

65. goodellBLOWS says: Mar 26, 2010 11:46 AM

The dude is a WINNER & a CLASS act……… people like that always succeed! Tebow & all his gator nation crazies will find a way to crash the party on Thursday night!
    TEBOW-TEBOW-TEBOW!

66. ninjapleazee says: Mar 26, 2010 11:47 AM

this has been the BEST responses I’ve ever read on this site… I’m laughing so hard right now..

67. Tikkanen says: Mar 26, 2010 11:48 AM

Why draft him in the first round and pay him first rounder money to sit and develop, with no realistic guarantee that he will ever develop into even a NFL caliber backup QB. He’s 3rd round quality at best, and that’s because of his winning record and personality.

68. PeopleSmarterThanMe says: Mar 26, 2010 11:50 AM

I think Tebow could be drafted in the first round, just for the news coverage. A team that can’t win might look for another way to make headlines.

69. realitypolice says: Mar 26, 2010 11:53 AM

I am stunned! Stunned I am! A player’s father has unrealistic expectations?!?!?!?!?!? When has THAT ever happened before?
    *eyes rolling*

70. goodellBLOWS says: Mar 26, 2010 11:53 AM

TEBOW-TEBOW-TEBOW!

71. Florio-is-a-tool says: Mar 26, 2010 11:55 AM

So I take it if Wes Bunting, Peter King, Mike Lombardi and another nameless idiot thinks Tea-Boy is a first rounder then it’s a consensus?
    I’m sure GM’s this time of year have never ever told a fib in their lives.

72. bryce22701 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:56 AM

Stevie Wonder has a better chance of finding Waldo

73. TJ says: Mar 26, 2010 11:56 AM

Didn’t Tedd Ginn Jr get drafted in the 1st rounder and he was a kick returner at best. How’s he diong?!!

74. CapsLockKey says: Mar 26, 2010 11:58 AM

Maybe Tebow’s dad and Rex Grossman’s dad should go bowling.

75. vbhall78 says: Mar 26, 2010 11:59 AM

I want the same drink his dad is drinking….

76. Gregjennings85 says: Mar 26, 2010 12:01 PM

Tebow would be a top-15 pick…
    …if Noah was back and recruiting for a pair of douches to survive on his Ark with him.

77. nodecafe says: Mar 26, 2010 12:03 PM

Sportsbiz Dads. Gotta love em.
    Sounds like Eric Lindros’s pop.
    Tebow will not go in the first. Maybe, MAYBE second, more likely third.

78. Gregjennings85 says: Mar 26, 2010 12:05 PM

I bet Mr Tebow would reach on his son over JC, if given the choice.

79. robothero says: Mar 26, 2010 12:05 PM

Tebow’s mom says he’s handsome!

80. usher says: Mar 26, 2010 12:05 PM

please not the bills, please not the bills, please not the bills, please not the bills

81. Thor says: Mar 26, 2010 12:08 PM

If he does go Top 15, I’m applying for an NFL GM job because you obviously don’t need a whole lot of sense to be one.

82. Tebow's a Douche says: Mar 26, 2010 12:14 PM

Whoever drafts him will get the short end of the stick. Doesn’t matter if it’s in the 1st round or the 7th. This guy is out for himself and his agenda. He doesn’t care about his team.

83. Harm City Homer says: Mar 26, 2010 12:16 PM

Kyle Boller was a 1st round pick, some of the 1st overall picks like Russell, Smith and Carr have busted. Why not take a chance on Tebow if you need a QB? It is not about what they do as a rookie, it is will they be the face of your franchise in 3 years? I would not bet against this guy. Vince Young seems to have made it and Vick is still in the NFL. There may be a team that likes a Mobile Qb to run a spread type attack. The Bills maybe with Gailey. I do not think the spread attack is going away. More and more colleges are running it well and the wild cat type stuff and halfback pass has been effective.
    I doubt Tebow will dominate in the NFL like he did in college, but I think he will be effective and worth a mid 1st if he is going to be a starting QB.

84. smiley says: Mar 26, 2010 12:18 PM

Tebow is a 3rd rounder at best. Sorry Pops!!!

85. munchkin says: Mar 26, 2010 12:21 PM

What does Sarah Palin think? Rumor has it she will be holding his hand in the Green Room; media whore that she is.

86. Seeryer says: Mar 26, 2010 12:22 PM

Here is the bottom line on Tebow’s draft status: If Tony Dungy had a top 10 pick he says he would draft Tebow without question. He tosses out the usual “competitiveness, work ethic, the kids a winner and a great kid”. Now let me interpret that, “as an ultra conservative Christian, I feel a special bond to Tim Tebow. And I know his faith will be the difference in his ultimate success. Our common religion leads me to have the ultimate confidence in him.” Now you can say I am a cynic all you want but I guarantee you at least one owner, GM or head coach feels the exact same way because of their strong Christian beliefs. Because of that, he will get picked in round one. And depending on how much christianity means to one of these powerful men, he could go in the top 15. Since when have Christians ever not been sure of their superiotiy?

87. AllThat says: Mar 26, 2010 12:24 PM

favrecansuckit says:
    March 26, 2010 11:44 AM
    Best post yet!!!
    Gotta keep Big Ben in the discussion. Black & Urine………..

88. DB26 says: Mar 26, 2010 12:25 PM

My dad thinks I could be an NFL owner…. If I only had more than $20 in my checking, I think he may be right.
    Now that John Fox has garnered Tebow as the next Bernie Kosar and QB Guru Mike Holmgren is sniffing around at him and making nice media gestures, every NFL exec thinks Tebow is the best thing since sliced bread!

89. Emoney says: Mar 26, 2010 12:26 PM

I hope some top 15 team takes Tebow. One more better player dropping down to help the Packers at 23.
    Personally, taking a player just because he’s a fan favorite from florida is idiotic. Why not just draft every eligible player from Florida?

90. jlbay says: Mar 26, 2010 12:29 PM

marcduke says:
    Awww, that’s sweet – misguided and delusional, but sweet
    aec4 says:
    Do they have random drug screening for parents of potential draftees?
    These two responses are some of the funniest posts I have ever read on this site.
    As for Tebow going somewhere between 10 – 15, no way . . . any team that thinks he will eventually become an NFL QB has to know that is no less than a 2 year project – with a questionable chance of success.
    If he is going to convert to the WR position, well just look at the Matt Jones project . . . sure Tebow has a better work ethic and isn’t smok’n dope (yes I am talking about you Mr. Jones) . . . but the top WR prospects in the draft – who actually spent their college career playing WR can take 2-3 years to develop into a #1 WR if ever.
    As for a conversion to TE, well it’s rare that the best actual TE prospect in the draft is drafted in the first half of the 1st round (’09 1 TE selected in the 1st round with the 20th pick; ’08 1 TE selected in the 1st round with the 30th pick; ’07 1 TE selected in the 1st round with the 31st pick; ’06 2 TEs selected in the 1st round with picks #6 and #28) so you have to go back to Vernon Davis in 2006 to find a TE who was selected earlier than the 20th pick . . . and these are guys who are expected to become studs without having to learn a new position . . . so again you are looking at minimum a 1 year investment before you see a return on your 1st round draft pick . . . I think not.

91. goodellBLOWS says: Mar 26, 2010 12:29 PM

Boy, do I miss the WILLIAM SANDERS SHOW!

92. Stone says: Mar 26, 2010 12:31 PM

Now we know where Tebow gets his ignorance from.

93. Leto_II says: Mar 26, 2010 12:34 PM

God wants Tebow to go in the top 15 picks.

94. bigtrav425 says: Mar 26, 2010 12:42 PM

lmao…his father has been drinking too much of that wine on sundays at service

95. PatsFan54 says: Mar 26, 2010 12:45 PM

Tebow will be a New England Patriot. Belichick will find a way to secure a project like Tebow just to prove everyone else wrong. However he wanted Harvin last yr too.

96. Dawg4Life says: Mar 26, 2010 12:46 PM

Stranger things have happened……I’m not a Tebow fan, never have been, but there must be some buzz somewhere if the NFL invited him to Thursday night. Logically he should have been invited to Friday if anything, so my guess is somebody must be talking (and not Tebow’s dad) about taking a chance on him. He may never be a starting QB, but the kid is a true football player and competitor, more than can be said about a lot of the divas out there….

97. JasonW says: Mar 26, 2010 12:47 PM

Religious people are stupid and this is just further proof of that.

98. RollOutRite says: Mar 26, 2010 12:48 PM

because Tim Tebow is actually baby Jesus himself, his dad, God, knows everything and therefore this report will come true

99. BengalsDouche2 says: Mar 26, 2010 12:50 PM

Although I think Tebow isn’t worth a first round draft pick (or a second for that matter), I do believe he’ll be picked in the first round simply to put asses in the seats wherever he goes. Just drafting him will hype most of the fan base for that team and that’s all that team cares about. So be ready, he will be drafted in the top 15. I’ll put money on it. I can’t stand Tebow but there’s not doubt he’ll go early

100. Sleazy Snake says: Mar 26, 2010 12:51 PM

Who the heck is Tim Tebow?
    Never heard of him

101. shaunypoo says: Mar 26, 2010 12:51 PM

So when he doesn’t go in the top 15 picks, are we going to see an article about how his dad says that some GM lied to him about where his son was really going to go?
    Maybe Bob Tebow is a part owner of the Dolphins. Then we get to hear “With the 12th overall pick, the Miami Dolphins select…”

102. Popeye says: Mar 26, 2010 12:54 PM

I have inside info that he is headed to the Colts

103. scrapdawg12 says: Mar 26, 2010 12:57 PM

His father was mistaken. Top 15 picks of the 2nd round he meant. Someone will take him in the 2nd round. Either the Jags or Raiders.

104. Mandingo52 says: Mar 26, 2010 12:58 PM

iamballen says:
    March 26, 2010 10:59 AM
    My mom thought I was going to be a Doctor.
    And I’m posting comments with you fools.
    ————————————–
    This is the best response to any article on here!!! Hahahahaha Thats is good stuff!!

105. jbwbubba says: Mar 26, 2010 1:15 PM

I wouldn’t be shocked if Tebow went in the first. Yes, top 15 is little out of reach, but it only takes one owner or coach to fall in love with him. Witness the Raiders last year and drafting WR’s.
    I could see two scenarios in which in goes in the first. One, the Jags trade down say 10-12 spots and picks up extra picks and then takes Tebow in the 20′s.
    Two, a team like say New England, decides to take a leap of faith on Tebow late in round 1. He won’t have to play for a few years (Brady) except for perhaps some wildcat stuff; and maybe he becomes Brady successor in a few years.

106. Jack Acid says: Mar 26, 2010 1:24 PM

I am friend’s with Spencer Havner’s dad, UCLA LB that came out a few years ago.
    He said he thought Spencer would go 1st-2nd round….
    He was never drafted, was picked up by WAS in a supplemental, and is now a ST player for GB.
    Bottom line, parents can think whatever they want, but…

107. StevieMo says: Mar 26, 2010 1:25 PM

The Good Lord is going to smack Tebow down to the 2nd or 3rd round, at which point Tebow will swear off religion, start cussing, stop praying, start drinking heavily and stop offering up prayers when it’s time to take the Wonderlic.

108. BruceLeroy says: Mar 26, 2010 1:33 PM

HA! Top 15 picks in the 4rth Rd by JAX

109. grobb says: Mar 26, 2010 1:34 PM

Now if the Los Angeles Angels were drafting next month we’d have ourselves a story.

110. nodecafe says: Mar 26, 2010 1:51 PM

Sportsbiz Dads. Gotta love em.
    Sounds like Eric Lindros’s pop.
    Tebow will not go in the first. Maybe, MAYBE second, more likely third.

111. The Franchise says: Mar 26, 2010 1:56 PM

@Seeyer
    “Here is the bottom line on Tebow’s draft status: If Tony Dungy had a top 10 pick he says he would draft Tebow without question. He tosses out the usual “competitiveness, work ethic, the kids a winner and a great kid”. Now let me interpret that, “as an ultra conservative Christian, I feel a special bond to Tim Tebow. And I know his faith will be the difference in his ultimate success. Our common religion leads me to have the ultimate confidence in him.” Now you can say I am a cynic all you want but I guarantee you at least one owner, GM or head coach feels the exact same way because of their strong Christian beliefs. Because of that, he will get picked in round one. And depending on how much christianity means to one of these powerful men, he could go in the top 15.”
    ——————————————
    I think you’d be hard pressed to find a more devout Christian in control of a team in the Top 15 than Mike Holmgren.
    I’m not saying… I’m just saying.

112. honeysuckle says: Mar 26, 2010 1:59 PM

I wonder if it makes Urban mad when this other guy claims to be Tim’s dad……………

113. Lucky5927 says: Mar 26, 2010 2:59 PM

Giants have the 15th pick, and unless Tebow can turn some water into wine and intoxicate the Giants front office, their is no way the he goes #15. Was all that talk about marijuana being smoked in reference to Tebow’s Father?

114. kevinmack says: Mar 26, 2010 3:02 PM

He is ONE if not THE BEST College QB EVER!
    So yeah he should go 1st round or high second.
    What ever team is LUCKY enough to draft Tebow, will be getting a FHOFer!
    49ers will take him at 17 if he is still there!

115. enders says: Mar 26, 2010 3:48 PM

lol future hall of famer? You’re funny

116. Materialman80 says: Mar 26, 2010 4:10 PM

Pop better hope he gets drafted period.

117. Seeryer says: Mar 26, 2010 4:25 PM

@ honeysuckle,
    It did. Then he lost consciousness and his wife had to call 911. Because “family is non-negotiable” until 24 hours after you make that statment.

118. Outlaw Jersey Whales says: Mar 26, 2010 6:27 PM

iamballen says:
    March 26, 2010 10:59 AM
    My mom thought I was going to be a Doctor.
    And I’m posting comments with you fools.
    ————————————————–
    My Mom AND Dad thought I was going to become a Doctor (Surgeon).
    I DID become a Doctor.
    A lousy one.
    It got so bad that at my last hospital post, the director had my office moved next to the morgue so I wouldn’t have to waste too much time walking to look in on my patients.
    Fortunately, thanks to the President’s Stimulus Package, all of us here on Death Row have brand new top-of-the-line computers and full internet access so we can download reams of pornography until the hard drive chokes. And visit PFT. The two are kind of the same.
    We also work on our appeals occasionally. I’m trying to get my sentence commuted to life. Because, after all, where there’s life, there’s hope!

119. roscoe says: Mar 26, 2010 7:48 PM

The people referencing Matt Jones getting drafted from College QB to NFL WR in the first round need to realize something. HE HAD SPEED!! Speed moves players up a round or two in the draft.
    Tebow – No speed
    Tebow – Throws a spiral as perfect as a 3 year old
    So no, not gonna happen. No one’s gonna draft a slow, horrible passing QB in the first round. I predict round 4 at the earliest.

120. SFrancis1680 says: Mar 27, 2010 2:44 PM

taking him in the first round, especially in the top half of the first round, IF it were to happen, AND Tebow turns out to be the dud most people think, …will get that GM FIRED

121. JOldewurtel says: Mar 27, 2010 9:42 PM

the Jags are going to trade back in the first rd to pick up a 2nd rd pick (which they currently don’t have) and pick Tebow in the 2nd rd. that’s probably the only sure thing in the draft.

122. this class sucks says: Mar 28, 2010 2:44 AM

@KevinMac
    You shut your filthy whore mouth! The 49ers better not draft Tebow. Despite the several problems with Tebow the player, the needs of the 49ers would not be filled with Tebow. We don’t need a FB, a TE, and we have a young QB on the team who will take over if (when) Smith doesn’t work out.

123. BigMikey says: Mar 28, 2010 2:47 PM

I hope the Jags trade up so nobody else gets him HAHAHA, and then I hope Tebow grabs the mike and says, “I forgive you, PFT Planet!”
    Tebow will win a Super Bowl at QB, search your feelings, you know it to be true!

124. DozenDeuce says: Mar 29, 2010 4:57 AM

Thankfully the Bears traded our 1st rounder for Cutler, otherwise God (aka Jerry Angelo), Jesus (aka Lovie Smith) & the Holy Spirit (aka Rod Marinelli) would have traded up to get him.

125. botchedextrapoint says: Mar 29, 2010 6:17 AM

Anyone who read Kerry Byrne’s ‘Cold Hard Football Facts’ article on si.com wouldn’t be suprised by this. There has been such a myth built up around Tebow that people overlook his basic skill set. He is a far more accurate QB than he is given credit for and in the NFL accuracy rules. He has as good a chance as any of becoming a top NFL QB. My tip is by the mid second round at the latest.

126. Buffalo Hogan says: Mar 30, 2010 2:05 PM

I’m really confused about this whole Tebow thing. So if the father, son and holy spirit are 3 in one, does that mean Tebow just projected himself in the top 15?

127. red44skinz says: Mar 31, 2010 5:50 AM

He’s better than Claussen
    what do people see in Claussen
    I’ll take Tebow any day of the week over JIMMY.

128. red44skinz says: Mar 31, 2010 5:52 AM

Tebow WILL go in the first

129. Texas Rocker says: Apr 4, 2010 2:45 AM

@Outlaw Jersey Whales
    That has to be the stupidest, most unfunny, idiotic comment on here. Amazes me how stupid some people are.
    @BuckFigBen says
    That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a long time! Hillarious :D

130. 49erfan says: Apr 4, 2010 10:51 PM

A lot of these replies are actually blasphemous. Like him or not there is no reason for the hatred and jokes toward god. Also, Tebow is not the one that keeps his name in the news. The facts speak for themselves: He is a dedicated player, he is good, he strives for excellency, he does not give up, he is a definate leader. Whether he plays QB or they change his position to fullback or tightend, he will be an asset to any team. He will be a great role model, and a great team leader.

131. Gregjennings85 says: Apr 5, 2010 11:55 AM

49erfan said:
    “…he is a definate leader.”
    __________________________________
    And you are a definite MORON, bible-thumper.
    I hope your squad grabs Tebow, you two deserve each other; you guys can watch Celebrity Jeopardy together.

132. Greg says: Apr 22, 2010 3:36 PM

BuckFigBen. Dude, you are right on so many things. First of all, your name is perfect!! Enough about Rapensberger already. I stopped caring along time ago.
    His Holyness will be drafted on Friday, right after the fat lady sings.