Schefter predicts Shahid Khan won't be the next owner of the Rams

As the St. Louis Rams attempt to turn around a franchise that, if current trends hold, will go 0-16 in 2010, the man who has submitted the preferred bid for ownership may not get the blessing of the full collection of NFL franchises.

“My sense is that approval for ownership is far from a slam dunk, and it’ll surprise me if ultimately he’s approved,” ESPN’s Adam Schefter told 101 ESPN in St. Louis on Monday regarding Shahid Khan’s pending ownership proposal.  “And I would guess that he’s not going to be the next owner of the St. Louis Rams.”

Previously, concerns had emerged regarding the financing mechanisms contained in Khan’s package.  Another unknown is whether minority owner Stan Kroenke will exercise his right to cash out, requiring Khan to purchase not just 60 percent but the full 100 percent equity in the organization.

Permalink 41 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
41 Responses to “Schefter predicts Shahid Khan won't be the next owner of the Rams”
  1. Fonetik says: Mar 29, 2010 6:08 PM

We can’t have no muslims in the NFL daggummit!!

2. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Mar 29, 2010 6:09 PM

Florio u got money, why don’t you buy the Rams?

3. Pack_Attack says: Mar 29, 2010 6:13 PM

Why, did he vote for George Bush?

4. favresux says: Mar 29, 2010 6:13 PM

how about chakka khan

5. Milhouse says: Mar 29, 2010 6:14 PM

“concerns had emerged regarding the financing mechanisms contained in Khan’s package.”
    That’s what she said.

6. misterj says: Mar 29, 2010 6:19 PM

oh jesus, why would you let fonetik’s bigotry through?

7. The Wishbone says: Mar 29, 2010 6:32 PM

KHAN!!!!!!!!!!

8. jackybadass says: Mar 29, 2010 6:37 PM

rush dont sound so bad now ! you know im right!

9. bearsbears says: Mar 29, 2010 6:40 PM

what is this a kkk meeting in here?

10. r8rsfan says: Mar 29, 2010 6:41 PM

Islam is a peaceful religion – no way a Muslim would have any interest in such a violent sport.

11. sniperhare says: Mar 29, 2010 6:41 PM

Welcome to LA Steven Jackson, you’ll be the only player making the trip.

12. heartstl says: Mar 29, 2010 6:42 PM

I’d rather have Dave Checketts or Kroenke himself owning the Rams. Nothing against Khan but you kinda know what those two guys bring to the table.

13. ATLien says: Mar 29, 2010 6:43 PM

@WarrenMoonGOAT,
    Nah, because if Florio bought the team, within a year, the Rams’ helmets would have NBC and Sprint logos on them! LOL

14. penguininbondage says: Mar 29, 2010 6:44 PM

He’ll either use the team to launder money for Osama or iran’s atomic ambitions.
    Yea? So what!

15. JNB says: Mar 29, 2010 6:47 PM

If he’s right, it ruins my fantasy that the Rams would use the “Wrath of Khan” guy as their mascot…

16. Danny N. says: Mar 29, 2010 6:49 PM

Hey Florio, why don’t you predict it? You’re good at making up stories based on your “sources.”

17. jaywon says: Mar 29, 2010 6:50 PM

I love Shaka Kahn personally

18. DJSlyBri says: Mar 29, 2010 6:53 PM

Pure racism. If his name were Steven Kane, he’d have been approved weeks ago. He is a victim of the anti-Muslim sentiment fostered by Bush, Cheney, Rove, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, and Palin. If I were him, and were denied, I would sue the National Football League and its white boy club that treats its black players like slaves to begin with.

19. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says: Mar 29, 2010 6:56 PM

Cue up the racist comments from basements/trailers throughout the flyover States.

20. CookieFlash says: Mar 29, 2010 6:57 PM

Introducing your NEW Los Angles Rams!

21. Atlanta Love says: Mar 29, 2010 7:15 PM

Well said DJSlyBri.

22. shukey11 says: Mar 29, 2010 7:17 PM

DJSlyBri says:
    yes all those slaves that made millions of dollars.

23. VoxVagina says: Mar 29, 2010 7:21 PM

No need for hate comments. Some of the people on this site are absolute morons. Ignorant bastards

24. jamaltimore says: Mar 29, 2010 7:21 PM

DSJSLYBRI,
    says NFL and it’s white boy club that treats it’s black players like slaves to begin with.
    ___________
    Wow, I wish I was a slave making 11.2 million dollar signing bonuses and only having to play that terrible game of football. You my friend are and IDIOT who obviously believes the man owes you more than a chance! Better yet you may want to shut your mouth before those whiteboys realize their league is dominated with black players and ask for affirmative action to get the league in the year 2010 and be politically correct!

25. Channel124 says: Mar 29, 2010 7:26 PM

Did Obama tell you to blame Bush for this too? If the “anti-Muslim sentiment fostered by Bush, Cheney, Rove…” blah blah blah was soo strong Rush Limbaugh would be the owner. Sounds like the knee-jerk reaction of a professional victim to me.

26. venis2k1 says: Mar 29, 2010 7:43 PM

DSJSLYBRI,
    Classic.
    Dumb.
    But, Classic.

27. Dogsweat says: Mar 29, 2010 7:54 PM

At least the players won’t lose their heads.
    I know I know, that is not kind.
    That is just a few crazy Muslims…..
    lol
    Keep believing that.
    Moronic Americans!

28. Xenu_D_Alien says: Mar 29, 2010 7:56 PM

Getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game is hardly slavery. The way the labor talks seem to be going, I wouldn’t be surprised if a team breaks into a rousing rendition of “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot” during training camp.

29. Dogsweat says: Mar 29, 2010 8:00 PM

Los Angeles Rams 2012

30. Sang says: Mar 29, 2010 8:12 PM

Dear Florio,
    Please post more stories about Shahid Khan so we can hear all these tards and their asinine comments hahaha, its too funny

31. JSpicoli says: Mar 29, 2010 8:19 PM

Shanker’s batting avg. is about 40% on his insights, so take it for what it is worth.

32. Fonetik says: Mar 29, 2010 8:29 PM

I feel like I should clarify that my original statement was meant to be facetious. I was trying to make the point that if Khan wasn’t a brown guy, and didn’t have a middle-eastern name, he’d probably be approved no problem. It’s a case of NFL owners trying to keep their club “whites only.”
    Also, white, non-America hating guy here. So save it.

33. Bob Buckowski says: Mar 29, 2010 8:30 PM

DJSlyBri says: I would sue the National Football League and its white boy club that treats its black players like slaves to begin with.
    Hey this is America DJ, you and all of your black boys can start your own football league with all white players that you can treat like slaves……..I only need a $2 million bonus to sign up. If I’m good enough I’ll forget all about what you paid me, bitch and moan and demand more money or I will sit out cause y’all dissin’ is me………sound familiar?

34. GoBrowns19 says: Mar 29, 2010 9:00 PM

Yeah, because Jack Bauer is about to blow his ass up in….aaaaahhh! a minute now!

35. Drafty says: Mar 29, 2010 9:35 PM

I’m pretty sure Khan’ll chase this ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares Maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before he gives this up.
    Just sayin’.
    Oh, and DJSliBri – you’re a dipshit.

36. 65marv says: Mar 29, 2010 9:55 PM

C’mon, Florio, you’re better than this. What’s the basis for for Schefter’s belief that Khan won’t be approved? Whether we think it’s valid or not, please provide his logic, dude. This is a bit shoddy on your part. Again, you’re better than this.

37. Peak says: Mar 29, 2010 10:25 PM

DjslyBri,
    Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et a,l haven’t been in office for well over a year. When seeking villains to blame all the world’s problems on, please try to be more current This out of date thinking denotes a slow moving intellect.

38. Rasta says: Mar 29, 2010 11:07 PM

Shahid Khan would hand out free prayer rugs before each home game.

39. Fonetik says: Mar 29, 2010 11:35 PM

Yeah Peak, because when it comes to minor events like starting two wars and destroying the nation’s economy, you only get to blame those responsible for 6 months or so, right? Go back to jacking off to Glenn Beck.

40. Dave The Panther says: Mar 30, 2010 1:28 AM

Good Ole Boy Club? You mean the one founded in a Auto Dealership in Canton, Ohio. The club that was a bunch of American Men wanting to create a “CLUB” to play AMERICAN FOOTBALL.
    I am not a racist but I see this as a money making venture and nothing more. This guy could care less about the game or the people that play it or run it.
    Lets keep OUR game amongst Americans. These clubs aren’t some franchise that has not face to it. These clubs belong to American’s and our love of Football.
    NOT NO, BUT HELL NO

41. patpatriotagain says: Mar 30, 2010 2:21 AM

DJSlyBri says:
    ” He is a victim of the anti-Muslim sentiment fostered by Bush, Cheney, Rove, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, and Palin. ”
    So explain why the “vast right wing conspiracy” didn’t help Rush Limbaugh’s bid. The owners like Irsay are a bunch of flaming libs – the P.C. factor really is an advantage for Khan. It’s all about money.
    he’s a questionable source of the green stuff.