Dez Bryant: "Whoever passes up on me, it's over with"

Former Oklahoma State Dez Bryant’s Pro Day left him open to some criticism, and the wide receiver has heard enough.

“I’m not the type of person that will try to confront somebody but
now I feel like it’s gone too far. It’s gone too far,” Bryant said to the Associated Press.  “I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”

Bryant has a point.  Most of the character concerns attached to him have been vague.  Teams want to know how important football is to him, not if he needed a small army to help him wake up for class.

“Whoever passes up on me, it’s over with. I feel like I’m going through
the same situation Randy Moss did,” he added.  “That man had issues and teams were passing up
on him, and when he got on that field, he killed them.  He murdered them.
Look at him today:  One of the best players in the NFL.”

Detractors may see these comments and say Bryant is a loose cannon.  I like his confidence.

We praise Peyton Manning for telling the Colts he’d kick their ass for the next 15 years if they passed on him.  Bryant essentially just told the league the same thing.

Teams will take a receiver with edge over one that’s unsure of his ability.  A draft-day fall is only going to motivate Bryant.

Bryant also took umbrage with our report about his missing cleats.  He said he had six pairs with him, just not his favorite one.  And that it may not have made a difference.

“What do this got to do with me playing football?  Even if I did
forget my cleats, what do that have to do with me playing football?  I
don’t think it has anything to do with me playing football.”

Permalink 151 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Draft, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
151 Responses to “Dez Bryant: "Whoever passes up on me, it's over with"”
  1. chc4 says: Mar 31, 2010 1:52 PM

Wow, just wow.

2. Hauschild says: Mar 31, 2010 1:52 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    Except the English language.

3. Dream Out Loud says: Mar 31, 2010 1:52 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    ahh, the same school that gave us an illiterate Dexter Manley upon graduation. Gotta love the edumacation of our youth.

4. lifelongphinfan says: Mar 31, 2010 1:52 PM

you tell ‘em dez.just make sure you live up to it.good luck

5. Tufdan says: Mar 31, 2010 1:53 PM

Someone will be in charge of his cleats when he gets drafted, but coaches hate guys who can’t show up on time during the week

6. BKILBY13 says: Mar 31, 2010 1:54 PM

I do like the observation that fans and media applaud Peyton Manning for his warning the Colts about not drafting him. This does seem to be comparable to Randy Moss in 1998 (Moss’ had drug issues and had been kicked out of FSU before going to Marshall).
    I admit to being leery of this guy as a Dolphins fan, but it this his attitude about being slighted? Sign him up…

7. Hansman says: Mar 31, 2010 1:54 PM

Here’s a thought why not grow up a little, and maintain the play on the field? Best of both world right?

8. Paulitik says: Mar 31, 2010 1:55 PM

Damn, I got repect for the kid now. Tell em’ Dez!

9. rolltide says: Mar 31, 2010 1:55 PM

Good for Dez. There’s questions about him due to missing most of his last season, but the “character concerns” seem to be rather BJRajiesque.

10. Opie says: Mar 31, 2010 1:55 PM

in another comment, he said, “we talkin ’bout practice man! practice, we sittin up in here talkin ’bout practice, not a game, not a game, we talkin ’bout practice..”

11. LIONPRIDE says: Mar 31, 2010 1:55 PM

I hope the Lions pass on him!

12. wwwmattcom says: Mar 31, 2010 1:55 PM

another big mouth WR great!

13. Ravensatron says: Mar 31, 2010 1:55 PM

What?

14. jetboy says: Mar 31, 2010 1:55 PM

hmmm thats one mad brother, come on over we can use you on the JETS.

15. RaiderMight says: Mar 31, 2010 1:56 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    At least he didn’t say “I aint did”. This clown needs to shut up and just do his work where ever he goes.

16. prophet of the light says: Mar 31, 2010 1:56 PM

Translation into normal people speak: “I’m an immature kid who thinks too much of myself and will probably bust.”

17. SliKRiK says: Mar 31, 2010 1:56 PM

The Eagles need help on defense but if this dude was still available at the #24 spot, I would definitely take him!

18. zjfr2 says: Mar 31, 2010 1:57 PM

or more properly restated:
    “I haven’t did had to go to no class and didn’t nobody teach me no nothing about no English.”
    and in other news, as a supplement to help him get over the potential money loss from a draft day fall….Oklahoma State’s English Department has signed Dez to a lucrative endorsement contract to advertise their effective teaching methods. Before he got there he was unable to talk at all, just made weird noises, now after his time in their fine institution he can utter full phrases that resemble the English language.

19. Gandalf says: Mar 31, 2010 1:57 PM

Well DEZ…here’s what it has to do with your playing football. This is the most important “interview” for your next job. And you forgot your “favorite” shoes??????? That’s like my going on an interview with a suit on with my tennis shoes on…because I forgot to pack my dress shoes. You’re an idiot and although I know it won’t happen, it would be GREAT if you didn’t get drafted at all and had to go workout for clubs just to get a tryout.

20. carlin53 says: Mar 31, 2010 1:57 PM

The best thing he should do is shut his mouth and let it play out. He’s only doing more damage. Actually he’d make a good Jet. He’ll fit right in with thier high school “us against the world” motivational tactics. Its a match made in heaven!

21. Steve-Mo says: Mar 31, 2010 1:57 PM

Miami needs a guy who can back up his talk.

22. BRUTUS9448 says: Mar 31, 2010 1:58 PM

23. GaryClark says: Mar 31, 2010 1:58 PM

Please come to the SKINS. We need some Swagger and would appreciate someone who can ball. You can take Malcolm Kelly and put him back at OK.

24. CdnMike says: Mar 31, 2010 1:59 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    The fact that these guys come out of “college” and talk like this is a joke.
    Do they have to go to class at all? Do they have to write exams?

25. karmathaitch says: Mar 31, 2010 1:59 PM

Did he have his cleats while talkin sh!t???

26. Snow Stormin says: Mar 31, 2010 2:00 PM

No offense to Dez Bryant, but reading his quotes just about kills me. Are you telling me he went to college and still doesn’t understand the English language.
    I don’t even know what “Whoever passes up on me, it’s over with” really means. I can assume, but really, this is how he learned to speak at OSU?

27. Cmoney20 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:00 PM

“Even if I did forget my cleats, what do that have to do with me playing football?”
    Is he serious? He can’t be serious.

28. danielcp0303 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:00 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody”
    Jerry please don’t draft this idiot

29. GoBrowns19 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:01 PM

That tenacity can work both ways though. When (if) he does become a superstar, what happens then? Meaning will he take plays off, bitch at coaches etc.? That can be a huge problem as we’ve seen with Moss and with T.O. However, I do think he’ll be a star nonetheless.

30. Jagmankane says: Mar 31, 2010 2:01 PM

He’s a smart guy.

31. Caveman says: Mar 31, 2010 2:01 PM

I like player confidence too.
    This dude just sounds like a stone cold jerk though.

32. glennski says: Mar 31, 2010 2:02 PM

The first we heard about the Peyton Manning thing was a couple of years down the line if I remember correctly. I don’t think he made those comments to the media, it was a behind closed doors thing to the colts.
    The last quote concerns me as well as I’d imagine preparedness and being detail oriented has a lot to do with succeeding in the NFL. His reaction is more telling than anything else.

33. cowboyssuck says: Mar 31, 2010 2:02 PM

Hi, praise to Bryant’s English teachers.

34. Tailgun says: Mar 31, 2010 2:02 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    Ah, a college education. Glad to see it didn’t go to waste.

35. smithopher says: Mar 31, 2010 2:03 PM

I can see why character concerns are big with NFL teams, but some kids coming out of college just get a bad rep for no reason. So what, he didn’t want to go to class in college? I know plenty of great kids from my college who didn’t go to class much. It doesn’t necessarily mean he will give any less than 100% to his NFL team.

36. cowboyssuck says: Mar 31, 2010 2:04 PM

Hi, prays to Bryant’s Englis teachers. High praise. Piece owt.

37. DoopDoop says: Mar 31, 2010 2:04 PM

Diz wuz a gr8t story. Now I has to go gets me my dolla dolla bills ya’ll and axe my baby momma if she down wit Popeyes.

38. Brick-Pride says: Mar 31, 2010 2:04 PM

Rosenthal, your grammar (“Detractors may see these comments and say Bryant a loose cannon”)is about as good as Bryant’s (“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”). The problem is, one of you is a writer. Boom, roasted!

39. AllThat says: Mar 31, 2010 2:04 PM

Dez “I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    Dez “What do this got to do with me playing football? Even if I did forget my cleats, what do that have to do with me playing football?”
    Duh, if they pass on you then it is over with……And by the way learn how to speak
    DumbAss

40. BengalsDouche2 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:05 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    “What do this got to do with me playing football?”
    Apparently that small army that was required to wake him up for classes forgot to do so for English class. I know his English skills “don’t be havin” any effect on his football skills but damn, at least learn proper English before you have to do national interviews.

41. danfinocchio says: Mar 31, 2010 2:05 PM

If guys like him/Crabtree shed these parasites like Parker/Deion, it’d look a lot better. Until then he’s going to continue to come off as a diva/puppet. I’ll bet one of them told Bryant to mention Moss, just so maybe his skill set could be compareable.
    We like Peyton for saying it b/c he doesn’t say anything else, whereas all these WRs won’t shut up about how great they are.

42. Big Stretch says: Mar 31, 2010 2:06 PM

I get the strange feeling that even though Bryant is incredibly talented he will be out of the league withing 3 years.

43. Chapnasty2 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:07 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    You just embarassed your Universities English department Dez.

44. BeerBarron says: Mar 31, 2010 2:07 PM

what do you think vegas has for him as the over under on this kid lasting in the league..
    3 years?
    im thinking ill take the under…

45. hnirobert says: Mar 31, 2010 2:08 PM

Dez, shut up. The more you talk, the less the Tuna will consider taking you.

46. jamaltimore says: Mar 31, 2010 2:08 PM

I bet his wonderlic score is off the charts! I know the saints are full of receivers but he would fit in well. Me Dat not forgot my shoes I misremembered!

47. DemocratsAreStupid says: Mar 31, 2010 2:08 PM

He doesn’t need to be smart. As long as he can run and catch he’ll be a multi-millionaire. . . unlike most Americans who can’t run and catch and will make 30k a year

48. Dream Out Loud says: Mar 31, 2010 2:08 PM

“at least he doesn’t have to talk to catch football. Someone get this guy an english tudor.”
    I’m confused. I thought all Tudors were English. I’m pretty sure my English tutor taught me that.

49. tre_fizzle says: Mar 31, 2010 2:10 PM

what be the problems wit how he be talkin to dem dudes? an what do it have to do with playin football?

50. casper67 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:10 PM

I wouldn’t draft this idiot. Great receivers are usually a$$holes (TO and Randy Moss) , but not stupid. He has Future Rapist printed on his jersey already…

51. BBB82 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:11 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”]
    Doesn’t that mean he did everything wrong to everybody? You went to college, learn to speak English.

52. zjfr2 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:11 PM

# BRUTUS9448 says: March 31, 2010 1:58 PM
    “I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    what exactly is a tudor?
    perhaps you meant tutor?

53. Cereal Blogger says: Mar 31, 2010 2:12 PM

“What !!?? “Is Colonel Sanders here ???” – Family Guy reference

54. Big Blue says: Mar 31, 2010 2:12 PM

There is a report out that the english language is seeking comensation following that “professional interview”. WOW, there is just so much wrong with this guy earning millions while I bust my hump for peanuts!!! Its going to make making that payment to grad school easier this month!

55. funi says: Mar 31, 2010 2:12 PM

He only lied to the NCAA and forgot his cleats at his workout! This kid has bust written all over him!

56. Joeyjoejoeshabadooooo says: Mar 31, 2010 2:12 PM

I forgot my helmet, but what’s that have to do with me playing football?

57. Jack Burton says: Mar 31, 2010 2:14 PM

Ahh the American Education system produces another great mind.

58. DB26 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:14 PM

Hopefully a “superstar” that has acted immaturely for quite sometime now, has had enough. Get out of bed, get your ass to practice and games and meetings, and film studies, and make sure you bring your cleats with you. Stay away from the media and don’t run your mouth. That will make you a true professional at this sport and likely very successful!
    Good luck in your next English class too, you will need it!

59. Brewster says: Mar 31, 2010 2:16 PM

_____________________
    He was an English major at OSU, right? A Journalism major?
    He did attend classes didn’t he?
    Apparently not many.
    And Evan Silva had this to say about Bryant in his assessment:
    A bright individual, Bryant made academic all-conference as a sophomore.
    Academic all-conference, just how dumb are players in that conference? How could someone unable to utter a proper sentence make academic all conference, anywhere in any conference?
    How embarrassing is that for the Big-12 conference.
    If Bryant is bright, what the hell is the definition of dumb?

60. superbowl says: Mar 31, 2010 2:16 PM

do you think guy can read a clock? or does he go digital?

61. Tdk24 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:18 PM

That’s your modern day athlete folks.
    I mean, it don’t make no matter no how, you know what i mean?

62. njghost91 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:19 PM

Geez, I love how PFT planet is consumed more with a player’s grammar than their ability. In case you people didn’t realize, this kid could speak Ethiopian and will soon be making more money than everyone who just posted a comment about this article..COMBINED by a lot. So at the end of the day, it’s how well you perform your job and nothing else matters.

63. answer3 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:20 PM

BRUTUS9448 says:
    March 31, 2010 1:58 PM
    Uhh…you mean “tutor”, right? haha

64. casper67 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:20 PM

tudor/tutor…wow that was dumb…Brutus you need to vanish now…

65. Joeyjoejoeshabadooooo says: Mar 31, 2010 2:20 PM

all this is code for: if i don’t get top 5 dollar, i’m going to be a pain in the ass to every team, even mine, because i’m a self absorbed punk with an IQ that is smaller than my college jersey number (1)

66. RegalEagle says: Mar 31, 2010 2:20 PM

@Brutus.
    Dude. Really? A tudor? Stop and learn the correct use of words before judging another.
    Correct term would be a “Tutor” Just saying…
    @ Dez…
    Your a knucklehead. If you trying to get a big contract, this isn’t the way to do it. Shut up and play and show everyone what your all about!

67. YourOwnWorstEnemy says: Mar 31, 2010 2:21 PM

“Jagmankane says:
    March 31, 2010 2:01 PM
    He’s a smart guy.”
    “I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody” = I’ve done a lot of things wrong to everybody.
    And I agree with the masses on this board. Learn the English language and stop taking lessons from George W. Bush Jr.

68. humnbass says: Mar 31, 2010 2:21 PM

It’s amazing how all of you are bashing this guy because of the way he speaks. Yet he’ll make more money in one year than all of you put together in a lifetime. haha. you don’t have to be a master of the english language to say “I’m here to make a withdrawal please”

69. zjfr2 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:22 PM

# Chapnasty2 says: March 31, 2010 2:07 PM
    “I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    You just embarassed your Universities English department Dez.
    Pretty sure Dez only attended on University – Oklahoma State. In which case he embarrassed (notice that has two r’s in it not one) his University’s English department (notice the possessive not the plural tense). Someone correcting another person’s grammar might think to check their own. Especially when you are given spell-check.

70. fmax4 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:23 PM

@CASPER 67
    Future Rapist? really?

71. filthylucre says: Mar 31, 2010 2:23 PM

Wow. His command of the English language is right up there with Antonio Cromartie’s.

72. ampats says: Mar 31, 2010 2:23 PM

He will play wherever Deion Sanders sees fit.

73. daroc32 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:23 PM

you peopl picking on his language skills obviously dont know he’s from Texas and if you ever been or lived there you would know everyone white an black talks like that, so is everyone from texas illiterate?

74. PWB says: Mar 31, 2010 2:23 PM

To a certain extent, Dez has gotten a bum rap, and I think that he will do very well in the NFL (I just hope someone takes him under his wing).
    Yet, given some of his quotes, how was he a second team Academic All Big 12 in 2008?!?
    They must have some very high standards in the Big 12.

75. humnbass says: Mar 31, 2010 2:24 PM

by the way, a tudor is a car made by ford in the early thirties. Nah, he mean tudor. He’s an english professor. This car was used alot by the english.

76. troll_aikman8 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:25 PM

Jerry Jones doesn’t see this as a problem, but rather an opportunity.
    Please avoid. Please avoid.

77. clintcooper says: Mar 31, 2010 2:26 PM

Go ahead all you doubters. Make fun of his poor English. Go ahead.
    Dez Bryant is the REAL DEAL. You will see soon enough.

78. SPORTS1969 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:27 PM

he has a pulse and cares thats good because he will fall in the draft ,so he should be motivated to work and perform

79. pantherdan89 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:27 PM

This guy is a train wreck waiting to happen.

80. ufzo says: Mar 31, 2010 2:27 PM

You Haters with all your grammar correcting comments…just understand that in less than 25 days he will make more than most of you will ever see in your pathetic lives!!!!!!!!!…
    oh yea but at least you have good subject verb agreement……..
    get a life
    Good luck DEZ!!!!!!!!!

81. Xpensive Wino says: Mar 31, 2010 2:28 PM

People can comment on how poorly he speaks, but does it really translate into his skills?
    Dez may be borderline retarded, but he has mad skills. Ryan Fitzpatrick on the other hand is an Ivy Leaguer and he sucks ass. Using the same logic here, we’re all assuming that his IQ must be in the 140 range because he went to Harvard, right?
    This is not Mensa. I would gladly take Bryant on my team. Dude is a baller…………..and his transgressions would have him in the kiddie end of the pool compared to real degenerate scumbags who call the NFL home.
    Miami is allergic to studs who can change a game, so here’s to another Yatil Green, Randall Hill and Lamar Thomas core of receivers!
    Last Super Bowl appearance, 1985. Last Super Bowl win, 1975.
    Dez Bryant please.

82. Philly Cheese says: Mar 31, 2010 2:29 PM

I can see him going to the Titans so Chris Johnson has someone to talk to.

83. Nevisyakker says: Mar 31, 2010 2:29 PM

Dez Bryant invoking the name and football history of Randy Moss. Sure, they’re one of a kind!
    Bryant has size, talent, and a head full of mush.
    Randy Moss had freak of nature, you’ve got to be kidding me, no way a guy that size can run that fast-jump that high-control his body that well-catch everything thrown his way-kind of talent.
    I doubt they are exactly interchangeable on the football field.

84. vcstriker16 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:30 PM

“Teams will take a receiver with edge over one that’s unsure of his ability. A draft-day fall is only going to motivate Bryant.”
    What are you talking about? When has that scenario ever played out? Name one WR who has entered this league that was unsure of his ability.

85. SeeRayRun says: Mar 31, 2010 2:31 PM

Can the entire league pass on him?
    Please…..He would be a great CFL player!

86. last starfighter says: Mar 31, 2010 2:31 PM

It reminds me what woody harrelson said in Kingpin in the hustle attempt about being door to door bible salesmen
    “You don’t have to be able to read them to sell them.”

87. ShadowWind says: Mar 31, 2010 2:32 PM

You know what they say: “A Mind is a terrible thing.”

88. CdnMike says: Mar 31, 2010 2:32 PM

Chapnasty,
    You shouldn’t critize Dez’s grammar when your’s is pretty shitty as well.
    It’s “University’s” not “Universities”; it’s possessive dumb ass!

89. mbbrazi says: Mar 31, 2010 2:32 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody”-Da chooz amigo you forgot da chooz. I play drums, have since I was four years old, forgetting your shoes is like me forgetting my drumsticks, it’s unimaginable. In case you need someone to spell it out Dez you just proved to the world you’re an incompetent dumbass. You’ll play in the league but you’ll start out at a heck of a lot less because of your imcompetence-Dez, just tell’em you have a brain tumor, with you it’s believable.

90. moolah954 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:38 PM

People just don’t understand that he was probably raised in a lower class neighborhood 3 or 4 years of college is not going to change that i hope he dose good in the NFL and get his family to a better situation

91. giantcatfanhouse says: Mar 31, 2010 2:39 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    And wonder why this country is so low on the totem pole of education, compared to the rest of the world.
    If he can’t speak better than a 3rd grade elementary student, then maybe he should stay in Texas, since they’re obviously the only ones who will ever understand a word he utters.
    Is it choice he speaks this way, or does he really have that poor of an understanding of the English language?
    Yes, it is obvious, his money will talk better than he does. That’s more of a shame, than something to brag about.

92. Maddog says: Mar 31, 2010 2:41 PM

zjfr2 says:
    March 31, 2010 2:22 PM
    # Chapnasty2 says: March 31, 2010 2:07 PM
    “I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    You just embarassed your Universities English department Dez.
    ——————————————-
    so should someone sending a smartass note to correct that person. “only attended on University”?

93. FireJerryJones says: Mar 31, 2010 2:42 PM

Difference between Manning and Bryant, is that Manning looked good on his pro days… Bryant – not so much.
    Oh, and Bryant’s grasp of the english language sends a clear message to NFL teams that he’ll be able to handle their playbooks.

94. Outfoxed says: Mar 31, 2010 2:43 PM

Does Oklahoma State specialize in Special Ed?
    I would be embarrassed to have someone represent my school in that fashion.

95. Mick730 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:43 PM

Most people who tutor athletes at major American universities are undergrads or grad students looking to earn some extra cash. Their task as directed by the athletic department, and I’m writing from personal experience, is not to teach these athletes how to speak the king’s English, to read, to write using proper syntax etc, but rather just to get them by with a grade of C or better. Keep them eligible. That’s it, nothing more, nothing less. Most of these guys, like Dez Bryant, have skated through their entire academic careers, from Kindergarten all the way through college. They’ve been passed along for various reasons, some having to do with being athletes, some having to do with political correctness, but passed along nonetheless. I saw some of the interviews with Bryant on the NFL channel. My guess is the guy cannot read at an elementary school level and he’s not alone among his draft class or amongst the members of his future profession. He sounds just like most of the players that I tutored.
    One final note, most major American universities have “Remedial Education” programs for freshmen students, not just athletes. The percentage of freshmen who enter college unable to read at even the 8th grade level would shock most people

96. 305DOLFAN says: Mar 31, 2010 2:44 PM

I ain’t did done nothing to any body. What that had got to do with me playing football. I had done got six pair of cleats I just aint had the ones I liked. LMAO!!!!!!!

97. CapsLockKey says: Mar 31, 2010 2:47 PM

When the guy compares himself to Randy Moss, then it’s time to take him off your board. Moss is an all-universe talent with a 2-bit brain and attitude. He could have easily been the greatest ever if not for his head. Bryant isn’t nearly as talented as Moss, but I bet his work ethic is about the same.

98. Ska4Life says: Mar 31, 2010 2:50 PM

It honestly amazes me how some of these players managed to get a degree.
    Honestly, there is no way this man could ever pass a college course.
    Do they hire people to do the athlete’s work for them or what?

99. Butt Plug says: Mar 31, 2010 2:55 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    Can someone please give these young black players and education first before we start giving them millions of dollars???

100. mixman34 says: Mar 31, 2010 2:57 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    HAHA scratch him off of my board. Amybe he should just sit down be quiet and let things run his course.. HAHA

101. nowathand says: Mar 31, 2010 2:58 PM

People assume that he doesn’t know his English is bad.
    Some things just sound cooler when you say them wrong. This form of speaking is called slang. Maybe he is dumb, but it’s just a thought.

102. mybuddyandme says: Mar 31, 2010 3:04 PM

We would love to have you in Cincy DEZ!

103. Ray Guy says: Mar 31, 2010 3:09 PM

_____________________________________
    Call me cautious, but the Red Flag just went up.

104. jibfest says: Mar 31, 2010 3:10 PM

Lucky for him he can run fast and catch the football. Dez sure aint able ta speak da english language correctly.

105. Ska4Life says: Mar 31, 2010 3:14 PM

My six year old niece can arrange words in sentence format better than Dez Bryant can.

106. KM91 says: Mar 31, 2010 3:14 PM

What does forgetting your cleats have to do with football? Pretty much everything. What’s next, your playbook, your helmet? You just proved everyone’s point that you’re irresponsible and therefore, not worth risking a top 10 pick on.

107. longthoughts says: Mar 31, 2010 3:18 PM

Wow. That grammar speaks for itself. It says, “If you can run fast, a college education can be bought.” And on the subject of running fast, I’m not sure that the comparisons to Randy Moss are apropos. There’s no denying that Bryant has tremendous athletic skills and will be able to lead a more comfortable life than all of us grammar uppity-ups, but Randy Moss is probably still faster–at the age of 33–than Dez Bryant will ever be. I’m not a huge Moss fan, but dude has wheels.

108. ravenmaniac52 says: Mar 31, 2010 3:18 PM

You know what all you fools talking about this man’s grasp of the english language need to stuff it, when he gets in the nfl i hope he puts on the cleats that he’s teased about and have you talking in TONGUES!….DROP TO 25 AND COME TO THE RAVENS WE’LL TAKE YOU!

109. Shinywalrus says: Mar 31, 2010 3:21 PM

I’m sorry, but I don’t really see why his command of the English language is all that surprising – or relevant.
    This guy is going to be an NFL wide receiver, and the real added value of intelligence to the position is questionable at best. Route trees, remembering your recent history of moves used, plays…they require a floor of intelligence that’s pretty low, really.
    So who cares? It might feel good to us working stiffs to pretend that teams are going to shy away from him because he unwittingly combined a present perfect auxiliary with a simple past tense verb, but do you honestly think that’s going to happen? Maybe the Colts think twice, but if you think Dez Bryant is going to be lower than median in the NFL, you haven’t been around football as anything more than a fan.

110. CincyAllDaWay says: Mar 31, 2010 3:33 PM

Do that mean that he failed english since the beginning of life???…..It do. Who do he tink he is anyway.
    Just another dumbass, that’s who. Damn good thing he can play ball, otherwise the only thing in his future is a paper route for life.

111. mjohnson062 says: Mar 31, 2010 3:37 PM

Another player that just doesn’t get it. He doesn’t understand why these things are a problem. He’s not alone (Ricky Williams, Tanard Jackson, etc, but they’ve learned – presumably).
    Here is the list of things Dez must understand before he becomes a multimillionaire:
    1. Show up on time, consistently (like, every day).
    2. Don’t talk to person A, B or C. while in college (agents, Prime Time, etc).
    3. Bring your shoes if you’re showcasing a talent that involves your feet (ie, be prepared, not nonchalant).
    4. Let the coach decide what route(s) you’ll run (the only correct response is “yes coach!”).
    If it were me, I’d carry a 100lb bag of equipment with me everywhere I went – shoes, socks, pads, whatever – and only to the bathroom and shower, because I’d live in the field house or class – and I wouldn’t talk to anyone other than my coach, and then I’d only use two words: Yes and Coach.

112. mikeoxlong says: Mar 31, 2010 3:39 PM

Iz un duns not beez doin nutin wrong yo!
    He un dun beez axin me da wrong questins!
    It aint ma fault!
    You don’t know me!
    Ah take care o ma kids!
    iz dun beez a college gradit!
    Is it any wonder a college degree is becoming more and more of a useless piece of paper with the double standard grading being given to so called “minoritys” ??
    A white mans D is a brown mans B, and it’s another reason the countrys collapsing.

113. flipside715 says: Mar 31, 2010 3:39 PM

he got inspired by watching NFLN America’s Game on the ’98 vikings….steve sabol should be proud…

114. jwill007 says: Mar 31, 2010 3:43 PM

Tons of THESPIANS on PFT….LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
    Lets see who drafts him and how quickly those THESPIANS become fans…….
    Dude is as country as can be…He’s a country boy at heart……
    PROVE EM WRONG BRYANT! Where ever you sign!

115. trickbunny says: Mar 31, 2010 3:43 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    Sigh. Here I am, able to speak, spell, and write perfect English… and all I get for it is 44K a year? Meanwhile, this assclown can catch a ball, so he’ll get millions. Wow.

116. SomeGuyInIowa says: Mar 31, 2010 3:44 PM

RegalEagle says:
    March 31, 2010 2:20 PM
    @Brutus.
    Correct term would be a “Tutor” Just saying…
    @ Dez…
    ——————————————
    BTW it’s you’re not your, you forgot the ‘re with the next sentence, and another instance of you’re not your with the last sentence.

117. Gary says: Mar 31, 2010 3:49 PM

Well….here is one guy that makes DuhMarcass Russell sound like a scholar! What a douche bag.

118. milpool says: Mar 31, 2010 3:51 PM

Hopefully he plays better than he speaks !

119. vikes_favre says: Mar 31, 2010 3:52 PM

“What do this got to do with me playing football? Even if I did forget my cleats, what do that have to do with me playing football? I don’t think it has anything to do with me playing football.”
    Kind of reminds of the, “Practice” tirade Allen Iverson went on.

120. tombrookshire says: Mar 31, 2010 3:58 PM

I don’t know how much football this guy learned at OK State, but he sure didn’t learn how to speak the language while there.

121. esox66 says: Mar 31, 2010 3:58 PM

He didn’t take English in school….it was Ebonics. Dat’b
    wa’happnd….

122. RayDaMayor says: Mar 31, 2010 4:01 PM

It be clear to be seein’ dat Dez be a english major in skool.
    He be all butthurt cause dey be pickin on his ass.
    Roll wit it Dogg. Go slam ya a 40 and some gonga be hit’in all out da back doe.

123. filthylucre says: Mar 31, 2010 4:08 PM

“Whoever passes out on me, it’s over with.”
    -Ben Roethlisberger

124. SpeedyMyk says: Mar 31, 2010 4:12 PM

I’ve been reading this site for a while but have refrained from commenting. Today though, the venom is unbelievable. I have seen numerous people in the article alone talk about how Dez is and idiot and they hope he fails. Then a terrible analogy about how despite the fact that he had six, six other pairs of cleats, him forgetting his favorite pair somehow equates to going to a job interview with sneakers on. What?! A lot of you are haters for absolutely no reason. If people made negative assertions about your personality repeatedly for no credible reason, would you not get fed up and want to prove them wrong? And you question his work ethic? He didn’t play all season and still came into the combine and workouts in great shape. You couch GMs and scouts are ridiculous.

125. soundmind says: Mar 31, 2010 4:12 PM

I’m not a wealthy man, not at all. But I will put everything I have against Dez Bryant’s future.

126. nouseforaname says: Mar 31, 2010 4:15 PM

“English MothaF****, do you speak it?”

127. simple_simon1 says: Mar 31, 2010 4:25 PM

Wish him well. I personally think he’s the 3rd best receiver in this years class but I still wish him well. Just think Tate and Thomas are better. Maybe not, but from what I’ve seen they seem to be better players and, at this point, more mature as well.

128. sugarlips says: Mar 31, 2010 4:50 PM

Oh Sweet Jesus!!
    I want some bleach to wash out my eyes after reading this article.

129. East Bay Ray says: Mar 31, 2010 4:52 PM

nowathand says:
    March 31, 2010 2:58 PM
    “People assume that he doesn’t know his English is bad.
    There are many articulate rappers who use the N-word and say things like “ain’t” and “aks”, cognizant that many people will assume they can’t help but say that.”
    ———————————
    Completely agree with you here. By talking this way, even if he knows the correct way to speak English, he keeps his “street cred”. Sadly, there is a portion of inner city culture that sees speaking correct English as being “not black enough” while the way Bryant spoke here is “keeping it real.” There is a reason you see tons more Allen Iverson jerseys in the inner city than you see Grant Hill jerseys, and it goes way beyond Hill’s injury history.

130. toe-to-toe bird law says: Mar 31, 2010 5:05 PM

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”
    Put Dez Bryant, Emmitt Smith, Chris Johnson and Desean Jackson in a room for a day and you’ll find they’ve they resorted to banging on the walls in an effort to communicate.

131. oh the usual says: Mar 31, 2010 5:11 PM

i would love to have been this guy’s english teacher. sure it would be frustrating, but god would it be entertaining.

132. troll_aikman8 says: Mar 31, 2010 5:13 PM

Six pairs of cleats….1 for each Wonderlic point he must’ve scored.

133. FMWarner says: Mar 31, 2010 5:23 PM

trickbunny says: March 31, 2010 3:43 PM
    _____________________________________
    It may seem unfair, but until thousands of people are willing to pay $70 to watch you write proper English for three hours, it’s really not. NFL players have a talent that is much more scarce than the talent most of us bring to our jobs. There’s no reason to pay an average Joe that kind of money when you could pull ten guys off the street to do the same thing.

134. Playoffs?! says: Mar 31, 2010 5:50 PM

——————————————–
    Best post of the day! I can’t recall agreeing more to such a statement!

135. jibfest says: Mar 31, 2010 6:01 PM

Come on though, it is professional sports we are talking about. Look at the NBA you won’t find a bigger collection of uneducated people in the world, except the foreign born players.

136. HereThere says: Mar 31, 2010 6:01 PM

@jwill007
    Thespians? What are you talking about? If you don’t know what a word means, do a Google search first.

137. riscifiguy says: Mar 31, 2010 6:21 PM

How did this moron get out of high school let alone into a college?
    Yo Bubba – report to the meat packing plant on Monday and put in a couple of years to see what a real job and a real life is like!
    Did he finiah last in the wonderlic?
    Or did they give him a wonderlick test? LOL

138. HereThere says: Mar 31, 2010 6:23 PM

@jwill007

139. Ray Guy says: Mar 31, 2010 7:52 PM

Shinywalrus says: March 31, 2010 3:21 PM
    ____________________________________
    Well, he does have to READ a play book, doesn’t he?
    Oh wait, it’s all done in pictures now…forget it.

140. Ska4Life says: Mar 31, 2010 8:45 PM

Whoever complaining about Bryant making millions while your educated self makes thousands, you have to understand that you being smart doesn’t entertain anyone. Dez Bryant being able to run fast and catch balls well entertains MILLIONS…all at the same time. That is why he could eventually make more in one year than you will in your entire life.

141. Tennessee_Tyrant says: Mar 31, 2010 8:48 PM

To play football you needs all equipment , including cleats … So if I forget my cleats , then I don’t have all of my equipment , which means I can’t playfootball …. So let me get this straight , I can still play football if I forget my cleats ? No ? Well Dez , you moron , you made it seem like I could play without my cleats . I mean damn , it’s not like it has anything to with you playing football…. or does it ?

142. BigBear123 says: Mar 31, 2010 10:04 PM

“Whoever passes up on me, it’s over with. I feel like I’m going through the same situation Randy Moss did,” he added. “That man had issues and teams were passing up on him, and when he got on that field, he killed them.
    ——————
    Not the greatest comparison to make.
    Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss was arrested by Minneapolis police in September 2002 and charged with careless driving and failure to obey a traffic officer. The athlete was popped after allegedly driving his car into a traffic agent.

143. irish4life says: Apr 1, 2010 10:26 AM

Actions not words is something that this guy needs to learn…….let his playing do the talking not his mouth.

144. mbbrazi says: Apr 1, 2010 3:35 PM

As if the butchering of the English language isn’t bad enough, It’s the same losers that think it’s O.K. for a full grown man to talk like this (let alone a sometime supposed college attendee) that think Michael Vick didn’t do anything wrong. Whether Dez is from Texas or Mars this is horrendous, at least if he was from Mars he’d have some excuse.

145. Ace613 says: Apr 1, 2010 3:45 PM

nouseforaname says:
    March 31, 2010 4:15 PM
    “English MothaF****, do you speak it?”
    ———————————————-
    One of the greatest movies ever!!! I personally think he is going to be a bust. I know he’s a freak, but so have a bunch of the hundreds of other receivers that were suppose to be all that and get taken in the 1st round.

146. sullijo says: Apr 1, 2010 5:21 PM

Dear All Americans,
    We’ve performed so well with the public school system, we’re now turning our attention to Health Care.
    Love,
    Your Government

147. steve g says: Apr 1, 2010 7:01 PM

The point is; as illiterate as Dez is, he was pushed thru college, because he is one hell of a receiver. He doesn’t have to have any command of the english language to play ball.
    He will be drafted to play ball, and not to converse with anyone.

148. this class sucks says: Apr 2, 2010 12:44 AM

@sullijo
    Thats such a witty insightful comment. I mean who would have thought you could link one persons bad grammar to the debate on healthcare and make your self feel oh so smart. Well done sir.

149. BigBri70 says: Apr 2, 2010 12:18 PM

This is the same game thats always played. Great point about Deion (or any agent) telling him to mention Moss… It may very well cause someone to equate the two. The flip side is that the way he dices the English language and forgetting his cleats does matter to some employers and that may cause people to decide not to take a risk. So this is one side beefing him up to potentially get him more money than he may or may not deserve vs. another side (media,fans,etc…) beating him back down to where he probably belongs.
    And forgetting your cleats could cost you millions you friggin’ dumba$$. You’re just too stupid to realize it!!

150. singletarymakeyoucry says: Apr 3, 2010 10:48 AM

all you clowns can talk about is his bad use of words… not about how good of a football player he will be… most of you in this chat are petty… This guy is the real deal, and I cant wait to rub it in your face come week 8 next season… complain about something that matters, all you guys are doing is putting fuel on a fire that no one will be able to put out, not even darelle revis!!!

151. seawin says: Apr 3, 2010 12:16 PM

Oklahoma State University has got to be the slackest university as far as letting dumb atheletes be admitted to their school. They bring in football dollars and that’s all that matters , right?