Bobbie Williams' contract will be for two years

After many stops and starts, Bengals guard Bobbie Williams’ deal is finally final, according to the team’s official Twitter account.

The long-time guard got a two-year contract.

He’s a key to the team’s running attack.  We could say more, but we said it two days ago the last time we thought Williams was signed.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Bobbie Williams' contract will be for two years”
  1. goetta-head says: Apr 5, 2010 4:42 PM

Reggie Kelly next and draft day here we come!

2. JWu says: Apr 5, 2010 4:57 PM

it’s a killer. drafted by the Eagles, this guy was abominable on the field. Penalties ga-freakin-lore. I don’t blame the organization for letting him move on, but it’s proof that a change in scenery really can do wonders. (this was back before the Eagles’ O went pass-maniacle)
    Maybe HE’S the reason Philly’s running attack is so anemic.

3. palewook says: Apr 5, 2010 5:53 PM

just not a great move. hope they draft a guard in the 1st round

4. heavyj39 says: Apr 5, 2010 6:35 PM

The best lines in the NFL are the ones that know and trust eachother. Glad to see some continuity on the Bengals front 5. If they can give #9 some time maybe he will regain some of his lost accuracy and that would make the Bengals a legit title threat.
    As far as the draft goes I think this is the first time in 20 years we are not looking for 2-3 starters in this draft. In a perfect world I would like to see Earl Thomas fall to the Bengals at 21. That being unlikly I think you could make a strong case for about 5 or 6 guys at that 21st pick. Pass rushers even with baggage are alwasy valuable so Dunlap is a possibility and i suppose a D tackle is a solid choice as well. Greshem the TE from Oklahoma would be a great weapon but it might be too soon to give up on Chase Coffman. Taylor Mays is a freak and I think she add 20 pounds and move to linebacker but thats just me. I think I am only kidding but not sure yet.
    Regardless they should be able to get good value with both of their selections in rounds 1 and 2. If there is a player they really like I hope they use their 2 thirds and 2 fourths and go get the player they think fits because with so many players returning from last year I dont think any more than 4 or 5 rookies make the team.
    WHO DEY!!!

5. heavyj39 says: Apr 5, 2010 6:36 PM

and I for got to mention Iupati, if he is there I think they should grab him up!!

6. BengalBruce says: Apr 5, 2010 11:01 PM

It is strange to see that the Bengals might just be able to take the best player available in the draft.
    I am still on the Taylor Mays bandwagon and i think the 1 year re-signing of Roy Williams proves that Zimmer is interested in a guy like Mays.
    Hard hitter, fast, great potential to be a Safety for Cincy!

7. shaunypoo says: Apr 6, 2010 7:43 AM

Agreed, heavyj39. I would love to see a playmaking safety taken at 21. Both Crocker and Williams went down, and we will need the eventual successor. Iupati would also be a steal at that spot, but if he drops, I don’t see him getting by the Steelers. I have seen Dez Bryant falling in a few mock drafts, and wouldn’t mind him if some of the other favorites are gone, but for the love of Jehovah, we do not need Gresham.
    I am happy they got Bobby Williams back for a few more years. He is a cornerstone. Hopefully the Bengals can find his replacement in the next few years, if he isn’t already on the roster.