Still no specific date for NFLN schedule release show

NFL Network actively is promoting the 2010 schedule release show.  The only problem?  There’s still no date for the program.

TVGuide.com continues to contain a listing for an NFL schedule release special on Tuesday, April 13 at 7:00 p.m. ET.

If that’s correct, if the schedule will be released in only six days, why isn’t NFL Network saying so?

It’s possible that the league is messing with all of us on this, hoping merely to build even more interest in the regular-season schedule.  If so, it’s working.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
24 Responses to “Still no specific date for NFLN schedule release show”
  1. jaywon says: Apr 7, 2010 7:33 PM

For you guys maybe, i could still give a…

2. Vince Drooley says: Apr 7, 2010 7:33 PM

show for the release of the schedule? You’re kidding, right? Seriously, what bunch of losers would watch that?

3. spyboots says: Apr 7, 2010 7:34 PM

Something to do with the networks maybe? Who is showing what when?

4. fivetwos says: Apr 7, 2010 7:36 PM

Making sure you suck every last dollar out of the McNabb situation takes time.
    You heard it here first–schedule released AFTER draft.

5. Bob S. says: Apr 7, 2010 7:37 PM

It’s also possible some dates still are not set and there is some problem that the media and public do not know about yet.

6. dscjmc says: Apr 7, 2010 7:38 PM

yawn

7. barrywhat says: Apr 7, 2010 7:39 PM

Lions maybe a home Monday Night like week 3?

8. dyhard says: Apr 7, 2010 7:40 PM

They do this every year. it will be 2 WEEKS before draft day. so look for it soon. by the way the BENGALS will kick butt this coming year. so who wants to be first. we will know in a couple of days

9. kishcollageit says: Apr 7, 2010 7:41 PM

I wonder how many years it will be with no Lions on MNF? it is almost 10 years now the most of any NFL team!

10. WKuze13 says: Apr 7, 2010 7:53 PM

They did the exact same thing last year. They talked about the schedule release show and it had no date or time in the promo.

11. funi says: Apr 7, 2010 7:57 PM

Benglas kick butt this coming year? LOL LOL LOL! Bungals might win 6 games this season! They have to play S.D at home and on road at Pats, Jets, Atl and Indy!

12. 8man says: Apr 7, 2010 8:22 PM

NFL schedule? We already know who plays who and where. The actual televised games don’t take on any more significance until we know who is good and who blows!
    Like knowing anything more will change where my fat ass ends up during the games.

13. 2000TJ says: Apr 7, 2010 9:28 PM

If you are fan of NFL you already know will be playing who, it is just a matter of when and where, which really isn’t that interesting at this point. I never really understood the fan fair with the schedule release date. Oh well.

14. Brewster says: Apr 7, 2010 9:29 PM

Florio, you could be the only person in the
    Western Hemisphere who actually cares.

15. FNGS says: Apr 7, 2010 9:35 PM

They are probley waiting for Lord Farve, or Grandpa Favre to make up his mind. Who really gives a crap about a NFL schedule show.

16. robert ethan says: Apr 7, 2010 9:36 PM

Roger Goodell still has to make the pilgrimmage to Hattiesburg, Mississippi to talk to HIM.
    See how he’s feeling, when he will be able to return, whether they might even
    have to cancel the entire season.
    Then he has a better idea of how to set up the schedule so the masses can get maximum exposure to HIM.
    Goodell is no fool.

17. EdgarSnyder says: Apr 7, 2010 9:36 PM

jesus, enough commercialism already!
    nfl may be jumping the shark with this move.
    gooddell needs to relax.

18. hotchick says: Apr 7, 2010 9:48 PM

They will announce the schedule. 3% of the world will talk about it for 3 days as if the other 97% give a ratz weezle about it.
    Then Everyone will forget about it until well into pre-season.
    People are not losing sleep over this

19. PatsRPerfection says: Apr 7, 2010 9:57 PM

According to Greg Aiello, “soon. Next week? Maybe, maybe not.”

20. Ivan says: Apr 7, 2010 11:38 PM

If fans are (somewhat) like me, the real reason why you’d look forward to the schedule being released, is to plan out the game you’re going to. For the past five years, I go as nuts for the schedule release, as I do for the draft, and season opener. I know what games I want to go to, but depending on the time of year, I might choose a different game.
    And so you know- I follow the Purple! Skol!!!!

21. Stone says: Apr 8, 2010 12:52 AM

Maybe with you. I think the vast majority of the rest of NFL fans could give two sh&ts about the schedule. They are more interested in things that a team can control, like free agency and the draft. Schedule, who gives a flying f&ck? I either believe in my team and don’t care who we play or I’m a bleeding v&gina that needs to worry over every team we face over the season. I’ll let you guess which person I am. And the fluff over who plays MNF or who plays in London? Who cares…this is all fluff and blah blah blah.

22. Ivan says: Apr 8, 2010 3:27 AM

Stone, but even before the schedules are released, you already know who your team is going to play. What you don’t know is the dates they’ll be facing a certain team. That’s what the schedule release gives you. Like this year, I know we’re playing the Pats out in Gillette Stadium. I already know I’m going to that game, I just don’t know when until this damn schedule comes out.

23. nflisking says: Apr 8, 2010 6:34 AM

@dyhard
    What are you smoking man! I’m sooooo glad I’m not a Bungals fans – have to support a team that hasn’t won a playoff game in… what, 15-20 years?
    Don’t talk smack about you’re team until they can at least back it up on the field

24. Mista T says: Apr 8, 2010 10:48 AM

Unbelievable negativism about the NFL schedule by ignoramuses.
    re “I think the vast majority of the rest of NFL fans could give two sh&ts about the schedule.” — what a crock! Perhaps the armchair QBs who never spend a nickel in support of their teams (if you want to dare call them “fans”) don’t care. But for diehard fans who buy season tickets and go on road trips to support their teams, the schedule is very important.
    Autumn is a wonderful time of year for travel & other activities restricted by summer heat & humidity. Supporting one’s home team in the centerpiece of scheduling most of the NFL fan’s activities — indeed, the schedule specifics are damned important. As soon as the schedule is announced, we will make reservations for hotels near the stadiums of several opponent teams, then watch for sales on flights for road trips, book a cruise vacation, make invitations for out of town guests to come watch home games with us, plan our extra ticket requests, etc.
    Meanwhile, some of y’all who claim to be fans but never step foot in a stadium can have a big circle jerk planning your next mock draft.