L.T. says he won't be talking about the Chargers again

Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson has had plenty to say about the Chargers.  But like Kramer and his vow of silence, L.T. is clamming up.

“That was kind of my one time of speaking my piece and it being my
opinion,” Tomlinson said Thursday regarding his “everything was taken from me” rant of last week, per the Associated Press.  “As a guy who gave so much to the organization
for nine years, I felt like I could express my opinion.  Now, I’m done
with it
and I really wish them the best — until we play them.”

We’d like to think that L.T. really won’t revisit his time with the Chargers.  And he’d probably like to that that he’ll resist to urge to babble about the Bolts, too.

But he’ll eventually talk again.  And then he can say that really he’s done talking about the Chargers.

Starting . . . . now!

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
32 Responses to “L.T. says he won't be talking about the Chargers again”
  1. chargerboymeat says: Apr 8, 2010 8:43 PM

yes lt, please shut up

2. JoeSixPack says: Apr 8, 2010 8:47 PM

… and A.J. VolderSmith from heron out shall be known as “the GM Shall Not Be Named.”

3. chadgoy says: Apr 8, 2010 8:50 PM

I’d like to see you take a vow of silence Mr.Florio, or at least not say anything negative about the Raiders until the regular season starts. That is a challenge. Yes I know, you’ve got so much negative rumors’ that you just can’t resist, but please try.

4. Klytus says: Apr 8, 2010 8:57 PM

It’s probably for the best. The San Diego situation is all ancient history now. Do your talkin’ on the field.
    GO STEELERS!

5. cleanface says: Apr 8, 2010 8:58 PM

LT is like a chick who use to be hot and you would put up with listening to her nonsense but now she’s older and gained a few pounds and every word is just a little more annoying until you can’t deal with anymore and you just want to pour a drink on her head and kick her fat ass out of the bar.

6. 56lightsout56 says: Apr 8, 2010 9:08 PM

an egomaniac like LT that will stop talking?
    thats like his new coach passing up a XL pizza and a six pack
    …….and an opportunity to flip people off.
    wont happen

7. BigBear123 says: Apr 8, 2010 9:09 PM

Until he phrases it as being his “last word” on the Chargers he will keep writing…err talking.

8. august says: Apr 8, 2010 9:18 PM

I AM CLASSY! I AM CLASSY! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! CAN”T YOU SEE HOW CLASSY I AM WHEN I POUT ON THE BENCH WITH MY TINTED HELMET?! PISSED AT MY COACH…..YET SOMEHOW CLASSY!!!

9. bucc19 says: Apr 8, 2010 9:19 PM

He hasn’t said much, it’s not like he went on Greta Van Sustern and cried about everything.

10. WhoDey_Man says: Apr 8, 2010 9:38 PM

august- right on, man right on! there’s a problem with people who have to tell people how they are. LT was always a class act, until he publicly called himself classy. it’s like the douche yelling about being a man. you aren’t a man if you have to constantly tell people you are. that’s why it’s so damn hard to be truly classy.

11. papaplunk says: Apr 8, 2010 9:40 PM

That was my one time of speaking my piece, I mean, until the next time of course. What a dope.

12. Kate773 says: Apr 8, 2010 9:54 PM

Ok, this is just a pet peeve (knowing full well that being the spelling police is other people’s pet peeve) but considering this is a site that is supposedly journalistic, the phrase is that he said his “peace”, not “piece”. Phew. Thank you, carry on.

13. tacious says: Apr 8, 2010 9:54 PM

@ Florio
    Until you, or another talking head, finds a way to ask him a question about his (9) year tenure with the Chargers, forcing him to reply, at such time you’ll jump all over him for mentioning the Chargers…
    I could see your issue if he was holding daily/ weekly press conferences to bash the Chargers Org, or bitch and cry about being cut… but I don’t understand why you have a problem with him answering questions from jackass commentators like yourself?

14. Deb says: Apr 8, 2010 10:06 PM

The problem with his “everything was taken away from me” comment is it’s not all about him. The coaching staff devises a game plan based on what’s best for the organization, not what’s best for the star running back. His yards per carry have diminished significantly. Is that a result of poor blocking schemes and the loss of “MY best fullback” or simply age catching up to him? Maybe it’s a little of both. But he would have been smart simply to let his play for the Jets speak for him instead of whining about his treatment by the Chargers. Proclaiming he’ll say no more on the subject fits the proverb of closing the barn door after the horse has escaped. The damage is already done.

15. 85,20...Bears says: Apr 8, 2010 10:07 PM

# cleanface says: April 8, 2010 8:58 PM
    Perfect really. Haha.
    But seriously Florio. I enjoy the fact that u guys love posting articles and all but this is really special.
    For next time. An article saying that a players “isn’t talking about his former team anymore” really isnt worthy of a post even on this website. What are we supposed to do with this piece of information? Hey did u guys here? LT sed he wasnt gonna talk about the chargers anymore! Thats not even news. Talk about this years draft more. Do your own mock drafts or something, rate players out specific positions that should be drafted. Ur football analysts arent u?

16. bucc19 says: Apr 8, 2010 10:20 PM

It’s not like he called the Raiders or Chiefs and gave them all the plays the Chargers would be running, and then say he was “jus talkin about huntin….”

17. bucc19 says: Apr 8, 2010 10:21 PM

It,s not like he called the Raiders or Chiefs and gave them all Charger information, and then said ” AH was jus talkin about huntin….”

18. CanadianVikingFan says: Apr 8, 2010 10:27 PM

Maybe he should make a Music Video about it..
    They released me, they released me.
    Looking for a new home, looking for a new home.
    Walking to New York, Walking to New York.
    I don’t talk about the Chargers, I don’t talk about the Chargers.
    I’m happy sharing carries, I’m happy sharing carries.
    My quarterback sucks, my quarterback sucks.
    Sitting on the bench, sitting on the bench.
    Missed the superbowl again, missed the superbowl again.

19. wyobroncoboy says: Apr 8, 2010 10:28 PM

“I am not a lil bitch and I from this point forward will no longer be speaking about it” starting…………wait for it……………..Now!!!

20. Big BrEasy says: Apr 8, 2010 10:57 PM

CanadianVikingFan says:
    April 8, 2010 10:27 PM
    Maybe he should make a Music Video about it..
    They released me, they released me.
    Looking for a new home, looking for a new home.
    Walking to New York, Walking to New York.
    I don’t talk about the Chargers, I don’t talk about the Chargers.
    I’m happy sharing carries, I’m happy sharing carries.
    My quarterback sucks, my quarterback sucks.
    Sitting on the bench, sitting on the bench.
    Missed the superbowl again, missed the superbowl again.
    ————————————————–
    Says the fan of a team that only knows how to choke.

21. Super Charged says: Apr 8, 2010 11:55 PM

Not a very good call LT
    Not a very good call
    When you are hurt in the playoff game against the Chargers make sure you stay on the bench and keep your helmet on. We don’t want to look at you.

22. OntBoltFan says: Apr 9, 2010 12:19 AM

Norv Turner eluded to the fact that it wasn’t a question of choice in having to move away from the running game back in 2008. Short of directly calling out the OL, LT should be able to put 2 + 2 together and realize the OL was avg at best hence more focus on the pass.

23. bspurloc says: Apr 9, 2010 12:29 AM

Lawrence Taylor never talks about the colts anyhow…

24. StickyGreen says: Apr 9, 2010 12:54 AM

what a bitch.. at least he went to a garbage team… Yes, the media hyped JETS are garbage

25. tatum32 says: Apr 9, 2010 1:06 AM

idea; Stop saying you’ll stop talking about the Chargers. Just put up numbers for the Jets. Or get b*tched by the Pats like you always do…can you at least get 100 on them this season?

26. Filbertkiwi71 says: Apr 9, 2010 6:24 AM

“As a guy who gave so much to the organization for nine years, I felt like I could express my opinion. Now, I’m done with it and I really wish them the best — until we play them.”
    =============
    LT, it wasn’t as though you volunteered to work for the Chargers for free, you got paid a ton of dough and the team had your back and treated you with a great deal of respect. Respect is a two way street Buttercup, maybe you ought to treat them with a little respect.

27. Buck Stallion says: Apr 9, 2010 6:51 AM

I guess he wasn’t compensated for those 9 years that he “…GAVE so much to the organization”.
    Such a classy girl!

28. ampats says: Apr 9, 2010 7:35 AM

Florio
    Why waste time writing about this has been. He has been whining since his 14-2 Chargers lost to the Patriots when he tried to call out BB because of a couple of jerks ( Ellis Hobbs) that acted like they have never been there before.
    I still can’t believe the jests let Jones walk and gave this classless jerk more $$.
    I can’t wait till Mayo/Wilfork plant his ass and he sits on the bench sulking behind his shield.
    Its time to LadyT to hang them up and sit home and watch the games on his Visio.

29. mastablasta says: Apr 9, 2010 9:23 AM

chadgoy says:
    April 8, 2010 8:50 PM
    hey another pitiful raoders fan blaming and whining about it being florios fault,i just hope you send the real perpitrator of the raiders downfall as much as you do to the writer of opinion and news,but wait,so let me get this straight,the raiders do dumb shit all the time,way too much to try annd list,and florio posts it,and you get mad at him for writing about it,and not get mad at the dude who is actually destroying an nfl franchise!?!?!?!,crazy,hey maybe this year they will draft a 6th round prospect in the first and then you can get mad at florio for reporting that it might be a bad idea,,,douchebag

30. salmen76 says: Apr 9, 2010 11:04 AM

Got a news flash for ya Florio cookie……the only L.T. is Lawrence Taylor……a great player that actually contributed to his team winning 2 Super Bowls…….Lacomplainian never won dick…..he ain’t even a pimple on the REAL L.T.s a$$……in fact if i was the real L.T. ida slapped the $hit out of anybody that tried to steal my name i worked so hard to build……the world contains 2 types of people, doers and whiners…….its easy to distinguish the difference to me…….!

31. ignoringthehaters says: Apr 9, 2010 2:26 PM

F the media. And thumbs up to the poster challenging Florio not to talk negative about the Raiders…..but good luck. The media think they are being “smart” and “funny” with their verbal diarrhea…..yet last I checked there were at least 7 teams who did worse than the Raiders last year. But hey let’s give the Rams and Lions and Browns a pass and hop on the hate bandwagon. As long as Russell is not the QB for even a single game, the Raiders are as good or better than every team in that division.

32. Bious says: Apr 10, 2010 4:52 PM

Yea right, we all know LT will talk at some point
    ESPECIALLY if he has a good season with the Jets