McCoy, Suh to visit Bucs next week

Most mock drafts, including ours, have the Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking a defensive tackle with the third overall pick. So it’s no surprise that Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh and Oklahoma’s Gerald McCoy will both visit the Bucs next week.

Anwar Richardson of the Tampa Tribune reports that McCoy will arrive in Tampa on Sunday and visit with the Buccaneers through Monday, while Suh is scheduled to visit on Tuesday.

The Bucs have made no secret that they’re interested in both players, including asking Texas Tech guard Brandon Carter to provide his thoughts from having played against both of them.

Most mock drafts, including ours, have the Lions taking Suh at No. 2 and leaving the Bucs to take McCoy.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories
21 Responses to “McCoy, Suh to visit Bucs next week”
  1. magni says: Apr 8, 2010 1:15 PM

Suh will not get past the Lions, so it looks like it’s up to McCoy to be the next “Sapp.”

2. big007hed says: Apr 8, 2010 1:19 PM

I hope they get Suh but McCoy is not a bad consolation prize!!!

3. drock13 says: Apr 8, 2010 1:30 PM

PLEASE detroit pass on Suh! tampa needs him badly….anyone out there really think McCoy will be more disruptive?

4. WellDisciplinedVC says: Apr 8, 2010 1:35 PM

Either one would be a MASSIVE upgrade to what they have now. Sorry Hovan but your best days are behind you. GO BUCS!

5. Greenantz says: Apr 8, 2010 1:35 PM

We are not ahppy about this!
    Signed Chris Hovan and Ryan Sims

6. TBTrojan says: Apr 8, 2010 1:38 PM

WOW!!!
    What breaking news.
    It’s not like Pewter Report already said this 3 weeks ago is it?
    Oh wait, it’s exactly like that.
    In tomorrows breaking news PTF will tell us…
    SAINTS WIN SUPER BOWL!!!

7. Slow Joe says: Apr 8, 2010 1:39 PM

The Rams are idiots if they don’t take Suh, but let me be the first to say: I’ll thank my lucky stars if they’re idiots. I’d love for the Bucs to get Suh, but McCoy will hopefully be a great consolation prize.
    If the Rams do the smart thing and take Suh, leaving the Lions to take McCoy, the Bucs are screwed. They’ll have to try to trade down. There are some other good DTs in the draft, but not worthy of being picked in the top ten. And the Bucs HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact DT, or I will become an alcoholic by December.
    Okay, more of an alcoholic.

8. RIP__21 says: Apr 8, 2010 1:42 PM

“Most mock drafts, including ours, have the Lions taking Suh at No. 2″
    Hopefully. That scenario would pave the way for my boys to get Okung at #4 or trade back and get Williams or Bulaga. And maybe a draft day trade to either lions or bucs for haynesworth to pair with their rookie DT in exchange for picks.

9. Champ Kind with Sports says: Apr 8, 2010 1:54 PM

They should thow everyone off and take Brandon Carter at #3

10. pkrjones says: Apr 8, 2010 2:04 PM

If the Rams are smart they’ll grab Suh, w/ McCoy going to Detroit. TB then can field offers for pick #3 for teams wanting Okung, Bulaga or Bradford. They’re in a great position to trade down and get some serious help – Mt. Cody will still be around for their 2nd round pick, so grab some talent in rnd 1.

11. WHODAT says: Apr 8, 2010 2:29 PM

Enjoy early 1st rounders again next year… Bucs..Rams..and Lions fans… lol

12. severs28 says: Apr 8, 2010 2:37 PM

# WHODAT says: April 8, 2010 2:29 PM
    Enjoy early 1st rounders again next year… Bucs..Rams..and Lions fans… lol
    __________________________
    Yes because the Saints have been a model franchise in the NFL for the past decade or so right? The Saints owe 100% of their success to the Chargers for giving up on Brees too early.

13. drock13 says: Apr 8, 2010 3:02 PM

WHODAT…wow one superbowl and all the sudden you talk smack..where were ya every other year? bandwagoner!

14. brasho says: Apr 8, 2010 3:32 PM

Why take McCoy if Suh isn’t there? Lamarr Houston was far more productive at Texas than McCoy was at OK, had the best bowl game of any DT in the country, and then blew McCoy away in testing. If Suh isn’t there, pass on McCoy, get Okung, Berry, or trade down and grab a DE and get Lamarr Houston in round 2. There is a small difference between the 2, and the differences favor Houston.

15. brasho says: Apr 8, 2010 3:33 PM

16. sketch813 says: Apr 8, 2010 3:41 PM

Who was the first team to win a Superbowl in the Nascar division???? Oh that’s right the BUCS. It’s called rebuilding. I expect us to have another losing season.

17. Mean D says: Apr 8, 2010 5:27 PM

There is NO comparison between Suh and McCoy. Suh’s stats in college dwarf those of McCoy AND Suh wiped his rear end with McCoy at the combine. The Bucs are FOOLS if the settle for McCoy. Probably will though as he will come cheaper and the Glazer’s squeeze a quarter until the eagle screams.

18. GoBrowns19 says: Apr 8, 2010 5:30 PM

If I were a draft prospect, I’d just tell everyone that the only team I’m playing for is the Browns so the rest of you chumps can suck my balls. Yeah, that’s what I’d say.

19. mobuccsfan says: Apr 8, 2010 7:02 PM

I really don’t think it will matter much in the end. Something is definitely wrong in Tampa and they don’t spend money anymore. Not that I agree with bringing in a lot of old, veterans but every team needs some good, solid presence and the buccaneers have bungled that the las three offseasons in my opinion and their drafting is not much better. But I do have hope for Miller and Stroughter to become semi-star to star type players someday. Not sold on Freeman yet. I know I would much rather have Suh, I lived in Nebraska during 2008 to early 2010 and watched the kid play on tv alot. he’s a beast and will have the better pro career in my opinion. Detroit wants to trade down so bad supposedly and the Bucs aren’t too bad off with picks, maybe we should try to switch picks and give up a later pick and conditional pick next year. I’m sorry but I think Suh is worth it. Battles are won almost always on the lines and the Bucs need that disruptive defense again. I still think next season is only a 5 to 7 win season at best but Suh could be a great piece to the puzzle. Along with some good OL help in the later rounds and a good WR prospect that could give them a legitimate playmaker to build upon.

20. mobuccsfan says: Apr 8, 2010 7:14 PM

don’t know if my other comment will make it or not but one final point. as far as Albert Haynesworth is concerned, not that excited or interested and wasn’t last year either. His actions this year showed exactly why Tampa shouldn’t have pursued him. It comes down to wanting motivated and determined people in the game. i think fixing the rookie wage and also doing away with guaranteed contracts is great. they may have skill but if they aren’t going to utilize it then too bad. I don’t get to sit around my job and not work hard or keep trying to improve. If I did, I’d be jobless. I sure wouldn’t command anymore money and we all want to make more money. That is why it’s best to give it your all. Not like a lot of our jobs are guaranteed or our salaries, look at the economic downturn around us. For a game, some of these athletes, politicians, musicians and more just don’t get it, which is exactly part of what went wrong with this country years ago.
    Sorry to get off subject, I know this is a football website though I don’t know anymore lately with some of the posts! I have been reading this for over a year but love it, mostly for all of the funny and witty commenters out there. some of you guys and girls make me laugh so fking hard.

21. drock13 says: Apr 9, 2010 10:19 AM

the bucs must trade to two to get suh…the lions GM is martin mayhew who played for tampa for a long time…so im guessing he’ll trade with tampa…i hope so anyway